HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2013, 01:41 PM
  #26
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,654
vCash: 500
The most important asset that Vancouver can get from Toronto is a first round pick and I would hope that is where they start. Add from there. The prospect pool is pretty barren and at a minimum we can use that pick to trade for a player we need later in the year.

If the fit between the teams is bad, you must use picks to start.

ginner classic is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:41 PM
  #27
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
In today's NHL where good offensive players are incredibly hard to acquire, holding on to the draft picks that have the potential to grow in to what you're looking for is essential.

If Nazem Kadri could turn in to a stop-gap, but adequate, first line centre for the Maple Leafs in the mold of a Derek Roy I'd be quite satisfied.
No frickin kidding!
If Kadri turns into Derek Roy you guys hit the jackpot!
Only on HFF boards would a pick at Kadri's level be considered to be doing 'ok' if he hits Roy's level. You need to research and see how number 7 picks traditionally have panned out. Roy would be a homerun!

vanwest is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:41 PM
  #28
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,529
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
John Garrett - Canucks Analyst on Sportsnet

Canucks going away from Luongo, due to playoffs performance. 17 goals in 3 games against Boston, in Boston. Mentally doesn't have it in playoffs. Great regular season, 100 points in 6 of 7 seasons. Vancouver needs to succeed in playoffs, Toronto just needs to get there at this point.

Concern about distraction off the ice. Constant questions to players about it.

Price point - unfair to keep Luongo as backup, hope that he makes a deal. Bozak, Kadri and second pick, more than fair as a deal.
I love ya Garret but don't quit your day job.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
  #29
Todds Chiropractory
Registered User
 
Todds Chiropractory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 50
Listening to Kadri interviews this season it is seems clear to me that this kid has very little confidence. Don't want to touch him with a 20 foot pole, any player no matter how skilled they are if they aren't confident they can't make it in this league. Things will go wrong but you must have the mental strength to overcome the challenges thrown at you. Admitted it is limited what I can really learn from him based off interviews and hearsay, but from what I can see of Kadri he doesn't show any signs of being a mentally strong young man, and I don't want to be forced to put my faith in him as a member of the Canucks.

Todds Chiropractory is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
  #30
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 38,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
You'll never know if they could reach their potential while playing for your team if you trade them away for aging veterans, right?
I'm just saying that you can't take a prospects max potential as his value. Kadri could also be a 3rd line tweener for the rest of his career as well

LPH is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
  #31
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
If Kadri makes the next step. He is as questionable a prospect as Kassian right now.

Also, in 5 years no one can predict what your roster will be. Here is your roster from 5 years ago... http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000382008.html

There are zero players remaining from then. Stajan, Wellwood and White were all supposed to become stars and Tlusty, Kulemon, Rask, Pogge and Earl were the future.
Wrong.

Kadri couldn't play on a teams 4th line EVER, if Kassian fails to reach his upside as a top 6 power winger, he'd easily be a 4th liner.

Kadri is 100 times riskier. Boom/bust potential, been saying it since 2008 when he played for the Rangers in the Memorial cup.

arsmaster is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:43 PM
  #32
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I would be happy if Tanev turned into Hamhuis and Kassian turned into Lucic as well
Yes. That would be acceptable.

vanwest is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:44 PM
  #33
Nash
Registered User
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
It's sad that the prospect of being a 60 point player makes someone almost untouchable in today's NHL. I miss 80s hockey.

The only solution...outlaw the butterfly! Brodeur will be the only goalie left able to play standup. It'll be hilariously awesome to see how the other goalies do. "Describe this to me again. You say it's called a...kick save?"
With only 58 players scoring 60 or more points last year, when you project someone to hit 60, you are saying that he will be one of your top two point producers. That's the current state of league scoring. I don't see Kadri hitting that any time soon...maybe in 4-5 years as Saurus implies, but that's still iffy.

Nash is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:44 PM
  #34
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,529
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
What thread are we on?, like 26 or so?
We got up to around thirty-five before there was a few weeks lull - staff reasons. I'd estimate now we're pushing close to seventy, if you count all the locked Luongo threads and whatnot. Put it this way, Luongo will go down as the most talked about player in HF history.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:45 PM
  #35
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Kadri is isn't going to do ANYTHING because he is now a winger and is blocked by kessel lupul JVR macarthur frattin and kuliemin in toronto. As well as Sedin Burrows booth raymond and higgins in vancouver how will he do anything when he can't get the icetime?

