HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bring one of Iginla, Perry, Ryan to Pittsburgh

Old
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
I would do it. Would rather trade Dumo than 1st rounder this year's draft. I would do Despres + 1st though, if that's the asking price.
Id probably be ok with either, leaning toward the pick as we would have the opportunity to package it with another player, maybe get 2 top 10 picks.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:30 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Id probably be ok with either, leaning toward the pick as we would have the opportunity to package it with another player, maybe get 2 top 10 picks.
Pretty clear, then, that the Pens have the assets to get Iginla IF Feaster would like to move him/Iginla asks to go to a contender because the Flames are out of the hunt.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:34 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Pretty clear, then, that the Pens have the assets to get Iginla IF Feaster would like to move him/Iginla asks to go to a contender because the Flames are out of the hunt.
Well granted, it depends if it turns into a bidding war. Hard to say with a player like Iggy.

Yes though, I think Pitt, if they really wanted Iggy could probably acquire him. I think it could end up as a package where we add in an affordable player (not sure what Pitt needs). To try and land a bigger package and appease the fan base.

I think whatever trade happens will have many pieces to it.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:37 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Well granted, it depends if it turns into a bidding war. Hard to say with a player like Iggy.

Yes though, I think Pitt, if they really wanted Iggy could probably acquire him. I think it could end up as a package where we add in an affordable player (not sure what Pitt needs). To try and land a bigger package and appease the fan base.

I think whatever trade happens will have many pieces to it.
Question: IF you move Iggy, then is it a rebuild?

Here's why I ask: You've got J-Bo, Kipper, and Cammallerri under contract through 2013-2014. A few days ago, I wondered what each would be worth on the trade market IF your owner said 'I'll eat 50% of the cap/payroll hit'. IMO, if you moved Iggy and then moved those three guys at half cap hits, you'd accelerate the rebuild by a year or two and be a really exciting team in 2014-2015.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Question: IF you move Iggy, then is it a rebuild?

Here's why I ask: You've got J-Bo, Kipper, and Cammallerri under contract through 2013-2014. A few days ago, I wondered what each would be worth on the trade market IF your owner said 'I'll eat 50% of the cap/payroll hit'. IMO, if you moved Iggy and then moved those three guys at half cap hits, you'd accelerate the rebuild by a year or two and be a really exciting team in 2014-2015.
Well in my opinion, yes if we rebuild you go the whole 9 yards. Kipper, Cammy, Tangs, Hudler maybe Jbouw if we can all out the door for picks/prospects.

Can't say what Feaster will actually do though. Thats actually a really great idea, maybe we will see something like that happen with splitting the Cap hit.

We already have Bart, so IMO a couple of Top 10 picks, this year, 1st overall next year or year after (McDavid ) and we are pretty close to done. We also have "wild cards" like Gaudreau and Jankowski which, if they pan out should be Top-6 forwards. Brodie, Seiloff and Wotherspoon should be able to fill out our 3-6 slots on the backend.

I agree, a Flames rebuild if done correctly could more or less be done in 3 years.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
mpp9

Niskanen+Despres+TK+1st/Pouliot for Giordano+Iggy

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Niskanen+Despres+TK+1st/Pouliot for Giordano+Iggy
Next.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:26 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Well in my opinion, yes if we rebuild you go the whole 9 yards. Kipper, Cammy, Tangs, Hudler maybe Jbouw if we can all out the door for picks/prospects.

Can't say what Feaster will actually do though. Thats actually a really great idea, maybe we will see something like that happen with splitting the Cap hit.

We already have Bart, so IMO a couple of Top 10 picks, this year, 1st overall next year or year after (McDavid ) and we are pretty close to done. We also have "wild cards" like Gaudreau and Jankowski which, if they pan out should be Top-6 forwards. Brodie, Seiloff and Wotherspoon should be able to fill out our 3-6 slots on the backend.

I agree, a Flames rebuild if done correctly could more or less be done in 3 years.
Perhaps less, IMO.

Iggy would yield a huge return.

If you said 'I'll put out J-Bo for the rest of this year and then next year, with a 64.3M cap, he'll cost you 3.3M a year', then I think you get a lot.

Cammallerri done the same way, with a 3M hit, is another one.

BUT, Kipper at 2.925M would be huge too, especially to a cup contender that needed a goalie but didn't have a ton of space.

IMHO, J-Bo and Kipper at half hits yield returns in the ballpark for what you'd get for Jiggy, and Cammy wouldn't be too bad either.

As I said, I think you'd have a fun and youthfully competitive team in 2013-2014 if you moved those three at half hits after Jiggy, then I think it could be as short as one tough season.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:28 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Next.
What would you want for Iggy + Cammy (at a split cap hit) + Sarich (at a split cap hit)?

Old
01-11-2013, 01:37 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Perhaps less, IMO.

Iggy would yield a huge return.

If you said 'I'll put out J-Bo for the rest of this year and then next year, with a 64.3M cap, he'll cost you 3.3M a year', then I think you get a lot.

Cammallerri done the same way, with a 3M hit, is another one.

BUT, Kipper at 2.925M would be huge too, especially to a cup contender that needed a goalie but didn't have a ton of space.

IMHO, J-Bo and Kipper at half hits yield returns in the ballpark for what you'd get for Jiggy, and Cammy wouldn't be too bad either.

As I said, I think you'd have a fun and youthfully competitive team in 2013-2014 if you moved those three at half hits after Jiggy, then I think it could be as short as one tough season.
Can't trade Kipper though. Elite goalies get traded when a team has two great goalies (Halak, Luongo, Bernier...). If Calgary trades Kipper it could be like the Maple Leafs and be a decade until the problems in net are fixed. The risk is way too high.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Can't trade Kipper though. Elite goalies get traded when a team has two great goalies (Halak, Luongo, Bernier...). If Calgary trades Kipper it could be like the Maple Leafs and be a decade until the problems in net are fixed. The risk is way too high.
True . . . I didn't realize that he was planning to play much, if at all, beyond his current deal that expires at the end of next year.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Would probably be fair to the league if the Penguins got none of those guys.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:54 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
What would you want for Iggy + Cammy (at a split cap hit) + Sarich (at a split cap hit)?
Despres + Morrow + Bennett + 1st?

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
A little rich, but I do appreciate the answer.

Side note: Since most here on both sides think Iggy = Despres +1st, you're saying Cammy + Sarich at half cap hits = Bennett + Morrow.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:40 PM
var

Another one of the pushes for a Calgary rebuild is how strong the Northwest Division is becoming. Minnesota is clearly stronger with the two new additions and Col + Edm are very young teams and getting stronger every year.

var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:55 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
A little rich, but I do appreciate the answer.

Side note: Since most here on both sides think Iggy = Despres +1st, you're saying Cammy + Sarich at half cap hits = Bennett + Morrow.
We can only have half the cap of 3 players so we would be limiting future trades and Cammy at half is worth Bennet+.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
GOOD LORD...

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:34 PM
SEALBound

Quote:
Pretty bad. You forgot Letang, Malkin, and Crosby.

Calgary might have to add a 7th though...

Cammy+3rd for TK+Tangradi+Despres

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:38 PM
CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

Despres + 1st seems fair for Iginla.

CraigAdamsnumber1fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

I might be the only Pens fan to be more hesitant to move Dumoulin than Despres.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:46 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan6866 View Post
Despres + 1st seems fair for Iginla.
Agreed.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote