HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 03:52 PM
doorman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
People need to stop saying this. The Leafs have no connection with Ranger. He's under contract with the Toronto Marlies, basically a UFA as far as anyone in the NHL is concerned.
His connection to the Leafs is thruogh the front office. It was Loiselles presence and connection through the Lightning that brought Ranger to the marlies.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Imo: Kadri

In Gillis' opinion: Probably Shore

I'd like Petrovic over either, though.
You've said this a couple times, I still don't get it. Unless we lose Edler to UFA our top 4 should be locked up for a long time. We didn't sign Garrison to a $4.6 million AAV contract to play him on the bottom pairing.

We do however have a hole in our top 9 at center, which Shore could fill as earlier as next season, with spot time this year.

Out of curiosity, if Petrovic was a LHD would you still rate him > Shore?

Old
01-11-2013, 03:56 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Here's the deal that will happen. Take it to the bank.

To Toronto:
Roberto Luongo
2013 1st round pick

To Vancouver:
Nazem Kadri
Matt Frattin
Matt Finn
2013 2nd round pick

Old
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
chugz

Watch Kadri turn into Mason Raymond 2.0
Bozak on the Nucks will be waived or traded for a 3rd rounder by next season

Old
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Drew Shore or Nazim Kadri? Who's the preferred prospect?
For me.....Shore.

Kadri has a higher ceiling but I always prefer a center over a winger. I just can't see Vinny doing well with Kadri and I can't see him breaking into the team this year. So if he does not help the short term, give me a guy I can use in the long term. The combination of Gaunce and Shore could one day make Kes expendable which if we rebuild at all would be very good. We are not going to get the ideal player for that spot in a Bjugstad or Couturier.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
You've said this a couple times, I still don't get it. Unless we lose Edler to UFA our top 4 should be locked up for a long time. We didn't sign Garrison to a $4.6 million AAV contract to play him on the bottom pairing.

We do however have a hole in our top 9 at center, which Shore could fill as earlier as next season, with spot time this year.

I'd say he were a better prospect, but I wouldn't be as inclined to target him over Shore.

If we're trying a rookie in the 3C spot, it should be Schroeder. If we aren't then we'll get a vet anyways. Long term we have Gaunce in the system who projects to be the ideal third line centre.

We have absolutely no one in our system or even on our team like Petrovic.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:00 PM
ginner classic

Quote:

Bieksa
Tanev
Edler or Garrison off their strong side
Corrado
Thin air

Petrovic fills an obvious organizational need.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:00 PM
clarksmustache

Dreger was quoted on TSN radio yesterday morning as saying Nonis won't give Bozak, Kadri, and a pick for Lou. I'm afraid it'll be more like Bozak, Colborne and a pick maybe, but Naz won't be included.

If that's not enough for Luongo then so be it. I'm fine with giving Reimer a chance whether we make the playoffs or not. Stock up in summer 2013 and hope for a big year. I can handle another 6 months of suffering it's already been over 100 months.

Dregs has some pretty good connections to Nonis so I have to believe him here, even though I wouldn't have to hear it from him to know that.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksmustache View Post
Dreger was quoted on TSN radio yesterday morning as saying Nonis won't give Bozak, Kadri, and a pick for Lou. I'm afraid it'll be more like Bozak, Colborne and a pick maybe, but Naz won't be included.

If that's not enough for Luongo then so be it. I'm fine with giving Reimer a chance whether we make the playoffs or not. Stock up in summer 2013 and hope for a big year. I can handle another 6 months of suffering it's already been over 100 months.

Dregs has some pretty good connections to Nonis so I have to believe him here, even though I wouldn't have to hear it from him to know that.
I guess make it 8 years in a row then.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post

To Toronto:
Roberto Luongo
2013 1st round pick

To Vancouver:
Nazem Kadri
Matt Frattin
Matt Finn
2013 2nd round pick
Either dump the picks or involve Kulemin. There is absolutely no way we deal our first unless we're getting a massive haul, one that includes a roster player. Even then I doubt it.

Old
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Drew Shore or Nazim Kadri? Who's the preferred prospect?
kadri

Old
ZKassian9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post

To Toronto:
Roberto Luongo
2013 1st round pick

To Vancouver:
Nazem Kadri
Matt Frattin
Matt Finn
2013 2nd round pick
IMO Rielly or Gardiner needs to be in the trade, maybe in a bigger package. The Canucks don't have an offensive dman in their system. Edler is good but he is more of a 2-way dman.

Gardiner/Rielly, Biggs, Bozak, Connolly, Rights to Franson
for
Lu, Raymond, Shroeder, Sauve, Alberts (depth dman), 3rd

Old
wreckless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post

But back to the original point, 5 years from now who knows what your roster will be like. Toronto has zero players from 5 years ago. Vancouver, who has been fairly competitive, only has 9 players from 5 years ago and Luongo won't be here too much longer.

GMs in the league talk about building for the future, but the reality is that most of them don't stick around 5 years and it takes close to that to completely alter a team. For most of them, the future is either now or in the next 3 seasons.

It's great to take a long term approach, but rarely does it happen and even when a team takes that route, it does not guarantee success.

I just can't see management being okay with 2-4 more seasons of missing the playoffs in Toronto. For a big market, the limit most franchises should find acceptable is five years, and that is based on going full rebuild.
agreed.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:04 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
So from 8 players/prospects, you ended up with Phaneuf and Kulemin, plus another potential player. That's not great, but it's not bad either. So many people on this website expect 80% of their prospects to excel. None of those 8 became a star and turning them into Phaneuf alone is pretty decent.