IF Bozak Kadri and a 2nd is true you make that deal.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:45 PM
  #36
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Wrong.

Kadri couldn't play on a teams 4th line EVER, if Kassian fails to reach his upside as a top 6 power winger, he'd easily be a 4th liner.

Kadri is 100 times riskier. Boom/bust potential, been saying it since 2008 when he played for the Rangers in the Memorial cup.
If he showed up to camp out of shape or if he makes the plays like he did in Toronto he'd be playing in the AHL as AV won't put up with that.

vanwest is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:46 PM
  #37
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
Listening to Kadri interviews this season it is seems clear to me that this kid has very little confidence. Don't want to touch him with a 20 foot pole, any player no matter how skilled they are if they aren't confident they can't make it in this league. Things will go wrong but you must have the mental strength to overcome the challenges thrown at you. Admitted it is limited what I can really learn from him based off interviews and hearsay, but from what I can see of Kadri he doesn't show any signs of being a mentally strong young man, and I don't want to be forced to put my faith in him as a member of the Canucks.
If you're judging value by listening to interviews, perhaps you should actually watch him play. His work on the ice this year screams confidence and the adjustments made to his game, with the help of Dallas Eakins, have been extraordinary. Nazem is more defensively aware / responsible than he has ever shown before.

He's certainly well on his way to becoming an NHL player and his skill set is exactly what the Leafs need.

The Saurus is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:46 PM
  #38
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 38,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Kadri is isn't going to do ANYTHING because he is now a winger and is blocked by kessel lupul JVR macarthur frattin and kuliemin in toronto. As well as Sedin Burrows booth raymond and higgins in vancouver how will he do anything when he can't get the icetime?

IF Bozak Kadri and a 2nd is true you make that deal.
Pretty sure I don't want Raymond in the top 6 at all

LPH is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:47 PM
  #39
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Kadri is isn't going to do ANYTHING because he is now a winger and is blocked by kessel lupul JVR macarthur frattin and kuliemin in toronto. As well as Sedin Burrows booth raymond and higgins in vancouver how will he do anything when he can't get the icetime?

IF Bozak Kadri and a 2nd is true you make that deal.
He has been getting much more time at center as his defensive game is improving.

The Saurus is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:48 PM
  #40
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
John Garrett - Canucks Analyst on Sportsnet

Canucks going away from Luongo, due to playoffs performance. 17 goals in 3 games against Boston, in Boston. Mentally doesn't have it in playoffs. Great regular season, 100 points in 6 of 7 seasons. Vancouver needs to succeed in playoffs, Toronto just needs to get there at this point.

Concern about distraction off the ice. Constant questions to players about it.

Price point - unfair to keep Luongo as backup, hope that he makes a deal. Bozak, Kadri and second pick, more than fair as a deal.
Or what John Garrett would call a good week for him in his playing days.


I called this happening. At least 90% of HF'ers think Garrett is crazy, the moment he says something that Leaf fans can use... well his opinion is just fine!

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:48 PM
  #41
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,529
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
Listening to Kadri interviews this season it is seems clear to me that this kid has very little confidence. Don't want to touch him with a 20 foot pole, any player no matter how skilled they are if they aren't confident they can't make it in this league. Things will go wrong but you must have the mental strength to overcome the challenges thrown at you. Admitted it is limited what I can really learn from him based off interviews and hearsay, but from what I can see of Kadri he doesn't show any signs of being a mentally strong young man, and I don't want to be forced to put my faith in him as a member of the Canucks.
He's frustrated, thus attributed to the loss of confidence. Wilson continuously buried him despite noteworthy upside being shown he could cut it at the NHL level. In fact, if I recall he was sent back to the minors solely for cap reasons. AV would certainly be hard on him but like Hodgson, Kadri would make the roster and you better believe that kid will do everything to prove he deserves to stay.

