*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Renegader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Why doesn't George let DeSousa play? He had an excellant tournament, played responsibly and was very unselfish. Other teams play their 16 yr olds who are not better than him. Hey, George plays Petti a lot, how much is he doing? DD should be given a REAL chance to play and you wouldn't need to trade for another d-man.
Agreed.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:44 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
As per Mark Edwards- Quine to Belleville for 3 2nd rounders
Slight overpayment for a guy who should be a great fit on the second line here in Belleville. I have a feeling George is done and will stand pat with this blue line.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
hockeykid87

3 seconds seems like a pretty steep price for a guy who is only here for the playoff run. 5 years from now there will be a great player going to Peterborough in the 2nd round haha.

Also seems ridiculous to me that draft picks 5 years from now are getting traded

Old
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
3 seconds seems like a pretty steep price for a guy who is only here for the playoff run. 5 years from now there will be a great player going to Peterborough in the 2nd round haha.

Also seems ridiculous to me that draft picks 5 years from now are getting traded
He may be back as an OA. Very overrated but is a good skater who may do better on that rink.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Hey everyone, this isn't really related to anything recent about the Bulls, but I was just doing some research and I had some questions.

At the beginning of training camp, the Bulls had a defenseman invited named Nic Shunock. Some may remember him, some may not. I just thought it interesting because I went to high school with the kid. But I was wondering how did he look? I read somewhere he shouldn't have even been in the camp and that the only reason was because of a "favour" that was given to him by his dad who was apparently a former member of the Bulls organization. I know his dad, Joey, was a goalie for Belleville. I didn't think former Bulls players could pull something like that off, though.

Anyways, anyone know if this is true? Apparently, there were 20+ skaters who were cut before him that shouldn't have been. I've never really watched him, but I'd like to know if anyone knows more about Nic, about him being at training camp. I mean, is it normal for Junior C's to be invited to the Bulls camp?

Thanks to anyone who can help, and I know this is really late, but I just figured this out now.

In more-relatable news, I would definitely agree with the consensus the 3 seconds rounders was too much for Quine. At least it's making the already more-powerful-looking Bulls even better. Good to see Gaunce and Graovac develop some chemistry too.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

George moved a ton of picks in the Cardwell, Graovac and Quine deals ( five 2nds, two 3rds, a 5th and a 7th). I would suspect he received pretty solid confirmation that Michael McCarron will be reporting to London next season, which would result in the Bulls receiving three 2nd round picks ( Miss '15, London '17 '18) to restock the cupboard. If not, that cupboard is looking pretty bare going forward.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
George moved a ton of picks in the Cardwell, Graovac and Quine deals ( five 2nds, two 3rds, a 5th and a 7th). I would suspect he received pretty solid confirmation that Michael McCarron will be reporting to London next season, which would result in the Bulls receiving three 2nd round picks ( Miss '15, London '17 '18) to restock the cupboard. If not, that cupboard is looking pretty bare going forward.
I am not %100 on this but the Bulls do not get all three. The 3 2nd round picks were all condition picks based on years reporting. He failed to report this year so one pick stays with us. 2 are still up for grabs assuming he reports the next two years.

The trade was a guaranteed 5th rd pick in 2015. The 2nd rounders are condition on him playing each year. One year has passed without him reporting.

Last edited by Knights77: 01-10-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: more info
Old
01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
George didn't need Cardwell at all! Had Shaw and if that wasn't enough, has DeSousa.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
chewerjones

Team is definitely making a run for the Eastern Champs, and has bolstered itself enough to competed against the West.

Alot will depend on Subban and Graham. If they can play stellar, then they are serious contenders, but if they fall short, then its a short playoffs for them.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:08 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
George didn't need Cardwell at all! Had Shaw and if that wasn't enough, has DeSousa.
You seriously can't expect a 16 yo in DeSousa and who hasn't played squat ice time all year to step in now and be a regular and contribute in any big way? Next year when he's played some games and been given an opportunity you can honestly evaluate him, but for this year no way. Bulls needed a Sefton type of D to round out the D core but failed to get that which can seriously hurt as no one thinks the current Bulls D are outright tough enough.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
You seriously can't expect a 16 yo in DeSousa and who hasn't played squat ice time all year to step in now and be a regular and contribute in any big way? Next year when he's played some games and been given an opportunity you can honestly evaluate him, but for this year no way. Bulls needed a Sefton type of D to round out the D core but failed to get that which can seriously hurt as no one thinks the current Bulls D are outright tough enough.
Maybe George should have given the kid a chance. He has given Petti a chance. Petti does not have more talent than DeSousa. DeSousa played very well with the best 16 yr olds showing that he deserves a chance to play.

