HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Carolina to Make Early Trade

Old
01-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Could see the Rangers having some interest in McBain. Not sure they'd be willing to part with the necessary pieces though. Depends on if they think he's an upgrade over Stralman or not. Certainly an upgrade over Eminger or Bickel.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
McBain + 3rd for Gagner.

Don't think we'd trade Dalpe, he may be one of the players we're making room for. It's also tough to gauge his value.
Ugh, still don't understand the need for Gagner. Not a huge fan of McBain, but if the options were keep McBain or trade for Gagner, I'd rather keep McBain.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:59 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth Malloy View Post
I'd be very interested in Jamie McBain. Puck moving d-man who's good on the powerplay, right? What would the Canes want from the Bruins?
I like Rich Peverley. I think he would fill in nicely as our 3rd line center. Of course, with Ruutu's injury, a guy like Horton would be nice to have. But with his recent concussion problems and the fact that he only has one year left on his contract, I'm not sure..

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:02 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Ugh, still don't understand the need for Gagner. Not a huge fan of McBain, but if the options were keep McBain or trade for Gagner, I'd rather keep McBain.
I actually like Gagner, and I think he would fill in our 3rd line center position. My only beef with him is his size. Carolina needs more size and grit. Of course, with the center of our first two lines being filled by E.Staal and J.Staal, maybe we can take on a guy like Gagner for the third line and get our size somewhere else.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Sensation

Zack Smith (+) for Jamie McBain?

Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:33 PM
NYR Viper

The Rangers should have serious interest in McBain. He played with McDonagh in college, is a RD and puck mover. The defense would be set....

McDonagh-McBain
Staal-Stralman
MDZ-Girardi

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
What would Edmonton have to offer up for Mcbain and Dalpe? Or just Dalpe alone?
Dalpe is probably one of the Charlotte guys penciled in, as others have said. But I've always liked Omark, and I think he may need a change of scenery. Also, what about Hartikäinen?

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:59 PM
NYR Viper

We are bouncing this idea around on the Rangers board, but what about:

Skjei for McBain?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
I actually like Gagner, and I think he would fill in our 3rd line center position. My only beef with him is his size. Carolina needs more size and grit. Of course, with the center of our first two lines being filled by E.Staal and J.Staal, maybe we can take on a guy like Gagner for the third line and get our size somewhere else.
I've got at least 4 concerns with regard to Gagner: He's small, he's not physical, his faceoff hovers around 45% and his point production hasn't shown any upward trend in the past couple years.

Just not someone I'm overly excited about.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:46 PM
echlfreak

Vishnovsky has tried everything possible to not go to nyi. Why not offer nyi the same 2nd rd pick for him?

Canes could make a great run with

Pitkanen-Vishnovsky
Faulk-Gleason
Corvo-McBain
Harrison

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:55 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
We are bouncing this idea around on the Rangers board, but what about:

Skjei for McBain?
Hurricanes get shafted. they should be looking for someone who can help them now. a late 1st round prospect who hasn't played a pro game at any level yet for a young solid NHL defenseman? rags would have to add.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:12 PM
bsmith14

I wouldnt mind seeing Pitkanen back on the Oilers if the deal worked for both teams.

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:34 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The Rangers should have serious interest in McBain. He played with McDonagh in college, is a RD and puck mover. The defense would be set....

McDonagh-McBain
Staal-Stralman
MDZ-Girardi
Yes, it would be set. I've been thinking about McBain to NYR since the off-season for those same reasons. It may take your namesake or Hagelin to get it done though. A prospect + first rndr may also be enticing to JR.

01-11-2013, 03:47 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Yes, it would be set. I've been thinking about McBain to NYR since the off-season for those same reasons. It may take your namesake or Hagelin to get it done though. A prospect + first rndr may also be enticing to JR.
We don't have our first this year and we won't trade our 2014 first rounder. Sather didn't want to part with a 1st for Bure. He finally did it for Rick Nash. But McBain? No way.
Hagelin's value is also much higher than Boyle's.

What would Carolina want for McBain in terms of its needs?

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:17 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Sharks offer Murray and a 3rd for LaRose and a 4th? Both UFA afterr this season. Both fill a need. what say you???

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:23 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
Sharks offer Murray and a 3rd for LaRose and a 4th? Both UFA afterr this season. Both fill a need. what say you???
Already did that one only with no picks. Murray for Larose seems pretty fair.

KirbyDots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
What would Carolina want for McBain in terms of its needs?
Carolina has 2 real needs.

1) A young 3rd line center who can play now. Muller expects the 3rd line to be able to score some this year, so it's not a guy who is strictly a defensive forward.

2) A top 4 "defensive" defenseman.

I'd never say never, but I'll be very surprised if the Canes trade a defenseman to start the season (unless a solid defenseman is coming back, which kind of defeats the purpose) since there defense isn't very strong to begin with. Their defense right now is Pitkanen, McBain, Gleason, Faulk, Harrison, and Corvo (with possibly Sanguinetti as the #7). Taking one of those guys away means doesn't help them this year.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Think maybe the Isles might be in on this; Pitkanen and McBain available and the ongoing Visnovsky thing. May have to swing a deal for one of those defenseman. Plenty of pieces to make a trade work.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:30 PM
ChoseLa

Would the Canes realy trade McBain for the sole reason of making room on the roster?

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
Already did that one only with no picks. Murray for Larose seems pretty fair.
It does and I think the Canes could use Murray more than they need LaRose and would probably do that deal. They need another physical "defensive" style defenseman IMO.

But alas, it's unlikely the Canes would trade LaRose. He's played for an organization owned/affiliated with Karmanos is whole life. Compuware, Plymouth Whalers, and Hurricanes (and their minor league affiliates).

Old
01-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Would the Canes realy trade McBain for the sole reason of making room on the roster?
I don't think they would trade any defenseman to try and make room for guys from Charlotte and that's the point a number of Canes fans have been trying to make. Other than Sanguinetti, who is likely to be a#7, there's really nobody to make room for right now. Plus, in a shortened season with no training camp, there's bound to be injuries (Pitkanen usually misses 15% of a season normally).

That doesn't mean the Canes wouldn't deal McBain, but they'd have to make another move to fill the void on defense, not just trade him to make room.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:36 PM
ChoseLa

I'm pretty sure they want picks back since the whole idea is to make room for young players.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I'm pretty sure they want picks back since the whole idea is to make room for young players.
Once again, the only one who said anything about trading a defenseman was the person who posted this rumor. The Hurricanes have a bunch of young forwards ready to make the jump (in their opinion), not defenseman.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:53 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
Carolina has 2 real needs.

1) A young 3rd line center who can play now. Muller expects the 3rd line to be able to score some this year, so it's not a guy who is strictly a defensive forward.

2) A top 4 "defensive" defenseman.

I'd never say never, but I'll be very surprised if the Canes trade a defenseman to start the season (unless a solid defenseman is coming back, which kind of defeats the purpose) since there defense isn't very strong to begin with. Their defense right now is Pitkanen, McBain, Gleason, Faulk, Harrison, and Corvo (with possibly Sanguinetti as the #7). Taking one of those guys away means doesn't help them this year.
Not sure we're the best partners then. Boyle's our 3C and Torts uses him in a defensive way very much (ie. something like 70% defensive zone starts). He's still capable of scoring, but he's mainly defensive.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 05:00 PM
megajake

What interests you from the Devils for Jamie McBain? While we have a surplus of D's, we don't have much of McBain types.

megajake is offline   Reply With Quote