HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2013, 10:07 PM
  #1051
PK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Tweet: Ian Henderson‏@Hawks_JrA_GM

@hawkesburyhawks have traded @Bussey21 to Yarmouth in the @MHLhockey for a PDF. Best of luck Bus and hopefully we meet at the @HC_RBCCup !

PK19 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 12:12 AM
  #1052
HockeyFan67
Registered User
 
HockeyFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Eastern,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan80 View Post
Anyone hearing anything out of Smiths Falls on possible moves??
@sfbears acquire Dylan Mascarin from the Thunder Bay North Stars of the SIJHL. @ohlhoundpower prospect, Dylan was a 5th rd pick of Plymouth

@sfbears trade D Kevin Millejours to Thorold


Last edited by HockeyFan67: 01-11-2013 at 12:14 AM. Reason: content added
HockeyFan67 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 12:26 AM
  #1053
ottawafan80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan67 View Post
@sfbears acquire Dylan Mascarin from the Thunder Bay North Stars of the SIJHL. @ohlhoundpower prospect, Dylan was a 5th rd pick of Plymouth

@sfbears trade D Kevin Millejours to Thorold
Yes saw this. Don't know much about him, point a game this year but the SIJHL is not as good a league as CCHL. This brings SF to 15 forwards on the roster...

ottawafan80 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 06:00 AM
  #1054
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Cumberland trades Eric Clitsome, Chris King and Alex Carlson to Ottawa Jr Sens for........

From Paul Flindall's Twitter. Hopefully he finishes the tweet soon.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:05 AM
  #1055
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Drouin to NEP for Milito and Diaz.

gusfring is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:20 AM
  #1056
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Drouin to NEP for Milito and Diaz.
Why would Pembroke make this trade?

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:26 AM
  #1057
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Why would Pembroke make this trade?
Well, if you look at some of the other deals being made in this league, at least in this trade Pembroke gets 2 guys who can actually play in this league.

gusfring is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:31 AM
  #1058
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Well, if you look at some of the other deals being made in this league, at least in this trade Pembroke gets 2 guys who can actually play in this league.
But does the trade make them better? And Diaz is gone after this year whereas Drouin is a 94.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:35 AM
  #1059
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
But does the trade make them better? And Diaz is gone after this year whereas Drouin is a 94.
Does the Clitsome trade make CUMB better? No.
Does the Crocock trade make PEM better? No.

gusfring is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:40 AM
  #1060
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Does the Clitsome trade make CUMB better? No.
Does the Crocock trade make PEM better? No.
Is Cumberland going to make the playoffs? No.

Is Pembroke going to make the playoffs? Easily.
Should they not be making trades that help them in these playoffs?

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:42 AM
  #1061
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Is Cumberland going to make the playoffs? No.

Is Pembroke going to make the playoffs? Easily.
Should they not be making trades that help them in these playoffs?
So then why trade Crocock? There are more to these deals...

gusfring is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:45 AM
  #1062
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
So then why trade Crocock? There are more to these deals...
Crocock asked for the trade.

This is my point. They're making trades that don't seem to help them come playoffs. Unless they've made other trades that have yet to be announced.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:50 AM
  #1063
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Crocock asked for the trade.

This is my point. They're making trades that don't seem to help them come playoffs. Unless they've made other trades that have yet to be announced.
And do you know details of this trade?

Before this trade they had 5 CCHL D, now they have 6.

Point is, they got way more for Drouin than these other teams are getting for their players.

gusfring is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:58 AM
  #1064
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
And do you know details of this trade?

Before this trade they had 5 CCHL D, now they have 6.

Point is, they got way more for Drouin than these other teams are getting for their players.
PLK reported that they traded Crocock for a PDF.
And I'm not debating what they got versus other teams. I just think that Diaz and Milito are a downgrade from Crocock and Drouin.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:39 AM
  #1065
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
But does the trade make them better? And Diaz is gone after this year whereas Drouin is a 94.
I believe Drouin is scheduled to head off to school next season.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:40 AM
  #1066
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Cumberland trades Eric Clitsome, Chris King and Alex Carlson to Ottawa Jr Sens for........

From Paul Flindall's Twitter. Hopefully he finishes the tweet soon.
Probably had to inform Ottawa players before announcing, looks like it was completed right at the deadline.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:42 AM
  #1067
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Drouin to NEP for Milito and Diaz.
Drouin wanted out also, Pembroke needed 2 dmen to finish season.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM
  #1068
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Cumberland trades Eric Clitsome, Chris King and Alex Carlson to Ottawa Jr Sens for........

From Paul Flindall's Twitter. Hopefully he finishes the tweet soon.
Going to Cumberland are F Riley Hennigar (95), D Justin Lafleur (94), F Bruno Cheff (96) and futures.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 11:45 AM
  #1069
hardfacts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Comments......

PLK got worse today....militto cant play....Diaz just ok....as a fan i am disappointed with my teams trade...seems like they are packing it in....they trade their two best dman for nothing...some bandades...keep them just ok until SK sells team...

Smiths Falls need dman...not another forward....am i the only one that sees a team with under sized dman who have a hard time defending against big teams....

Ottawa added some much needed size up front with grit.....

Nepean loaded up front...but Drouin not a great defender....thought they need some size back their..but he is goos offensivley...

Cornwall...quitley got very good with their trade with hawksbury....


LET THE GAMES BEGIN NOW.....going to be interesting now.....

hardfacts is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 11:54 AM
  #1070
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Comments......

PLK got worse today....militto cant play....Diaz just ok....as a fan i am disappointed with my teams trade...seems like they are packing it in....they trade their two best dman for nothing...some bandades...keep them just ok until SK sells team...

Smiths Falls need dman...not another forward....am i the only one that sees a team with under sized dman who have a hard time defending against big teams....

Ottawa added some much needed size up front with grit.....

Nepean loaded up front...but Drouin not a great defender....thought they need some size back their..but he is goos offensivley...

Cornwall...quitley got very good with their trade with hawksbury....


LET THE GAMES BEGIN NOW.....going to be interesting now.....
I think Diaz and Milito will prove you wrong. Both of the D they traded have been outplayed by Harper and Harper and Milito have played well together previously in AAA.

We shall see.

As it stands right now, Nepean have no D that are willing to pay the price physically (aside from Vered and Beauvais maybe). The rest are somewhat soft, although they are loaded upfront.

That being said, I still see SF-OTT in the league final. They deserve it.

gusfring is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:41 PM
  #1071
BadgerKnight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Ouimet goes west

SJHL La Ronge acquires Carl-Oierre Ouimet from Gloucester for futures.

BadgerKnight is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:38 PM
  #1072
Tarzan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Comments......

PLK got worse today....militto cant play....Diaz just ok....as a fan i am disappointed with my teams trade...seems like they are packing it in....they trade their two best dman for nothing...some bandades...keep them just ok until SK sells team...

Smiths Falls need dman...not another forward....am i the only one that sees a team with under sized dman who have a hard time defending against big teams....

Ottawa added some much needed size up front with grit.....

Nepean loaded up front...but Drouin not a great defender....thought they need some size back their..but he is goos offensivley...

Cornwall...quitley got very good with their trade with hawksbury....


LET THE GAMES BEGIN NOW.....going to be interesting now.....
I have said more than once on this blog that SF needs dmen. Scoring has never been an issue. From their trade back in December to now, they have mainly traded for forwards, save for Lussier. I don't know what Hugh Craig is thinking in SF but defence has been our weaknest from day 1. Achilles!!!!

Tarzan is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:41 PM
  #1073
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Rivers

Apparently Gunner Rivers is now a member of the Nepean Raiders.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:54 PM
  #1074
CoasttoCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Apparently Gunner Rivers is now a member of the Nepean Raiders.
Humm... I'm wondering how this would work for Nepean. I only see this working if Nepean gets a defensemen back, as well, they are down one after sending Diaz and Milito for Drouin, . My guess it's Mulder & a prospect to Gloucester for Rivers and the big 20 yr. old, Byslik(spelling).
Just a guess.

CoasttoCoast is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 03:01 PM
  #1075
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
Humm... I'm wondering how this would work for Nepean. I only see this working if Nepean gets a defensemen back, as well, they are down one after sending Diaz and Milito for Drouin, . My guess it's Mulder & a prospect to Gloucester for Rivers and the big 20 yr. old, Byslik(spelling).
Just a guess.
Baslyk simply isn't very good. Diaz and Milito are both better than he is. Not a good skater at all and susceptible on big ice.


Last edited by gusfring: 01-11-2013 at 04:04 PM.
gusfring is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.