HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2013 Line Combos

Old
01-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Micklebot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Tomorrow I will make a post about Kuba that will blow your mind.

Wait for it. It will be legendary.

You better get psyched. I wanna feel the tremors of psychitude.
Kuba has played 1539 mins with Karlsson over the last 3 years, the most of any teammate by far (about 30% higher than the next closest).

Here are some telling stats over that period Kuba
StatWith Karlsson Kuba without Karlsson Karlsson without Kuba
Corsi 5vs5.524.484.544
Goals for % 5vs5.516.438.458

Nots saying Kuba is bad, just that playing with Karlsson has inflated his stats (not really unexpected).

Last edited by Micklebot: 01-11-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
The comment about their respective defensive game is subjective, of course, and I recognize that, so I'll just leave that with saying that's not something that we can flat out determine that it is.

Methot hasn't played a full pro season since his first year with the Crunch, I believe. I'll reserve myself on his early pro years as there might've been cases where he was healthy scratched, but he's missed over a 100 games over the four years he's been with the Jackets full-time. I know there are some healthy scratches in there, though, but not like he's on an iron man streak.

I am slightly pessimistic about this short-term. I realize Kuba was not a long-term option, but I really don't think Methot should be either as a top-pairing guy if this team want to go places.
Time will tell, and there are still questions about Methot, to be sure. But winning teams need big able bodied d-men to log key defensive minutes, and after Phillips, Methot is really the only guy we have like that now (Cowen is more than that, of course). And we all know Phillips is not long for this league. You look at a successful playoff team like the Kings, and they have the likes of Scuderi, Mitchell and Greene to compliment the likes of Doughty and Voynov etc. The Sens need a few more guys like that, and while Boro and Gryba might fit the bill long-term, Kuba most certainly did not. Having Wiercioch, Gonchar, Karlsson and Benoit in the line-up is a lot of size and strength to give up. Having Kuba in that roll, doesn't work either, because he is basically a small player playing in a larger man's body. He at times uses his frame to contain someone, but he is often times physically over powered, despite his frame. Methot will have to be able to receive and dish sharp, hard passes however, because Kuba was able to do this with Karlsson, which gained each of them more time and ice. That is the one question in my mind, and hopefully the Sens have scouted this pre-trade.

And there was no 1 year option with Kuba. We either signed him to a 2 year deal, or we let him walk. I think we did the smart thing. I would have definitely liked to have him for 1 year, but 2 years and $8 million is tough, especially when he is an over 35 guy and you are liable for the 2nd year even if he gets hurt and retires this year (he has chronic back issues, and a significant back injury this year might well have him retire given his contract is insured).

Plus, might as well find out of Karlsson can generate chemistry with a lot of differernt guys sooner rather than later. He did play with others at times last year though, and looked just as good to me. I have faith.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:31 PM
newerabegins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
Can Wiercioch play on the right side in the NHL? Isn't he a a lefty? How much does that matter?
normally left handed defensemen like to play on the left side its easier to receive passes and stuff gonchar is the only left handed defenseman i know that likes to play on the right side

newerabegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Yashin

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
normally left handed defensemen like to play on the left side its easier to receive passes and stuff gonchar is the only left handed defenseman i know that likes to play on the right side
And me on EASHL

Yashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:25 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

IMO Methot will be fine with Karlsson since we should not be expecting him to put up a lot of points anyway but allow Karlsson to do his thing & watch his back something Kuba couldn't do. Ottawa could use another right shot defenceman though & if they do make a move, I wonder if they will trade for a right shot defenceman? I'm still convinced they are after & will sign Andrej Sustre (RD) at the end of this yr's NCAA season.

Murray has two choices from Bingo as temporary replacements. The tandem of Boroweicki (LD) & Gryba (RD) are an interesting pair, they bring size, toughness & good defensive play which are all needed in Ottawa on defence & they play together in Bingo. They could also be split, Boroweicki could play with Gonchar who is more offensive & Borocop would just have to watch Gonchar's back & give aways & play defensive which he is good at. And Gryba could play with Phillips & be a decent tough shutdown 3rd pair.

