HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie will play for Canada

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 12:29 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Comrie will play for Canada

If he isn't traded by the roster freeze of December 19th, Comrie said he will play for Canada at the Spengler Cup.

He apparantly didn't want to agree to it earlier because he was sure a trade was coming shortly.

I will give Comrie this... he has never hesitated to put the flag on providing it didn't interfere with his NHL career, which is a lot more than you can say for most guys.

Who knows, maybe he'll go lights out over there and it will peak some interest from other teams.

Old
12-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
That's good news. Like him or not, it'll definitely help Canada's chances. I had a feeling he would go, because he has no reason not to.

Old
12-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Slats432

I wouldn't mind seeing a few cooler heads around here.

I for one, have moved closer to center on the whole mess with a little more forgiveness to the Lowe move.

But there is a lot of nastiness. It would be nice if things mellowed a bit. Comrie is not the anti-christ. Just a kid that doesn't want to play hockey in his hometown anymore.

Old
12-11-2003, 01:35 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Comrie is not the anti-christ. Just a kid that doesn't want to play hockey in his hometown anymore.

..... now that it doesn't serve his purposes anymore but after agreeing to do so and being huge bucks to do so.

It is important to finish sentences.

Old
12-11-2003, 01:37 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
..... now that it doesn't serve his purposes anymore but after agreeing to do so and being huge bucks to do so.

It is important to finish sentences.
Can we attempt to leave the trashing of Comrie out of this thread, there are about 30 of those on the go right now.

Old
12-11-2003, 02:11 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
That's good news. Like him or not, it'll definitely help Canada's chances. I had a feeling he would go, because he has no reason not to.
Agreed. He's a very good player and hopefully this will help him get in to game shape & help Canada take home the gold.

Its too bad we couldn't get him to join our team... as I'd certainly be willing to forgive and forget - as I'm sure a lot of other fans would. But like slats432 says... it would just be nice to see things cool down a bit and get the focus back on hockey.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
Agreed. He's a very good player and hopefully this will help him get in to game shape & help Canada take home the gold.

Its too bad we couldn't get him to join our team... as I'd certainly be willing to forgive and forget - as I'm sure a lot of other fans would. But like slats432 says... it would just be nice to see things cool down a bit and get the focus back on hockey.

Nope! There is no way onj gods green earth i want that little puke back on my team.

Old
12-11-2003, 09:41 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
If he isn't traded by the roster freeze of December 19th, Comrie said he will play for Canada at the Spengler Cup.
Awesome. Good for Comrie and good for Canada.

Old
12-12-2003, 06:30 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Can we attempt to leave the trashing of Comrie out of this thread, there are about 30 of those on the go right now.
This is not trashing Comrie - this is stating the facts. And it is important to state the facts. Comrie is not some innocent in all of this. He deliberately set out to put his interests above the teams without reference to what the team has done for him. If I wanted to trash him I would point out that that makes him a spoiled and selfish brat with no loyalty and no sense of honour. Not the anti-christ - just a selfish little brat with no thoughts for his team mates. As I said before - it is important to finish sentences and lets not start 'rehabilitating' MCI before he even realises what he has done let alone apologises for his actions.

Old
12-12-2003, 06:36 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
This is not trashing Comrie - this is stating the facts. And it is important to state the facts. Comrie is not some innocent in all of this. He deliberately set out to put his interests above the teams without reference to what the team has done for him. If I wanted to trash him I would point out that that makes him a spoiled and selfish brat with no loyalty and no sense of honour. Not the anti-christ - just a selfish little brat with no thoughts for his team mates. As I said before - it is important to finish sentences and lets not start 'rehabilitating' MCI before he even realises what he has done let alone apologises for his actions.
This thread has nothing to do with him and the Oilers, it has to do with him representing Canada.

Can we stick to talking about that here, because like I mentioned earlier, there are already 30 threads pointing out how spoiled he is and what a bad person he is.

Closed Thread