HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Schedule

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2013, 08:12 AM
  #51
MayDay
Registered User
 
MayDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mount Kisco, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,554
vCash: 500
Does anyone know whether the season opener on the 20th is going to be an afternoon or an evening game?

I'd much rather it be the evening, since I have plans that afternoon.

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:16 AM
  #52
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Tim Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Does anyone know whether the season opener on the 20th is going to be an afternoon or an evening game?

I'd much rather it be the evening, since I have plans that afternoon.
1pm from what I've heard.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:18 AM
  #53
MayDay
Registered User
 
MayDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mount Kisco, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
1pm from what I've heard.
Damn.

Guess I'm going to have to wait til the 21st to see a game.

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:39 AM
  #54
beerme1
Registered User
 
beerme1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
12:30 NBC Game

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:06 AM
  #55
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
Absurd. The NHL could obviously and easily release a schedule that is contingent on player ratification. The "player vote delay" argument is obviously nonsense since NHL teams have already announced the date and time that they are going to start selling tickets. They're simply unprepared, mainly because the league is a Mickey Mouse organization.
And if they had released a schedule that had to be changed because of some delay, you'd call them a Mickey Mouse organization because of that too, I'm sure.

Does it really matter if you find out the schedule on 1/9 or 1/12? Do those 3 days make that much of a difference in your life?

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:08 AM
  #56
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
And if they had released a schedule that had to be changed because of some delay, you'd call them a Mickey Mouse organization because of that too, I'm sure.

Does it really matter if you find out the schedule on 1/9 or 1/12? Do those 3 days make that much of a difference in your life?
like I said, people will complain just to complain.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:33 AM
  #57
Pyro Kinesis
Cleveland for LIFE!
 
Pyro Kinesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,186
vCash: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
12:30 NBC Game
This. Is. Fantastic. Can't wait!

Pyro Kinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:36 AM
  #58
MayDay
Registered User
 
MayDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mount Kisco, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
12:30 NBC Game
Source?

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
  #59
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,670
vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Source?
John Vogl's Twitter feed.
Quote:
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl
Won't be "official" until later today but it will be Flyers at Sabres at 12:30 p.m. Jan. 20 on NBC. Two time-tested TV markets open schedule

Link: https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/sta...42194829561856

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:09 AM
  #60
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Tim Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 500
I'm really excited to be the first national game in the US, on home ice no less. Makes up for missing out on opening night.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:12 AM
  #61
Pyro Kinesis
Cleveland for LIFE!
 
Pyro Kinesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,186
vCash: 912
Will Doc be calling that game?

Pyro Kinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:13 AM
  #62
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,670
vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
I'm really excited to be the first national game in the US, on home ice no less. Makes up for missing out on opening night.
Are you really excited for no RJ though? I could do without the national spin and zingers and would much rather have RJ synced with my feed.

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:14 AM
  #63
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Tim Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Are you really excited for no RJ though? I could do without the national spin and zingers and would much rather have RJ synced with my feed.
I'll get plenty of RJ this season. I like this because it showcases the great fans in Buffalo.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:16 AM
  #64
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
NBC at 12:30 on Sunday? SWEET! I'll be in San Diego but with it being on NBC I can actually watch it!

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:25 AM
  #65
Clyde Donovan
Registered User
 
Clyde Donovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
I'm really excited to be the first national game in the US, on home ice no less. Makes up for missing out on opening night.
I've been hearing it's basically set that Flyers-Pens is opening the national games on NBC on the 19th.

Clyde Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:31 AM
  #66
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,066
vCash: 500
Makes sense that they're going to to with the cities that always crush the ratings for their first couple national games.

I'm not worried about no RJ. I run my radio through GarageBand on my laptop, adjust the delay, then into my receiver, so I always have RJ's calls.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:31 AM
  #67
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Tim Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Donovan View Post
I've been hearing it's basically set that Flyers-Pens is opening the national games on NBC on the 19th.
Ah, so Saturday afternoon? So Flyers Saturday on NBC and then Flyers again Sunday afternoon on NBC?

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:38 AM
  #68
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,143
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
Ah, so Saturday afternoon? So Flyers Saturday on NBC and then Flyers again Sunday afternoon on NBC?
Of course. Heck, I'm happy NBC threw a Buffalo game in there. Usually, it's just varied combinations of Bruins/Rangers/Capitals/Penguins/Flyers/Red Wings/Blackhawks. I'm sure the Kings will get pushed in there now, as well. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:39 AM
  #69
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,143
vCash: 50
Flyers beat writer

Quote:
Sam Carchidi‏@BroadStBull

NHL has changed sked format again. Teams will only play teams in same div. 4x. More details coming.
https://twitter.com/BroadStBull

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:03 AM
  #70
LGB24
Registered User
 
LGB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
The first four games are confirmed:
Quote:
Andrew Peters ‏@76_AndrewPeters
My first 4 games were completely accurate. 1/20 PHI, 1/21 at TO, 1/24 at CAR, 1/25 CAR I do not have any times for the games.

Andrew Peters ‏@76_AndrewPeters
Source tells me Sabres will end season with 4/25 vs BOS and 4/26 vs NYI. That's about all I know. Then the real season begins! #16WINS
well so much for fewer back to backs. I guess with the condensed schedule its going to turn out that way for most teams though

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
  #71
BWidz8930
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
I'm really excited to be the first national game in the US, on home ice no less. Makes up for missing out on opening night.
Ohhh I disagree.

BWidz8930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
  #72
MayDay
Registered User
 
MayDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mount Kisco, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
That's 16 divisional games.

Which leaves 32 conference games.

Could be 3 games each against conference opponents, plus an extra two games thrown in somewhere.

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
  #73
MLH
Registered User
 
MLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
And if they had released a schedule that had to be changed because of some delay, you'd call them a Mickey Mouse organization because of that too, I'm sure.

Does it really matter if you find out the schedule on 1/9 or 1/12? Do those 3 days make that much of a difference in your life?
The fact that you see no need for people to have more than a week to make plans to use the tickets that they've already bought and paid for makes me feel bad for you more than anything. Yes, amazingly plenty of people will actually have other obligations next weekend. Hopefully the NHL can settle on a schedule format more than a few hours before puck drop.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:43 AM
  #74
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
The fact that you see no need for people to have more than a week to make plans to use the tickets that they've already bought and paid for makes me feel bad for you more than anything. Yes, amazingly plenty of people will actually have other obligations next weekend. Hopefully the NHL can settle on a schedule format more than a few hours before puck drop.
You are something else.

I'm a very busy person, and 7 days is more than enough time to adjust schedules for a hockey game.

If it's not, I'm sure there will be enough demand in the secondary market for you to dispense of your tickets.

I think DR is right; you are just complaining to complain.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:53 AM
  #75
MLH
Registered User
 
MLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post

I'm a very busy person, and 7 days is more than enough time to adjust schedules for a hockey game.
Fair enough, but plenty of people are busy and would like to go to the home opener that they paid for. To put this in perspective, the NBA reached a tentative agreement of 11/26/11 to their lockout and released their opening game schedule (date, time and teams) the very next day, despite the fact that ratification was weeks away, they had a month to play with, and were going to have preseason games. The NHL wants to open next weekend and may still not even know the format of the schedule. They are using the ratification (which they absolutely do not need to wait for) as an excuse to cover their own lack of preparedness.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.