HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Training Camp '13 (Starts Sunday 1/13)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Hagelin/Kreider - Richards - Nash
Hagelin/Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Pyatt - Boyle - Callahan
Asham/Haley/Rupp - Halpern - Asham/Haley/Rupp
What I'm thinking pretty much.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:00 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
No, if Skjei is moved it needs to be in a deal for a top line player. McBain is not that.
I don't know, it's trading a guy with likely second pair upside for a guy that's already a second pair defender. And McBain is only 24, has another year left on his deal and would still be RFA at the end of it. I think I'd do it. Makes us better now and doesn't sacrifice the future for a rental.

If either Kreider or Hagelin proves to be a legitimate top six player, then our top lines are set. Adding one more quality defenseman is our "final" need, at least on paper.

It's just pain.
Old
01-11-2013, 03:01 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I don't know, it's trading a guy with likely second pair upside for a guy that's already a second pair defender. And McBain is only 24, has another year left on his deal and would still be RFA at the end of it. I think I'd do it. Makes us better now and doesn't sacrifice the future for a rental.
His age and the fact that he is controllable is why it tempts me.

01-11-2013, 03:04 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
His age and the fact that he is controllable is why it tempts me.
This is exactly why I would do it. This year and next @ 1.8 and then a RFA. Adds another puck-mover to the group AND he plays RD. The Ranges have (3) defensive stalwarts. Pair them with a puck mover each. He has good size, great hockey IQ and is still growing. Makes sense to me.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I believe they were partners in college. Perfect addition

McDonagh-McBain
Staal-Stralman
MDZ-Girardi
I believe McDonagh spent most of his years with Goloubef and McBain played with Brendan Smith.

Would still like McBain though.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:12 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Would you do Skjei for McBain?
I would, for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Also, I remember hearing McD and McBain did play a good amount together in college. I remember something about the McD/McB pairing.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I believe McDonagh spent most of his years with Goloubef and McBain played with Brendan Smith.

Would still like McBain though.
i wouldnt mind any one of those 3 depending on the cost... i do like Smith who brings a bit of offense and some grit as well.. before this year Smith would have a hard time to make the Wings, but this year its all up to him if he makes the roster...

McBain would be a solid addition as well as Goloubef

Old
01-11-2013, 03:20 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i wouldnt mind any one of those 3 depending on the cost... i do like Smith who brings a bit of offense and some grit as well.. before this year Smith would have a hard time to make the Wings, but this year its all up to him if he makes the roster...

McBain would be a solid addition as well as Goloubef
Goloubef hasn't been able to make the NHL though and the Wings are very unlikely to be willing to move Smith right now, making McBain the perfect choice.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Hopefully Sather at least inquires about McBain. RH shot. Capable enough on D and O.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Mcbain
DZ-Stralman

Looks like the best d corps in the league to me!

Old
01-11-2013, 03:49 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Hopefully Sather at least inquires about McBain. RH shot. Capable enough on D and O.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Mcbain
DZ-Stralman

Looks like the best d corps in the league to me!
McDonagh- Mcbain
Staal-Girardi
DZ-McIllraith

Next year

Old
01-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Pair McBain with Staal to cover some of his defensive lapses and I think he could flourish. The offense is there. Question becomes whether or not he can surpass what Stralman already brings, or if he's utlimately the same guy who's a couple years younger.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:04 PM
SnowblindNYR

Sounds like just conjecture from a writer. I wouldn't call this McBain thing as a rumor.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:10 PM
CM PUNK

besides trading him for another young dman...something to keep in mind with skjei is with staal, mcdonagh and mdz aleady set down the leftside, odds are he only has a future in ny if the cap forces us to lose 1 of those guys or someone gets hurt. so that makes him a tradeable asset.

but i think car would want more.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Sounds like just conjecture from a writer. I wouldn't call this McBain thing as a rumor.
its definitely not a rumor...topic started that canes have a bunch of guys from the minors ready to make the nhl so that might lead to them making some trades. people then started tossing out ideas. its a conversation nothing more.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
besides trading him for another young dman...something to keep in mind with skjei is with staal, mcdonagh and mdz aleady set down the leftside, odds are he only has a future in ny if the cap forces us to lose 1 of those guys or someone gets hurt. so that makes him a tradeable asset.

but i think car would want more.
Actually I would say that makes him more likely to stay: since Brady will not be NHL ready for 3-4 more years, he could be a cheaper replacement, should we trade/let one of them go for cap reasons (not advocating it, but a possible scenario)...

