Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v6

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 12:47 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

vCash: 50
Wow that was some legen.....wait for it...dary trolling.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:00 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i'd easily take Koivu over Spezza. nice attempt at placating the opposition troll, though.

learned something new in that thread: Lehner >>>brodin value wise. clearly dealing with a troll there guys. you were had.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:50 PM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
When did the Wild suddenly become popular in the trade forum? Yowsers!
It's Parise and Suter, people will throw us 4th liners for Suter and think it's a good deal. Probably because a lot of people didn't really know any players on the Wild for a long while since no one gave a **** about us, but at the same time everyone now pays more attention to us now considering who's on our team now alas more people know more about Koivu.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDownDefense View Post
It's Parise and Suter, people will throw us 4th liners for Suter and think it's a good deal. Probably because a lot of people didn't really know any players on the Wild for a long while since no one gave a **** about us, but at the same time everyone now pays more attention to us now considering who's on our team now alas more people know more about Koivu.
There has not been one proposal for Suter or Parise, other than a couple people making a quick joke post about scrub for Parise, but it's all in good fun. The one's annoying me are the people that want Granlund, Brodin, Coyle, Zucker, etc. and aren't willing to give up much to get them, thinking that our prospects don't hold much value.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:15 PM
nickschultzfan

What do people think about a Clutterbuck+Dumba for Del Zotto trade? If the Rangers think Del Zotto is asking too much, I got to think a Clutterbuck+Dumba offer would be very appealling to them.

Del Zotto would fit better in the Wild's timeline than Dumba. A blueline of Suter, Gilbert, Del Zotto, Brodin, Scandella, Spurgoen, and Stoner would be a very talented blueline.

Just a thought. Not sure I would do that. Plus, I would guess that the Rangers would perfect an afford top-4 Dman coming back since they should be contending this year.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:04 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Devin Setoguchi straight up for Jamie McBain

Old
01-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
No thanks.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Okay, I now see why you proposed that trade.

The Canes are expected to trade someone as soon as they can do it.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
What do people think about a Clutterbuck+Dumba for Del Zotto trade? If the Rangers think Del Zotto is asking too much, I got to think a Clutterbuck+Dumba offer would be very appealling to them.

Del Zotto would fit better in the Wild's timeline than Dumba. A blueline of Suter, Gilbert, Del Zotto, Brodin, Scandella, Spurgoen, and Stoner would be a very talented blueline.

Just a thought. Not sure I would do that. Plus, I would guess that the Rangers would perfect an afford top-4 Dman coming back since they should be contending this year.
No way. Would have a hard enough time doing Clutter for Del Zotto (who I feel I redundant with Spurgeon on the roster), let alone adding Dumba. I think a lot of you guys are giving up on Dumba wayyyy too fast. He's forgoing points to work on his defensive side of the game. Sometimes learning to play the game the right way takes sacrifice.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:42 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
No thanks.
You're right. Minnesota would need to add.

Parise - Koivu - Heatley/???
??? - Granlund - Setoguchi

If Bouchard is healthy and Zucker or Coyle make some noise in camp...they could push Setoguchi out.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
You're right. Minnesota would need to add.

Parise - Koivu - Heatley/???
??? - Granlund - Setoguchi

If Bouchard is healthy and Zucker or Coyle make some noise in camp...they could push Setoguchi out.
Coyle and Zucker aren't going to camp.

As far as I would be concerned, Setoguchi has a 48 game tryout to see if he should be involved in the future of this franchise.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Starting to annoy me how many people want to get rid of Seto already. Would you honestly feel comfortable throwing Coyle into the top 6 right now? Isn't anyone in the least bit curious how a fully conditioned and healthy Seto can do with Granlund? He's the only right handed shot we have in our top 6 and I wanna see what he can do. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

I must say I'd love to see Del Zotto in a Wild uniform, but if most of you truly think Scandella is a top 4 d-man of the future for us, not to mention Brodin, I don't see the reasoning in trading for him. Not that we have the cap space to sign him now anyway.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:27 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Starting to annoy me how many people want to get rid of Seto already. Would you honestly feel comfortable throwing Coyle into the top 6 right now? Isn't anyone in the least bit curious how a fully conditioned and healthy Seto can do with Granlund? He's the only right handed shot we have in our top 6 and I wanna see what he can do. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.
Why is everyone comfortable throwing Granlund in the top 6? I would be comfortable throwing Coyle in the top 6, especially with Granlund as his center. Seto is too streaky to stick on the 3rd line and he really doesn't do anything as a 2nd line winger. Furthermore, after this year, he'll be on the last year of his contract. Rather trade him then have him sit out when he pulls the, contract year stunt.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