Say what you will about AV however he is an infinitely better coach than Wilson is, who was Kadri's biggest obstacle.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:49 PM
  #42
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Pretty sure I don't want Raymond in the top 6 at all
thats fine but top 6 or not he still blocks kadri. Kadri is talented but he doesn't have a spot

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
  #43
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 38,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
If you're judging value by listening to interviews, perhaps you should actually watch him play. His work on the ice this year screams confidence and the adjustments made to his game, with the help of Dallas Eakins, have been extraordinary. Nazem is more defensively aware / responsible than he has ever shown before.

He's certainly well on his way to becoming an NHL player and his skill set is exactly what the Leafs need.
I agree with the bolded, but I think, best case scenairo, he tops out as a skilled second liner which he would compete with Kuleman and JVR

LPH is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
  #44
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
If he showed up to camp out of shape or if he makes the plays like he did in Toronto he'd be playing in the AHL as AV won't put up with that.
Every time I've ever watched Kadri dating back to the year before his draft year, I saw Robbie Schrempf.

Skilled, amazing hands, poor skating, small, floater, lacks effort.

Good junior, not a good pro.

Way more Schrempf than Derek Roy, at least Roy was known as a two way player throughout his career. Kadri is a one way guy.

If Kadri ends up in Vancouver, Gillis is a bonehead.

arsmaster is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:51 PM
  #45
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
He's frustrated, thus attributed to the loss of confidence. Wilson continuously buried him despite noteworthy upside being shown he could cut it at the NHL level. In fact, if I recall he was sent back to the minors solely for cap reasons. AV would certainly be hard on him but like Hodgson, Kadri would make the roster and you better believe that kid will do everything to prove he deserves to stay.

Say what you will about AV however he is an infinitely better coach than Wilson is, who was Kadri's biggest obstacle.
I think Kadri could be fine offensively. But his defensive game needs lots of work. If he came I think that he starts out with the Wolves until he shows that he can play two way hockey.

vanwest is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:52 PM
  #46
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,529
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Kadri is isn't going to do ANYTHING because he is now a winger and is blocked by kessel lupul JVR macarthur frattin and kuliemin in toronto. As well as Sedin Burrows booth raymond and higgins in vancouver how will he do anything when he can't get the icetime?

IF Bozak Kadri and a 2nd is true you make that deal.
Aye, if that were the deal. It would have happened by now. The second is likely a point of contention. I suspect Gillis' end game is Kadri plus two of Kulemn/Bozak/Finn/Frattin/1st

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:53 PM
  #47
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
He has been getting much more time at center as his defensive game is improving.
ok even him they use him at center kesler is coming back bozak is roumored to be in the deal meaning once everyone is healthy kadri is 4th line C that doesn't work either.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:54 PM
  #48
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
John Garrett - Canucks Analyst on Sportsnet

Canucks going away from Luongo, due to playoffs performance. 17 goals in 3 games against Boston, in Boston. Mentally doesn't have it in playoffs. Great regular season, 100 points in 6 of 7 seasons. Vancouver needs to succeed in playoffs, Toronto just needs to get there at this point.

Concern about distraction off the ice. Constant questions to players about it.

Price point - unfair to keep Luongo as backup, hope that he makes a deal. Bozak, Kadri and second pick, more than fair as a deal.
See and thats something close to what will happen, he's not the only one to mention that. Canuck fans have to just accept the fact they aren't going to get what they want.

Stats01 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:55 PM
  #49
Whitebear
Registered User
 
Whitebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fishin the Skeena
Country: Canada
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
I still think that San Jose would be the best trading partner for the Canucks. Luongo give them a legitmate shot at the cup and they have a lot better top end talent for Vancouver to target.

I originally thought Marleau but a few think his contract is too high.

What would it take from a San Jose perspective to get Loungo?

Whitebear is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 01:55 PM
  #50
Fogelhund
Registered User
 
Fogelhund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post

In the context of the current situation in Toronto, Nazem Kadri is worth a lot to the Maple Leafs.
I agree, Kadri is worth a lot to the Leafs. It is expensive from the Leafs perspective. I'd rather not trade Kadri, but he will become a winger, and that is a place of our greatest depth.

We aren't getting Luongo for free, and I'd rather move Kadri than Gardiner, Rielly or a 1st...

Fogelhund is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.