HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2013, 09:04 AM
  #826
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,724
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
So...how about this to appease members of Tank Nation?

Toronto gives:
Phaneuf(retain partial salary)
Lupul
Grabovski(retain partial salary)
Reimer
Macarthur

Toronto gets:
B. Schenn
L. Schenn
Ilya Bryzgalov
PHI 1st
Eddie Lack
Jordan Schroeder

PHI gives:
Schenn
Schenn
Bryzgalov
1st


PHI gets:
Phaneuf(discounted)
Luongo
Macarthur

Van gives:
Luongo
Lack
Schroeder

Van gets:
Grabovski(discounted)
Lupul
Reimer


Basically Toronto trades away their older players at a discounted price to make them more appealing to contenders, as well as taking Bryzgalov(who can be bought out in two years if necessary). In return they dramatically speed up their rebuild, obtaining key futures at every position. By the time they are ready to compete all the excess salary will be off the books anyways.

Everybody wins.(although I'll admit it's completely unrealistic)
Everybody wins!? You're screwing with us, right?

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:12 AM
  #827
Holy Mackinaw
Registered User
 
Holy Mackinaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GTA, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
As a Canucks fan I will admit that the new CBA should drastically reduce Luongo's value while increasing the value of bubble teams 1sts... That being said, I am still hoping for TOR 1st or FLA 1st. Don't care if anything comes with the picks.

Maybe from TOR: Komisarek + Biggs/Percy/Kadri + 1st for Luongo + Ballard or something line that.
If I am Nonis and Gillis is willing to top-10 protect that first, I do it.

EDIT: Minus Ballard. Missed that part.


Last edited by Holy Mackinaw: 01-11-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Holy Mackinaw is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:19 AM
  #828
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,213
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
Vancouver has never been the best team in the NHL; you have no cups.
Back to back President's trophies disagrees with you.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:20 AM
  #829
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
From a team who is in the playoffs, seems likely. Especially if they take Komi off the books for Toronto.
Taking Komi off the books is pointless if we are adding Ballard and his very similar, longer running contract don't you think?

Besides that Toronto is in a very good position cap wise and feels no pressure to pay people to take a contract off their books

TOGuy14 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:20 AM
  #830
Holy Mackinaw
Registered User
 
Holy Mackinaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GTA, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Back to back President's trophies disagrees with you.
Boston, LA and that big shiny thing with all the names on it disagree with you.

Holy Mackinaw is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:24 AM
  #831
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,350
vCash: 500
Heard Philli may be involved making it a 3 way. What about:

Philli receives Canucks 2013 5th rounder and Holzer
Leafs receive Luongo
Canucks receive Flyers 2013 2nd rounder, Leafs 2013 2nd rounder, Kadri, Bozak

mapes is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:26 AM
  #832
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Back to back President's trophies disagrees with you.
Best team is the team who wins the cup. Their stars are very very inconsistent when it matters. When they went to the Finals, Luongo was the biggest reason. They're now dealing him

mapes is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:27 AM
  #833
Holy Mackinaw
Registered User
 
Holy Mackinaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GTA, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Heard Philli may be involved making it a 3 way. What about:

Philli receives Canucks 2013 5th rounder and Holzer
Leafs receive Luongo
Canucks receive Flyers 2013 2nd rounder, Leafs 2013 2nd rounder, Kadri, Bozak
How it that beneficial at all for Philly? They get absolutely hosed, no offense.

Holy Mackinaw is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:34 AM
  #834
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
How it that beneficial at all for Philly? They get absolutely hosed, no offense.
What if I add Blacker to Philli? If they are in on this, their need is defensive depth.

I don't think a 5th and Holzer for a late 2nd would be hosed

mapes is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:44 AM
  #835
HogTown06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
So...how about this to appease members of Tank Nation?

Toronto gives:
Phaneuf(retain partial salary)
Lupul
Grabovski(retain partial salary)
Reimer
Macarthur

Toronto gets:
B. Schenn
L. Schenn
Ilya Bryzgalov
PHI 1st
Eddie Lack
Jordan Schroeder

PHI gives:
Schenn
Schenn
Bryzgalov
1st


PHI gets:
Phaneuf(discounted)
Luongo
Macarthur

Van gives:
Luongo
Lack
Schroeder

Van gets:
Grabovski(discounted)
Lupul
Reimer


Basically Toronto trades away their older players at a discounted price to make them more appealing to contenders, as well as taking Bryzgalov(who can be bought out in two years if necessary). In return they dramatically speed up their rebuild, obtaining key futures at every position. By the time they are ready to compete all the excess salary will be off the books anyways.

Everybody wins.(although I'll admit it's completely unrealistic)
I have the feeling this one will make it's way to Puck Daddy's...

HogTown06 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:51 AM
  #836
HogTown06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
As a Canucks fan I will admit that the new CBA should drastically reduce Luongo's value while increasing the value of bubble teams 1sts... That being said, I am still hoping for TOR 1st or FLA 1st. Don't care if anything comes with the picks.

