HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

UPDATE: Coyotes Looking For 2nd Line Center. Rumored To Be Toronto's Matt Lombardi

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 01:10 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
The opportunity to move Yandle would only come if Phoenix felt they had the internal capacity (Gormely, Rundblad, Stone) to replace those minutes. Stone is NHL ready but IMO Rundblad is close but Gormely could spend the full year in the AHL. I don't believe there would be much interest in Whitney. Hemsky might be of interest but Phoenix would demand more long term assets with high end potential up front.
Sounds like you have someone in mind. Please don't mention the big 4, ha ha. How about Hemsky and Pajaarvi for Yandle and a gritty prospect.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:19 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Sounds like you have someone in mind. Please don't mention the big 4, ha ha. How about Hemsky and Pajaarvi for Yandle and a gritty prospect.
Tough to do but to avoid the foul language and a hang up I edited my original response to include an idea.

Last edited by hbk: 01-12-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old
01-12-2013, 01:24 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkeater View Post
Philly gets Keith Yandle, Michael Stone

Phoenix receives: Matt Read, Jacob Voracek, Scott Laughton and 1st round pick in 2013

Philly receive a quality puck moving defensemen in Yandle and a good young defensive prospect in Michael Stone who's ready to step up right now.

Phoenix receives: Two young offensive forwards that could help them a lot with their top 6. A legitimate prospect in Scott Laughton and a 1st round pick in 2013 in a deep draft.

What are your thoughts guys? Is it too much to pay for Phoenix or Philly? Remember that a player like Yandle will cost much so Philly will have to give. Philly gets a very good defensemen in Yandle and a great prospect in Stone. Two spots filled for their D and ready to go for the season!
If you substitute Stone (he's their top D on the farm right now) I think this has some potential. It's not horrific. It really depends on whether or not Maloney is comfortable that their depth can accommodate the loss of Yandle. Would've loved if JVR was still in Philli so he could be part of the conversation.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:26 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Tough to do but to avoid the foul language and a slammed phone. I edited my original response to include an idea.
Its too much with Gagner involved. Despite HF`s opinions, Gagner is very important to the Oilers, and the deal would change drastically if he is included. The only way we can trade Gagner is if a better center is coming back, and we know we aren`t getting Hanzal from you, ha ha.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:27 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Its too much with Gagner involved. Despite HF`s opinions, Gagner is very important to the Oilers, and the deal would change drastically if he is included. The only way we can trade Gagner is if a better center is coming back, and we know we aren`t getting Hanzal from you, ha ha.
I do love Yandle, but I don`t think he`ll get the type of return that is being suggested in this thread.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:32 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Phoenix already turned down a Gagner and MPS offer for Yandle. Hanzel isn't likely to be moved. Not sure Oilers are a fit to be honest. Phoenix picked up Vermette for a 2nd last year which fills the role that Gagner would play on the Coyote squad which is why I think we would be reluctant to pay full price on that asset. Maloney can afford to play some poker here to wait for the right overpayment.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:35 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I do love Yandle, but I don`t think he`ll get the type of return that is being suggested in this thread.
Supply < demand

Maloney has time to wait and see if one team blinks. For Phoenix this is about leveraging an asset to fill long term scoring needs. Not just this season.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:05 AM
Daffy

Quote:
Supply < demand

Maloney has time to wait and see if one team blinks. For Phoenix this is about leveraging an asset to fill long term scoring needs. Not just this season.
Lol at some of these suggestions for Yandle. Good player, no doubt, but won't fetch nearly what you think he will. He's not Karlsson.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:41 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Michael Grabner and perhaps Ville Pokka for Brandon Gormley.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:23 AM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Hagelin+ for Gormley?

Old
01-12-2013, 06:29 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post
Booth + Edler + 2nd for Yandle
Huge overpayment for Yandle... Edler is as good, if not better. It's just his contract status stopping him. As much as I dislike Phoenix, go Yandle! Get traded

Old
01-12-2013, 06:53 AM
416Leafer

Depends what you mean by "offence"?

A top line forward or just a top 6 forward who can put up ~50-60 points? Cause I would trade MacArthur for something like Visentin.

if you wanted a top forward like Kessel for exampe, itd probably make Toronto a bad trading partner. Your most valuable pieces are on the blueline, which is probably Torontos biggest longterm strength.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:12 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Cause I would trade MacArthur for something like Visentin.
I'm sure you would.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:01 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Lol at some of these suggestions for Yandle. Good player, no doubt, but won't fetch nearly what you think he will. He's not Karlsson.
The benchmark on perceived value is Gagner and MPS. A proposal the Phoenix turned down. I'm merely stating that Maloney is in no rush and can wait for the right deal.

I also don't believe Karlsson is available out of Ottawa. Yandle may be (again for right assets). Don't sell Yandle short either. He's a year removed from finishing 5th in Norris voting and last season when Yandle struggled by trying to do too much early on to justify his new deal the franchise still managed to win the Pacific Division. Upside on Yandle in a non-Tippett coached team is likely in that 60-75 point range (keep in mind he had 59 in Phoenix's popgun offence two years ago).

Last edited by hbk: 01-12-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old
01-12-2013, 08:22 AM
TOGuy14

Toronto would have interest in Klesla (I know he is on the non-move list) in a deal consisting of either JM Liles or CMac in the package

Old
01-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Daffy

Quote:
The benchmark on perceived value is Gagner and MPS. A proposal the Phoenix turned down. I'm merely stating that Maloney is in no rush and can wait for the right deal.

I also don't believe Karlsson is available out of Ottawa. Yandle may be (again for right assets). Don't sell Yandle short either. He's a year removed from finishing 5th in Norris voting and last season when Yandle struggled by trying to do too much early on to justify his new deal the franchise still managed to win the Pacific Division. Upside on Yandle in a non-Tippett coached team is likely in that 60-75 point range (keep in mind he had 59 in Phoenix's popgun offence two years ago).
Gagner and MPS isn't good value at all, I'll give you that. And trust me, I know Karlsson isn't available. He will be a Sen for life.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:39 AM
zytz
lumberjack

I feel like getting flamed this morning:

Hossa + Hjalmarsson

for Yandle + Vermette

Hawks give up the best player here to solve two problems- upgrade on defense and fill the 2C spot with a real center. Coyotes get Hossa to provide offense, but also fits in quite nicely with the Coyote's very strong defensive system. Hjalmarsson is included as a body that can fill a spot on the Coyotes' defense, but also with Yandle coming over the Hawks would need to clear some cap, and I just assume PHX would rather have Hjalmarsson than Oduya, Montador, Frolik, or Olesz. Hjalmarsson is ideal as a bottom pairing defenseman, which would allow some of the Coyotes up and coming defenders larger roles in which to grow in the top 4 spots.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:42 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I feel like getting flamed this morning:

Hossa + Hjalmarsson

for Yandle + Vermette

Hawks give up the best player here to solve two problems- upgrade on defense and fill the 2C spot with a real center. Coyotes get Hossa to provide offense, but also fits in quite nicely with the Coyote's very strong defensive system. Hjalmarsson is included as a body that can fill a spot on the Coyotes' defense, but also with Yandle coming over the Hawks would need to clear some cap, and I just assume PHX would rather have Hjalmarsson than Oduya, Montador, Frolik, or Olesz. Hjalmarsson is ideal as a bottom pairing defenseman, which would allow some of the Coyotes up and coming defenders larger roles in which to grow in the top 4 spots.
Phoenix needs Vermette and have the depth that they wouldn't want Hjalmarsson included.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:43 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I am guessing if PHO traded Yandle, they would want a player who can score now, not 2-3 years from now
I don't see it taking Nelson 2-3 years to be a productive top-6. The guy is pretty close right now, IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if he's productive from day one this year, and then takes his game to that next level in 2013-14.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Rutkowski

Why would the Coyotes want a player that might not ever return to playing as he did before? Hossa is still injured, isn't he?

Old
01-12-2013, 09:03 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Why would the Coyotes want a player that might not ever return to playing as he did before? Hossa is still injured, isn't he?
He's been working out for awhile now, and will be playing opening night.

Also, you break it you buy it.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
He's been working out for awhile now, and will be playing opening night.

Also, you break it you buy it.
Oh, my bad, must've missed that piece of news.

Also, I'm sure there's a couple of teams with claims on Crosby now if that rule is in effect.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:47 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Oh, my bad, must've missed that piece of news.

Also, I'm sure there's a couple of teams with claims on Crosby now if that rule is in effect.
Undoubtedly they only reason the Pens haven't moved him is because its not clear which team's claim is the most valid

Old
01-12-2013, 11:04 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:

Can you show us where you heard this? As an Oiler fan, I've never heard of this offer ever being made.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:05 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Gagner and MPS isn't good value at all, I'll give you that. And trust me, I know Karlsson isn't available. He will be a Sen for life.
Disagree. Just because HF seems to hate a player doesn't mean NHL GM's agree.

Closed Thread