HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kunitz to Colorado

Old
01-10-2013, 07:18 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 500
Kunitz to Colorado

What would it take to get Chris Kunitz to Colorado? Don't really follow pitt at all, so what are some of the teams needs?

S3rkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I don't think we make good trade partners, because Im pretty sure they need wingers like us.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:20 PM
S3rkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I don't think we make good trade partners, because Im pretty sure they need wingers like us.
dang, i feel like a kunitz/duchene/pap line would do some damage

Old
01-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Saving Greiss
Drum solo of life!

Yeah... Kunitz is the Pens' best winger after Neal.

Saving Greiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

It would take more than it would be worth for the Avs.

Kunitz is used in every situation here and is an important part of the team's leadership.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:54 PM
LetangBrassard23

Landeskog

It wouldn't be worth the cost for the Avs. He works well with Sid, does everything asked of him, great person to have. I understand why you would want him. It would require an overpayment that just wouldn't be worth it.

LetangBrassard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Crosberry87

The Pens need another shutdown defenseman. We have a wealth of defensive prospects that were waiting on. But we can't afford to move Kunitz because then we would have to in turn find a new winger for Sid. Malkin has Neal. But you can send us back Landeskog if you want

Crosberry87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:37 PM
S3rkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangBrassard23 View Post
I understand why you would want him. It would require an overpayment that just wouldn't be worth it.
Haha, yea from the pens games i've watched, always loved his game. Suprised he doesn't get much hype on these boards. Sure we cant entice you with a stellar package built around Kobasew!!!!

Old
01-10-2013, 08:40 PM
BrickAHL
WOATalanche

We need a top 4 defenseman a lot more than we need Kunitz.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
What would it take to get Chris Kunitz to Colorado? Don't really follow pitt at all, so what are some of the teams needs?
Considering that other than Neal, Kunitz is the only legitimate top six winger the Pens have, I don't think he's up for trade. Not unless a better top six winger is coming back the other way. But then it makes no sense for the other team in that case.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Flat Stanley

He's not really available, but you guys have someone similar in McGinn.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:13 PM
S3rkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
We need a top 4 defenseman a lot more than we need Kunitz.
I agree as well. But just not really sold on hejduk returning to form to play lw, still think there's a hole on dutchy's wing, I feel like our season is going to ride a lot on his line regaining some chemistry again.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

It seems like according to Pens' fans, NO ONE is available. even 33 year old Kunitz. but they still are trying to get a Top 6 winger and a top 4 dman for nothing.

If there wasn't a shortened season i'd say Kunitz could be traded. Shero could probably pick up a vet Dman and a 2nd/3rd tweener who would go on to solidify a top 6 spot for kunitz and a D prospect or some crazy fleecejob.

if it was a regular length season the Pens could afford to try BB, Tangradi and/or Jeffrey in the top six. but probably not during this season. during the offseason i'd say moving Kunitz is completely plausible.

Jesus Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyPierroZabotel17 View Post
It seems like according to Pens' fans, NO ONE is available. even 33 year old Kunitz. but they still are trying to get a Top 6 winger and a top 4 dman for nothing.

If there wasn't a shortened season i'd say Kunitz could be traded. Shero could probably pick up a vet Dman and a 2nd/3rd tweener who would go on to solidify a top 6 spot for kunitz and a D prospect or some crazy fleecejob.

if it was a regular length season the Pens could afford to try BB, Tangradi and/or Jeffrey in the top six. but probably not during this season. during the offseason i'd say moving Kunitz is completely plausible.
We have two top 6 wingers, why would we as a contending team trade one away unless an upgrade is coming back? Bennett is no where near ready for the big show, let alone top 6 minutes, Tangradi has had his chances and has failed to impress and earn more ice time, and Jeffery is a centerman. For the price teams would willingly pay, trading Kunitz only makes us worse.

As far as wingers go, Shero will most likely do what he has always done, pick up a rental at the deadline for futures in hopes of it panning out.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:15 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Colorado needs Kunitz about as badly as Pittsburgh needs Stastny

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 05:09 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

Kunitz also has a NTC. He loves it in PIT and is a very fine player for the Pens. He has a big role for this team, being effective as a Sidīs winger and in the locker room. Value-wise, it would be probably McGinn+, but then itīs better for both sides just to look elsewhere.

Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 05:37 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:

Or the Pens could do none of these things and just keep the legit top 6 winger they have who fits in perfectly well.

Yeah, that sounds much better.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:40 AM
JTG

Pens are really only in a position to move assets if the right deal comes along (like the James Neal trade). They won't really be putting guys on the market until defensemen start developing, and then they will hopefully be able to turn over puck movers and get some of the wingers the team has been looking for.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:50 AM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Available is relative. Kunitz is one of the pieces that is definitely not on the market for a "what kind of package can I throw together to pry him out of PIT", if the perfect player for the Pens is available though and it takes (among other things) Kunitz to get it done, that`s different. I`d consider only Crosby 100% off limits and only Malkin, Neal and Letang 99.8% off limits for the latter, but yeah, sorry, hardly any current top6 starter is shopped for the former.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:27 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:

So, we should trade one of our two, legit top 6 wingers, to bring in a top 6 winger?

Seems pretty logical.

If anything, the Pens want a 2nd Kunitz, so one can play with both Crosby and Malkin.

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Colorado has Hejduk, Landeskog, Downie, Jones, McGinn, Parenteu on wing in the top 9. Why do they need Kunitz? The Penguins can't afford to trade Kunitz. He and Neal are the only two guys who are really suited to play with Crosby and Malkin. Dupuis, Kennedy, etc are really better suited for third line duty.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Colorado has Hejduk, Landeskog, Downie, Jones, McGinn, Parenteu on wing in the top 9. Why do they need Kunitz? The Penguins can't afford to trade Kunitz. He and Neal are the only two guys who are really suited to play with Crosby and Malkin. Dupuis, Kennedy, etc are really better suited for third line duty.
Hejduk from last year probably should have retired at the end of the season, so Avs fans are being realistic when they say they need another W to play with Duchene.

Hopefully, the burden of wearing the C was the cause of Hejduk's lackluster play and he returns to being a 20+ G scorer.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:53 AM
SEALBound

Kunitz + Despres for Eric Johnson?

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:35 AM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Kunitz + Despres for Eric Johnson?
Eric Johnson is about as untouchable as a player can get right now. He is the only Avs D who can even be considered a top pairing guy. Without him the Avs D is in horrible shape, and he just signed an extension at a reasonable price.

As someone said earlier, these two teams have similar needs, so they don't make good trade partners.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 1590
Chris is awesome and everything but he is 33 years old and reaching the end of his prime. Meanwhile the rest of our roster is under 27. Doesn't makes sense for us to go after someone so much older as we are building to have the team grow up together. IMO

AMDZen is online now   Reply With Quote