HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Harnessed in Slums

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Nyquist back on track too for that matter.

Last 10 games: 4G, 10A, +7. Points in seven straight. Top5 in AHL scoring.
Clearly he needs more over-ripening.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Its awesome how hes putting up points when given a chance to play offensively and with good players. So many people who didnt watch him would just write him off because of his stats. He gets a chance and he goes on a tear.

He might get some NHL time this year, hes probably better than Andersson already
I've been critical but I did predict in the fearless predictions thread that he'll get called up late in the season for the playoff run. Abby isn't a legit NHL center so Sheahan could definitely upgrade our 4th line as a center. It's good to see his offensive game continue to improve.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:10 PM
cjm502
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Clearly he needs more over-ripening.
Not ripe enough, keep him in GR for the start of the season

Old
01-10-2013, 12:52 PM
newfy

Just re watched most of the game and saw all the parts that mattered.

Nyquist made a couple really slick plays but Sheahan still finished which is something that has been in question. Good to see him capitalize. He could maybe turn into a Cleary type top 6 forward where he can produce with good line mates but versatile enough to move around the line up.

Nicastro played a good game and handled himself well in that fight. Hes huge, physical and a pretty decent skater. He was even playing on the PP. He didnt win his fight but his first ever pro fight against a guy like Brookbank who is a legitimate heavyweight that can go with pretty much anyone in the NHL or AHL and not doing to bad is a good start. I think hes got a future as a decent scrapper/physical PKing number 6 dman.

Ferraros goal was a really nice, fast release

Old
01-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Frk It
#snipequist

It absolutely blows my mind that Gustav Nyquist is going to be left off of the Red Wings roster. Its almost laughable.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:57 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
It absolutely blows my mind that Gustav Nyquist is going to be left off of the Red Wings roster. Its almost laughable.
At the same time I'm reading articles about "AHL-depth is the key for success at this shortened season..."

I definitely would like Nyquist promoted to full-time NHLr, but I also understand this tactical thinking keeping him down. He can play there and keep his game touch at 100%.

This shortened season is nothing but a game with incurance policy. Every game matters more, every injury and recovering time effect is relatively double. Without depth, when you lose a key player, the stakes go higher that you are going out of the playoff race.

Nyquist is kind of a key to the TOP6 injury scenario. If that happens, he is not sitting in wrong role at lower lines, or even worse scenario, at the pressbox. He's playing 20 minutes a nigth at lower level in key situations and ready to jump right in. You maybe don't have this kind of guy at lower lines and to save the lower line chemistries, you don't have to suffle them, just call Nyquist up.

Always, injuries will happen. Brunner could be useless and gets send down, a "trade" with Nyquist. The lineup planned on paper at training camp isn't what starts the season, it isn't what finishes the regular season and it isn't what is used at the playoffs.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:58 AM
joe89

Nyquist will get his spot before this season is done, one top9 injury is all it will take. I'm not particularly worried about him either. I am starting to get a little worried for Tatar though if he doesn't get a single NHL minute for the second year straight. He works as hard as anyone down there and is a top player every night.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:05 AM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Nyquist will get his spot before this season is done, one top9 injury is all it will take. I'm not particularly worried about him either. I am starting to get a little worried for Tatar though if he doesn't get a single NHL minute for the second year straight. He works as hard as anyone down there and is a top player every night.
I agree about Tatar. I'm worried he'll bolt to the KHL if he doesn't have any faith in the Wings giving him a shot. He has more than paid his dues and is definitely looking ready for NHL action. I'd really like to see him phased in down the stretch. Put him on the third line and let Cleary or Bert drop down to the fourth.

Zetterberg | Datsyuk | Brunner (or Nyquist)
Franzen | Filppula | Samuelsson
Tatar | Helm | Bertuzzi (or Cleary)
Tootoo | Abby | Mursak

**In all reality there will probably be a few injuries to the forwards corp throughout the shortened season, so it's up to these guys to run with the opportunity.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM
newfy

Without a lrgit training camp and preseason games guys will drop like flies this year, no need to worry about Nyquist getting his shot.

As for tonights game, should be a rough one. A lot of bad blood fired up late in yesterdays game including a pretty nasty spear by Grant on Brookbank. I'm interested to see what happens tonight.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:23 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Without a lrgit training camp and preseason games guys will drop like flies this year, no need to worry about Nyquist getting his shot.

As for tonights game, should be a rough one. A lot of bad blood fired up late in yesterdays game including a pretty nasty spear by Grant on Brookbank. I'm interested to see what happens tonight.
You'll see the norm... IceHogs with countless dirty hits.

god i cant stand Rockford

Old
01-11-2013, 07:02 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
You'll see the norm... IceHogs with countless dirty hits.

god i cant stand Rockford
True that. Heads up and cash in on the powerplays.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:07 PM
joe89

Well that was fast.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:09 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

what happened to redwingslive.net?

Old
01-11-2013, 07:11 PM
drumnj

Send a message via AIM to drumnj Send a message via MSN to drumnj Send a message via Yahoo to drumnj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
what happened to redwingslive.net?
Forgot about updating the remaining schedule, for my task automation. It's on

Old
01-11-2013, 07:22 PM
joe89

No offense to Callahan but you know you've got some injuries when he's out there on the PP.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:00 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
No offense to Callahan but you know you've got some injuries when he's out there on the PP.
Does show that he and Blashill are really seeing eye to eye after a rough start. He has been playing hard, I agree it shows the injuries, but still nice to see Mitch get rewarded.

Stupid penalty by Parkes, you board two people in the first 10 minutes getting a major on one of them.

My guess is Parkes will be watching tomorrow just like he is the rest of the night.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:15 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Really like how Nicastro looks so far these past two games.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:21 PM
joe89

Nestrasil looks awful.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:31 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Sounds like Mrazek just went beastmode in that save.

Looks like the vets are fighting alot more than they were in the beginning of the year.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:32 PM
MBauer

Mrazek made a crazy save! Why would Ben Smith fight Evans, asking to get whooped.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:21 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
Mrazek made a crazy save! Why would Ben Smith fight Evans, asking to get whooped.
Got him back on the goal to take the lead in a big way.

Nestrasil does look something awful tonight I agree Joe.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Sounds like the D is struggling.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Saad grabs onto Lashoff... Lashoff gets a penalty... Sounds about right.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:38 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

brutal third, good thing they have a quick turnaround, wouldn't want that sitting with them all week.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:44 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Really like how Nicastro looks so far these past two games.
Definitely agree here. I think getting his feet wet in Toledo really helped him. I'm not really excited about him because he'll likely be a bottom pairing dman at most but that frame, decent puck skills, a ridiculous shot and a mean streak could turn him into a pre concussion Lilja for the wings which is a solid 6 type dman and provides some grit and size.

Obviously I would like to see him fight a bit more, he did alright against a legit heavyweight in his firs tpro fight and can only get better. Would add a dimension the wings need. Hes getting PP time which I didnt expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Does show that he and Blashill are really seeing eye to eye after a rough start. He has been playing hard, I agree it shows the injuries, but still nice to see Mitch get rewarded.
Yeah I dunno about PP time but hes worked his way up the lineup with solid defensive play and no dumb penalties. It seems like Blashill has the muzzle and leash on him though which kind of sucks because hes going to need a combo of that and skill to get to the NHL.

And Sheahan is a completely different player now it seems. Confidence through the roof after his play recently.

On a side note, maybe Drumnj is who I should message but that chatbox on redwinglive hasnt been working for me for like a month now and on and off all year.. any suggestions to fix that?

Closed Thread