HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He received a cheap-shot from Millman, from what I've heard from Sags fans. No news yet if he'll play vs Sherbrooke tonight.
ok thanks for the update, the play happened quickly so I missed it, anyways, hope he gets some luck on the injury front

Old
01-11-2013, 07:07 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
ok thanks for the update, the play happened quickly so I missed it, anyways, hope he gets some luck on the injury front
He's apparently in the lineup tonight, so he must be fine.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:49 PM
That

Hudon just picked up a goal. Looking great so far.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Saskatoon game underway. I'd like to have Michael Ferland on our prospect list.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Come on Thrower.....could you please be more aggressive?

Dietz looking solid....Thrower with another bad pinch, looking tentative and almost uninterested. Strange how that 2nd year goes on for him. I hope it's just a question of having an average year....

On another note....what the heck happened to Lukas Sutter? I know, he wasn't known for his IQ or anything, yet, looked awfully solid last year and this year....another player with a tough 2nd year.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 01-11-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old
01-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Way more impressed by Dietz in that period than Thrower.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:50 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Yep.. Thrower doesnt look good at all..

Old
01-11-2013, 08:52 PM
pcamp

Quote:
Why is Dietz playing with a vault pole? His stick looks really long. Anyone else think he might be on a 2nd PP unit in the NHL one day?

Old
01-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I like Dietz from the day we drafted him and before. I'm not impress by him, actually he was my darkhorse to impress in this year's camp if we had one. Not saying he would have made it....but he would have impressed. This guy will be a NHL'er.

Now Thrower.....this is getting scary. Might just be an off year....what a stupid year though to have it off, the year of the Mem Cup. I know it was also some bad luck but so far it's incredibly bad. And it's not solely about the stats....we keep hearing how bad he'd look and if he indeed look often that bad, I understood those healthy scratches....Again, let's hope it's an off-year and not a sign of a ceiling to be reached soon....Yet, this looks more like a willingness to make a difference than a talent that is not there. So I guess there's room for improvement. Looked really bad in the 1st to say the least.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:57 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Thrower has always scared me. You guys were all raving about him prior to the draft and I always felt strange about whether or not he was a legitimate prospect. Of course, when we got him and having heard the hype on this board before his selection by the Habs, I got excited because of the board's enthusiasm.

One half-season does not a career make. I was simply hoping for something more to be impressed by when I was always somewhat on the fence.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Thrower has always scared me. You guys were all raving about him prior to the draft and I always felt strange about whether or not he was a legitimate prospect. Of course, when we got him and having heard the hype on this board before his selection by the Habs, I got excited because of the board's enthusiasm.

One half-season does not a career make. I was simply hoping for something more to be impressed by when I was always somewhat on the fence.
Well it was easy to be excited by him. Coming on as a rookie with 54 points in 60ish games. Great offensive instincts, great shot, toughness on top of it, yet a defensive game to work on but an overall good looking prospect that some had in their 1st round, though I didn't. But early to mid 2nd round for me. Like....I would have easily picked Thrower instead of Moroz....Personnally, I loved the pick....but would have picked Boo Nieves instead.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Last year was actually Thrower's 3rd WHL season, WS.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:15 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well it was easy to be excited by him. Coming on as a rookie with 54 points in 60ish games. Great offensive instincts, great shot, toughness on top of it, yet a defensive game to work on but an overall good looking prospect that some had in their 1st round, though I didn't. But early to mid 2nd round for me. Like....I would have easily picked Thrower instead of Moroz....Personnally, I loved the pick....but would have picked Boo Nieves instead.
Yeah, Boo Nieves likely would have been one of my selections ahead of Thrower as well.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Makarov WJC hangover....

Old
01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Last year was actually Thrower's 3rd WHL season, WS.
True. He's actually playing his 4th season now.....That's scarier. Though he was coming in pretty young obviously. But you have to see improvements in junior. Rarely will you see a guy not improving and have a lot of success in higher league.

Again though, let's hope that his "suspensions" and injuries have a lot to do with this.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:39 PM
NewHabsEra*

Dietz is an intriguing prospect but will have to get faster.. Its a shame this Saskatoon team will host the memorial cup, they dont have a team to compete against the best of each leagues..

Old
01-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Nice move from Thrower prior to the goal though he had a weak wrist shot.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:02 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I love doing r.j.broadhead's voice as an over exaggerated Peter Griffin voice.

If I have to hear that shreddies commercial one more time...

Old
01-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Et le But

I love Thrower's skill set but his attitude this year concerns me...he just doesn't seem as involved as he should. He's not good enough to act like that. Definitely not one to write off..but he's the only prospect from that draft class who is giving me second doubts, and that is including Nystrom who is at a .5 ppg clip in the SEL-2.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

I made some less than flattering remarks about Thrower a few months ago and I got a little different reaction from the faithful but that's the way it goes.

One thing I think is we should be looking at d-men in this years draft, if not more then at least the same amount as we are forwards. I'll be a lot happier if we have 2 more potential top 4 d-men in our system and one of them should have top 2 potential.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:45 PM
That

Poor game from both Thrower and Dietz.

Thrower was way too passive, no urgency or aggressiveness in his game whatsoever. He got better with the puck later on in the game, but still was poor defensively. It's even more disappointing because he's been playing some good hockey lately. It has been a while since he's played this poorly.

Like Thrower, Dietz was too passive to start the game. As the game wore on I thought he started trying to do too much, but he had a fairly decent third period.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
rockjngo

I was at the game today and saw these two.

Dalton Thrower-he has hockey smarts and knows how to move the puck but he lacks the speed in the NHL. May be a 5-6th dman in the NHL.

Darren Dietz- I think he's a long shot to make the NHL. Doesn't have that hockey IQ nor speed. his skating isn't fluid,

I think as a Hab's fan, we overrate our prospects.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Poor game from both Thrower and Dietz.

Thrower was way too passive, no urgency or aggressiveness in his game whatsoever. He got better with the puck later on in the game, but still was poor defensively. It's even more disappointing because he's been playing some good hockey lately. It has been a while since he's played this poorly.

Like Thrower, Dietz was too passive to start the game. As the game wore on I thought he started trying to do too much, but he had a fairly decent third period.
Don't agree for Dietz but I'm biased. Though I did miss the end of 2nd and the start of the 3rd, I thought he looked pretty solid all around. Thrower though....geez.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I was at the game today and saw these two.

Dalton Thrower-he has hockey smarts and knows how to move the puck but he lacks the speed in the NHL. May be a 5-6th dman in the NHL.

Darren Dietz- I think he's a long shot to make the NHL. Doesn't have that hockey IQ nor speed. his skating isn't fluid,

I think as a Hab's fan, we overrate our prospects.
Our head scout is the 2nd best for prospects that have reached the NHL. So thinking they'll make it is not too far fetched. How great they will, well then....we might be overrating it yet, visit other team's board and everybody does it as well. Easy to overrate a prospect as they are just that....prospects. We can't know their real ceilings. We can't know their real dedication to the game and so on. Not to mention that I totally disagree on Dietz but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Tonight's Mark MacMillan's goal.....have fun!

Old
01-11-2013, 11:09 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Tonight's Mark MacMillan's goal.....have fun!

Comin' through!

Wow!

Closed Thread