HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Who will the bruins fight the most?

Old
01-11-2013, 01:33 PM
pigpen65

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
Is that why he **** himself on the ice after lucic dusted him??
That wasn't because Lucic beat him. It was because he was so afraid of Adam McQuaid. Bwahahaha.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Clyde Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
That wasn't because Lucic beat him. It was because he was so afraid of Adam McQuaid. Bwahahaha.
After turtling and then holding on to his leg in the video below I would say that Kaleta is definitely afraid to fight McQuaid.

Clyde Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 05:54 PM
TieClark

Leafs. I think the Leafs under Carlyle will want to get rid of this "Bruins always run over the leafs" type thinking in the league

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:55 PM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Leafs. I think the Leafs under Carlyle will want to get rid of this "Bruins always run over the leafs" type thinking in the league
In what way?Blindness prevails with you leaf fans as usual

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:19 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
In what way?Blindness prevails with you leaf fans as usual
Blindness? All I said was I think they'd fight each other the most...

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:57 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
I think all you Bruin haters are in Dreamland

Scott wouldn't fight Thornton last time they played he only really started mouthing off to Chara when a period or the game was ending I think Thornton actually got involved.

I don't fully remember I just remember he wouldn't drop with Thornton but he was mouthing off to Chara near the end of a period
It goes back to when Thornton got his face cut open by Fernando Pisani's skate vs Chicago and he tried to go after a guy on their bench for saying something to him on his way off the ice.

40 stitches later, Thornton said, "If I ever find out who it was, I'll deal with it in my own way." John Scott told the press "He's more than welcome to come chirp at me. I'll kick the **** out of him." Next game they played, Thornton tried twice to fight him and Scott wouldn't go. Scott also backed down from the comments before the game, he may have thought Thornton was referring to Pisani. Scott was a scratch that game.

I don't know what else Thornton has to prove after fighting Boogaard, Laraque, Orr, Brashear, McGrattan, Godard, he doesn't back down from the bigger guys.

Last edited by dafoomie: 01-11-2013 at 11:05 PM.
dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:23 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Donovan View Post
After turtling and then holding on to his leg in the video below I would say that Kaleta is definitely afraid to fight McQuaid.

How many middleweights fight that far out of their weight class twice in one game? Kaleta had zero obligation to take that bout, not with the game out of hand, not after fighting Lucic. McQuaid with some bush league **** throwing on a downed opponent too, but he's always been one to take liberties when there's not somebody bigger than him on the ice.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:01 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
How many middleweights fight that far out of their weight class twice in one game? Kaleta had zero obligation to take that bout, not with the game out of hand, not after fighting Lucic. McQuaid with some bush league **** throwing on a downed opponent too, but he's always been one to take liberties when there's not somebody bigger than him on the ice.
Err, McQuaid weighs about the same as Kaleta.... and he is also one of the toughest fighters in the league.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Clyde Donovan

Quote:
I don't think Kaleta should be fighting McQuaid at all. I was responding to a poster who tried to make it sound like Kaleta would thrash McQuaid in a fight when the only evidence of an encounter between the two has Kaleta turtling and desperately clutching to McQuaid's leg like a scared child. I don't know how people don't realize how much of a beast McQuaid is. I'm not even a Bruins fans but the dude is a monster if he really wants to throw em.

Clyde Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:05 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Err, McQuaid weighs about the same as Kaleta.... and he is also one of the toughest fighters in the league.
no, plenty of heavy are better than him

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:56 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
He's got at minimum four inches, and there's pretty much no way McQuaid is under 200 where he's listed at some places. Buffalo is also pretty liberal with their weights, I doubt McCormick gained 10-15 pounds since leaving Colorado and Kaleta is much closer to 6', 195 than 6'1" 209 or whatever.

As for McQuaid being one of the "toughest fighters in the league," what has he done to deserve that honor? Score a bunch of wins against middleweights and cans? Yeah, he's the fourth toughest guy on his own team and hugely benefits from other team's toughest guys looking for Thornton, Chara and Lucic before they get to him.

And exactly one person said Kaleta would beat McQuaid. What people are saying is that Kaleta has already fought a bigger, better, tougher fighter in Lucic, there's no reason he wouldn't go with McQuaid in the right circumstances.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:12 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
no, plenty of heavy are better than him
I did not say he is the best, he certainly is not.

Quote:
He's got at minimum four inches, and there's pretty much no way McQuaid is under 200 where he's listed at some places. Buffalo is also pretty liberal with their weights, I doubt McCormick gained 10-15 pounds since leaving Colorado and Kaleta is much closer to 6', 195 than 6'1" 209 or whatever.

As for McQuaid being one of the "toughest fighters in the league," what has he done to deserve that honor? Score a bunch of wins against middleweights and cans? Yeah, he's the fourth toughest guy on his own team and hugely benefits from other team's toughest guys looking for Thornton, Chara and Lucic before they get to him.

And exactly one person said Kaleta would beat McQuaid. What people are saying is that Kaleta has already fought a bigger, better, tougher fighter in Lucic, there's no reason he wouldn't go with McQuaid in the right circumstances.
McQuaid would be the toughest player on the Sabres assuredly (Scott is not a player). And I do believe McQuaid is about 205 pounds, since when is ~10lbs a huge deal (since the poster I quoted was lamenting over the massive weight class difference)?

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:23 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
McQuaid would be the toughest player on the Sabres assuredly (Scott is not a player). And I do believe McQuaid is about 205 pounds, since when is ~10lbs a huge deal (since the poster I quoted was lamenting over the massive weight class difference)?
Foligno, Regehr, McCormick, so uh, no.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:26 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Luccic is a giant *****.

9/10 of his fights he refuses to engage multiple times until he finally catches the opponent off guard.

Hopefully the day comes that after the 3rd or 4th attempted engagement, his opponent laughs and skates away while the fans pelt Quasimodo with cat calls.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:30 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Is Prust allowed to use a step ladder when he fights Chara ?

Probably not White. He's tough, but most of the Bruins fighters are way better.
White did really well against Adam McQuaid last season (and that's not considering the pretty good size gap between them). McQuaid is obviously the better fighter, but it's certainly not in the "mismatch before it even started" category.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:31 PM
MXD

Quote:

Kaleta also got hammered pretty badly by Ryan O'byrne, who's likely the worst fighter named in this thread.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:47 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Okay? That doesn't really have to do with Kaleta being willing to fight McQuaid, just that he probably loses to him, which exactly one person is disputing.

The Buffalo/Boston fight card has a lot of variance because Chara only fights a couple of times per season and it's usually a heat of the moment thing. Excluding Chara's unpredictability and assuming everyone else is healthy (Regehr too, for the same reasons), it look something like:

Scott - Thornton, edge Scott
Lucic - McCormick, edge Lucic
McQuaid - Foligno, push
Boychuk - Kaleta, edge Boychuk
Campbell - Ott, edge Ott

Boychuk probably has the biggest mismatch. Regehr evens that up, but we're excluding each team's shutdown defensemen.

Last edited by struckbyaparkedcar: 01-12-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 02:07 PM
bud12

Quote:
Okay? That doesn't really have to do with Kaleta being willing to fight McQuaid, just that he probably loses to him, which exactly one person is disputing.

The Buffalo/Boston fight card has a lot of variance because Chara only fights a couple of times per season and it's usually a heat of the moment thing. Excluding Chara's unpredictability and assuming everyone else is healthy (Regehr too, for the same reasons), it look something like:

McQuaid - Foligno, pushBoychuk - Kaleta, edge Boychuk
Campbell - Ott, edge Ott

Boychuk probably has the biggest mismatch. Regehr evens that up, but we're excluding each team's shutdown defensemen.

easy win Mcquaid

Old
01-12-2013, 02:15 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
easy win Mcquaid
I think Marcus Foligno could give Adam McQuaid a hard time.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:18 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Imagine if the Sabres dressed John Scott and Joe Finley in a game together. The Sabres would have three players that are 6'8".

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:33 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
I think Marcus Foligno could give Adam McQuaid a hard time.
really not sure about it. Foligno never/rarely fighted a real fighter. The last one was Brennan Evans and Foligno lost and was just holding on.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:48 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

McQuaid fights more, but doesn't have a great quality of opponent either. Sure, he racks up fights, but most of them are either against much worse fighters (Martin, Crombeen) or straight up middleweights like Matt Bradley and Matt Hendricks. The only person even approaching a skilled heavy/LHW he's dropped them with is McCormick, and he played defense that entire fight.

Also, I forgot about Andrew Ference/Mike Weber. Ference prolly pushes against Ott and loses to Kaleta, and Weber slots Kaleta down but loses to Boychuk.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:05 PM
bud12

go watch Foligno fightcard, the only 2 guy that you can considere fighter are Ian Schultz and Brennan Evans. ONe was a boring draw and the other was a loss. Mcquaid have a way better fighting card even if it lack heavyweight

Old
01-13-2013, 01:56 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I did?

He's a less prolific McQuaid, because rather than a bottom pairing defenseman, he's a top six/top line forward. There's no way I'd favor McQuaid in that scrap enough to make it more than a push.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:29 AM
westernhome

Quote:

McQuaid - Foligno, push
Boychuk - Kaleta, edge Boychuk
Campbell - Ott, edge Ott

you forgot about Horton

and anger factor changes a few of these guys like McQuaid, Horton, Lucic, and Chara... when Lucic isn't mad he almost seems lazy when it comes to fighting, he is not that exciting when it comes to the "choreographed" dances. I can't help but think an angry Bruin team is much more formidable than an angry Sabre team

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote