HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 01:19 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Looking at the Leafs' roster for Luongo trade ideas is like shopping at Toys R Us on Christmas Eve.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 500
What thread are we on?, like 26 or so?

Old
01-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Inverted
RIP Hughesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
so you're saying that Toronto would be better with Kadri than it would with Luongo?
Kadri not so much, but I have a feeling its going to be one of those trades which could come back and bite the Leafs later down the road. I would give him a full season at the pro level before thinking of trading him. But players/picks like Gardiner, Reilly, 1st are more valuable if you are building a team for the future.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:23 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
We're not counting them anymore because people would spam them just to get to the next number. It's way more than that though.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:23 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

I could see why you would be reluctant to give up Kadri if you believe he will be a 60 point player, I just don't see it happening though

Old
01-11-2013, 02:24 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest
I'm beginning to see the problem here.......
As if it's wrong to assume that Nazem Kadri is going to continue to improve, as he has been doing since he started playing professional hockey.

Old
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Can anyone link or summarize the Philly 3 way trade Mirtle reported or was that bogus?

Old
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Hell no....the Bond theme ones went that far, then there was beatles titles...then just the plain old titles....then the ones the mods shut down early...i think we are at 134 in total!!

Old
01-11-2013, 02:25 PM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Kadri not so much, but I have a feeling its going to be one of those trades which could come back and bite the Leafs later down the road. I would give him a full season at the pro level before thinking of trading him. But players/picks like Gardiner, Reilly, 1st are more valuable if you are building a team for the future.
I agree with you and think there is a deal to be had without Gardiner or Reilly, or the first (unless it became conditional on playoffs or something).

I truely believe that Toronto will win this trade, but if we can fill some holes and get a decent prospect out of it I'm happy

Old
01-11-2013, 02:26 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
26? They did a james bond theme throughout the summer, and there are 24 bond films.

I'm guessing this is closer to about 120.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
26? They did a james bond theme throughout the summer, and there are 24 bond films.

I'm guessing this is closer to about 120.
god damn

Old
01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
As if it's wrong to assume that Nazem Kadri is going to continue to improve, as he has been doing since he started playing professional hockey.
He could but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Before he becomes a 60 point player he needs to show up in shape and show that he can play at the NHL level on a regular basis. Everybody overvalues their prospects but right now I think most GM's would see a pretty big risk in Kadri ever becoming a perennial 60 point player. So far, if you ignore his draft position he's just another prospect with some risks and some upside.
You guys go on about the risks with Luongo who has been a top goalie for some time now but act like Kadri is a sure thing. Only on HFF.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I could see why you would be reluctant to give up Kadri if you believe he will be a 60 point player, I just don't see it happening though
It's sad that the prospect of being a 60 point player makes someone almost untouchable in today's NHL. I miss 80s hockey.

The only solution...outlaw the butterfly! Brodeur will be the only goalie left able to play standup. It'll be hilariously awesome to see how the other goalies do. "Describe this to me again. You say it's called a...kick save?"

Old
01-11-2013, 02:31 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
He could but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Before he becomes a 60 point player he needs to show up in shape and show that he can play at the NHL level on a regular basis. Everybody overvalues their prospects but right now I think most GM's would see a pretty big risk in Kadri ever becoming a perennial 60 point player. So far, if you ignore his draft position he's just another prospect with some risks and some upside.
The Maple Leafs need more prospects like Nazem Kadri and will certainly pay for it if they trade him away for an aging vet like Roberto Luongo.

In the context of the current situation in Toronto, Nazem Kadri is worth a lot to the Maple Leafs.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:33 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
It's sad that the prospect of being a 60 point player makes someone almost untouchable in today's NHL. I miss 80s hockey.

The only solution...outlaw the butterfly! Brodeur will be the only goalie left able to play standup. It'll be hilariously awesome to see how the other goalies do. "What's a...kick save?"
In today's NHL where good offensive players are incredibly hard to acquire, holding on to the draft picks that have the potential to grow in to what you're looking for is essential.

If Nazem Kadri could turn in to a stop-gap, but adequate, first line centre for the Maple Leafs in the mold of a Derek Roy I'd be quite satisfied.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Fogelhund

John Garrett - Canucks Analyst on Sportsnet

Canucks going away from Luongo, due to playoffs performance. 17 goals in 3 games against Boston, in Boston. Mentally doesn't have it in playoffs. Great regular season, 100 points in 6 of 7 seasons. Vancouver needs to succeed in playoffs, Toronto just needs to get there at this point.

Concern about distraction off the ice. Constant questions to players about it.

Price point - unfair to keep Luongo as backup, hope that he makes a deal. Bozak, Kadri and second pick, more than fair as a deal.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:35 PM
LPH

Quote:
The Maple Leafs need more prospects like Nazem Kadri and will certainly pay for it if they trade him away for an aging vet like Roberto Luongo.

In the context of the current situation in Toronto, Nazem Kadri is worth a lot to the Maple Leafs.
If you truely believe that Kadri will be more impactfull (even long term) than 5 season of Luongo then then we differ too much to make a deal. Taking Kadri-level players off the table means that Luongo can't be had imo

Old
01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Nash

Quote:
In 4 or 5 years, when Roberto is 38-39 and struggling to maintain his level of play and Nazem Kadri is putting up sixty point seasons, yes, Toronto would be better long term with Nazem Kadri.
If Kadri makes the next step. He is as questionable a prospect as Kassian right now.

Also, in 5 years no one can predict what your roster will be. Here is your roster from 5 years ago... http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000382008.html

There are zero players remaining from then. Stajan, Wellwood and White were all supposed to become stars and Tlusty, Kulemon, Rask, Pogge and Earl were the future.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

Price point - unfair to keep Luongo as backup, hope that he makes a deal. Bozak, Kadri and second pick, more than fair as a deal.
that is a fair deal imo

Old
01-11-2013, 02:37 PM
doorman

Quote:

Canucks going away from Luongo, due to playoffs performance. 17 goals in 3 games against Boston, in Boston. Mentally doesn't have it in playoffs. Great regular season, 100 points in 6 of 7 seasons. Vancouver needs to succeed in playoffs, Toronto just needs to get there at this point.

LOL, and I was laughed at a thread ago for suggesting Nonis should add to it from my view point.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:37 PM
vanwest

Quote:

I think he's a pretty expendible piece and certainly more of a throw in for any deal involving one of the league's top golaies like Luongo.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:39 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Stajan, Wellwood and White were all supposed to become stars.

Oh please, quit it with the hyperbole.

Old
LPH

Quote:
In today's NHL where good offensive players are incredibly hard to acquire, holding on to the draft picks that have the potential to grow in to what you're looking for is essential.

If Nazem Kadri could turn in to a stop-gap, but adequate, first line centre for the Maple Leafs in the mold of a Derek Roy I'd be quite satisfied.
I would be happy if Tanev turned into Hamhuis and Kassian turned into Lucic as well

Old
arsmaster

Quote:

There's a reason why Cheech is a colour commentator and not working for a team.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
I would be happy if Tanev turned into Hamhuis and Kassian turned into Lucic as well
You'll never know if they could reach their potential while playing for your team if you trade them away for aging veterans, right?

Closed Thread