The Wiercioch & Benoit tandem might fit better into Maclean's up tempo style & add more offence but IMO Ottawa needs to reduce their goals against, they were 24th last yr & 4th in goals for. Both these guys are also a little soft & I'm not sure Benoit has a future in Ottawa whereas the other three might. That's why I would go with Boroweicki & Gryba & if the offence falters I would switch Boroweicki with Wiercioch to add a little more offence when needed for now. Of course, Gryba will have to show he is ready to play at that level or he will be the guy sent back although he would be replaced as soon as Lundin returns.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:33 PM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
then why is everyone putting LD into RD spots?

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:42 PM
topshelfie

Quote:
Are you referring to other teams or our team? Other teams might not have other options at the spots right now or the player is comfortable playing on his offside like Gonchar.

Many times players are playing on their shooting side at even strength and then switch to their opposite side on power plays to enable one timers from the point.

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:42 PM
guyzeur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not enough quality RD?

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:54 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Lol, isn't it:

It will be... wait for it... Legendary.
no. no that is not it RKL

here it goes, as promised

Kuba was really good at even strength, on the PP and on the PK.

Even strength:

Both Kuba and Karlsson faced the best lines in 2011-12 as a pairing (Kuba actually has a higher Quality of Competition than Karlsson due to them not spending 100% of their ice time together).

And again due to them not spending 100% of their ice time together (like when Kuba was injured), their on ice goals for and against stats are different.

Kuba:
- total goals against = 52
- goals against per 60 min of ice = 2.45
- total goals for = 72
- goals for per 60 min of ice = 3.39 (1st on team)
- +/- per 60 min of ice = 0.94 (1st on team)

Karlsson:
- total goals against = 68
- goals against per 60 min of ice = 2.54
- total goals for = 90
- goals for per 60 min of ice = 3.36
- +/- per 60 min of ice = 0.82

Kuba had better numbers than Karlsson. Not that much better, but still, it's hard to believe all this is due solely to Karlsson.

PP:

Kuba:
- total goals against = 1
- goals against per 60 min of ice = 0.42
- total goals for = 21
- goals for per 60 min of ice = 8.76 (1st on team)
- +/- per 60 min of ice = 8.34 (1st on team)
- points per 60 min of ice = 4.59

Karlsson:
- total goals against = 5
- goals against per 60 min of ice = 1.01
- total goals for = 34
- goals for per 60 min of ice = 6.87
- +/- per 60 min of ice = 5.86
- points per 60 min of ice = 4.44

Kuba had 2 min per game and Karlsson 3:40 per game so Karlsson scored more total. But still, per ice time Kuba was on the ice for more goals for and less goals against... much better +/-. Not only was Kuba on the ice for more goals, he scored more points than Karlsson.

PK:

Kuba:
- total goals against = 18
- goals against per 60 min of ice = 4.49 (1st on team)
- total goals for = 6 (1st on team)
- goals for per 60 min of ice = 1.50 (1st on team)
- +/- per 60 min of ice = -2.99 (1st on team)
- points per 60 min of ice = 0.50 (1st on team)

Karlsson:
- total goals against = 5
- goals against per 60 min of ice = 6.60
- total goals for = 0
- goals for per 60 min of ice = 0.00
- +/- per 60 min of ice = -6.60
- points per 60 min of ice = 0.00

Again, Kuba is better offensively and defensively than Karlsson. More points, better goals for and better goals against. They didn't play together.

Not saying Kuba > Karlsson. But Kuba is right up there with him and better in many categories. Seems like the best PP and PK d-man on the team based on all objective measures.

Beast season.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:05 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
Umm 2010-2011 at age 35 St. Louis had 99 points, and last season he had 74 pts in 77 games. And before you use "he's playing with Stamkos!" as an excuse, he's averaged almost a ppg since the last lockout.

If you're gonna pick a player that's declining, try using one that's actually declining, because if you watch him play St. Louis is still an amazing talent, and even more amazing considering his size

I guess what I'm saying is that I hope Spezza declines as much as you think Martin St. Louis has when he's 35
Stamkos has a career season and scores an insane amount of goals... and St. Louis' production goes down 25 points to 74. Yes, I would call that a decline, right after his 35 year old season, surprise surprise.

Not to mention his defensive game has severely diminished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Kuba has played 1539 mins with Karlsson over the last 3 years, the most of any teammate by far (about 30% higher than the next closest).

Here are some telling stats over that period Kuba
StatWith Karlsson Kuba without Karlsson Karlsson without Kuba
Corsi 5vs5.524.484.544
Goals for % 5vs5.516.438.458

Nots saying Kuba is bad, just that playing with Karlsson has inflated his stats (not really unexpected).
For sure I agree Kuba has inflated stats. But his good stats are no way 100% due to Karlsson.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:08 PM
TSA0402

There is an obvious answer for all of those. I just don't want to write an essay tonight.

MAK you seem to have a knack for coming out with numbers that while look good on the surface, seem to fail in general common sense applications.

There is a reason Nick Foligno went for a top 4 d-man and Rick Nash went for a two young top six forwards, a top prospect and a first round pick, despite having a huge contract.

One day, I think you will figure it out.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:20 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
It's fair to be a bit worried about the chemistry factor with Karlsson that Kuba had, but it really comes down to how much you believe in Karlsson. Will he be good with another competent defensive d-man? Or was it Kuba that enabled him to be so successful? Frankly, I think most believe it is the former.

Looking at the Kuba/Foligno for Methot/Lats swap, I can't help but be cautiously optimistic about it, given age and contract factors into. And contracts isn't just about saving money, but freeing up money for others and additions..

Methot is almost 10 years younger than Kuba, and makes more than $1m less. His defensive game is also much better, and he doesn't have the injury issues every other year Kuba does. That is a massive upgrade on D long-term. I think he will be a solid top 4 guy, whether he is a great fit with Karlsson or not.

For Foligno, everyone liked the guy, but he really is a poor man's scoring forward (while being a very productive 3rd liner). Pesky, skates well and the kind of guy you'd love to have on your third line, but also a guy who probably isn't a great top 6 guy. Not too many playoff teams would have him as one of their top two LWers.

Injuries aside (which you can't ignore), Latendresse has much more upside. He is the same age, but has much better goal scoring skills in terms of a shot and release (where as Foligno is more dangerous on the rush one-on-one). Latendresse will creep along and fine a seam for a playmaker to find him. This is an underated skill and we haven't had someone good at this since Heatley, really (Milan is ok). Foligno simply didn't know how to do this. His goals were him creating his own chance, typically, or a goal mouth poke in. Both Lats and Foligno go to the net well, but Latendresse is 25 pounds heavier.

In terms of production, Latendresse has scored more goals in his last 82 games with the Wild (33), than Foligno scored in his last two full seasons (29 goals in 164 games). The upside of Latendresse is that of a bonafide scoring winger, where as Foligno will likely always be a tweener, who teases you with a breaktaking goal every 10 games or so, but in the end, management has to admit, if he's in your top 6, you're in trouble. Takes value to get value, so moving a really good 3rd liner for a top 4 d-man made perfect sense. On the injury side, I don't see Lats being any more of a risk than someone who relies on Kuba.
Disagree with the bolded, based on 2011-12 anyway. Kuba was very good defensively last year.

I don't necessarily disagree with the rest... however, contracts and age and stuff like that don't really matter in this argument (if you followed it the whole way) because I was strictly comparing the 2011-12 Sens to the 2012-13 Sens.

Kuba was exceptional last year, and Methot, pretty much no matter what, will not match that two-way contribution. Not even close imo.

Lats vs Foligno, who knows if Lats can match 2011-12 Foligno.

The 2011-12 Sens, with great contributions from Kuba and Foligno (they overachieved most likely) just squeaked into the playoffs.

Methot and Lats can't match it most likely. Therefore the Sens are in tough to make the playoffs. Add in the Cowen injury and it's not looking good at all.

Hence, the tank plan.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:26 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
There is an obvious answer for all of those. I just don't want to write an essay tonight.

MAK you seem to have a knack for coming out with numbers that while look good on the surface, seem to fail in general common sense applications.

There is a reason Nick Foligno went for a top 4 d-man and Rick Nash went for a two young top six forwards, a top prospect and a first round pick, despite having a huge contract.

One day, I think you will figure it out.
Yeah yeah talent that you can ''see''.

Foligno vs Nash is a completely different comparison than Kuba vs Karlsson because their teammates and roles are completely different. You obviously have to take that into account.

And did admit Kuba's stats are inflated due to Karlsson. But them being better is an indication that it's not all Karlsson, and Kuba helped him out a great deal.

Using crazy stats I could probably prove Nash > Foligno anyway, so I don't know what your point is.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Know what I did not miss during the lockout? Corsi stats.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:35 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Know what I did not miss during the lockout? Corsi stats.
I did not use a single Corsi stat.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:44 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Using crazy stats I could probably prove Nash > Foligno anyway, so I don't know what your point is.
You don't need crazy stats to prove Rick Nash is better than Nick Foligno. I think anyone making the argument that Foligno in any way is better than Nash needs to seriously go over the medication they are taking to ensure that the dosage is correct.

... or are you talking about Tyson Nash?

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Disagree with the bolded, based on 2011-12 anyway. Kuba was very good defensively last year.

I don't necessarily disagree with the rest... however, contracts and age and stuff like that don't really matter in this argument (if you followed it the whole way) because I was strictly comparing the 2011-12 Sens to the 2012-13 Sens.

Kuba was exceptional last year, and Methot, pretty much no matter what, will not match that two-way contribution. Not even close imo.

Lats vs Foligno, who knows if Lats can match 2011-12 Foligno.

The 2011-12 Sens, with great contributions from Kuba and Foligno (they overachieved most likely) just squeaked into the playoffs.

Methot and Lats can't match it most likely. Therefore the Sens are in tough to make the playoffs. Add in the Cowen injury and it's not looking good at all.

Hence, the tank plan.
Do you know why a tank plan like you suggest is so obtuse? So completely misguided? So we trade Spezza, Gonchar, Anderson and Michalek. Then how do we replace them? That is the problem. You can not find talented players easily. Free agency has become a very limited enterprise and not only do you need to find a high quality free agent, you need to lure him here from among 29 other options. Even if the Senators make the short list it is usually not even about money... it is about term. And moreso it is about ties to a city, family reasons... all kinds of things that make other cities often better options. Surely some players would love to sign here, but most will not. We got Gonchar because we were I think the only team to offer him a 3 year deal.

So you can go and trade veteran players and get what in return? Lesser quality roster players, picks and prospects. And then you wait until they MIGHT become important parts of the team. So we should get rid of our best centre, our best winger, our best goalie and our 2nd best defenceman? It is a very optimistic.... well actually more like fantasy to think we are going to replace that kind of production anytime soon if they were traded. And also if we got rid of those guys we would be MASSIVELY under the cap.

What you fail to take into consideration is that the REAL NHL is not a video game or a fantasy league. You can't just get a quality player easily... you either wait years for him to develop or hope you luck into a trade. It is skill to make a good trade... but it also takes lucky circumstances to roll together. Turris wanted out and had contract and issues with his former team. We know all about Heatley... basically 3 times on a forced trade. Joe Thornton to San Jose.. suddenly he is just traded and no other team but San Jose knew he was available. Anderson and Elliott was the oddest combination of circumstances for both teams. It is HARD to make a trade for a truly talented top echlon player, it happens rarely and you end up sometimes just being lucky to get a guy.

Want to know why Foligno was moved for Methot? Because we legitimately had several good prospects ready THIS SEASON to play his 2nd/3rd line winger job. We really needed a competent 2 way defenceman that was physical. We weren't dumping Foligno... it took that much to get a youngish physcial 3/4/5 defenceman.

Kuba was decent last year. He was good. He is also old and he wasn't that good the couple of years before. I am sure if they could have got him to sign for 1 year they would have strongly considered it. At 2 years they moved on from Kuba.

This team has the pieces to compete now and compete for many more years to come. Fleecing the team of most of the best talent basically, that isn't Karlsson, is impossibe under the Cap anyway.... and so wrong headed. It would take years to get back the talent.

