HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

The Leafs

Old
01-11-2013, 06:40 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
The Leafs

Anyone else surpised with Burke there for so long and Carlyle coming on this past season that the leafs have one of the softer lineups in the league.

The only legit fighter on the team is Brown and hes a middleweight that no one is really afraid of. Phaneuf and Komisarek fight a bit but Dion more often then not backs down from fights because hes their top dman. Losing Schenn will hurt them even if he wasnt a great figher.

They arent tough to play against either really, Phaneuf throws big hits and thats about it, the forward group is pretty soft too. I'm just surprised this hasnt been addressed because it seems like Orr's time with the leafs is done. Burkie left them with arguably the softest line up in the league

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 06:41 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Anyone else surpised with Burke there for so long and Carlyle coming on this past season that the leafs have one of the softer lineups in the league.

The only legit fighter on the team is Brown and hes a middleweight that no one is really afraid of. Phaneuf and Komisarek fight a bit but Dion more often then not backs down from fights because hes their top dman. Losing Schenn will hurt them even if he wasnt a great figher.

They arent tough to play against either really, Phaneuf throws big hits and thats about it, the forward group is pretty soft too. I'm just surprised this hasnt been addressed because it seems like Orr's time with the leafs is done. Burkie left them with arguably the softest line up in the league
They aren't that soft, nor were they. Brown, Orr, Rosehill, Schenn, Komisarek, Phaneuf all there last year. Schenn and Rosehill are out this year but they aren't pushovers. The real issue is their top 6 is softer than warm butter.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:09 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
They aren't that soft, nor were they. Brown, Orr, Rosehill, Schenn, Komisarek, Phaneuf all there last year. Schenn and Rosehill are out this year but they aren't pushovers. The real issue is their top 6 is softer than warm butter.
Theyre missing the three toughest guys from the names you just listed.. What team is softer?

Old
01-11-2013, 07:13 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Theyre missing the three toughest guys from the names you just listed.. What team is softer?
They aren't missing Orr and Brown is a lot tougher than Schenn.

Habs are softer, Red Wings are softer, Ottawa is softer... that's just off the top of my head.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:47 PM
bud12

Quote:

Habs are softer, Red Wings are softer, Ottawa is softer... that's just off the top of my head.
if Orr isn't in leaf line up (good chance), Habs and Sens will be more tough

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:54 PM
cashman rules*

Orr is one punch away from retirement,love the guy 100% but i hope he stays away from the heavys!

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:58 PM
newfy

Quote:

Brown is a small guy who isnt scaring anyone.. Orr hasnt been with the team and is one punch away from scrambled eggs for a brain. I highly doubt hes with the team. If he is I'll reconsider my stance. This thread wasnt just about fighting either, its about being hard to play against and fighting

Prust, White, Moen, and Bouillion can all scrap. I would say Montreal is tougher then them. Especialy with guys like Subban being hard to play against.

Ottawa being softer is a joke. Neil, Smith, Greening, and Cowen make for a tougher team then Brown, Komisarek and Phaneuf.

Detroit has Tootoo who is just as tough as any leaf, Brendan Smith, Abdelkader and Ericcson who would have no problem going with guys like Komisarek and Phaneuf. Theyre definitely not softer, probably more on the same level but also have Kronwall crushing guys on the back end. Brown also isnt much of a hitter really, not a lot of big hits to his name whereas Tootoo is one of the harder hitters out there. I guess you can throw Bertuzzi in there as well for someone who can step up.

None of those teams are softer then Toronto, maybe a couple are comparable but if anything those teams actually have a bit of an edge in toughness

Old
01-11-2013, 10:08 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
Orr is one punch away from retirement,love the guy 100% but i hope he stays away from the heavys!
He is a heavy...No middleweight is going to fight him.

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:22 PM
pigpen65

Definitely one of the softest teams in the league, if not the softest. Unbelievable that this is a team Brian Burke built. Maybe he was trying to sabotage them and that's the reason he was fired. Definitely doesn't seem like a group he would have assembled on purpose.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:57 AM
PJ StockBB

Quote:

none of the teams you listed are softer then the leafs. the leafs are easily the softest in the Northeast and one of the softest in the entire league. i hate using AINEC but in this case...AINEC

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:18 AM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
none of the teams you listed are softer then the leafs. the leafs are easily the softest in the Northeast and one of the softest in the entire league. i hate using AINEC but in this case...AINEC
They're all softer AINEC

Quote:
Brown is a small guy who isnt scaring anyone.. Orr hasnt been with the team and is one punch away from scrambled eggs for a brain. I highly doubt hes with the team. If he is I'll reconsider my stance. This thread wasnt just about fighting either, its about being hard to play against and fighting

Prust, White, Moen, and Bouillion can all scrap. I would say Montreal is tougher then them. Especialy with guys like Subban being hard to play against.

Ottawa being softer is a joke. Neil, Smith, Greening, and Cowen make for a tougher team then Brown, Komisarek and Phaneuf.

Detroit has Tootoo who is just as tough as any leaf, Brendan Smith, Abdelkader and Ericcson who would have no problem going with guys like Komisarek and Phaneuf. Theyre definitely not softer, probably more on the same level but also have Kronwall crushing guys on the back end. Brown also isnt much of a hitter really, not a lot of big hits to his name whereas Tootoo is one of the harder hitters out there. I guess you can throw Bertuzzi in there as well for someone who can step up.

None of those teams are softer then Toronto, maybe a couple are comparable but if anything those teams actually have a bit of an edge in toughness
Brown was a great fighter last year.... go take a look at his scraps. He beat the s**t out of White, was in a great fight with Staubitz (MTL)... but seriously? You're going to call Subban being a tough guy to play against? He would get destroyed by Phaneuf, Komisarek even.. I mean guys on the leafs that rarely fight. He couldn't even do anything against Lupul ffs.

As for Ottawa... again. You're going to say Brown isn't a guy that is scaring anybody but then start listing guys like Neil and Greening? Really? Ottawa doesn't have anyone that could fight Orr at this point, and Brown is a better fighter than anyone on Ottawa as well.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:44 AM
bud12

Quote:
They're all softer AINEC

Brown was a great fighter last year.... go take a look at his scraps. He beat the s**t out of White, was in a great fight with Staubitz (MTL)... but seriously? You're going to call Subban being a tough guy to play against? He would get destroyed by Phaneuf, Komisarek even.. I mean guys on the leafs that rarely fight. He couldn't even do anything against Lupul ffs.

As for Ottawa... again. You're going to say Brown isn't a guy that is scaring anybody but then start listing guys like Neil and Greening? Really? Ottawa doesn't have anyone that could fight Orr at this point, and Brown is a better fighter than anyone on Ottawa as well.
no, he didn't beat the **** out of White, he got the win but didn't destroy White.
MTL have Prust,Moen and White. TOR have Brown. Mtl is tougher. And lol at Brown is a better fighter than Neil. Put your homer glasses off for a few minutes, maybe that would help you with your judgment

Last edited by bud12: 01-12-2013 at 10:49 AM.
bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:52 PM
newfy

Quote:
They're all softer AINEC

Greening isnt Ottawas toughest player, Neil is and Neil is a much tougher fighter. Not to mention one of the hardest hitting forwards in the league. Brown had a great year fighting last year with some good fights against good fighters, but a lot of his wins came against mediocre middleweights as well. The Kris Newburys and Kostopolous's of the league might not handle Brown very well but there are a lot of guys who can.

Again you keep assuming Orr is on the team even though he didnt play at all last season. I already said if he does end up on the team I would reconsider my stance but as of right now he isnt on the team.

And if you dont think Subban is tough to play against you dont watch hockey. Hes an agitating player who hits extremely hard. Yeah he isnt a great fighter or anything but neither is a guy like Kronwall and I would say its tough to play with the thought of getting lit up by those 2 even if they dont fight.

Face it man, the leafs are arguably the softest team in the league after having Burke as their manager for like 3 or 4 years now