Maybe from TOR: Komisarek + Biggs/Percy/Kadri + 1st for Luongo + Ballard or something line that.
After all the fan/press backlash over the Kessel trade I can't imagine the Leafs trading a 1st round again in the near future. Even if Komi goes with it.

HogTown06 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:55 AM
  #837
RECsGuy*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 500
Still think Luongo lands with the Panthers.

RECsGuy* is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:20 AM
  #838
kootenayfan
Registered User
 
kootenayfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southeastern BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Still think Luongo lands with the Panthers.
Agreed, the thing people seem to forget is that Luongo has a no trade clause..which means he could veto a trade to any city he does not want to play in.

kootenayfan is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:22 AM
  #839
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,213
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
Boston, LA and that big shiny thing with all the names on it disagree with you.
The best team wins the regular season while the hottest team wins the race to the Stanley Cup. It's quite simple.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:24 AM
  #840
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,213
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Heard Philli may be involved making it a 3 way. What about:

Philli receives Canucks 2013 5th rounder and Holzer
Leafs receive Luongo
Canucks receive Flyers 2013 2nd rounder, Leafs 2013 2nd rounder, Kadri, Bozak
I really don't see Gillis trading Luongo for junk.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:24 AM
  #841
GoLeafsGo96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
The best team wins the regular season while the hottest team wins the race to the Stanley Cup. It's quite simple.
Nobody remembers who "wins" the regular season except for the fans of that team.

Winning the regular season means nothing if you can't win the big prize.

GoLeafsGo96 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:27 AM
  #842
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,196
vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Still think Luongo lands with the Panthers.
While in theory I'd like that, for Luongo's sake and since Florida does have some nice pieces, I think if he does go to Florida, it will be a lesse return, as they have the smallest need for him out of all the teams interested.

However, following up on what you said a while back(you'd trade any one piece for Luongo except Huberdeau), and that you feel Gudbranson has a limited offensive upside, would you trade him for Luongo 1-for-1?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:29 AM
  #843
RECsGuy*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 500
Markstrom gave up 5 goals last night on just 25 shots, bringing his numbers to 11-14, 2.75, 0.913...........in his 3rd AHL season.

RECsGuy* is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:33 AM
  #844
The Phil
Registered User
 
The Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
What if I add Blacker to Philli? If they are in on this, their need is defensive depth.

I don't think a 5th and Holzer for a late 2nd would be hosed
So the Leafs give up Blacker, Holzer, Bozak, Kadri and a 2nd for Luongo?

The Phil is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:34 AM
  #845
Holy Mackinaw
Registered User
 
Holy Mackinaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GTA, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
The best team wins the regular season while the hottest team wins the race to the Stanley Cup. It's quite simple.


Whatever makes you sleep at night. I am not denying is one of the league's elite teams, but come on. You said " the best". They are not. It's simple because, well, you say so.

Think of the Stanley Cup as sleeping with Jessica Biel. Winning the regular season is like sleeping with your sister.

Holy Mackinaw is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:35 AM
  #846
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
While in theory I'd like that, for Luongo's sake and since Florida does have some nice pieces, I think if he does go to Florida, it will be a lesse return, as they have the smallest need for him out of all the teams interested.

However, following up on what you said a while back(you'd trade any one piece for Luongo except Huberdeau), and that you feel Gudbranson has a limited offensive upside, would you trade him for Luongo 1-for-1?

Beezeral is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:35 AM
  #847
Holy Mackinaw
Registered User
 
Holy Mackinaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GTA, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelbackMontage View Post
So the Leafs give up Blacker, Holzer, Bozak, Kadri and a 2nd for Luongo?
Actually, reading into that further, I missed that. So the Leafs get hosed, as do the Flyers. Vancouver makes out very well, mind you.

Holy Mackinaw is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:37 AM
  #848
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
Actually, reading into that further, I missed that. So the Leafs get hosed, as do the Flyers. Vancouver makes out very well, mind you.
Isn't that what we all want??

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:38 AM
  #849
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,383
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
Whatever makes you sleep at night. I am not denying is one of the league's elite teams, but come on. You said " the best". They are not. It's simple because, well, you say so.

Think of the Stanley Cup as sleeping with Jessica Biel. Winning the regular season is like sleeping with your sister.
Im assuming you meant her sister, which I would agree with

If not...

LPH is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:38 AM
  #850
RECsGuy*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
While in theory I'd like that, for Luongo's sake and since Florida does have some nice pieces, I think if he does go to Florida, it will be a lesse return, as they have the smallest need for him out of all the teams interested.

However, following up on what you said a while back(you'd trade any one piece for Luongo except Huberdeau), and that you feel Gudbranson has a limited offensive upside, would you trade him for Luongo 1-for-1?
Sam Brittain is still in college. Michael Houser is a project. Jose Theodore's deal expires in a couple months. Scott Clemmensen, life-long journeyman back-up, is signed for just one more season. Markstrom is regressing in the AHL. Still think the Panthers have the smallest need for Luongo among the teams rumored to be in the Lu Sweepstakes?

And, yes, I'd do Gudbranson for Luongo, straight up. Guds is high character, but only useful on half the ice.

RECsGuy* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.