HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Time to Sign Subban

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Subban is training with the Maple Leafs instead of his teammates. Per Martin Maguire on 98,5FM just now. Seeing as how training camp is not even started I'm wondering: why does PK train in Toronto instead of here when Erik Cole, who is not the day's favourite, has been training here since August? Is the fact that he doesn't have a contract with the Habs making the city appalling to him?

Old
01-11-2013, 07:54 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Subban is training with the Maple Leafs instead of his teammates. Per Martin Maguire on 98,5FM just now. Seeing as how training camp is not even started I'm wondering: why does PK train in Toronto instead of here when Erik Cole, who is not the day's favourite, has been training here since August? Is the fact that he doesn't have a contract with the Habs making the city appalling to him?
He's from Toronto. I'm sure there are political reasons as to why an unsigned player can't practice with his teammates.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:56 PM
David_99

Quote:
...why does PK train in Toronto instead of here when Erik Cole...
It's his home town.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
No, that's a bit of a stretch. But I do think that P.K should be in Montreal, personally.

Letang and Hamrlik also trained with us and they both have contracts with their respective teams. He's at home after all.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
No, that's a bit of a stretch. But I do think that P.K should be in Montreal, personally.

Letang and Hamrlik also trained with us and they both have contracts with their respective teams. He's at home after all.
Letang and Hamrlik skated at the Brossard rink during the lockout with a bunch of Hab players. They didn't train with the team once the lockout has been resolved.

Subban is a free agent, and is from Toronto. I'd rather him skate with the Leafs than not at all. He'll be signe by the 19th, I am sure.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Letang and Hamrlik skated at the Brossard rink during the lockout with a bunch of Hab players. They didn't train with the team once the lockout has been resolved.

Subban is a free agent, and is from Toronto. I'd rather him skate with the Leafs than not at all. He'll be signe by the 19th, I am sure.
Oh ok, I think I misheard that Letang and Hamrlik we're training with the habs just a couple of days ago.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Letang was there Wednesday: https://twitter.com/BWildeCTV/status/289051426116739073

Old
01-11-2013, 08:46 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Ah Letang..
Can Subban train with his brother in Boston next summer?

Old
01-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I wonder if we could somehow trick him into staying.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:17 AM
Alexdaman

Okay I'm tired of Subban

First of all he's close to being poison in the locker room.

He's acting like a drama queen by not even training with his teammates.

He hasn't yet posted the numbers and he's acting like if he just single-handily got the team to the Stanley cup finals.

If I was Marc Bergevin I'd sign him then work a deal with the leafs in exchange for a first round pick. He'd probably eat the puck so much in T.O that he'd make the team miss the playoffs for an eight year in a row and since we would be left with nothing on the blue line that we would be just as bad but with two top 10 picks in the next draft.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Dharvey33

Funny that a guy with Subban in his picture is actually bashing him.

What the media says and what the reality is, is a complete other thing Subban is by far our best dman and he knows it he sees other players such as Myers Doughty Byfguglien karlsson that have been getting big bucks and he wants some too.

Anybody in his position would want to be paid the more he can, that's just bussiness that doesn't mean he wants out of montreal.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
He is being pompous and pretentious. Earn your keep--you are not Doughty.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Funny that a guy with Subban in his picture is actually bashing him.

What the media says and what the reality is, is a complete other thing Subban is by far our best dman and he knows it he sees other players such as Myers Doughty Byfguglien karlsson that have been getting big bucks and he wants some too.

Anybody in his position would want to be paid the more he can, that's just bussiness that doesn't mean he wants out of montreal.
I just don't get the 'I'm not going to train with my teamates if I don't have my contract signed' he's still a restricted free agent so the choice for him will come to either sit out the season or sign a deal. I don't know what he's trying to prove.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:43 AM
beaverBFP

Just a thought but pk is a analyst on Friday night hockey on sportnet, maybe sportsnet asked him to stay for one last show. Which would mean he wanted to skate so he skated at the leafs facility?

Old
01-12-2013, 12:50 AM
DJ Breadman

who cares where he is practicing, he has said many times he wants to be a hab, he wants to get paid and so does his agent, they'll figure it out soon enough

Old
01-12-2013, 12:50 AM
flarwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Okay I'm tired of Subban

He hasn't yet posted the numbers and he's acting like if he just single-handily got the team to the Stanley cup finals.

If I was Marc Bergevin I'd sign him then work a deal with the leafs in exchange for a first round pick. He'd probably eat the puck so much in T.O that he'd make the team miss the playoffs for an eight year in a row and since we would be left with nothing on the blue line that we would be just as bad but with two top 10 picks in the next draft.
What numbers!?

Drew Doughty - 316 GP - 43 G / 119 A / 162 PTS - 247 PIM
PK Subban - 160 GP - 21 G / 55 A / 76 PTS - 245 PIM

Not too shabby for a 23 year old who plays, and plays well in all three situations. Hey, maybe Tambellini can get his head out of his ass for a minute and turn him into an Oiler tomorrow. We'd gladly have him in Edmonton.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Andy

I'm curious to see how MB handles this one. I really didn't like the Price contract at all. Let's hope he can get PK down to reasonable deal.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I wouldn't give him more than 4.5. at this point.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:19 AM
flarwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I wouldn't give him more than 4.5. at this point.
Chances are he signs for closer to $6MM cap hit. I'd be shocked if he got a deal worth less than $5.5MM in cap money.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:28 AM
habsfanatics

I love the over reactions.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:45 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarwick View Post
Chances are he signs for closer to $6MM cap hit. I'd be shocked if he got a deal worth less than $5.5MM in cap money.
You give him 4 or 4.5 for 3 years and say prove yourself if you want more.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:55 AM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
who cares where he is practicing, he has said many times he wants to be a hab, he wants to get paid and so does his agent, they'll figure it out soon enough
This is not Panthers or Jets squad..

Old
01-12-2013, 07:01 AM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Okay I'm tired of Subban

I understand your disappointment, sir.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:09 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Okay I'm tired of Subban

What the hell are you talking about?

poison in the dressing room....what source????

Acting like he got the team to the finals??? Do you OVERREACT much... Especially since we didn't make the playoffs.

He can't join the Habs; he doesn't have a contract and even if they had a deal done the CBA needs to ratified by the players before the contract is valid... Try reading a few articles before you post.

The kid had a huge/fun personality, what's wrong with that?

Every sound bite i have heard from him or about him shows that he's a great kid who loves life and doesn't take it too seriously.

You would trade this young stud to Leafs... RIDICULOUS ON SO MANY LEVELS!

Seriously dude, your post completely shot your credibility.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:12 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I'm curious to see how MB handles this one. I really didn't like the Price contract at all. Let's hope he can get PK down to reasonable deal.
Agreed, I wasn't a big fan of Price's deal either, but at the end of the day, I'd rather pay a premium on premium talent than a premium on mediocre talent, so in the end, I wasn't too upset about it, a few 100k to 1million is all I thought he overpaid by, for arguably your best player, not a bad deal tbh.

As far as PK training in TO, this is pretty basic operating procedure for unsigned players. If he comes back to Montreal to practice it could be perceived in a way that could impact his leverage in negotiations, a negotiation where he has limited leverage to begin with. We tend to make a mountain out of a mole hill here.

Closed Thread