HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

84/85 US better than 84/85 Canada?

Old
01-11-2013, 01:34 PM
daver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSlater View Post
I do think it's a stretch. If he wanted to say that the age group was better, he could have. He even quoted a post by you saying that the Canadian group was better, and did not disagree with your statement in his response. From this point on though I will let the poster speak for their own posts. The only way someone would agree with the initial assertion is if the person knew nothing of hockey, or they had not really looked at the topic at all.
His post seemed like it was being sarcastic.

daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Xokkeu

Guys the 2002 draft sucked for the US. I think only Ryan Whitney made the Olympic team. The other guys I remember are Jim Slater and Chris Higgins. The 2003 draft class was the one that had nearly a third of both the US and Canadian teams that didn't lose a game at the Olympics except to each other and both destroyed Russia and Finland. The 2003 draft class dominated te Olympics almost single handily making up nearly 1/3rd of the two best teams.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:50 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Guys the 2002 draft sucked for the US. I think only Ryan Whitney made the Olympic team. The other guys I remember are Jim Slater and Chris Higgins. The 2003 draft class was the one that had nearly a third of both the US and Canadian teams that didn't lose a game at the Olympics except to each other and both destroyed Russia and Finland. The 2003 draft class dominated te Olympics almost single handily making up nearly 1/3rd of the two best teams.
That's correct. People seem to forget how dominant Canada & the US were in the 2010 Olympics.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote