HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Kreider Thread (1/22: Kreider fine, skating at practice)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2013, 04:14 PM
  #76
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,325
vCash: 500
Its kind of unreal how our fans 3 months back were giddy about CK but now think he is a bust because he didnt score 20 goals in AHL lol. Lets face it without Kreider the rangers might not have gotten past ottawa which would have been a major letdown considering we were 1 in the East. Im not saying the kid shouldnt have to earn his spot because he definetly does but the great thing about Kreider is that he has all the tools to be a good player but he is also mature for his age. So can we please let the kid actually play a regular season before saying he is not as good as we thought

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:38 PM
  #77
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
I wouldn't read much into his AHL stats.. I'm going to call him out and simply state that he wasn't going at it 100%, 100% of the time. The "kid" went from playing PLAYOFF hockey, to playing in the AHL while the rest of his team was dealing with a lockout. To assume his head was in the game playing for the Whale is a stretch. I'm going to assume all he thought about was getting back on the ice with the guys he bleed with during the playoffs last season, the guys he started bonding with.. He's still developing as a man, not just a hockey player, thus I dont think he was fully committed to Whale hockey, it was probably comparable (psychologically ) to getting sent down to the JV squad while Varsity was on springbreak..Just wasn't there..

Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:41 PM
  #78
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
I wouldn't read much into his AHL stats.. I'm going to call him out and simply state that he wasn't going at it 100%, 100% of the time. The "kid" went from playing PLAYOFF hockey, to playing in the AHL while the rest of his team was dealing with a lockout. To assume his head was in the game playing for the Whale is a stretch. I'm going to assume all he thought about was getting back on the ice with the guys he bleed with during the playoffs last season.. He's still developing as a man, not just a hockey player, thus I dont think he was fully committed to Whale hockey, it was probably comparable (psychologically ) to getting sent down to the JV squad while Varsity was on springbreak..Just wasn't there..
I dont see why he wouldnt be fully committed in this case. Im sure he knows he has to get better. Half-assing it in the AHL doesnt really accomplish those goals.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:49 PM
  #79
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont see why he wouldnt be fully committed in this case. Im sure he knows he has to get better. Half-assing it in the AHL doesnt really accomplish those goals.
Not saying he was "half-assing" it, just wasn't 100% there, more so mentally than physically. But that's just my opinion. I wouldn't be, but that's my psychological make-up, I'd be chomping at the bit to get back on the ice with my team.. The NHL team I was fighting with in the SC playoffs..

Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:26 PM
  #80
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Its kind of unreal how our fans 3 months back were giddy about CK but now think he is a bust

Enough with the strawman arguments already!

1. There's a tendency here to view everyone other than yourself as one person. "People are crazy, first they like X, then they hate him. Make up your mind already!" ... Guess what, it's not the same person you are talking about. While you may not pay attention to who's posting, the idea that everyone other than you is one person is simply not true.

2. Nobody and I mean nobody called him a bust. The only time I see the word "bust" posted here is in strawman arguments where people are saying, "stop calling him a bust!"

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:29 PM
  #81
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
I wouldn't read much into his AHL stats.. I'm going to call him out and simply state that he wasn't going at it 100%

Again, this is false. Not a single person watching Whale hockey is arguing this. Nobody who knows what they are talking about thinks this is an accurate statement, yet all those who haven't watched a hockey game since May think they are big experts on what he's doing in the Whale.

Everyone and I mean everyone, down to the Whale TV commentators, are saying that the reason he's struggled in the AHL is that he has been given more responsibility than the instructions to "just skate fast" before the playoff games.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:38 PM
  #82
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Again, this is false. Not a single person watching Whale hockey is arguing this. Nobody who knows what they are talking about thinks this is an accurate statement, yet all those who haven't watched a hockey game since May think they are big experts on what he's doing in the Whale.

Everyone and I mean everyone, down to the Whale TV commentators, are saying that the reason he's struggled in the AHL is that he has been given more responsibility than the instructions to "just skate fast" before the playoff games.
Like I said, "MY OPINION"... Am I not entitled to one because it differs from everyone right down to the Whale commentators...?

Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:07 PM
  #83
stan the caddy
Registered User
 
stan the caddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
The IQ question marks go back to his days in college. He played well in the playoffs but he wasn't accumulating huge point totals. Hopefully he'll get it together, he has the tools to.

stan the caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:08 PM
  #84
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,863
vCash: 500
At least he's been playing. Half the Rangers roster hasnt played a lick of competitive hockey for months.

He'll bounce around for a couple of weeks among all four lines. His presence on the big club isnt really an issue. It's gravy for him.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:23 PM
  #85
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,360
vCash: 500
I can't believe how many fans are OK with the excuse that he wasn't playing at 100%. Like that's an OK excuse, even if it was true.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:57 PM
  #86
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 19,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
The IQ question marks go back to his days in college. He played well in the playoffs but he wasn't accumulating huge point totals. Hopefully he'll get it together, he has the tools to.
A guy coming out of college into the playoffs should be accumulating huge points? He was our best forward against NJ.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:13 PM
  #87
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Havent posted here since the lockout started and now i remember why. This place is even crazier than i recall. I really could care less what Kreider did in the AHL on a poor team that seemingly lacks structure. Lets see what happens starting January 19th. That is if everyone here doesnt jump off the roof because "Kreider's a BUST OMG".

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:59 AM
  #88
Lerb
Registered User
 
Lerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,762
vCash: 500
This is like sexism...

There's sexism because you keep pointing it out. If people just let it go and slowly make social movements toward greater gender equality, things will solve itself.

We're just here talking about it and making it into a problem that really exist within itself.

Lerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:47 AM
  #89
ohbaby
Registered User
 
ohbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
It's a bit puzzling why he has not had much success with the whale.

But the bottom line is he makes the NYR's a better team with him in the lineup. We have seen how Hag's speed has helped this team, and the same can be said about CK in the playoffs. Getting in on the forecheck will be their main goals on this team. When they do that, this team has success.

We have to stop worrying about his production, and appreciate how much more dangerous we will be as a team.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:55 AM
  #90
gravey9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
Anisimov had a pedestrian first year with the whale and he turned out just fine. Kreider is just figuring out the pro game. He's not been lighting things up, but from what i remember he didn't exactly light it up when he first got to BC either. We'll know more about his game by the end of next season - roughly. For now, we need patience.

gravey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 07:32 AM
  #91
msv957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Kreider will be fine playing on this stacked Ranger team. Richards, Gaborik, Nash, Callahan and etc will take the pressure off Kreider. Kreider can just blend into the team system and get plenty of points playing a top line or top 6 minutes surrounded by great players. This is just about a perfect situation for a prospect to succeed.

Granted, it would have been nice to see some solid stats in the AHL for Kreider as it would quiet the doubters.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 07:51 AM
  #92
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
This is like sexism...

There's sexism because you keep pointing it out. If people just let it go and slowly make social movements toward greater gender equality, things will solve itself.

We're just here talking about it and making it into a problem that really exist within itself.
That is totally not how sexism and gender inequality (and racism and other thing) work. Ignoring it does not make it go away holy ****

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:41 AM
  #93
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,224
vCash: 500
putting the discussion back on track now.

There is no "Kreider issue"

He will be in the line up.

He's not, nor has he EVER demonstrated that he is a player that creates offence so his paltry numbers in the AHL to me are meaningless when looking at the serious lack of creativie centers down there.

Kreider is a finisher, plain and simple. He will use his size along the wall to retain the puck, his speed to get to prime scoring spots and his shot to bury the chances that his centers create for him. On the PP he's going to be a BEAST in front of the net. Imagine Callahan but 5 inches taller and 30+ pounds heavier? That is Kreider.

There is no debate about where the kid starts the season.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 09:11 AM
  #94
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
I see CK ceiling being Erik Cole and perhaps beyond and hopefully not basement being Jason Chimera ( big guy fast skater questionable head and shot )

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 09:12 AM
  #95
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Kreider will be fine playing on this stacked Ranger team.

We are not really stacked, we are just top-heavy. Once injuries start to hit, we'll be in a little bit of trouble. I'm hoping guys like Halpern, Pyatt, even Hrivik, can come through for us to create decent depth.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 09:14 AM
  #96
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,042
vCash: 500
All those people saying that his AHL performance is irrelevant, let me ask you something: let's say things were in reverse. Let's say Kreider was killing it in the AHL. Would you still say that the AHL didn't matter?

At this point, we don't know if his AHL performance matters. Let's see what he does in the NHL. This might all be Kenny G's fault. But let's not kid ourselves: his AHL performance has been disappointing.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:43 AM
  #97
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 8,561
vCash: 500
I think he's one of those players that needs talent around him. Which is fine. Not a big deal. Based on that, don't look for him to be a super star.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:43 AM
  #98
msv957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
We are not really stacked, we are just top-heavy. Once injuries start to hit, we'll be in a little bit of trouble. I'm hoping guys like Halpern, Pyatt, even Hrivik, can come through for us to create decent depth.
You can say this for just about all the NHL teams. If injuries hit any team they will be in a little bit of trouble.

Kreider really can't ask to be put in a better position with this Ranger team. It should be interesting to see what he will do this year and beyond.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:44 AM
  #99
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 7,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
All those people saying that his AHL performance is irrelevant, let me ask you something: let's say things were in reverse. Let's say Kreider was killing it in the AHL. Would you still say that the AHL didn't matter?

At this point, we don't know if his AHL performance matters. Let's see what he does in the NHL. This might all be Kenny G's fault. But let's not kid ourselves: his AHL performance has been disappointing.
It depends on if there's a logical explanation behind it. Most people who are saying the AHL numbers don't matter much reason that they don't matter because he's a finisher first and foremost and he doesn't have people to set him up in the AHL. That makes some sort of sense. If the opposite were true, and the Whale was stacked with great playmaking centers and Kreider was killing it playing with them, I think some people would be saying that the numbers are inflated or don't mean that much. If he were just killing it with this roster as it is now, I bet people would be very, very excited because that'd mean that he's shown he's capable of doing everything. It depends on the context.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:48 AM
  #100
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
It depends on if there's a logical explanation behind it. Most people who are saying the AHL numbers don't matter much reason that they don't matter because he's a finisher first and foremost and he doesn't have people to set him up in the AHL. That makes some sort of sense. If the opposite were true, and the Whale was stacked with great playmaking centers and Kreider was killing it playing with them, I think some people would be saying that the numbers are inflated or don't mean that much. If he were just killing it with this roster as it is now, I bet people would be very, very excited because that'd mean that he's shown he's capable of doing everything. It depends on the context.
This is a logical, level-headed response. Unfortunately, its not the thought process of many Ranger fans.

The MO around here is to gloat when prospects are doing well and make a litany of excuses when things are going poorly.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.