HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: ...Reticulating Splines...

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

vCash: 500
"Intensity: give 100%. 110% is impossible, only idiots recommend that."

Old
01-11-2013, 11:45 AM
UnrealMachine

I recently began a quest, nay, spiritual journey, to watch the Steven Seagal films in order. I'm not going to dip into the 2000's, but everything else is fair game. Just watched On Deadly Ground last night. I think people forget the high-powered cast that was in that film: Steven Seagal, Michael Caine, Joan Chen, John McGinley, R. Lee Ermey, Billy Bob Thornton, Sven-Ole Thorsen, etc.

Anyway, going back a few films to Out for Justice, I'm still left pondering the question: "Anybody know why Ritchie did Bobby Lupo?"

Old
01-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
After looking the development for Sim City that comes out in March, I can't wait.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:06 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Old
01-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Awwww yeah, some Die Antwoord up in here. Man I like them, can't tell you why though. Just something about them.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
I hate both of you now.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
01-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I hate both of you now.
Easy now Bigs, i've always been on your side of the music spectra. Allow a brother to branch out a little without the hate

Old
01-11-2013, 05:52 PM
JTG

f
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Random question....

If you order something online but make a small typo in both your billing and shipping address, will you still get it if all the rest of your information is correct like your phone number, postal code, apartment number, etc.???
No idea how Canadian post office works. Post office works from the bottom up, which means your post code is of the utmost importance. If they can get it to the right post office, odds of you getting your package are very good, as you really have no idea how much your postal carrier knows about you. In my office, we have 21 routes, and if I have a letter with just a name on it, I'll scream it out, and we'll all be able to figure out where it goes. I'm actually at the point now where I can sort mail by name only, I don't even need an address.

I freaked a lady out one day because she has a box at an office where I work, but her street delivery is at my main office. I was able to rattle off her home address, he work address, her box number, and all the members of her household.

A small typo should not really inhibit you getting any sort of mail, unless the address just flat out doesn't exist in the postal code you gave. Then they will send it back, at least in America, no such street, and it will be returned to sender. If you gave a phone number, in particular, a good post office will call you. My boss actually spends a good portion of his morning hand delivering packages that we screwed up in the sorting process.

This is sort of why it bothers me when people knock the American post office because they have no idea what goes into getting them their mail, and what the post office does to get it there. There's a common misconception that postal employees make a ton of money and do absolutely nothing for it, and while that may be true for some, it's the exception, not the rule. A lot of postal employees work split shifts (I worked 4:30am-9:30am the other day, went home for a few hours, and then came back 1:30-6:30). That's a typical postal day. Some clerks in the post office make 70 grand a year, but they work 50-60 hour weeks, start at the wee hours of the morning, and stay until late at night. They make their living on overtime, and it's not the nice "oh, I'll just stay a few hours, and pick up some extra money." It's "if you leave before I tell you to, find another way of feeding your family." Guy's in the plant over Christmas were working mandatory 12 hour day, 7 day a week shifts for 6 weeks.

I can't tell you how many people come in all pissed off and say, "privatize!" not fully realizing what that means. If this was a "for profit" business, a stamp to send a letter from New York to LA wouldn't be 45 cents. It'd be a few bucks. During Christmas when we had all of our seasonal help, we were getting priority mail boxes DELIVERED from Pittsburgh to LA in 2 days.

That's my little rant.

Last edited by JTG: 01-11-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old
01-11-2013, 07:49 PM
invictus

I've always wanted to get into martial arts. However, I had LASIK a few years ago, and I am paranoid as hell about screwing upmy eyes somehow.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Mr. T

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
I recently began a quest, nay, spiritual journey, to watch the Steven Seagal films in order. I'm not going to dip into the 2000's, but everything else is fair game. Just watched On Deadly Ground last night. I think people forget the high-powered cast that was in that film: Steven Seagal, Michael Caine, Joan Chen, John McGinley, R. Lee Ermey, Billy Bob Thornton, Sven-Ole Thorsen, etc.

Anyway, going back a few films to Out for Justice, I'm still left pondering the question: "Anybody know why Ritchie did Bobby Lupo?"
I saw Marked for Death, Out for Justice and Under Siege in the theater. I was very young at the time, but what the **** is wrong with me? Perhaps a more important question is when the title of the film appeared on screen did you loudly say "Steven Seagal is..."

Old
01-11-2013, 11:30 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
f

No idea how Canadian post office works. Post office works from the bottom up, which means your post code is of the utmost importance. If they can get it to the right post office, odds of you getting your package are very good, as you really have no idea how much your postal carrier knows about you. In my office, we have 21 routes, and if I have a letter with just a name on it, I'll scream it out, and we'll all be able to figure out where it goes. I'm actually at the point now where I can sort mail by name only, I don't even need an address.

I freaked a lady out one day because she has a box at an office where I work, but her street delivery is at my main office. I was able to rattle off her home address, he work address, her box number, and all the members of her household.

A small typo should not really inhibit you getting any sort of mail, unless the address just flat out doesn't exist in the postal code you gave. Then they will send it back, at least in America, no such street, and it will be returned to sender. If you gave a phone number, in particular, a good post office will call you. My boss actually spends a good portion of his morning hand delivering packages that we screwed up in the sorting process.

This is sort of why it bothers me when people knock the American post office because they have no idea what goes into getting them their mail, and what the post office does to get it there. There's a common misconception that postal employees make a ton of money and do absolutely nothing for it, and while that may be true for some, it's the exception, not the rule. A lot of postal employees work split shifts (I worked 4:30am-9:30am the other day, went home for a few hours, and then came back 1:30-6:30). That's a typical postal day. Some clerks in the post office make 70 grand a year, but they work 50-60 hour weeks, start at the wee hours of the morning, and stay until late at night. They make their living on overtime, and it's not the nice "oh, I'll just stay a few hours, and pick up some extra money." It's "if you leave before I tell you to, find another way of feeding your family." Guy's in the plant over Christmas were working mandatory 12 hour day, 7 day a week shifts for 6 weeks.

I can't tell you how many people come in all pissed off and say, "privatize!" not fully realizing what that means. If this was a "for profit" business, a stamp to send a letter from New York to LA wouldn't be 45 cents. It'd be a few bucks. During Christmas when we had all of our seasonal help, we were getting priority mail boxes DELIVERED from Pittsburgh to LA in 2 days.

That's my little rant.
Yeah my postal code, my telephone number, my building number and even my apartment number are all correct. I just made a typo in the street name. I left out a letter by mistake I.E. say my address was 1234 Peachtree Drive. I had typed 1234 Peachtee Drive and accidentally left out the "r". But again my postal code, my telephone number, my building number and even my apartment number are all correct.

Hopefully I'll be ok.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:28 AM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Who's into InuYasha?

Old
01-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
My train trip is starting to take form...and I may actually have a travel companion, which was entirely unexpected.

As it stands right now...the route goes up to Portland to pick up my friend, on to Vancouver, Seattle, New York, Montreal, Quebec City, Montreal, New York, and then fly back to LA.

That's going to be a solid 7 days on a train. I wanted it to be a circuitous route...but that was just going to take too long. I'd rather include Montreal and Quebec City than spend an extra 4 days on a train.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:32 AM
crane

It's after midnight on the left coast. I'm drinking Boddingtons or as my wife calls it Body Towns.

Anyone else up?

Old
01-12-2013, 02:36 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

So I went to another OHL game last night between the Kitchener Rangers and the Sarnia Sting and I won a free Wendy's chilli. It's some promotion they have where if the Rangers score 5 or more goals during a home game, everyone gets a free Wendy's chill the next day.

Pretty cool evening. A free game (since my fiancee won the tickets for last night's game in a raffle at work) and a free chilli.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:33 AM
JTG

Quote:
Yeah my postal code, my telephone number, my building number and even my apartment number are all correct. I just made a typo in the street name. I left out a letter by mistake I.E. say my address was 1234 Peachtree Drive. I had typed 1234 Peachtee Drive and accidentally left out the "r". But again my postal code, my telephone number, my building number and even my apartment number are all correct.

Hopefully I'll be ok.
You'll be fine.

Quote:
So I went to another OHL game last night between the Kitchener Rangers and the Sarnia Sting and I won a free Wendy's chilli. It's some promotion they have where if the Rangers score 5 or more goals during a home game, everyone gets a free Wendy's chill the next day.

Pretty cool evening. A free game (since my fiancee won the tickets for last night's game in a raffle at work) and a free chilli.
Pens chili goal is(?)/was 7 I believe.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:47 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
You'll be fine.

Pens chili goal is(?)/was 7 I believe.
Yeah it was 7 IIRC.

Aside from the chilli goal, it was interesting because it was 80's Rangers alumni night at our arena and one of said Rangers OHL alumni is Brian Bellows. I had forgotten all about that, so when they mentioned him (I can't remember if he was actually there last night at the presentation or not..but I think so) I immediately thought of that old and infamously classic Pens/North Stars video. Y'know the one where Artie and Trottier are heckling him while on the bench??

Needless to say being reminded of that gave me a chuckle.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:20 AM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
I've always wanted to get into martial arts. However, I had LASIK a few years ago, and I am paranoid as hell about screwing upmy eyes somehow.
Rec specs?

Old
01-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

So it's going to be 12 degrees (54 for you heathens who use Fahrenheit) in Toronto today. In January. I think I might just walk around in a t-shirt and shorts for effect.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marns View Post
So it's going to be 12 degrees (54 for you heathens who use Fahrenheit) in Toronto today. In January. I think I might just walk around in a t-shirt and shorts for effect.
Of course, you mean 285. Kelvin or bust

Old
01-12-2013, 08:11 AM
UnrealMachine

It's going to be 60 degrees in Pittsburgh today. I've been mtn biking in the snow/ice during the last couple weeks so I'll probably get heat stroke while biking today. It will also make it that much tougher to ride in the snow again

Old
01-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Of course, you mean 285. Kelvin or bust
Haha, maybe you should petition TV news meteorologists to start using Kelvin. Shake things up a bit.

In other news, my girlfriend and I have been on a tear and nearly completed the two seasons of Homeland in just over a week. (Please no spoiling what happens in the S2 season finale!) Excellent show, however I have no idea where the hell they can go next season. I get a feeling it might be like Lost in that it'll drag on for the sake of dragging on. Breaking Bad on the other hand, knows exactly where to end it all.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:37 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

I was halfway out the door to KFC when I realized we had chicken here. I just had a hughmingous plate of leftovers.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

So any time my GF visits she seems to get sick. This time its the flu.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:55 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
So any time my GF visits she seems to get sick. This time its the flu.
Gently soften. Get her tissues.

Closed Thread