HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Caje

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Hey, all in all when you beat a good team 6-2 and your missing Faksa, Puempel and Gibson and I dont think the chemistry was all there...not to shabby. I know Sparks wasnt playing but I dont remember any soft goals either.
There's a reason why Keegan Wilson is no longer with the team. I watched the game at the Aud, and he was brutal. Several goals that should've been stopped.

I don't mean to take away from your win, though. Our offense wasn't that great either.

Last edited by Caje: 01-10-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old
01-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
*********. He's not going to stick with the big club for the year, and there are a few goalies ahead of him. What exactly is the point?

*&^%$ Ducks....
WHAT IF THEY PUT HIM IN THE MINORS?

Old
01-10-2013, 03:27 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
WHAT IF THEY PUT HIM IN THE MINORS?
They've just signed Fasth and they have Bobkov (not sure who else in the system), so I'm less worried about that. The travel and exhaustion scares me a bit though. Perfect scenario for injury or illness.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
They've just signed Fasth and they have Bobkov (not sure who else in the system), so I'm less worried about that. The travel and exhaustion scares me a bit though. Perfect scenario for injury or illness.
Did Spott say that Anaheim told him he was here for the year.
No worried for me because I wholly trust NHL GM's 100%.

There's nothing to gain for the Ducks, last thing they want to do is burn a year on his contract in the minors.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:05 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
There's a reason why Keegan Wilson is no longer with the team. I watched the game at the Aud, and he was brutal. Several goals that should've been stopped.

I don't mean to take away from your win, though. Our offense wasn't that great either.
I was saying goals were not soft, no squeakers, no dribblers.....Wilson was cut loose understandable but it wasnt from the game in Kitchener. The writting was on the wall with that one.
I am not saying it was dominating but for 4 players added in the lineup without even a single practice with the team - Missing 2 key forwards - Missing our starting goalie and IMO our guys overall outworked the Storm....all in all speak to what our team is going to be when there is chemistry and a full lineup.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Caje

Quote:
I was saying goals were not soft, no squeakers, no dribblers.....Wilson was cut loose understandable but it wasnt from the game in Kitchener. The writting was on the wall with that one.
I am not saying it was dominating but for 4 players added in the lineup without even a single practice with the team - Missing 2 key forwards - Missing our starting goalie and IMO our guys overall outworked the Storm....all in all speak to what our team is going to be when there is chemistry and a full lineup.
Oh yeah, I agree. I was impressed with how your new guys played. I was pretty optimistic about our chances going in considering the changes and lack of Gibson, but we were definitely outworked and outplayed. Dickinson was the only Storm that really impressed me.

I'm looking forward to the next meeting between Guelph and Kitchener.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:32 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Hopefully we beat Sarnia tomorrow night.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

I was not impressed with Corrado last night. With Murphy gone Corrado got his powerplay minutes and it seemed like he couldn't handle the puck at all. Hope he looks better next game.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
I was not impressed with Corrado last night. With Murphy gone Corrado got his powerplay minutes and it seemed like he couldn't handle the puck at all. Hope he looks better next game.
The whole year this team has played like it's an exhibition game. I'm very worried about Spott leading these guys into battle. He doesn't exactly instil confidence.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:08 AM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
Weird, this guy saw it differently:

"- I have to say it again, even though the PP didn't score, Leivo and defenceman Frank Corrado bring such a nice element to the man advantage. So much more puck movement now."

Hope there's a televised Rangers game soon.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
The whole year this team has played like it's an exhibition game. I'm very worried about Spott leading these guys into battle. He doesn't exactly instill confidence.
At least I now know what happened to the Eatons mannequins when the closed up shop.....they are now standing behind the Rangers bench.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:55 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

So just to verify, tonight's game really does start at 7:30PM right??? Like there's no "timechange because it's a Sportsnet game" BS I'll need to worry about this time???

As the last game I went to at the Aud against the Spitfires had that timechange crap. Luckily I knew about it before I left to go to the Aud though.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
So just to verify, tonight's game really does start at 7:30PM right??? Like there's no "timechange because it's a Sportsnet game" BS I'll need to worry about this time???

As the last game I went to at the Aud against the Spitfires had that timechange crap. Luckily I knew about it before I left to go to the Aud though.

The game is at 7:30!

Old
01-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
At least I now know what happened to the Eatons mannequins when the closed up shop.....they are now standing behind the Rangers bench.
Exactly.

People like Josh Brown complain that the building is quiet and Kitchener has quiet fans... well, what do they expect?

Old
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Your chance to get back at all the Murphy bashing Canuck fans did during the WJC?

Like another poster mentioned someone who writes for the team Josh Brown seemed to completely disagree.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:07 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
The game is at 7:30!
Thanks Ward.

Cheers.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Weird, this guy saw it differently:

"- I have to say it again, even though the PP didn't score, Leivo and defenceman Frank Corrado bring such a nice element to the man advantage. So much more puck movement now."

Hope there's a televised Rangers game soon.
Sure, they move the puck a lot but the powerplay looked even worse than it has earlier in the season.

I liked Corrado's game against Guelph, just not against the Petes. He wasn't able to hold the line very often, didn't set up chances. He moved the puck a lot, it just wasn't beneifical.

I tend to not really agree with the Rangers beat writers opinions, they either seem to be too quick to complain or too easy to praise. No middle ground. I'll listen to him for his insider information and other important stuff about the team, but I'm not going to take his word about how good a player is over mine if I don't agree with him.

And I don't in this case. I thought Corrado was pretty awful offensively last night.

Oh, and almost all the games are televised if you live around here, but I doubt there will be another Sportsnet game on for Kitchener untill the playoffs. Since Sportsnet has been doing Friday Night Hockey, Kitchener's only got it 3 or 4 times.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:25 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

We got chilli.

So how does that work anyways??? Do I just bring my ticket stubs to Wendy's tomorrow and voila...a chilli?

Old
01-12-2013, 10:21 AM
ohlnhockeynut

didnt make the game last night, how was it from a fans perspective, good energy? good chemistry building yet?

Old
01-12-2013, 12:35 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
We got chilli.

So how does that work anyways??? Do I just bring my ticket stubs to Wendy's tomorrow and voila...a chilli?
Thats it. With the stub, get a small free chili.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Sure, they move the puck a lot but the powerplay looked even worse than it has earlier in the season.

I liked Corrado's game against Guelph, just not against the Petes. He wasn't able to hold the line very often, didn't set up chances. He moved the puck a lot, it just wasn't beneifical.

I tend to not really agree with the Rangers beat writers opinions, they either seem to be too quick to complain or too easy to praise. No middle ground. I'll listen to him for his insider information and other important stuff about the team, but I'm not going to take his word about how good a player is over mine if I don't agree with him.

And I don't in this case. I thought Corrado was pretty awful offensively last night.

Oh, and almost all the games are televised if you live around here, but I doubt there will be another Sportsnet game on for Kitchener untill the playoffs. Since Sportsnet has been doing Friday Night Hockey, Kitchener's only got it 3 or 4 times.
To be fair his bread and butter is his defensive game and puck movement. He's inconsistent with his offensive game. But there's a lot there. A lot of untapped potential.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:50 PM
mikester

we better get a power play our we wont last long in the play offs

Old
01-14-2013, 08:19 AM
rangersfan88

I wish we could play as well as we did in the 3rd period Sunday all the time especially when our top players get back in the lineup . If we can play like that consistently I think we can go deep in the playoffs ( providing all our players come back and stay healthy)

I was just looking at the schedule of the remaining games and we play Guelph 6 more times before the end of the season (4 on the road ) I imagine the rivalry will get pretty heated by the end of it even more so with how close we are in the standings and the possibility of meeting in the first round .

We play London and Owen sound 2 times each 1h 1a for both . The games with Owen sound will be huge if we have any chance of catching them we will likely have to win both of those games .

We also play Erie 4 more times those are 8 points we really need if we are going to move up a spot in the standings but we haven't done very well against them this year .

Old
01-14-2013, 09:43 AM
BenchedGuy

I think that its good to be playing Guelph, London, Owen Sound down the stretch run. Shows what this team is made of, if it will be a playoff battling team or not. I think with this lineup we should be able to catch Owen Sound in the standings, which should give us 3rd. And that could mean Soo in the first round as well who is playing much better as of late with Keefe as the new HC. Basically, I think the West is going to beat up on each other and make it that much tougher.

Also saw that Vancouver signed Cam Barker, which to mean makes it even more unlikely that Corrado will stick with the Canucks for this season.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:17 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
I think that its good to be playing Guelph, London, Owen Sound down the stretch run. Shows what this team is made of, if it will be a playoff battling team or not. I think with this lineup we should be able to catch Owen Sound in the standings, which should give us 3rd. And that could mean Soo in the first round as well who is playing much better as of late with Keefe as the new HC. Basically, I think the West is going to beat up on each other and make it that much tougher.

Also saw that Vancouver signed Cam Barker, which to mean makes it even more unlikely that Corrado will stick with the Canucks for this season.
Oh yeah don't worry about that. I'm fairly certain when Vigneault was a child he was bullied by rookies. Or maybe a rookie ran over his cat. Either way, he hates them.

Closed Thread