What we are doing as a franchise is WAITING for that trade or move. We have a ton of Cap Space and the owner will spend the money. We just need to make a deal to get a great asset that we want WHEN ONE BECOMES AVAILABLE and we will pay the $$$$ and give up the futures we need to get him. We have forward prospects and roster players and a 3rd goalie. We have like $20 million in cap room.. or something like that. We were IN on the Nash sweepstakes. Nash did not have the Senators on his list of teams he would go to. But Murray definitely kicked the tires.

I am telling you how it IS. Thinking trading 4 of our top 6 or 7 players is a good idea... is so ridiculous. We don't have a SINGLE bad contract. The team is now perfectly built to attract a deal or a Free Agent and for the current prospects to have lots of room to develop... and we are good enough to make the playoffs last year and challenge for them this year. Most experts I have seen are putting the Sens right in the middle of the pack in the league. We finished 16th last year and most think we are about that good now. Again with a Cap minimum payroll and tons of spots on the roster for prospects to develop. Trading the core of the team for picks and lesser young players would be dumb.

What we will do and should do... is wait until the deadline. Make deals for players that seem likely to resign with us, or still have term on their contracts. Then there actually will be some players of value available. Some teams will have fallen out of the playoff races. Some will want to dump players with term on their contracts because of the cap going down next season.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Spezza is inconsistent. He is slightly below Crosby/Malkin/Stamkos in talent level but his numbers are way worse.

One game he is lights out jaw dropping good and defensively responsible, and the next he drags his feet and is only noticeable when he gives the puck away at the offensive blueline

I expect him to be:
1-more consistent offensively
2-not hurt the team when he's not producing
3-MOVE your feet on a consistent basis

In 2011-12, Spezza was more consistent than usual and likely had his best season of his career. Hopefully this continues but I'm not holding my breath.

This inconsistency + decline with age + injury concerns lead me to believe Spezza will be past his peak (not the same player as 2011-12) when the team is peaking.

That is all.

Can he be the #1 forward on a Stanley Cup Champion right now? Possibly, hard to say.

Will he be able to be the #1 forward on a Stanley Cup Champion in 4 years? I don't think so.

well maybe teams should do things differently... Calgary and Toronto attempting to make the playoffs every year is pathetic... their teams are a mess and they're not going anywhere.

Like I said, you need to get worse before you get better. Finishing 10th every season is not a recipe for success.

Tanking is useful.

And did you read my post?

Kuba + Foligno > Methot + Latendresse.
Cowen is gone.
The defense is worse than ever.

LOL @ deep playoff run.. do you really believe that

It's not just trading Spezza... it's trading Gonchar, Michalek, Anderson too.

Sure fire top 3 pick, sure fire first line player. There's your Spezza.

You guys dared me to do it, you should have helped me out there.

Iginla and St. Louis are far from what they once were. Very far.

That's exactly the type of decline I'm talking about with Spezza. For every Selanne there's a Gretzky, Iginla, St. Louis, etc... Most guys decline by age 35. There's no way around it.

If you think Spezza will be as good at 35 as he was in 2011-12, then I don't what to say.

Like Thornton, he's declined from peak Thornton. Why do you expect Spezza to be the same player? Crazy.
Spezza is 29. TWENTY-NINE. Do I think he will be not too far off the level he has been in his career so far for 4 or 5 years? Yes I do. No reason to think he would still be a possible top 10 scorer in the NHL if he has a healthy full season in 2017.

And yes... if we have a good season and Karlsson, Spezza and Alfredsson stay healthy I do think we COULD make a deep playoff run. We almost beat the Rangers last year. We might not but I certainly think we COULD. I think Maclean, Murray and Melynyk all hold the same opinion too. That if we have a healthy season and a little luck we could go to the 2nd, 3rd, finals. We might not certainly, but the team is close enough that it is not at all impossible. That is the goal this season. To make the playoffs and try to be as ready as possible to win at least a round or more.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows
Kuba + Foligno > Methot + Latendresse..
Seriously you have no idea about that... you're not qualified enough to know about it and you're just trying to have your biased opinion as a fact, as usual

If Kuba was in his prime years maybe but he is now 36 y/o (weren't you among people complaining about "old players"?) and have went through many hard injuries... Methot is younger, more physical and better defensively. He is also more mobile and a fastest skater at this point... I just have no idea how his passing and offensive game can develop paired with Karlsson