I'd rather see what Setoguchi does next season. Trading him now seems premature; we need goals to make the playoffs, and without Seto, we're down another goal-scorer... And this team is sorely lacking in that department.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:49 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
No way. Would have a hard enough time doing Clutter for Del Zotto (who I feel I redundant with Spurgeon on the roster), let alone adding Dumba. I think a lot of you guys are giving up on Dumba wayyyy too fast. He's forgoing points to work on his defensive side of the game. Sometimes learning to play the game the right way takes sacrifice.
Exactly.. Give DumbaTrain some time to develop in every possible way..

I personally would prefer to see Dumba develop the things he is good at and got drafted for.. And let Brodin take care of the rest in their pairing.. (Not that its negative for Dumba to get better in D. but you get my drift)

As for this team i think the right thing to do is to give this team 48 games and take it from there..

Old
01-11-2013, 12:49 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I'd rather see what Setoguchi does next season. Trading him now seems premature; we need goals to make the playoffs, and without Seto, we're down another goal-scorer... And this team is sorely lacking in that department.
To be honest, the guy had 19 goals last year. That isn't hard to replace.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:54 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
The problem is we don't just need to replace 19 goals - we need about 50 more goals than last year before we start looking like a competitive hockey team.

IMO, we need all the goals we can get.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Beegoalie

Quote:
The problem is we don't just need to replace 19 goals - we need about 50 more goals than last year before we start looking like a competitive hockey team.

Parise...

Suter...

Granlund...

Possible Healthy PMB...

the goals are coming..thats a lot of offense added to a single team in one offseason...

He has a good point, give Zucker or Coyle all Setoguchi's ice time and line mates and PP time from last season and I'd bet either one scores 19 goals.

Setoguchi flat out STUNK last year and was an utter disappointment. Now he has to try and prove he's worth us keeping around or if his heart never left Cali.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Beegoalie

Quote:

Nope, given the chance Seto had last year put Coyle/Zucker there and I'm convinced they produce equal or better stats than Seto. He was bad last season.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:39 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:

We need a guy that can move the puck on the back end (Brodin would have been nice). Spurgeron is a smurf and should have limited minutes simply because the guy won't be able to go against some of the biggest forwards in the league. Gilbert is a solid two day defenseman. Suter is solid two-way defenseman. And Scandella is a mystery but possibly two-way defenseman. But most of them don't add a lot to the offense. We need a guy that can move the puck other than Brodin.

Parise will chip in 25-30 goals. If we can get some more production out of our backend as well...

Minnesota had a whopping 14 goals from the blue line last year.

Spurgeon and Scandella led the way with 3 a piece, Kampfer and Zannon both had 2, Falk, Stoner, Schultz, Prosser all had 1.

14 goals.

We need more production out of our blue line this year.

BTW if Koivu stays healthy, he could chip in 20 goals.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:17 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Agreed. Dumba projects to be way better than MDZ and were throwing in Clutter on top of that... No thanks. We aren't that desperate for a defenseman IMO

Old
01-11-2013, 05:33 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Devin Setoguchi straight up for Jamie McBain
yes any day of the week yes

Old
01-11-2013, 06:14 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Eric Nystrom?? 16 goals on 3/4 line for Dallas is better than 19 on 1/2 line..

Old
01-11-2013, 09:25 AM
nickschultzfan

People are down on Setoguchi because they thought he was going to be something that he's not, because he was the only NHL player in the Burns deal.

Setoguchi is so-so 2nd line winger who's points will depend on how he clicks with his linemates. He's a bit of a one-trick pony, a speedy guy who can shoot the puck. To his credit, any scoring line needs at least one guy like that. And his upside is that he can play with two better players.

He's not junk and we shouldn't throw him away, because honestly nobody knows if Zucker is a flash in the pan, if Coyle is ever going to be a top-6 player, if Bouchard has any NHL career left, if Cullen can buck his entire career of being a 40-point "eh" player, or if Larsson is anything more than a role player. For the time being, Setoguchi has a spot as our 2nd line RW.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:30 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

zucker and/or coyle could be Palmieri. i can't believe people haven't learned caution in pinning their hopes on prospects.

Closed Thread