Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
I wasn't much of a fan of last nights show at all, I thought the story line stuff was all over the map and just not great.

The Hogan veresus Hogan and Bully Ray suspension thing was utterly petearded, I'm just waiting for Hogan sometime in the future to yell, "It was me Bully Ray, it was me all along"

I think the Aces and 8's thing went a little off the rails last night, and revealing another member who I won't name for reasons of spoilers was the ultimate who cares moment.

Ken Anderson just grinds my gears and not in a good way, the guy just really needs a character refresher.

Having Sting basically kick the crap out of a heel group by himself just dosen't do much to feed the air of menance that is needed for A and 8's to work.

Overall with a ppv coming up it was just not a very good show.
Have Aces and 8's even won more than a handful of matches cleanly? It seems they win all their matches by cheating. I would imagine booking them strong would make them seem more fearsome. I agree in that.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:18 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Hogan not allowed to joke around apparently, nevermind that he constantly puts the roster over for how young and talented they are. It's asking about christmas wishes lol way to blow crap out of proportion.
I think most people would overlook Hogan joking if his ego wasn't what it was back in the Nitro days, the return to WWE, and even during his early tenure with TNA. You hear that he could or wants to be champion, and the first reaction is "Oh geez, not this **** again". He might put over new talent, but you don't think for a second if the writers brought up Hogan being in the ring again (just referencing his knee comment here, so work with me) that he wouldn't try to talk them into a title shot?

Old
01-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
Have Aces and 8's even won more than a handful of matches cleanly? It seems they win all their matches by cheating. I would imagine booking them strong would make them seem more fearsome. I agree in that.
The group consists of guys like Gallows, Devon, Knox, why would you book those guys strong when everyone knows they aren't? thus why they hunt in numbers and using cheap tactics. These guys are the prospects of the group, they aren't meant to be elite guys.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
I think most people would overlook Hogan joking if his ego wasn't what it was back in the Nitro days, the return to WWE, and even during his early tenure with TNA. You hear that he could or wants to be champion, and the first reaction is "Oh geez, not this **** again". He might put over new talent, but you don't think for a second if the writers brought up Hogan being in the ring again (just referencing his knee comment here, so work with me) that he wouldn't try to talk them into a title shot?
I read that quote in the context of the entire article it came from rather than just extracting that part of it and blowing it out of proportion so take from that what you will. My first reaction wasn't "oh geez, not this **** again", but rather "oh look, Hogan is in some Christmas wishlist interview thing and surprise surprise people take his answers and blow them out of proportion".

Hogan talks all sorts of nonsense, everyone should know this by now, unsurprisingly people will pick and choose which pieces of this they will choose to take seriously and unsurprisingly they will pick ones they can interpret badly so they can complain about him.

Last edited by Morozov: 01-04-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old
01-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
The group consists of guys like Gallows, Devon, Knox, why would you book those guys strong when everyone knows they aren't? thus why they hunt in numbers and using cheap tactics. These guys are the prospects of the group, they aren't meant to be elite guys.
Who will they or can they bring in that will be an elite or upper card guy? The group isn't impressive to me. Even if D Lo or Jarrett turn out to be members, I don't think it has much of an impact, no pun intended.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Who will they or can they bring in that will be an elite or upper card guy? The group isn't impressive to me. Even if D Lo or Jarrett turn out to be members, I don't think it has much of an impact, no pun intended.
That's the problem really they can't have big names jump ship like back in the WCW days, I'll wait until they actually reveal that though and then judge. JJ is probably the biggest "name" they could have behind it like him or not he is a big name in the TNA world. I'm just saying that booking guys like Knox and Gallows strong does nothing but insult the audience and tries to elevate midcard/jobber guys from WWE to something more in TNA which isn't a good look. Having them resort to cheating and group attacks and weapons is the logical way to handle that aspect. These guys though, aside from Devon, are openly little more than prospects, Devon is the only one revealed who is meant to be somewhat important and then there's a couple of guys who are above him.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
ImpactWrestling.com has announced that former TNA stars Petey Williams, Amazing Red, Matt Bentley, Jimmy Rave, and Jerry Lynn will be making special appearances at the TNA Wrestling X-Travaganza tapings that will be held on January 12 in Orlando, Florida.

The show will feature an Ultimate X Match, a Joker's Wild Tag Team Match, an X-Scape the Cage Match, and Rob Van Dam will be facing Jerry Lynn at the taping.
**** yeah, Red and Little Petey Pump

Old
01-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I don't know if anyone caught Impact, but the best part of the whole show was Sting's face as he stood there holding a ball peen hammer and baseball bat in the middle of the ring during the Bully/Brooke thing.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:53 AM
BGDDYKWL

I don't catch Impact that often, but I noticed Joseph Park was back this week. Did that storyline ever go anywhere? From what I could gather he was gone recently for "wrestling school". Any idea where this storyline will go?