Latendresse has been very unlucky the past 2 seasons (not 3 like you said) but with all things being equal, he is a much better hockey player than Foligno and it's not even close. The guy can make your top-6 more dangerous, unlike Foligno who is an Elite 3rd liner (in the Kelly class but really not as good defensively)

Not only that, but Methot+Latendresse is a lot cheaper... saves a lot of money for Melnyk and gives us more cap flexibility long-term

Bah, just read Dr.Sens post, the guy knows what he is talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows
Based on Kuba playing like a legit top pairing d-man (arguably #1 d-man caliber), Foligno scoring 43 even strength points (more than say, Ovechkin), Methot being worse than 6 Columbus d-men + Ryan Murray and Latendresse hardly playing at all in the last 3 years.
How could anyone read things like this without thinking that you're severely biased?

What is the most funny is that you change the song of your tune overnight, to fit your arguments... Just like the other day... see what I wrote in the "Trade Rumors and Proposals" thread :

What is funny is that YOU WHINE LIKE CRAZY when we trade Foligno for Methot, but you're also saying we should trade Michalek (who is a much much better player than Foligno) for Gorges (who is just more popular and well-known than Methot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG
I am slightly pessimistic about this short-term. I realize Kuba was not a long-term option, but I really don't think Methot should be either as a top-pairing guy if this team want to go places.
I believe Methot will only be on the top pairing this year, because we have no choice... We could see as soon as next year :

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Wiercioch
Phillips-Ceci
Borowiecki

Maybe we acquire an UFA or a D--man via trade
Wikstrand and Claesson still developping + others + new draft picks

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:44 PM
peter67

We are in a good position salary wise because as we bring in the young players and watch them become stars, we will be able to give them bigger contracts and not have to blow up the team.

Remember, it's a team game.

peter67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:55 PM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfie View Post
Are you referring to other teams or our team? Other teams might not have other options at the spots right now or the player is comfortable playing on his offside like Gonchar.

Many times players are playing on their shooting side at even strength and then switch to their opposite side on power plays to enable one timers from the point.
Sorry, my point was that almost every proposal that I've seen on this board is for ottawa to bring in a LH d-man and then puts either Methot or Phillips or Cowen on the Rh side for next year.

Their is no doubt Ottawa will need a 2nd pairing RH D-man next year. Maybe that is the Spot the Sens should be looking fill now or at the deadline.

I would like to know if there are any good RH top 4 d-man who are UFA's next year, I can't find any.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:34 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Wait... You say Kuba has been on the ice for more goals for than Karlsson. Yet Karlsson lead everyone in the league for most goals for while he was on the ice. The league.

How the **** does that work. You say that Kuba has been better offensively than Karlsson. I don't even need you to say "see the talent." ARE YOU SERIOUS? LOL SHOULD I POINT OUT POINT DIFFERENCE? Where are you getting these stats?

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:50 AM
bert

I think Methot is going to be a great partner for Karlsson as long as he stays healthy. He has a good first pass is very mobile and is more physical then Kuba.

No he doesnt have Kuba's offensive flair but he isnt going to hurt the team either.

Latendresse is a huge wild card, I am hoping between him and Regin one of them can step into Foligno's role and contribute like he did but who really knows.

The player im most worried about is Phillips, I just cant imagine him having a strong season I am sorry. He has barely been on the ice, is an older player and isnt in game shape, the season is condensed and he is going to have to play minutes. He struggled in a top 4 role last season and he is going to get even more ice time this year.

They absolutely need to find another top 4 d man before the season or this is going to be a very long short season, especially if there is an injury to Karlsson, Methot or Gonchar.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:05 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Phillips was the 5th D last season.

But I agree, finding a top 4 D would be a good idea.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:13 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Phillips was the 5th D last season.

But I agree, finding a top 4 D would be a good idea.
Well his average time on ice was slightly more then Cowen but yes its debatable between the two of them they both kindof flip flopped.

Point is there is no Cowen and Phillips has barely been on the ice and is a year older. Methot will also not log as many minutes as Kuba did plus like I mentioned earlier the schedule is condensed. Im starting to think they need two D men not just one.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote