HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 06:48 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Binghamton. They're 21-8-3, obviously much better than Hamilton. The Senators brought in one heck of a class of new players this year, including the SEL's top scorer, a top 10 pick and a bunch of high end CHLers.
oh wow I didn't know it was Binghamton. Sens are in good shape prospect wise aren't they. Too bad, I really hate the Sens.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:37 AM
TroyM

I'd also like to give kudos to Robert Mayer, who the hell is wearing his jersey? By all account she couldn't stop a beachball last year, I've watched every game this year and he's had a couple good stretches of games before this and then last night he looked fantastic. He's improving and I'm glad to see it. Still hoping Desjardins rounds into top form though as he has much more to give at his best.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:44 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
I'd also like to give kudos to Robert Mayer, who the hell is wearing his jersey? By all account she couldn't stop a beachball last year, I've watched every game this year and he's had a couple good stretches of games before this and then last night he looked fantastic. He's improving and I'm glad to see it. Still hoping Desjardins rounds into top form though as he has much more to give at his best.
Who's that chick you're talking about?

Old
01-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
I'm still skeptical on Mayer. When he's on his game, he's solid as he has been recently...the main problem is when he falls into a slump, he's as bad as any goalie in the AHL. His season is a good example. A good start, very bad in the middle and playing well as of late. Consistency is needed.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Who's that chick you're talking about?
Haha, I've been making copious amounts of typos lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I'm still skeptical on Mayer. When he's on his game, he's solid as he has been recently...the main problem is when he falls into a slump, he's as bad as any goalie in the AHL. His season is a good example. A good start, very bad in the middle and playing well as of late. Consistency is needed.
Agreed. I'm not convinced or anything, just giving some credit to someone I assumed had NOTHING to offer and yet is offering up some real solid nights that help the Dogs out. But I agree, very inconsistent this season. It seemed like, and again I only watched a few games last year, he was consistently BAD last year, and this year he has had some good stretches and a couple of really great games. I always like the underdogs and to give them some credit when they show something. I have no hope of him ascending out of the AHL, but it does look like he belongs there this season which is great as that didn't seem to be the case before.

Still, any hopes of the Dogs turning things around have to rest on Desjardins IMO. Hopefully he can light it up soon and steal some games for them. They need it!

Old
01-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
After next Sunday. the AHL landscape gonna change a lot with most of its best players migrating up to the NHL. Hamilton will get more successes and less heavy challenges down the road.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
After next Sunday. the AHL landscape gonna change a lot with most of its best players migrating up to the NHL. Hamilton will get more successes and less heavy challenges down the road.
this is where I hope the organization does a very strong evaluation of Lefebvre & his staff.

Bulldogs really should finish the season quite strongly. Hamilton likely will have one of the fewest turnover ratios of any team in the AHL... and all the other teams that will be losing players will be losing key guys.

We MIGHT lose Dumont, and that's about it. A well coached team should be able to translate that roster consistency into a considerable advantage over teams that will be dealing with replacing 3-4-5+ key players in-season and all at one time.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Rikiki Bousquet

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but, where's Naatinen ?? Is he injured or something ?

Old
01-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikiki Bousquet View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been answered but, where's Naatinen ?? Is he injured or something ?
Injured - I think it is his shoulder.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Rikiki Bousquet

Is it something serious ? Long term ? I haven't watched the Bulldogs much in the last weeks and suddenly he was gone and many other new players were playing so I was scared for a moment.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikiki Bousquet View Post
Is it something serious ? Long term ? I haven't watched the Bulldogs much in the last weeks and suddenly he was gone and many other new players were playing so I was scared for a moment.
Not sure if there is a timetable for his return. I think he is listed as 'out indefinitely' - It was late December when he was hurt - forget the exact game but I remember watching him fall as he was skating back to his own end - he was in obvious discomfort for the rest of his shift (despite the fall looking quite insignificant).

Old
01-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Rikiki Bousquet

Hope he's going to get better soon. Thanks Mue.

Anyone else has seen the lastest Boucher scouting report ? I'm getting really intrigued by Dumont and his abilities. I'd like to see him getting tested in the NHL to make more of a opinion.

I know many of you are thinking he's one of the call up possibilities, but do you see him being able to be Good in the big league ?

Old
01-11-2013, 05:16 PM
ChoseLa

I think he's still out for two weeks or so. I'm pretty sure he's not out indefinitly.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I think he's still out for two weeks or so. I'm pretty sure he's not out indefinitly.
Who else is still injured ?

Geoffrion, Palushaj, Patteryn, ???

With Nattinen + those 3, Hamilton would had won a few more games so far.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Anyone who is a candidate to join Habs camp is playing tonight in Rochester. So the normal lineup.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:25 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Who else is still injured ?

Geoffrion, Palushaj, Patteryn, ???

With Nattinen + those 3, Hamilton would had won a few more games so far.
Pateryn is skating with the team.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Dogs losing 4-2. Tinordi is -3. Indicative of his play tonight, or just being paired with DeSantis + bad forward line ?

Old
01-11-2013, 08:06 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Dumont is on fire. Love that fiesty devil.

He'll be a player on the 4th line. I actually like the idea of him playing with White. If they can get a big-sized mucker with them (Dumont is small and White is average) they could be deadly.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

He'll be a player on the 4th line. I actually like the idea of him playing with White. If they can get a big-sized mucker with them (Dumont is small and White is average) they could be deadly.
Dunno about big sized but I assume Moen and Prust are getting paid to do something.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Et le But

Quote:

Depending on how the rest of the team having a small, fiesty 4th line isn't necessarily a bad thing. The Devils 4th line was great last year and they had little Gionta on it FFS. With our small, soft defense you'd probably want at least some size though.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Maxpac

Quote:

I would love Biznasty. Good skater and awesome locker-room presence.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:13 PM
ChoseLa

Biz Nasty speaks french and can fight, what else do we realy want in a hockey player?

Old
01-11-2013, 11:17 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Too tired to figure out if trolling or just... nvm.

Sleep time for overlords.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:20 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Too tired to figure out if trolling or just... nvm.

Sleep time for overlords.
I don't know how to put smileys on my awesome android phone.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I don't know how to put smileys on my awesome android phone.
That's okay. It wasn't your post I was worried about

Closed Thread