Last edited by Luvtowatch: 01-10-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old
01-10-2013, 04:11 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Maybe George should have given the kid a chance. He has given Petti a chance. Petti does not have more talent than DeSousa. DeSousa played very well with the best 16 yr olds showing that he deserves a chance to play.
Yes, I agree with you on playing DeSousa some more and it's also true Petti has been given a lot of playing time but if I take you back over the years in Bulls land it's generally customary for George to find playing ice for his first rounders. The rest of the rookies every year wind up in and out of the lineup and even when in the lineup don't play much at all. But that's also been consistent over the years. There's not much DeSousa can do and adding to that bad situation is that he (and all rookies) will really not play at all with the acquisition of Quine/Graovac. I actually think George should send at least a few of them to Jr. A since sitting in the stands for most of the rest of the season will bring NO development whatsoever. And if they get in the lineup they won't even get the customary 5/6 shifts per game as it'll be 2-4 shifts at best. Not even sure if they can go to Jr.A now though.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:43 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:

I for one think he will be back next year for his OA season then will get dealt to a contender again. So the 3 2nds don't really bother me too much! Next season we will be into a slight rebuilding season so I suspect guys like Gaunce, zharkov etc. Will be dealt for the future.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:05 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 203
Quine could be back next year. He wouldn't get top 6 mins on Griffins, maybe not even top9 minutes if he continues at C.. Sheahan, Ferraro and Järnkrok are ahead of him and that's not counting possible vet signings. Andersson may also be there.. Playing at juniors may be better for his off. skills as he's projecting as a scorer.

Anyway, good luck for the run guys!!

Old
01-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Quine could be back next year. He wouldn't get top 6 mins on Griffins, maybe not even top9 minutes if he continues at C.. Sheahan, Ferraro and Järnkrok are ahead of him and that's not counting possible vet signings. Andersson may also be there.. Playing at juniors may be better for his off. skills as he's projecting as a scorer.

Anyway, good luck for the run guys!!
Thanks. I also agree Quine could be back for his OA next year, then subsequently dealt again for picks back.

This is a great pickup in my opinion. It bolsters their powerplay and even strength play even more.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:40 PM
brahmabull

Considering the Bulls under Burnett have done better with later picks then seconds it seems like a good trade for Belleville, just look at the current roster only Curtis and DeSousa are Bulls 2nd round picks and through in Mack Lemmon that's a combined 51 goals, and 51 assists. Compared to Quines 71 goals, and 101 assists so this deal really doesn't look to bad for Belleville. If the Bulls are in contention next year they will have some assets to move to get those picks back.

Last edited by brahmabull: 01-10-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old
01-10-2013, 09:19 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Desousa has very impressive feet, good shot and can play with a physical edge at times, but defensively at this point he is a liability. He has to make great strides in this area to keep progressing.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:30 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Desousa has very impressive feet, good shot and can play with a physical edge at times, but defensively at this point he is a liability. He has to make great strides in this area to keep progressing.
Exactly, give the kid a full season of actual ice time and development and then watch his confidence grow.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Exactly, give the kid a full season of actual ice time and development and then watch his confidence grow.
When is that season? Why wouldn't you let him play tier 2 then, at least the kid would play? Crammer Jr and Heffernan too.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
You don't think he played well in the Under-17? Big difference when you know you're going out every 3rd shift and not worrying that one mistake and you're out.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull View Post
Considering the Bulls under Burnett have done better with later picks then seconds it seems like a good trade for Belleville, just look at the current roster only Curtis and DeSousa are Bulls 2nd round picks and through in Mack Lemmon that's a combined 51 goals, and 51 assists. Compared to Quines 71 goals, and 101 assists so this deal really doesn't look to bad for Belleville. If the Bulls are in contention next year they will have some assets to move to get those picks back.
Its not just the Bulls, every team is like that. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. That's scouting.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:09 PM
hockeykid87

I could get used to watching this Bulls team. Quine with 4 points already in his Bulls debut. Good job Burnett

Old
01-11-2013, 08:54 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
I could get used to watching this Bulls team. Quine with 4 points already in his Bulls debut. Good job Burnett
Love the offence! 4 solid lines, desousa in for austin, playing with more confidence, maybe cause he chopped the locks off???...

Old
01-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

8-2 Bulls tonight...newcomer Alan Quine with 5 points and another solid start by Graham..:-)the Bulls are looking pretty good

Old
01-12-2013, 12:25 AM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

LOL 5 pts for the overpayed for, overhyped Quine!

Love it

Closed Thread