HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Col - Tor

Old
01-11-2013, 05:15 PM
The Saurus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Um... ROR is 21... The points he put up last year are pretty much equivalent to every season Kessel had prior to last years at age 24. Kessel also played in a more offensive system with Lupul as a linemate and more offensive defencemen on the team.

Not to mention ROR is very good defensively, he was something like 4th in overall PK time LEAGUE wide in his first season at the age of 18, Kessel hasnt even had a cup of coffee on the PK yet because he's scared of physical contact and doesnt know what to do in his own end. We're talking about a likely Selke winner or at least a candidate going forward who looks like he has the potential to put up pretty big points.

I wouldnt write ROR off as a 2nd line C.
From what I've seen, ROR will not top out as a number one center and a number one center is the kind of piece we should be targeting if the Leafs trade Phil Kessel.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
What a scary thread. Gardiner will not get you Duchene and how defensive some posters are about the Ave not being interested is sad.

Avs would be tempted by the OP, can't say how we'd react to a UFA Kessel though assuming this occurred in the offseason, doubt it'd be this season.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Heista18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
What a scary thread. Gardiner will not get you Duchene and how defensive some posters are about the Ave not being interested is sad.

Avs would be tempted by the OP, can't say how we'd react to a UFA Kessel though assuming this occurred in the offseason, doubt it'd be this season.
Ave44's friend is here to save the day. Let me clear the air on behalf of all the intelligent leaf fans. We don't offer gards for duchene and we want no part of stastny or ror. Good on you for expressing your emotions and frustration though. As for the OP no kidding you'd be interested and good work on sounding like you might think about it. NO deal to be made with the purple shirts.

Heista18* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:24 PM
seanlinden

What would the Avs want for Ryan O'Byrne or Shane O'Brien?

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Whatcha got in mind? O'Brien we'd all move for a reasonable asset around the 2nd round pick type value.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:08 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Whatcha got in mind? O'Brien we'd all move for a reasonable asset around the 2nd round pick type value.
What are the Avs looking for?

Picks / young prospects? If so, what position?
Older prospects / immidiate help? If so, what position?

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heista18 View Post
Ave44's friend is here to save the day. Let me clear the air on behalf of all the intelligent leaf fans. We don't offer gards for duchene and we want no part of stastny or ror. Good on you for expressing your emotions and frustration though. As for the OP no kidding you'd be interested and good work on sounding like you might think about it. NO deal to be made with the purple shirts.
At least spell my name right. And my friend? No, hardly. We are just being logical. You keep Gardiner, we keep all our centers? Deal? Deal. Glad someone finally does not want our centers. If only more Leaf fans agreed with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
O'Byrne I want to keep. He is actually pretty good, and very underrated around here.

As for O'Brien...ignoring the fact that we just re-signed him, so he is unlikely to be traded, I would give him to you for a 3rd round pick. Seriously, all yours. Other I'm sure will disagree with me though.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote