HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks - Season Starting Roster

Old
01-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
This coming from the guy who said Lalonde was better than Leddy. It was clear when I saw them live that Lalonde isn't even close to Leddy in anything.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
This coming from the guy who said Lalonde was better than Leddy. It was clear when I saw them live that Lalonde isn't even close to Leddy in anything.
Lalonde had a spurt where he was better then Leddy. And at the time, it was a correct statement.

Leddy, Clendening, Lalonde, all similar players. Throw a dart at the line up with those three and you get the same thing from all of them.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Lalonde had a spurt where he was better then Leddy. And at the time, it was a correct statement.

Leddy, Clendening, Lalonde, all similar players. Throw a dart at the line up with those three and you get the same thing from all of them.
No, you don't.

Clendening is far worse defensively.
Lalonde is far worse offensively and defensively.
Neither are ready for the NHL.
Leddy is ready, and already has been, in the NHL.

It was never a correct statement, and any one with a hockey clue would agree.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Well, from one of them you get a kid who might not even be good enough for an AHL contract next year.

So no, you don't the same thing from all of them.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
No, you don't.
Yes you do.
Quote:
Clendening is far worse defensively.
Then Nick Leddy? Nick Leddy doesnt play defense, which is similar to Clendening.
Quote:
Lalonde is far worse offensively and defensively.
Lalonde is better defensively and a notch below Leddy offensively. Their skating is similar with Lalonde having a better first stride. Lalonde also isnt scared to drop the mits and stick up for team mates.
Quote:
Neither are ready for the NHL.
What a coincidense, neither is Leddy.
Quote:
Leddy is ready, and already has been, in the NHL.
Thats more a management snafu then Leddy actually being ready to take on a spot where he obviously isnt ready to play. I mean, if last years playoffs wernt any indication or the "flawed" stat of +/-.
Quote:
It was never a correct statement, and any one with a hockey clue would agree.
And anybody who watched every Hogs game will tell you differnet.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Yes you do.

Then Nick Leddy? Nick Leddy doesnt play defense, which is similar to Clendening.

Lalonde is better defensively and a notch below Leddy offensively. Their skating is similar with Lalonde having a better first stride. Lalonde also isnt scared to drop the mits and stick up for team mates.

What a coincidense, neither is Leddy.

Thats more a management snafu then Leddy actually being ready to take on a spot where he obviously isnt ready to play. I mean, if last years playoffs wernt any indication or the "flawed" stat of +/-.

And anybody who watched every Hogs game will tell you differnet.
No, you don't.

Nick Leddy isnt great at defense, but hes far better than Clendening.

Lalonde is terrible defensively, worse than Leddy. He is also a fair bit worse offensively. Wippty do, he fights, so does Bollig.

Leddy is ready for the NHL, top 25 in pts by a Dman tells me I'm right, and you're wrong..again.

I'll agree with management over some guy (like you) that doesnt have a clue.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:15 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

I'm hoping that it was more boredom than anything for Leddy in Rockford. Offensively he took gambles that he wouldn't dare try in the NHL and didn't seem to give a hoot defensively ... like he was just biding his time until the lockout ended. I do understand what Martini is on about. He should have been working hard on his defense while there. I blame the coaching staff for not drilling that into him.

At least Leddy will be in game shape and should ease the burden for Keith (who won't be) by taking some of his minutes early on in the schedule.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:17 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

i don't think lalonde makes the nhl at all. are people actually proposing him as a replacement for leddy

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
No, you don't.

Nick Leddy isnt great at defense, but hes far better than Clendening.
Which is like hitting yourself in the face with a shovel instead of a hammer.
Quote:
Lalonde is terrible defensively, worse than Leddy.
Yes, his plus 4 speaks volumes to Leddys minus 2 coupled with Leddys almost two years of NHL experience.
Quote:
He is also a fair bit worse offensively.
With an almost similar game to Leddy with the exception he does indeed try to play defense when the puck goes into his own zone. Good lord, he sacrifices offense to play defense, silly Lalonde. Not that it matters, mind you, but take into consideration PP and PK time and Lalonde would be considered a bit more well rounded then Leddy, but I am getting ahead of myself. Thank the lord there is a log jam of mediocre defenseman on the depth chart over Shawn Lalonde or the world would see that the drop off from Leddy to him isnt as far off as many here wish it was.
Quote:
Wippty do, he fights, so does Bollig.
But, Leddy doesnt.
Quote:
Leddy is ready for the NHL, top 25 in pts by a Dman tells me I'm right, and you're wrong..again.
And the fact that he is the invisable man in his own zone tells me that he isnt ready to feast on secondary assists while in the NHL with the offensive skill the Hawks have and should be learning how to be a defenseman first and foremost to make himself better in the long run, but thats just me. The fascination with points is severely over shadowing the fact that Nick Leddy is horrible his own zone and with him playing anything more then bottom pairing minutes this team isnt doing anything to make themselves an actual contender.
Quote:
I'll agree with management over some guy (like you) that doesnt have a clue.
Yes, because the last three Cup winners have proved you dont win a Cup without playing outstanding defense.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:21 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
i don't think lalonde makes the nhl at all. are people actually proposing him as a replacement for leddy
No, but they are saying that Leddy has a long way to go before he's as good as some folks here think he is.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Nobody is, but saying his game is that far off of Leddy only proves many havent watched too many Hogs games over the last few years.

Great skating, good offensively, bad at playing defense. Who does that sound like?

Old
01-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Great skating, good offensively, bad at playing defense. Who does that sound like?
You're right.

Shawn Lalonde and Brian Campbell aren't that far apart.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:31 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
And the fact that he is the invisable man in his own zone tells me that he isnt ready to feast on secondary assists while in the NHL with the offensive skill the Hawks have and should be learning how to be a defenseman first and foremost to make himself better in the long run, but thats just me. The fascination with points is severely over shadowing the fact that Nick Leddy is horrible his own zone and with him playing anything more then bottom pairing minutes this team isnt doing anything to make themselves an actual contender.
He's right there. If we see the same Leddy in Chicago that we saw in Rockford (and he plays top 4 minutes) it will hurt us. There is no easing into this season for any player, or team. The intensity of playoff hockey will be prevalent pretty much immediately.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
You're right.

Shawn Lalonde and Brian Campbell aren't that far apart.
Thats funny, because there is a huge drop off in talent from Brain Campbell to his replacement, Nick Leddy.

Obvious is just that, obvious.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Hawkaholic

So in one post you say +/- is a flawed stat, and then you bring up Lalonde and Leddys +/- stats. To touch on their +/-'s, Leddy plays against the other teams top players every night, Lalonde gets sheltered minutes. Also, Leddy also plays far more than Lalonde, who has been a HEALTHY SCRATCH more than a few times.

The fact you point out a flawed stat after you called it a flawed stat makes me done with you.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Thats funny, because there is a huge drop off in talent from Brain Campbell to his replacement, Nick Leddy.

Obvious is just that, obvious.
And there's an equally big drip off between Nick Leddy and Shawn Lalonde, which was the point.

But what do I know, I've only been watching dirty, illegal streams. Maybe on your crystal clear streams, Shawn Lalonde plays so well that he doesn't get scratched for...how many games is it now? 13?

Old
01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
So in one post you say +/- is a flawed stat, and then you bring up Lalonde and Leddys +/- stats.
Yes, because the quotations didnt mean a thing when the first thing many like to say here is how plus/minus doesnt mean anything when it actually does.

Quote:
To touch on their +/-'s, Leddy plays against the other teams top players every night,
This is true. When Leddy goes out on the ice the rival team now sees a five on five power play considering Leddy doesnt, you know, play defense, and from reading many things written here, obviously doesnt have to.
Quote:
Lalonde gets sheltered minutes.
(scratches head)
Quote:
Also, Leddy also plays far more than Lalonde, who has been a HEALTHY SCRATCH more than a few times.
Leddy was also a healthy scratch while in Rockford. You do know this, correct? I mean, if the log jam of players and not enough spots to go around wasnt any indecation or anything.....
Quote:
The fact you point out a flawed stat after you called it a flawed stat makes me done with you.
If thats the case, then point total would be a flawed stat if, while a defenseman, you were on the ice for far more goals then you had a hand in creating, amirite?

Old
01-10-2013, 07:07 PM
RomersWorld*

I was at the game last night watching how great the defense was without Nick Leddy on it...gave up only 6 goals. Nice.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Martini, you really just need to give it up. Please.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:29 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

o/t - i see our new unfriend 'raffi' has been zoomed out of the board. which ever mod dropped the boom..thanks for that.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Sevanston

The Blackhawks have officially recalled Kruger, Shaw, Bollig, and Leddy from Rockford.

I have absolutely zero idea why Ben Smith isn't in that group.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
The Blackhawks have officially recalled Kruger, Shaw, Bollig, and Leddy from Rockford.

Its basically the roster from last season. There isn't going to be a camp this year. There are going to be 2 or 3 practices and then games.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Its basically the roster from last season. There isn't going to be a camp this year. There are going to be 2 or 3 practices and then games.
Morrison is gone and they added two FA defensemen. Am I forgetting anyone?

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Morrison is gone and they added two FA defensemen. Am I forgetting anyone?
Brunette

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:37 AM
cherrypik

Quote:

It make no sense at all. The Hawks needs his energy and body to stand in front of the net.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote