HFB Partner

vCash: 500
It doesn't help that Dubeau is small.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:22 AM
theq

What kind of line where looking at with the coming fo Danault twins become the 2nd line ?

Jaskin-Danault- Barbasev
Veilleux-Saulinier-Saulinier
Lalonde-Deruelle-Garland
Johnston-Penny-Tremaine

Racine-Narbonne
Emond-Melindy
Sweeny-Wood

Dubeau
Holowenko

something like that

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:06 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Dubeau
Holowenko

Narbonne Racine
Emond Melindy
Sweeney Wood

Jaskin Danault Barbashev
Veilleux Saulnier Saulnier
Lalonde Penny Tremaine
Johnston Johnson Garland
Haas Batt

* Rumour has it that Deruelle has been placed on waivers, sure he was playing second line but there's is no longer room for him in the top 6 and he dosn't fit Flynn's criteria of a bottom 6 guy and I tend to agree.

* I still think Flynn has one more trick up his sleeve. I suspect we'll add a FA or an American kid (Florentino) has decided to report. The Roussy trade puzzles me since we didn't trade for another D. Plus Flynn was quoted in today's T&T saying "Danault is one step into being a real contender" , hence there's more to come.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:34 PM
theq

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Dubeau
Holowenko

Narbonne Racine
Emond Melindy
Sweeney Wood

Jaskin Danault Barbashev
Veilleux Saulnier Saulnier
Lalonde Penny Tremaine
Johnston Johnson Garland
Haas Batt

* Rumour has it that Deruelle has been placed on waivers, sure he was playing second line but there's is no longer room for him in the top 6 and he dosn't fit Flynn's criteria of a bottom 6 guy and I tend to agree.

* I still think Flynn has one more trick up his sleeve. I suspect we'll add a FA or an American kid (Florentino) has decided to report. The Roussy trade puzzles me since we didn't trade for another D. Plus Flynn was quoted in today's T&T saying "Danault is one step into being a real contender" , hence there's more to come.

I have also heard that he looking into the states for something !

Old
01-09-2013, 03:58 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by theq View Post
I have also heard that he looking into the states for something !
It would be great if we could sign a big name free agent like SJ did last season with Coyle expect it be a dman.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:59 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Rumour has it that Moncton has waived Mitch Deruelle. He lost his spot on the second line and dosn't really fit the description of a Flynn type bottom 6 foward. I'd rather keep him for depth in case of a top 6 injury and send a guy like Johnson or Batt to Jr.A and use them as affiliate players if needed.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:57 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I'm not sure Moncton can win it.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:51 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I'm not sure Moncton can win it.
No one can but they can beat anyone when they're on. The addition of Danault and the return of Jaskin will give them a much needed boost of momentum. Moncton is definitely not the favorite going into the playoffs, but I'm sure the tops teams are nervous to meet them in a round.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:03 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
No one can but they can beat anyone when they're on. The addition of Danault and the return of Jaskin will give them a much needed boost of momentum. Moncton is definitely not the favorite going into the playoffs, but I'm sure the tops teams are nervous to meet them in a round.
i dont think Halifax are nervous

halifax would have home ice advantage, they are 3 scoring lines deep, moncton is 2 lines deep. 5 on 5 the saulniers are not exactly a wrecking crew
Unless Dubeau plays lights out, they would stand no chance against halifax.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:36 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i dont think Halifax are nervous

halifax would have home ice advantage, they are 3 scoring lines deep, moncton is 2 lines deep. 5 on 5 the saulniers are not exactly a wrecking crew
Unless Dubeau plays lights out, they would stand no chance against halifax.
We did stun them 3-0 and that was with MacKinnon/Drouin in the line up. With the addition of Danault , I'm not saying we'll beat them but doubt it would be a sweep for Hali.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:49 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
We did stun them 3-0 and that was with MacKinnon/Drouin in the line up. With the addition of Danault , I'm not saying we'll beat them but doubt it would be a sweep for Hali.
i know! the problem is not beating them once....it's beating them 4 times.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:58 PM
chsb

Quote:
I don't think teams like Halifax/BC/BLB are afraid to face Moncton in a series....

Moncton is one injury away to Jaskin or Danault to be a 0.450 like they were this Christmas after Jaskin's departure....Their depth is very suspect, their goaltending is shaky and their defense can be beaten by any speedy forecheck.

Yes your team has some very nice weapons, but they do not stand against any of these three.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:08 PM
theq

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
I don't think teams like Halifax/BC/BLB are afraid to face Moncton in a series....

Moncton is one injury away to Jaskin or Danault to be a 0.450 like they were this Christmas after Jaskin's departure....Their depth is very suspect, their goaltending is shaky and their defense can be beaten by any speedy forecheck.

Yes your team has some very nice weapons, but they do not stand against any of these three.

I don't think they are more a scared playing BC or BLB

2-1 vs blb and 2-0 vs BC

Old
01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
theq

and i don't think Narbonne or racine are scared to play any top line

if you didn't see the final the played the entery game with 4 def 4 period

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZkbYB4yVkE

any moncton type of team build for the playoff

Old
01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

If you think Baie Comeau and Blainville aren't a bit worried about the Wildcats , your jealousy of the Moncton is clearly getting the best of you. Moncton is 2-0 against BC and 2-1 against Blainville. Add Danault to the mix as well. How can you rationalize saying that ? As far as depth goes , we just waived Deruelle who was on pace for 40 points before his injury. A 4th line of Johnston , Garland , Johnson/Batt/Haas show that depth is not an issue. When discussing depth problems , maybe you should take a look in your own backyard

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 01-10-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old
01-10-2013, 02:35 PM
chsb

Quote:
If you think Baie Comeau and Blainville aren't a bit worried about the Wildcats , your jealousy of the Moncton is clearly getting the best of you. Moncton is 2-0 against BC and 2-1 against Blainville. Add Danault to the mix as well. How can you rationalize saying that ?
Following that rationale, the Wildcats should be scared of the Titan as we are 2-2 in our faceoffs...

No jealousy here......

A 4 best of 7 series brings the best or the worst out of teams.

Moncton have a big team with good defensemen, but a speedy forecheck will beat your team reggularly.

And your goaltending is inconsistent compared to Marcoux in BLB.

Goaltending will win playoffs....

Old
01-10-2013, 02:42 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Following that rationale, the Wildcats should be scared of the Titan as we are 2-2 in our faceoffs...

No jealousy here......

A 4 best of 7 series brings the best or the worst out of teams.

Moncton have a big team with good defensemen, but a speedy forecheck will beat your team reggularly.

And your goaltending is inconsistent compared to Marcoux in BLB.

Goaltending will win playoffs....
Most of this seems strange considering we beat BLB 2 out of 3 times and BC 2 for 2 times. BC and BLB surely fit the bill as teams with good defencemen and a speedy forecheck , 4 out of 5 wins combined

I agree that our goaltending hasn't been consistent. Dubeau however is not a bad goaltender and has outplayed Brennan at times this season. Danault, being arguably the best two-way forward in the league, will surely help the defence and goaltending. Alot of people are guilty of under estimating how big the acquisition truely is. Almost every team's goaltending is inconsistent compared to Marcoux in BLB.

Depth problems ? We just waived Deruelle who was on pace for 40 points before his injury. We have a 4th line of Johnston, Garland , Johnson/Batt. When discussing depth issues, mayeb you should take a look into your own backyard

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 01-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old
01-10-2013, 03:40 PM
chsb

Quote:
Most of this seems strange considering we beat BLB 2 out of 3 times and BC 2 for 2 times. BC and BLB surely fit the bill as teams with good defencemen and a speedy forecheck , 4 out of 5 wins combined

I agree that our goaltending hasn't been consistent. Dubeau however is not a bad goaltender and has outplayed Brennan at times this season. Danault, being arguably the best two-way forward in the league, will surely help the defence and goaltending. Alot of people are guilty of under estimating how big the acquisition truely is. Almost every team's goaltending is inconsistent compared to Marcoux in BLB.

Depth problems ? We just waived Deruelle who was on pace for 40 points before his injury. We have a 4th line of Johnston, Garland , Johnson/Batt. When discussing depth issues, mayeb you should take a look into your own backyard
I don't think the Titan have depth problems up front.

In any case I am really looking forward to watch how the rest of the season will pan out.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:54 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Well Bathurst made a big statement last night, Monncton should be very scared..

Old
01-10-2013, 08:17 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Well Bathurst made a big statement last night, Monncton should be very scared..
Ya really. I'm sure , unlike Moncton, teams are crossing their fingers TO play Bathurst

Old
01-10-2013, 10:50 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
I don't think the Titan have depth problems up front.

In any case I am really looking forward to watch how the rest of the season will pan out.
No they don't, they're actually quite strong there

Bissonnette - Beaudry - O'Brien
Zdrahal - Lalancette - Brouillard
Lafopntaine - Stevens - Zboril

That's a good group .... BUT .... the problem is your D. If I can wade through the red X's I can see your D now is.....

Godin, Girard, Houle, Goesslin, Delorme, Gingras and Dumontier...

That's not good. Your defensive group is up there with Sherbrooke, Cape and Shawi in terms of shots against and GA.... We all know what the problem is... Brennan has played pretty good except for a weak November and December...

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:22 PM
RJQuack

Quote:

Having the argument of who's scred of who now is stupid. Every coach in the top half will have their teams ready, and I know we're not implying this, but no team will have the "scared" mentality, as regular season results will be thrown out the window.

Does Danault have enough offensive power to make me more nervous though? I know it's a big addition but I think the price was way too high for someone with his stats.. Obviously it's still good, and his other game is great, but doesn't fill the other needs they had.... Every team has holes, that can't be changed, but Moncton could use another D as Melindy hasn't been himself this year and goaltending is bigger problem too. Dubeau is too inconsistent.... Do you feel 100% with him going all the way?

How bout the supposed "clique" in the dressing room? No chemistry, 4 players who have formed their own group... Could be nothing, but it's been brought up before...

What does mentioning Deruelle do to help Moncton's depth? He had 4 goals and was clearly not good enough to be a regular Q player or he would be with you or on another team... the best team on paper doesn't always win, but those players you mention are not on the level of Halifax or BLB who have the best bottom 6 players in the league.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:02 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
No they don't, they're actually quite strong there

Bissonnette - Beaudry - O'Brien
Zdrahal - Lalancette - Brouillard
Lafopntaine - Stevens - Zboril

That's a good group .... BUT .... the problem is your D. If I can wade through the red X's I can see your D now is.....

Godin, Girard, Houle, Goesslin, Delorme, Gingras and Dumontier...

That's not good. Your defensive group is up there with Sherbrooke, Cape and Shawi in terms of shots against and GA.... We all know what the problem is... Brennan has played pretty good except for a weak November and December...
In the last 12 games under Dupont, the Titan havebefore the game against Halifax Wednesday)

GAA of 3.50
GPG of 4.42
Shots on goal against: 34.25-------------too much.

I agree with you on the shots against where the Titan really need to work at it.
However the GAA has come down drastically and the offense really stepped up.
Giving Dupont another two weeks to make a team of all that group of players will be ncessary before judging too fast that D.
Giving him also another two weeks of practicing strategies over and above basic plays will also be necessary before judging the transition game and offense.

So far the improvement has been close to 1 PPG increase and close to 1.00 GAA decrease in spite of all the players movement and the little adjustment time.

By season end, your assessment of our D will have to be reviewed accordingly I am pretty sure.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:03 AM
chsb

Quote:
Having the argument of who's scred of who now is stupid. Every coach in the top half will have their teams ready, and I know we're not implying this, but no team will have the "scared" mentality, as regular season results will be thrown out the window.

Does Danault have enough offensive power to make me more nervous though? I know it's a big addition but I think the price was way too high for someone with his stats.. Obviously it's still good, and his other game is great, but doesn't fill the other needs they had.... Every team has holes, that can't be changed, but Moncton could use another D as Melindy hasn't been himself this year and goaltending is bigger problem too. Dubeau is too inconsistent.... Do you feel 100% with him going all the way?

How bout the supposed "clique" in the dressing room? No chemistry, 4 players who have formed their own group... Could be nothing, but it's been brought up before...

What does mentioning Deruelle do to help Moncton's depth? He had 4 goals and was clearly not good enough to be a regular Q player or he would be with you or on another team... the best team on paper doesn't always win, but those players you mention are not on the level of Halifax or BLB who have the best bottom 6 players in the league.
I think you're right in the ball park the way you describe this team and it is much too early to label them as contenders even with Danault's addition.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:46 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Instead of scared , I should have worded it what team would they rather play. If you're Hali, Quebec, BLB or BC , would you rather face Moncton or Bathurst in a playoff round.

Danault is a world class player and one of the best in the league. He's a huge addition and will have an immediate impact on the team. Other than helping out offensively , he'll help the tea, defensively since he's arguably the best two-way forward in the league. As I mentioned above I don't feel good about going into the playoffs with an inconsistent goalie like Dubeau but he does have 26 game left to work on that. He is not a bad goaltender and shows spectacular flashes when the pressures on. at times. The biggest question into the Wildcats' playoff success does fall on his shoulders imo. At times this season he has outplayed the best of them. He's either really on or really off.

Mentioning Deruelle has to do with the fact that chsb says Moncton lacks depth up front. When a team waives a player that was on pace for 40 points before his injury a couple of weeks ago shows we have the depth. We have a 4th line of Johnston , Garland , Johnson/Batt. Would you say Moncton lacks depth ?

Veilleux - Saulnier - Saulnier
Jaskin - Danault - Barbashev
Tremaine - Penny - Lalonde
Johnston - Johnson - Garland
Haas/Batt

Do you think BLB, BC , Rouyn would rather play Moncton or Bathurst ? Moncton beat BLB 2/3 , BC 2/2 and Rouyn 2/3...