But back to the original point, 5 years from now who knows what your roster will be like. Toronto has zero players from 5 years ago. Vancouver, who has been fairly competitive, only has 9 players from 5 years ago and Luongo won't be here too much longer.

GMs in the league talk about building for the future, but the reality is that most of them don't stick around 5 years and it takes close to that to completely alter a team. For most of them, the future is either now or in the next 3 seasons.

It's great to take a long term approach, but rarely does it happen and even when a team takes that route, it does not guarantee success.

I just can't see management being okay with 2-4 more seasons of missing the playoffs in Toronto. For a big market, the limit most franchises should find acceptable is five years, and that is based on going full rebuild.
Phaneuf, Kule, and prospects Ashton, Percey, Levno, Granberg, Brodin, Robertson and Broll.
So our captain our best defensive forward and 7 prospects. Also Hamilton our AHL captain also came from trading one of those guys.

Last edited by cyris: 01-11-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old
01-11-2013, 04:04 PM
ginner classic

Quote:

If Toronto won't pony up anything of value they can go full rebuild. We all know that. There's nothing else out there. I'm not saying I disagree with that strategy but there's literally no point trading Lou without getting an asset you can really hang your hat on back. I'd much rather we go for the cup all out. Damn the torpedoes.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Lundface

vCash: 50
Quote:

You honestly think getting a draft pick in 2013 will suddenly change your team? If Reimer fails now what?

The route you're planning to take is not a bad one, but it may be years before you see a playoff game yet alone winning anything. You'll need to stockpile picks and prospects

Old
01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I'd call it 10 best case tbf. This year is unoffically going to be number 9 for them (lockout year included). They'll need to blood some of those prospects and Florida, Winnipeg, Ottawa and NYI are way ahead of them in a complete rebuild.

I've always said Toronto fans would gladly suffer a rebuild done right. It'd be too bad if 7 years were wasted coming to that conclusion.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKassian9 View Post
IMO Rielly or Gardiner needs to be in the trade, maybe in a bigger package. The Canucks don't have an offensive dman in their system. Edler is good but he is more of a 2-way dman.

Gardiner/Rielly, Biggs, Bozak, Connolly Rights to Franson
for
Lu, Raymond, Shroeder, Sauve, Alberts (depth dman), 3rd
lol leafs walk at the thought of either rielly and gardiner being in the trade. bozak and kadri is as good as its gonna get and for our future i think we would prefer not to do anything and just ride the ship. No way Nonis makes a deal like this after watching first hand what happened with kessel. if kadri scores 50points next season for vancouver everyone in toronto will be all over nonis.

vanvouver fans YOUR NOT GETTING RIELLY OR GARDINER STOP THINKING YOU EVEN HAVE A CHANCE.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:09 PM
vanwest

Quote:

You didn't consider it's possible that Dreger is just acting as the PR guy for his cousin and telling people what Nonis' offer is rather than the final deal? I'd take anything that Dreger or any Toronto media say right now with a huge grain of salt. Gillis will not use the press to negotiate for him. You won't hear his position leaked. The final deal may come with another team or even players we haven't heard about yet. We know what Toronto would like to give up in an ideal world but let's not pretend that this is likely to be the final deal.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
You honestly think getting a draft pick in 2013 will suddenly change your team? If Reimer fails now what?

The route you're planning to take is not a bad one, but it may be years before you see a playoff game yet alone winning anything. You'll need to stockpile picks and prospects
Nonis will not bank on Reimer, Scrivens and Rynnas. If he fails with Lou he will switch gears to Bernier I would think. You can bet a lot of money he'll be taking some goalies awfully high in the draft in the next couple of years as well. It's not Nonis' style to suffer marginal goalies.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
YogiCanucks

Let's just set this as a rule. Anytime a Leafs fan wants to use Bozak in a proposal, realize he has about the same to Vancouver as Raymond has to Toronto.

Anytime a Canucks fan wants to use Raymond in a proposal, realize he has about the same Value to Toronto as Bozak has to Vancouver.

Done? Good.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Phaneuf, Kule, and prospects Ashton, Percey, Levno, Granberg, Brodin and Broll.
So our captain our best defensive forward and 6 prospects.
So from 8 players that were supposed to be part of the core to 2 active players and 6 prospects.

I'm just saying prospects are very overrated here and banking on 5 years from now rarely, if ever, amounts to what we think it will.

Does Toronto have enough talent in the wings to say they have a core to build around?

Old
01-11-2013, 04:17 PM
FiveAndGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
vanvouver fans YOUR NOT GETTING RIELLY OR GARDINER STOP THINKING YOU EVEN HAVE A CHANCE.
Then I guess we keep Lu. Enjoy the playoffs.

Old
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
except with nathan mackinon or seth jones being added as much as I'd like mackinon jones, gardiner ,reilley looks pretty damn good

Old
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I'd say he were a better prospect, but I wouldn't be as inclined to target him over Shore.

If we're trying a rookie in the 3C spot, it should be Schroeder. If we aren't then we'll get a vet anyways. Long term we have Gaunce in the system who projects to be the ideal third line centre.

We have absolutely no one in our system or even on our team like Petrovic.
This is where our opinions diverge. I don't think the handedness of a prospect should play a huge factor into whether or not we target him over another guy. There are literally a hundred other things I would consider before that.

Closed Thread