Old
01-11-2013, 04:14 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Carolina is going to compete, I don't see why they would trade McBain.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Their GM has been quoted as saying they're exploring the idea of trades to clear space on the roster for other players. McBain has long been rumored to be possible trade bait.

Quote:
“We’ve taken a hard look at everything,” Rutherford said. “We’re here to win and there could be some clean-up trades. People always like to look at trades and say who got the best of the trade, well we may make some trades that look funny but they are going to open up a spot for somebody else.

“We may do that or we may not; we may do one of those; we may do none or we may do two or three of those,” he added. “But what I do know is we feel pretty strong about where our young players are.”
http://hurricanesbeat.com/profiles/blogs/roster-in-flux

Does he specifically mention McBain? No, but typically when a beat writer, as well as the majority of the HFBoards fan base for that team seems to think a guy could be trade fodder, there's some substance to it.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:07 PM
shinchanyo

Hi all. Been lurking since before any of you were in diapers. (Thats a lie and I'm in my 20's so I'm full of crap). Finally jumped onto the runaway train. I'll jump right in because that Cally debate was making me crazy.

I actually really like the idea of Cally as a second liner more because he just has the skill and tenacity to help set up for a line like Nash and stepan. I don't know how committed Torts is to Nash being LW or RW but to have a 25-30 G scoring, defensively smart, hard working RW, a very smart C and a nose for the net elite 30-40 G scorer as a second line? Holy hell. That said Hagelin and Cally are just players who to me will bust their butt so hard that their lines play will not drag down their own play. I do think Callahan wore down a bit and the addition of Nash offensively will alleviate much of that burden.

I did see Hagelin reportedly added a good deal of offense to his play. I honestly don't expect much in terms of points but am eagerly hoping we see it. Krieder's situation has unique written on it I can't even begin to speculate what happens there beyond him starting the season with this team.

Pyatt intrigues me greatly and I hope Boyle can take that nastiness he had pre concussion and bring that day in and out. If he brings that nasty element I don't care if he scores just 2 goals because his impact will be beyond the statsheet.

That said how likely are the Rangers to bring back Avery and Zuccarello? (KIIDDDIIIING!)

Old
01-11-2013, 05:15 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Hi all. Been lurking since before any of you were in diapers. (Thats a lie and I'm in my 20's so I'm full of crap). Finally jumped onto the runaway train. I'll jump right in because that Cally debate was making me crazy.

I actually really like the idea of Cally as a second liner more because he just has the skill and tenacity to help set up for a line like Nash and stepan. I don't know how committed Torts is to Nash being LW or RW but to have a 25-30 G scoring, defensively smart, hard working RW, a very smart C and a nose for the net elite 30-40 G scorer as a second line? Holy hell. That said Hagelin and Cally are just players who to me will bust their butt so hard that their lines play will not drag down their own play. I do think Callahan wore down a bit and the addition of Nash offensively will alleviate much of that burden.

I did see Hagelin reportedly added a good deal of offense to his play. I honestly don't expect much in terms of points but am eagerly hoping we see it. Krieder's situation has unique written on it I can't even begin to speculate what happens there beyond him starting the season with this team.

Pyatt intrigues me greatly and I hope Boyle can take that nastiness he had pre concussion and bring that day in and out. If he brings that nasty element I don't care if he scores just 2 goals because his impact will be beyond the statsheet.

That said how likely are the Rangers to bring back Avery and Zuccarello? (KIIDDDIIIING!)
Welcome aboard to The Ride to Insanity.

I suggest you start threads on the 2 bolded questions you have. Would be a great start as your 2nd & 3rd posts here. Would also be entertaining...

Old
01-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post

I like you... You're crazy.. But I like you..

Old
01-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

If either Kreider or Hagelin proves to be a legitimate top six player, then our top lines are set. Adding one more quality defenseman is our "final" need, at least on paper.
Considering where this team is right now, I'd definitely do a Skjei for McBain swap.

Dont know why Carolina would, however.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:57 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Considering where this team is right now, I'd definitely do a Skjei for McBain swap.

Dont know why Carolina would, however.
What about Lindberg and a pick for McBain?

Old
01-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Kershaw

McBain for Skjei, sign me up.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:05 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

The Canes are trying to make a run this year. What reason would they have to trade McBain for a prospect? No chance.

01-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
The Canes are trying to make a run this year. What reason would they have to trade McBain for a prospect? No chance.
They have Faulk and Pitkanen. They don't really need him anymore.

Closed Thread