HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:

Old
01-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
Could any of you that have watched lots of Barons games this season give me an idea of how Hartikainen has played? His numbers are solid but he has been putting up solid AHL numbers since he came over. Thanks.
He's definitely been one of the bright spots outside of the big three am Schultz. Since he was put on a line with Paajarvi and lander, they've both upped their games. I think it's consensus on these boards that he deserves a full time spot on the Oilers.

Mr Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
He's definitely been one of the bright spots outside of the big three am Schultz. Since he was put on a line with Paajarvi and lander, they've both upped their games. I think it's consensus on these boards that he deserves a full time spot on the Oilers.
Maybe it's just me but IMO his play especially at ES hasn't been that great his last 5-10 games and he hasn't been very physical either. That said he's still very good in front of the net on the PP.

01-06-2013, 04:26 AM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Now that the lockout is over it's time to see if the Barons are able to fend for themselves.

I wonder if they'll still have Hall, Eberle and Schultz play today.

Edit: Looks like no as expected. Jordan Eberle ‏@ebs_14
Thanks to all the fans who stayed patient and especially the coaches and boys of the OKC Barons. Had a blast and hope to see you guys soon

Last edited by RipsADrive: 01-06-2013 at 09:57 AM.
RipsADrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Hockey Nightmare
Welcome to Edmonton

At least they get to end it on a positive win!

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:38 AM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 50
Well, this team wasn't fantastic even with Ebs, Schultz, and Hall... Should be interesting to watch where they go from here.

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Soli
"Punish & Enslave"

I'm pretty sure Hall and Eberle are pulled from the lineup today. I'd imagine Schultz as well. Paajarvi and Harski should be getting calls too.

We'll see who plays today. Do the Barons have enough healthy scratches to fill the lineup?

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:02 AM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

I expect Cornet and Rajala and maybe even Martindale are getting called up from Stockton as we speak. Probably wont make the game today, but you gotta figure that's how the Barons will be looking to replace their stars. I've watched every game this year, and since I bought the season AHLlive pass, I guess I'll keep watching. Very curious to see what guys like Pitlick, Lander, Hamilton, and Marincin will do with bigger roles. Sink or swim time, boys. No more NHL-calibre life jackets to keep you afloat!

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:06 AM
thirtybelow

Just catching TSN, and for those wondering, like Soli just said, Jordan Eberle said that him, Hall, and Schultz were pulled from the lineup today and they're headed back to OKC. He did not mention Paajarvi or Harti, however.

thirtybelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Maybe it's just me but IMO his play especially at ES hasn't been that great his last 5-10 games and he hasn't been very physical either. That said he's still very good in front of the net on the PP.
Thanks. Glad to hear that he's been playing well and I'm definitely rooting for him to get a top 9 spot this year. Seems like he's the type of player that our team needs to take the next step.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:25 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I'm pretty sure Hall and Eberle are pulled from the lineup today. I'd imagine Schultz as well. Paajarvi and Harski should be getting calls too.

We'll see who plays today. Do the Barons have enough healthy scratches to fill the lineup?
There going to be in tough for this weekend when it comes to bodies IMO, but come next week I think things will get better. Could see the Oil picking up some vets off waivers just as a stop gap until they see what they really have. I have been worried about the d as losing Schultz is really going to hurt, even if they do get Potter at some point they will need Plante/teubert to really step up.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
I expect Cornet and Rajala and maybe even Martindale are getting called up from Stockton as we speak. Probably wont make the game today, but you gotta figure that's how the Barons will be looking to replace their stars. I've watched every game this year, and since I bought the season AHLlive pass, I guess I'll keep watching. Very curious to see what guys like Pitlick, Lander, Hamilton, and Marincin will do with bigger roles. Sink or swim time, boys. No more NHL-calibre life jackets to keep you afloat!
@TheChrisWescott: It has begun... #Oilers assign Cornet, Martindale & Rajala to #OKCBarons from Stockton

Usual_Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Hans Moleman
Was saying Boortuzzi

Cornet will help the overall offense of the team, and Rajala will definitely help the shootout percentage of the team. Martindale is a big competitor. I think the Barons will be all right.

Hans Moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Moleman View Post
Cornet will help the overall offense of the team, and Rajala will definitely help the shootout percentage of the team. Martindale is a big competitor. I think the Barons will be all right.
Personally I think that Rajala will add more to the teams offense than Cornet will. It's also time to see what Martindale's got seeing as he hasn't exactly torn up the ECHL.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Hans Moleman
Was saying Boortuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Personally I think that Rajala will add more to the teams offense than Cornet will. It's also time to see what Martindale's got seeing as he hasn't exactly torn up the ECHL.
Yea, Rajala has been pretty impressive in Stockton, and he did shine during his brief stint in OKC (I made specific mention of the shootout because we were all lamenting how bad we were at shootouts, and he has the moves like Jagr on it.). However, Cornet has more AHL experience and proved he can put up numbers last year; it was really surprising that he was sent down at the beginning of the year. All in all, the team has pretty amazing depth at forward. Defense on the other hand...

Hans Moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:19 AM
harpoon

Too bad all the free AHL streams went away as soon as the end of the lockout was announced.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Damn, the Springfield Falcons signed Bryan Helmer today. The Barons should have brought him back.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Baronsfan

The Barons signed Andrew Hotham to a PTO, per many sources on twitter. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=76975

Hockeydb has him listed as a forward, but the ECHL site has him as a D man, so another D man to a PTO.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
The Barons signed Andrew Hotham to a PTO, per many sources on twitter. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=76975

Hockeydb has him listed as a forward, but the ECHL site has him as a D man, so another D man to a PTO.
Barons have him as a dman
http://t.co/dCQsPPFo

Quote:
The Oklahoma City Barons signed defenseman Andrew Hotham to a PTO, General Manager Bill Scott announced.

Hotham, a 6-2, 185-pounder from Barrie, Ontario has split time this season between the Cincinnati Cyclones and Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL. Through 30 games between the two teams, he has scored 23 points (5-18-23) and served 41 penalty minutes. He played the majority of last season with Wheeling, scoring 44 points (8-36-44) in 52 games. Hotham has played four AHL games, two with Rochester during the 10-11 season and two with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins last season. In all, he has played 100 professional games, scoring 70 points (14-56-70).

Prior to turning pro, he played four seasons at St. Mary’s University. In 109 games over four seasons, the 26-year old scored 148 points (34-114-148). Before his career at St. Mary’s, he competed at the junior level for four seasons splitting time between the Erie Otters, Barrie Colts and Saginaw Spirit. In 187 games over those four seasons, he recorded 137 points (36-101-137).

Usual_Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM
scid14

zBarons/Checkers game starting now.

Hotham is starting the night with Fedun.

27 seconds in Checkers score

Rajala responds with a post

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:09 PM
s7ark

Ouch, Barons down 3-0 near half way through. This team is going to get killed without the kids.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:32 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Wow, are the Barons ever getting destroyed tonight...

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:39 PM
40oz

Yeah, it's getting ugly out there... Pitlick, MPS, Lander all -3 so far.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
Wow, are the Barons ever getting destroyed tonight...
Think about how tomorrow will be. OkC will be without Paajarvi, Teubert, Hartikaknen, and Vande Velde. OKC's 2nd PP forward unit consists of two AHL goals all season. Rajala-Martindale-Pitlick. One for Pitlick, one for Rajala, and goose egg for Martindale. Lol

On a positive note, Rajala should've been in OKC all season long. Would've helped spark a lot of missing offense.

Without looking at the stat sheet, I think Paajarvi-Lander-Pitlick has been on the ice for atleast 4 goals against.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Kayen
Dubnykov

5-0 Charlotte now...

Kayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

7-0?...wow. If there was any question before as to whether they completely carried the team...

Insta is online now   Reply With Quote