HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could Patrik Elias be a NY Ranger?

Old
06-15-2006, 11:11 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99
It's simply the experience factor. You can't just say these guys are ready, who knows if they and if they aren't. You seem to have high expectations for these kids, and who knows if they'll be able to meet them. I'm just saying don't go nuts, you seem to be riding these kids hard.
I hardly think that seeing what they have in camp is riding them hard. Nor is the expectation that a 25 year-old who has a strong camp can start the year as the 2nd line center. And asking Dawes to play 10-12 minutes on the 3rd line is hardly can example of riding hard.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Fletch

I think we all know...

that the proof is in the pudding with these prospects. We all like to pencil in our favorite players with descriptions of style from juniors or AHL into the NHL lineup. Why not? It's fun. But I think that at the same time, we're all realistic in that not all these guys are going to be NHLers, and not all will make the team in the role in which we want to see them, and not all will make the NHL on our timeframe. But it's a useful exercise, that is the exercise of going through the depth chart, to see where this team is deficient today, what's in there for the future, and who can plug the holes.

Dawes very well may not be ready. But he won't be the first undersized forward with around 30 goals in his first AHL season that made it to the NHL as a 21/22 year old. I mean, he's not going to grow any further and may not get very much stronger. He may not increase his skill very much either and thus may be ready to test the NHL waters. Helminen's about 23 and fresh off a second pro season in which he showed a scoring touch. Both seem to at least deserve a shot, unless those that see him everyday, in practice and in games, think differently. Then there are others like Immonen, who showed he can keep up in the NHL, and Giroux, who really hasn't. And Pock, who has mixed reviews, etc. These guys likely deserve shots at the NHL and I don't think any prospect, other than possibly Staal, would be rushed, a la Malhotra.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 12:04 PM
eliasISawesome

Ranger fans acting like their organization is better than the Devils funny stuff.

GretzNYR99 you actually think you guys have a better org than the Devils?

eliasISawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 12:16 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasISawesome
GretzNYR99 you actually think you guys have a better org than the Devils?
This website seems to think so.

http://hockeysfuture.com/orgrankings.php

Rangers were ranked 7. The Devils were ranked 21.

06-15-2006, 12:51 PM
eliasISawesome

So your basing it on a website?

Blackhawks
Penguins
Wild
Capitals ?????????

Maybe better prospects but that dont mean stanley cups, and wins

So you think all those teams have better org's than the

Devils
Hurricanes
Sabres
Stars
Flyers?????????

eliasISawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 12:56 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasISawesome
So your basing it on a website?

Blackhawks
Penguins
Wild
Capitals ?????????

Maybe better prospects but that dont mean stanley cups, and wins

So you think all those teams have better org's than the

Devils
Hurricanes
Sabres
Stars
Flyers?????????

I'm not basing it on anything. The past is the past. Moving forward, I like where the Rangers are better than where the Devils are. That'sjust my opinion.

I only used the website to demonstrate that not everyone finds the idea that the Rangers are a better organization right now as humerous as you do.

What I find so interesting is how insecure some Devil fans get about any mention of Elias and the potential of him going to the Rangers.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Fletch

The Devils are a good org....

but, I do believe you can make valid arguments that the Rangers may be as good or better going forward. This isn't 1998-2004 anymore where the answer was crystal clear. It should make for a good series next season as the two teams are closer to even than they've been in a very long time.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote