HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 03:11 AM
afinch1992

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Extra $15 ontop of the price of '13 and you get Gretzky and some have gotten Williams, Bernier, Gagne. I got Williams, Bernier, Gretzky and a few others. It was very much worth it. Got my Captain for $15.
i wish i would have know id be so in to HUT when I got the game. I definitely would have paid the extra. Ive already spent twice that on packs that havent gotten me jack. I'm trying to buy the promo code by itself, but its not an easy task it appears.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Dmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Finally!!! Just finished building my team after getting an UT Letang for a bid of 66k. I'm still looking to get a starting goalie, probably gonna go with either SOTW Lehtonen or SOTW Smith, but I'm not worried about that right now since my SOTW Lindback is trained up to a 94 overall with a 10 game duration on him so I'll be rolling with him for the first 10 games and just use some crappy back-up for now. Here's my line-up that took me over a month to finish constructing:

Parise - Giroux C - Kovalchuk
Gagne - Duchene - Kessel
St. Louis - Kesler - Carter A
Bourque - Vermette - Pavelski

Phaneuf - Letang
Suter A - Green
Kronwall - Pietrangelo

SOTW Lindback (94 overall for 10 games)

99 chemistry and about 32,000 salary.

How many pucks did it take you

Old
01-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmd View Post
How many pucks did it take you
Parise (57k) - Giroux C (100k) - Kovalchuk (155k)
Gagne (19.5k) - Duchene (2.5k) - Kessel (free)
St. Louis (16.5k) - Kesler (40k) - Carter A (13.5k)
Bourque (8k) - Vermette (3.5k) - Pavelski (4k)

Phaneuf (pack) - Letang (66k)
Suter A (5k) - Green (17k)
Kronwall (16k) - Pietrangelo (17k)

SOTW Lindback (15k)

You do the math, I'm too lazy too.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:25 AM
liquid swords
bring the ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdybeat View Post
Words cannot express my frustration with HUT right now. I have been doing pretty well lately, almost a 2-1 w/l ratio over the last couple weeks. However, yesterday I went 2-5 and today I went 1-6-1.. I honestly can't pinpoint it, I really feel the pendulum of luck swinging. Admittedly I deserved to lose a couple of my 0-6-1 slump today, but I really felt the upper hand in most of the games... but NO bounces going my way, and a buffed Lehtonen letting in so many softies.... I bought a couple packs for retail therapy in hopes of pulling one of the many amazing SOTWs going on, got nothing on 3 mega packs but a Kipper and Simmonds, and some decent consumables. Maybe I just need to take a little break from HUT =P

Current lineup...

Zetterberg(C)/Kesler(A)/Nash
Couture/Pavelski(A)/Marleau
Vermette/Carter/M.Richards
Neal/Dubinsky/SOTW Clutterbuck

Phaneuf/Burns
Keith/E. Johnson
Suter/Subban

Lehtonon/Niemi

I really need to work on utilizing my D more.. gonna get rid of E.J soon, his speed shows 85, but I feel he burns out sooo fast on a shift and is easy to take advantage of.
my frustration level is an at all time high with this game. i'm on a terrible losing streak i think i am like 3-13 over the past couple days. none of my goalies can stop anything, and i am rotating SOTW lehtonen, hasek, and rinne. i lost a game yesterday where the guy scored 3 goals on hasek on 7 shots. and it's not like i'm giving up breakaway after breakaway or odd man rushes or anything. none of my goalies are stopping what should be routine shots.

then i spend 2/3 of the game in the other guys end and am peppering his goalie with shots and get absolutely stonewalled. or guys just miss the net entirely. it's so frustrating. at this point i don't even have fun playing anymore. if anyone wants to offer me real cash for these players:

marleau-gretzky-malkin
hall-kesler-pominville
gagne-m. richards-sotw williams
booth-RNH-nash

phaneuf-myers
kronwall-burns
sotw ehrhoff-suter

sotw lehtonen
hasek
rinne

ex.

UT nash
UT gaborik
p. kane
d. roy
havlat
horton (x2)
SOTW brodeur
SOTW m subban
bouwmeester
giordano
doughty
j. johnson
e. johnson

and a whole bunch of other good players... i might be willing to just sell the team off and say **** this ****** piece of **** until they hopefully fix the game next year. i'm on 360. make me offers.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:44 PM
afinch1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid swords View Post
my frustration level is an at all time high with this game. i'm on a terrible losing streak i think i am like 3-13 over the past couple days. none of my goalies can stop anything, and i am rotating SOTW lehtonen, hasek, and rinne. i lost a game yesterday where the guy scored 3 goals on hasek on 7 shots. and it's not like i'm giving up breakaway after breakaway or odd man rushes or anything. none of my goalies are stopping what should be routine shots.

then i spend 2/3 of the game in the other guys end and am peppering his goalie with shots and get absolutely stonewalled. or guys just miss the net entirely. it's so frustrating. at this point i don't even have fun playing anymore. if anyone wants to offer me real cash for these players:

marleau-gretzky-malkin
hall-kesler-pominville
gagne-m. richards-sotw williams
booth-RNH-nash

phaneuf-myers
kronwall-burns
sotw ehrhoff-suter

sotw lehtonen
hasek
rinne

ex.

UT nash
UT gaborik
p. kane
d. roy
havlat
horton (x2)
SOTW brodeur
SOTW m subban
bouwmeester
giordano
doughty
j. johnson
e. johnson

and a whole bunch of other good players... i might be willing to just sell the team off and say **** this ****** piece of **** until they hopefully fix the game next year. i'm on 360. make me offers.
sorry to hear. I'd take a break for a few days if I were you. Although if you were on PS3 id probably buy your team

Old
01-11-2013, 03:14 PM
JaredCowenFan
PS4: SenzFan2

I'm 3-0-0 on the Weekly Leaderboards. I have had no problem scoring lately and if Hasek or Fluery(Hasek's being playing alot and pretty good) lets in some flub goals it's ok as I can come back. I've been scoring the #1 glitch goal for people(I believe) the Backhand Forehand short side goal like crazy. It's like I'm playing on Rookie VS. the Comp. I just blow by the guy and boom. I've outscored my opponent 18-8 in those 3 games alone. I'm really starting to become fond of Grabner SOTW since I've put him on my 1st line swapping with Benn SOTW. Man that has to be the best $50K I've ever spent. Grabs SOTW is a beast, that speed is sexy.

Does anyone have any position training cards FT/FS? I'm looking for some. LMK.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Even with the captain card on my Giroux I must say he gets knocked down ridiculously easily. Might have to trade him and some pucks for Malkin. Also not feeling too hot about Phaneuf, Kronwall, and Pietrangelo. They're all a bit too slow for my taste.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:27 PM
JaredCowenFan

Quote:
Even with the captain card on my Giroux I must say he gets knocked down ridiculously easily. Might have to trade him and some pucks for Malkin. Also not feeling too hot about Phaneuf, Kronwall, and Pietrangelo. They're all a bit too slow for my taste.
Your not the only one.

He gets hit like crazy and worse than that he's been injured more than 10 times atleast since I've had him. Bought him for $116K and he's soon gunna have 116 injuries, lol. I got the 'A' on him though. But I still like him.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
ChipDouglas

Quote:
I find Gretzky to be like that. For a "91" he's not nearly effective enough due to his lack of checking ability in the game. (He's still on my first line though of course, because this is Gretzky we're talking about!)

The things that I look for in players in this game are speedy defenders with good checking and defense (like Burns); and for forwards speed and checking are are also crucial. Because of this, I've found that the best forwards I've used are Nash with the "C" and SOTW Benn. These guys are trucks and can do it all. It's kind of ironic that some of the most overpriced forwards in this game get knocked down easily and tend to be less effective when playing good opponents (who check a lot) because they have checking ratings around 80 or less (Kane, Parise, Giroux, Gaborik, etc.).

Old
01-11-2013, 04:57 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Hey DirtyDion Sharp for Heatley?
Looking to liquidate bro. Wanting pucks.

01-11-2013, 06:19 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipDouglas View Post
I find Gretzky to be like that. For a "91" he's not nearly effective enough due to his lack of checking ability in the game. (He's still on my first line though of course, because this is Gretzky we're talking about!)

The things that I look for in players in this game are speedy defenders with good checking and defense (like Burns); and for forwards speed and checking are are also crucial. Because of this, I've found that the best forwards I've used are Nash with the "C" and SOTW Benn. These guys are trucks and can do it all. It's kind of ironic that some of the most overpriced forwards in this game get knocked down easily and tend to be less effective when playing good opponents (who check a lot) because they have checking ratings around 80 or less (Kane, Parise, Giroux, Gaborik, etc.).
That describes my experience with Gaborik to a T. He is fast as can be, and he has a great shot, but if I'm touched by a defender, I'm on my ass. Every single time. I had to sell him. I picked up SOTW Mueller, Richards, Nash, SOTW Setoguchi, and SOTW Perron from the profits. Definitely worth it.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:28 PM
JaredCowenFan

Question on the Season Ticket. What's the difference between the PS3 version VS. the Xbox one. If there is one. And what're the advantages of it and if there are any downsides what are they? I think one is that you get the NHL game(Let's say NHL14 for example) sooner than everyone? Or just the offline modes sooner and you get packs? How often do you get those? Is it worth it for $24.99?

Help appreciated, thanks!

Old
01-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Question on the Season Ticket. What's the difference between the PS3 version VS. the Xbox one. If there is one. And what're the advantages of it and if there are any downsides what are they? I think one is that you get the NHL game(Let's say NHL14 for example) sooner than everyone? Or just the offline modes sooner and you get packs? How often do you get those? Is it worth it for $24.99?

Help appreciated, thanks!
You get every EA Sports game available for download 3 days before release (all game modes minus HUT are available). You get 1 free pack every week for a certain amount of weeks, I think it's 24. You get

Is it worth it? It all depends on how many of the EA games you play. I play NHL, Madden and FIFA. I also download and play the NCAA football and Tiger Woods games. So basically, I dowload and play all the games that are available with the season ticket. If you only play NHL, I would say it isn't worth it.

Edit: You also get 20% off packs if you use MS points.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:07 PM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
Even with the captain card on my Giroux I must say he gets knocked down ridiculously easily.
Told ya

Spend the pucks you've got and trade your Giroux + pucks for a SOTW Thornton. Big guy, great faceoff.

Not big on Malkin in this game.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Joel Ward
HFBoards Sponsor

This is going to be a rant, so you've been warned...

Yesterday someone on the EA forums got in touch with me and really wanted to acquire my SOTW Jamie Benn. He went as far as to offer me a pretty incredible package that I had no other choice than to accept (Letang, Zetterberg, Jordan Staal and 55K pucks, about 200K in value). After talking about it with a few people, I got back to him andf decided that I would accept the offer. I told him that I would put Benn up for 3 days, 250K BIN 249K BID and team name HigherCorrupt. He than PM's me asking me to put it up ASAP, so I do. After waiting in front of my PS3 for about 2 and a half hours, I have received no offers on my Benn nor a PM on the forum. I proceed to PM him 3 more times over the next 15 hours or so, with no reply. Than he finally responds this evening with "lol uh this is awkward. Last night i traded for him thinking it was yours and the dude accepted...".

I understand that it was a mistake, but I don't know if I could've made it any more fail-safe. Just really frustrated by the entire situation

Old
01-11-2013, 09:22 PM
TheQuackAttack

Part of me believes he's lying. For whatever reason.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Joel Ward
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuackAttack View Post
Part of me believes he's lying. For whatever reason.
From what you told me, I wouldn't be shocked.

Anyways, for those interested this is my current trade block on PS3:

SOTW: Jamie Benn, Wojtek Wolski, Cal Clutterbuck, Marko Anttila

"High-End": UT Erik Karlsson (may use him on my roster), UT Tyler Myers, UT Marc-Andre Fleury, UT Joe Thornton, Mike Green, Patrick Sharp, Brent Burns, Jaroslav Halak, UT David Backes, UT Ryan Suter, UT Joe Pavelski, UT James Neal, David Booth

Others: Brian Campbell, Brent Seabrook, Lubomir Visnovsky, Brandon Sutter, James Wisniewski, Ryan McDonaugh, Sergei Gonchar, James van Reimsdyk, Matt Niskanan, Alex Steen, Victor Hedman, Matthew Lombardi, Mason Raymond, Micheal Neuvirth, Andrew Ladd

At this point, I'm really not sure what I want to do with my team, but certain players just simply aren't preforming nearly as well as I had hoped and I want to make some changed/upgrades.

Looking for Kovalchuk, SOTW Suter and Letang (preferably untouched or with few games played), although as usual I am open to all offers.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:48 PM
JaredCowenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherCorruption View Post
This is going to be a rant, so you've been warned...

Yesterday someone on the EA forums got in touch with me and really wanted to acquire my SOTW Jamie Benn. He went as far as to offer me a pretty incredible package that I had no other choice than to accept (Letang, Zetterberg, Jordan Staal and 55K pucks, about 200K in value). After talking about it with a few people, I got back to him andf decided that I would accept the offer. I told him that I would put Benn up for 3 days, 250K BIN 249K BID and team name HigherCorrupt. He than PM's me asking me to put it up ASAP, so I do. After waiting in front of my PS3 for about 2 and a half hours, I have received no offers on my Benn nor a PM on the forum. I proceed to PM him 3 more times over the next 15 hours or so, with no reply. Than he finally responds this evening with "lol uh this is awkward. Last night i traded for him thinking it was yours and the dude accepted...".

I understand that it was a mistake, but I don't know if I could've made it any more fail-safe. Just really frustrated by the entire situation
(Sorry but..) HAHAHAHAH. WOOW, lol. Part of me belives it's a mistake but another more part of me believes he's a dumb***, LOL. That guy must've been happy with the offer, lol.

I guess mistakes happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was bored. Cleaned up my HUT a bit. Quick-Solid(for $0 pucks) all my Free Pack cards, all the noobs, scrubs, jerseys and sh**. Then went on with a little bit of pucks I found a Patty Bartosak. Probably my favorite Goalie(He's a top notch goalie that plays for my home town Rebels and we have talked tons on Facebook and have gotten a few sticks and Jerseys of him). Finally found a Bartosak. I have been looking forever for one. Got it for $850 to, so I was pumped. He had a 13/14 training to 79 overall, I then went to buy a 2+ All and he has 14/14 training now. Just need a long duration card now. Another thing I'll do while I'm bored is put up a price I think is fair for each player on my team, mostly rounding and what I got most of them for and I'm also pretty good at the market. I'll do from Best to Worst value:

Wayne Gretzky ($200K)
Jamie Benn SOTW ($140K)
Jonathan Toews ($130K)
Dominik Hasek ($120K)
Claude Giroux ($110K)
Erik Karlsson ($50K)
Micheal Grabner SOTW ($50K)
Rick Nash ($40K)
Dion Phaneuf ($40K)
Taylor Hall ($40)
Mike Richards ($20)
Teddy Purcell SOTW ($20K)
Tomas Fleischman SOTW ($20K)
Brooks Orpik SOTW ($20K)
Marc Andre-Fluery ($20K)
Jack Johnson ($15K)
Dustin Byfuglien ($15K)
Alexander Edler ($15K)
Rich Peverly SOTW ($10K)
Cal Clutterbuck SOTW ($10K)

Could round out my team to selling for around $1,090K. Over $1,000K to say the least.

Cheers!

Old
01-11-2013, 10:23 PM
liquid swords
bring the ruckus

Quote:
(Sorry but..) HAHAHAHAH. WOOW, lol. Part of me belives it's a mistake but another more part of me believes he's a dumb***, LOL. That guy must've been happy with the offer, lol.

I guess mistakes happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was bored. Cleaned up my HUT a bit. Quick-Solid(for $0 pucks) all my Free Pack cards, all the noobs, scrubs, jerseys and sh**. Then went on with a little bit of pucks I found a Patty Bartosak. Probably my favorite Goalie(He's a top notch goalie that plays for my home town Rebels and we have talked tons on Facebook and have gotten a few sticks and Jerseys of him). Finally found a Bartosak. I have been looking forever for one. Got it for $850 to, so I was pumped. He had a 13/14 training to 79 overall, I then went to buy a 2+ All and he has 14/14 training now. Just need a long duration card now. Another thing I'll do while I'm bored is put up a price I think is fair for each player on my team, mostly rounding and what I got most of them for and I'm also pretty good at the market. I'll do from Best to Worst value:

Wayne Gretzky ($200K)
Jamie Benn SOTW ($140K)
Jonathan Toews ($130K)
Dominik Hasek ($120K)
Claude Giroux ($110K)
Erik Karlsson ($50K)
Micheal Grabner SOTW ($50K)
Rick Nash ($40K)
Dion Phaneuf ($40K)
Taylor Hall ($40)
Mike Richards ($20)
Teddy Purcell SOTW ($20K)
Tomas Fleischman SOTW ($20K)
Brooks Orpik SOTW ($20K)
Marc Andre-Fluery ($20K)
Jack Johnson ($15K)
Dustin Byfuglien ($15K)
Alexander Edler ($15K)
Rich Peverly SOTW ($10K)
Cal Clutterbuck SOTW ($10K)

Could round out my team to selling for around $1,090K. Over $1,000K to say the least.

Cheers!
are you on ps3 or 360? if 360 you have some of these players valued way too highly.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:29 PM
JaredCowenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid swords View Post
are you on ps3 or 360? if 360 you have some of these players valued way too highly.
PS3.

I believe most are right. Some I even undervalued. Some are what I payed for them and some I've seen alot with that price. Name some that you think are overpriced. Do you think there is a value difference between players on PS3 and XBOX?

Old
01-11-2013, 10:32 PM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
PS3.

I believe most are right. Some I even undervalued. Some are what I payed for them and some I've seen alot with that price. Name some that you think are overpriced. Do you think there is a value difference between players on PS3 and XBOX?
There's a total value difference between Ps3 and Xbox. As for your pricings? I'm on the Ps3 and my estimation of your team is about 200k different from yours.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:
Yea he sucks I had the Berlin SOTW version and he was constantly getting knocked down and injured - i ended up selling him and using the pucks i bought SOTW Ryan and upgraded to SOTW Green and SOTW Richards... Money well spent .

Looking for a SOTW Goalie for about 30k - 75k been looking at lehtonen, varlamov, schneider, brodeur, smith, bryzgalov .. Anyone have any recommendations?

Or go with reg miller, lundqvist or rinne?

Old
01-11-2013, 11:26 PM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Yea he sucks I had the Berlin SOTW version and he was constantly getting knocked down and injured - i ended up selling him and using the pucks i bought SOTW Ryan and upgraded to SOTW Green and SOTW Richards... Money well spent .

Looking for a SOTW Goalie for about 30k - 75k been looking at lehtonen, varlamov, schneider, brodeur, smith, bryzgalov .. Anyone have any recommendations?

Or go with reg miller, lundqvist or rinne?
If you're after a Rinne, we can work something out. I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of 200 Tim Jackmans?

But amongst that, i'd say try out SOTW Smith, then SOTW Lehtonen. If you don't like either of them, try their standard cards out.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Dmd

Quote:
Parise (57k) - Giroux C (100k) - Kovalchuk (155k)
Gagne (19.5k) - Duchene (2.5k) - Kessel (free)
St. Louis (16.5k) - Kesler (40k) - Carter A (13.5k)
Bourque (8k) - Vermette (3.5k) - Pavelski (4k)

Phaneuf (pack) - Letang (66k)
Suter A (5k) - Green (17k)
Kronwall (16k) - Pietrangelo (17k)

SOTW Lindback (15k)

You do the math, I'm too lazy too.

I'm looking to do a hut rebuild to by the time my team sells I'm hoping to have 800 to 950 k

Old
01-12-2013, 12:29 AM
6 Karlsson 5

how do you guys make your pucks, still buy and sell?

Closed Thread