HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2013, 02:25 PM
  #501
Czech Trio
from jersey
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Now that I'm thinking of it I could see Matteau coming to camp, breaking Zajac's leg, giving Zidlicky a concussion, and killing Josefson accidentally.

Czech Trio is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:25 PM
  #502
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
All before breakfast

I heard once that Matteau went out to the bars in Montreal and brought back 2 strippers. They were found dead the next day (before breakfast ofc). Cause of deaths was a single Matteau check from behind.

GM17* is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:27 PM
  #503
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany
 
Henrique Iglesias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ-NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
All before breakfast


****ing Stefan.

Henrique Iglesias is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:33 PM
  #504
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Trio View Post
Now that I'm thinking of it I could see Matteau coming to camp, breaking Zajac's leg, giving Zidlicky a concussion, and killing Josefson accidentally.
Can't be any worse than Foster....I hope.

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:41 PM
  #505
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
DING! DING!
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,643
vCash: 425
someone remind me again who fought in camp a few years back

__________________

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:42 PM
  #506
kiwidevil
____________________
 
kiwidevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Wasn't it White and Zubrus?

kiwidevil is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:42 PM
  #507
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
someone remind me again who fought in camp a few years back
I want to say it was either Fraser or White and probably a fighter like Leblond/Sestito.

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:43 PM
  #508
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Wasn't it White and Zubrus?
That sounds about right.

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:46 PM
  #509
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
DING! DING!
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,643
vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Wasn't it White and Zubrus?
Zubrus sounds right, but White only fought once I can remember after the eye incident and that was in a game. Wasn't it a young guy that got bounced back to the minors like a day or two later?

Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:50 PM
  #510
kiwidevil
____________________
 
kiwidevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Zubrus sounds right, but White only fought once I can remember after the eye incident and that was in a game. Wasn't it a young guy that got bounced back to the minors like a day or two later?
Maybe I am thinking of another altercation. But there is definitely one with White involved. As he called him a hugger or something like that.

Sure it was White and Zubrus. Under Sutter I think.

kiwidevil is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:50 PM
  #511
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Zubrus sounds right, but White only fought once I can remember after the eye incident and that was in a game. Wasn't it a young guy that got bounced back to the minors like a day or two later?
Zubrus and Langenbrunner

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...d_with_quotes/

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:51 PM
  #512
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
DING! DING!
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,643
vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
BOOM.

Thanks.

Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
  #513
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
BOOM.

Thanks.
The comments on some of TG's older blogs were classic...

"Langs is probably pissed at Zubrus for being the most expensive 38 point scorer in the entire NHL."

"Langenbrunner was like ” I can’t believe they pay this guy more than me.”"


Zippy316 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
  #514
kiwidevil
____________________
 
kiwidevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Ahh old grumpy pants. Of course.

kiwidevil is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 03:13 PM
  #515
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,224
vCash: 500
Langs finished as a jerk but lets not forget what he did in '03.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 03:18 PM
  #516
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,295
vCash: 500
Haha TG said ''I know it's a stupid question but I have to ask'' and Jamie's goes ''I'm not answering anymore of your stupid questions!'' I swear to god Jamie told someone in a post game that he wasn't gonna answer anymore stupid questions once too.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 03:22 PM
  #517
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Haha TG said ''I know it's a stupid question but I have to ask'' and Jamie's goes ''I'm not answering anymore of your stupid questions!'' I swear to god Jamie told someone in a post game that he wasn't gonna answer anymore stupid questions once too.
lol I thought that would have been said by Tortorella to Brooks during one of their many fights. I didn't remember Langs doing 'that' although I know he avoided the media like the plague when he got scratched.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
  #518
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 500
Rob Nieds and Colin White didn't fight Langs, but they both got into tussles

White's was in a TG article, Rob Nieds was mixed in another article about Langs having a bad day

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
  #519
downtown56
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,994
vCash: 500
2013 Milestone

Martin Brodeur
30,000 SHOTS FACED
Already the career leader in wins (656) and games played (1,191), the Devils veteran also leads all goalies in career shots-against during the regular season (29,915) even on the defense-first New Jersey teams that have often kept the rubber coming his way to a minimum. Granted, shots and saves stats weren't kept in the days of Terry Sawchuk, Glenn Hall and Jacques Plante, but Brodeur has played 200 more games than each of them, so his numbers are legit. He has stopped 27,312 of those shots.


Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl...#ixzz2HhmpRgfW

downtown56 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
  #520
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
lol I thought that would have been said by Tortorella to Brooks during one of their many fights. I didn't remember Langs doing 'that' although I know he avoided the media like the plague when he got scratched.
I think it was in one of the post game during that half season in 10/11 that he was still around. He, and Maclean made for some great post game pressers at that time. Shorter than Torts 63 second special after a loss! I remember Kovy being a great interview too. Once he said something like ''We're a hundred game out of the playoffs''.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 04:24 PM
  #521
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown56 View Post
2013 Milestone

Martin Brodeur
30,000 SHOTS FACED
Already the career leader in wins (656) and games played (1,191), the Devils veteran also leads all goalies in career shots-against during the regular season (29,915) even on the defense-first New Jersey teams that have often kept the rubber coming his way to a minimum. Granted, shots and saves stats weren't kept in the days of Terry Sawchuk, Glenn Hall and Jacques Plante, but Brodeur has played 200 more games than each of them, so his numbers are legit. He has stopped 27,312 of those shots.


Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl...#ixzz2HhmpRgfW
Should get 700 wins this season too. 44 wins in 48 games? No problem.

Nick0930 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
  #522
kiwidevil
____________________
 
kiwidevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

@TSNBobMcKenzie reports that Stefan Matteau will leave his junior team to attend training camp with the Devils.



Keep Josefson off the ice.

Also, i know it's been mentioned by some. But is Matteau Lou's solution to forward(wing) depth this year?


Last edited by kiwidevil: 01-11-2013 at 04:35 PM.
kiwidevil is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
  #523
Devil X
Next man up!
 
Devil X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bergen County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

@TSNBobMcKenzie reports that Stefan Matteau will leave his junior team to attend training camp with the Devils.



Keep Josefson off the ice.

Also, i know it's been mentioned by some. But is Matteau Lou's solution to forward(wing) depth this year?
I really dont think he is Lou's answer he just wants to see that the kid can do in an NHL camp with all NHL or AHL players. He impresses good for him but he will likely practice with them and in a week be back with his team.

Devil X is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 04:44 PM
  #524
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,557
vCash: 500
Might as well invite as many people to camp as possible, there's no harm to it unless they get hurt traveling.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
  #525
kiwidevil
____________________
 
kiwidevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
I really dont think he is Lou's answer he just wants to see that the kid can do in an NHL camp with all NHL or AHL players. He impresses good for him but he will likely practice with them and in a week be back with his team.
How many games is he likely to miss?

kiwidevil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.