Old
01-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
I don't catch Impact that often, but I noticed Joseph Park was back this week. Did that storyline ever go anywhere? From what I could gather he was gone recently for "wrestling school". Any idea where this storyline will go?
He's scheduled to compete in this weekend's TNA PPV Genesis vs. Devon.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:13 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
He's scheduled to compete in this weekend's TNA PPV Genesis vs. Devon.
I thought this angle could actually be pretty interesting if done right, but I feel like with them waiting so long and him also not being around it lost a lot of its steam. Time will tell.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:44 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
I thought this angle could actually be pretty interesting if done right, but I feel like with them waiting so long and him also not being around it lost a lot of its steam. Time will tell.
He hasn't not been around though, they've showed him week by week doing his training at OVW

I don't get how a post ago you were talking about how you haven't watched often and you were asking for someone to tell you what has happened with that angle, now suddenly you are in a position to be talking about how it has lost a lot of its steam but whatever.

He got kidnapped by Aces and Eights, eventually after he was freed he wanted a piece of them, he unmasked Gallows, Gallows messed him up, then he had a match with Gallows and lost. Then he wanted to be able to wrestle again and Hulk said no because he's a lawyer not a wrestler and he had to train, so then off to training he went which they documented week by week showing him at OVW with him training and being terrible until he mistakenly got cut open and then when he started bleeding he flipped out and started being good because that's his shtick.

Last edited by Morozov: 01-12-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old
01-12-2013, 03:39 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
He hasn't not been around though, they've showed him week by week doing his training at OVW

I don't get how a post ago you were talking about how you haven't watched often and you were asking for someone to tell you what has happened with that angle, now suddenly you are in a position to be talking about how it has lost a lot of its steam but whatever.

He got kidnapped by Aces and Eights, eventually after he was freed he wanted a piece of them, he unmasked Gallows, Gallows messed him up, then he had a match with Gallows and lost. Then he wanted to be able to wrestle again and Hulk said no because he's a lawyer not a wrestler and he had to train, so then off to training he went which they documented week by week showing him at OVW with him training and being terrible until he mistakenly got cut open and then when he started bleeding he flipped out and started being good because that's his shtick.
I see. I typically just catch bits and pieces of the show each week. I didn't realize they were showing him each week at "wrestling school", I thought he was just off TV for that time, so that's why it seemed to me like the angle was losing steam (because I hadn't seen him in a while). I'm curious to see how they continue the angle moving forward because I think it has the potential to be one of the more interesting ones of recent memory.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

The "Wrestling School" they show him at is OVW which is the proper developmental territory for TNA nowadays.

I like Abyss but for me he isn't useful for much beyond getting the crap beaten out of him in hardcore matches, especially after they ruined his character and had him become Foley Jr.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I would've liked to see an Abyss sighting tonight at Genesis but I doubt that'll happen.
I expect Hardy to retain although I'd like Bobby Roode to win the title back.
I wonder how the PPV will do now that they've cut back.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:49 PM
RussianRocket10

#AustinAriesForPresident

Old
01-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

The vignette with Aries and Roode together last week was great. To be honest I'd be happy if either Roode or Aries win.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Will be pretty cool seeing Jeff and Daniels now, they should be able to tear it up.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:16 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

I will cry of joy if Daniels wins.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

stupid question time...the bully ray/brooke hogan thing is only storyline right? isn't he actually married in real life? Taz just RT'd this and made me question

RT @REALBully5150 Ok #BULLYNATION. My Bachelor Party will be at Ricks Cabaret in NYC on Wed.@ 9pm. Its gonna be CRAZY!! Come down and help celebrate!!

Old
01-15-2013, 10:13 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163

Old
01-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
stupid question time...the bully ray/brooke hogan thing is only storyline right? isn't he actually married in real life? Taz just RT'd this and made me question

RT @REALBully5150 Ok #BULLYNATION. My Bachelor Party will be at Ricks Cabaret in NYC on Wed.@ 9pm. Its gonna be CRAZY!! Come down and help celebrate!!
Yeah I'm pretty sure he is married in real life. Bully's character is all about his "twittah macheen" so not surprising if he is playing it up on there.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Yeah I'm pretty sure he is married in real life. Bully's character is all about his "twittah macheen" so not surprising if he is playing it up on there.
yeah, that's why i had to pause...was a tad perplexed...

Old
01-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

This is his wife

Old
01-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I clearly have to start wearing more flannel shirts.

Closed Thread