HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gormley to the Islanders

Old
01-12-2013, 11:05 AM
TSA0402

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Maloney acquired Vermette for a 2nd, why would he trade a top prospect for less value?
In all fairness Vermette was playing 3rd line wing on a terrible Columbus team and completely lost his game with a ton of salary owed. His numbers had been pretty bad for awhile.

It seemed that Vermette would rebound on a team like the Coyotes, but Maloney still took a big risk. Perspective.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
It's also pretty insane to suggest we would trade Gormley as well. It would take an overpayment to get him.
Prepared to give up Gormley, OEL and a 1st? Because I doubt Snow trades Tavares even for that haul.

I agree that in order to get Gormley some team would have to give up a return that would really hurt, but Tavares isn't going anywhere until Tavares wants to.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:09 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
It's also pretty insane to suggest we would trade Gormley as well. It would take an overpayment to get him.
I would say quite unlikely, but not insane. Big difference.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:31 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
In all fairness Vermette was playing 3rd line wing on a terrible Columbus team and completely lost his game with a ton of salary owed. His numbers had been pretty bad for awhile.
It seemed that Vermette would rebound on a team like the Coyotes, but Maloney still took a big risk. Perspective.
That's not true. Just because the BJ's weren't utilizing him right does not mean he regressed. I was hoping all season long that the Coyotes should acquire him. I was expecting the cost to be higher. His #'s were only bad when he played on that 3rd line last year. You pair him up with the right forwards and his #'s improve. Maloney did not take a big risk, but, IMO, had to wait for the right opportunity to acquire him at a premium. ! of the reasons why the Coyotes had that run in the playoffs...

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:38 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I would say quite unlikely, but not insane. Big difference.
Potatoe, potato my friend!

doaner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
JT. Nothing less.
LOL, this is hilarious.

Tavares: 2009 draftee, 22 years old, 8th in NHL scoring for 2011-2012 (81 pts in 82 games).

Gormley: 2010 draftee 20 years old, 35 AHL games (11 points).

To get JT from the Isles, you would have to gut your franchise. He's one of the most valuable players in the league, considering his contract, age, NHL production, and upside.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:58 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Nino + Bailey + 3rd

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:08 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Yeah. 30! That's like, WAY old!!! LOL
At 30 yrs old, does he fit into their youth movement? No.

Will he be a ufa very soon.Yes.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:11 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Maloney is high as a kite on Gormley. This coming from the same GM that fell in love with OEL. So the price is going to be astronomical. More than what any franchise could justify, save perhaps the Oilers.

The Coyotes would love to have Nielsen though. Stone is the next best after Gormley, and is NHL ready. I could see a trade involving those two.
I can't.

Isles will go with Martinek in that #4 role and keep F. Nielsen.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:12 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Nino + Bailey + 3rd
gtfo

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:41 PM
StrongIslanders90

Gormley would cost alot but people saying Tavares are ridiculous..... I needed a laugh...

I would rather the Isles just go after Stone or Summers from PHX.....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:44 PM
CBJ Scruffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
LOL, this is hilarious.

Tavares: 2009 draftee, 22 years old, 8th in NHL scoring for 2011-2012 (81 pts in 82 games).

Gormley: 2010 draftee 20 years old, 35 AHL games (11 points).

To get JT from the Isles, you would have to gut your franchise. He's one of the most valuable players in the league, considering his contract, age, NHL production, and upside.
There's absolutely no room for reason here, don't be silly.

But really, as a neutral 3rd party, I don't know why Phoenix fans wouldn't consider trading Gormley for the right value. I don't think its too outlandish to see a scenario where the numbers game effects the development of someone in Phoenix's system, whether it be Gormley or not. If you have another hole on your roster you could fill with the same level talent, why not?

CBJ Scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Another prospect does not address the woes on the Isles defense.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Scruffy View Post
There's absolutely no room for reason here, don't be silly.

But really, as a neutral 3rd party, I don't know why Phoenix fans wouldn't consider trading Gormley for the right value. I don't think its too outlandish to see a scenario where the numbers game effects the development of someone in Phoenix's system, whether it be Gormley or not. If you have another hole on your roster you could fill with the same level talent, why not?
The Draft is a few months away, Isles have plenty of options to draft in the top-10.

Keep in mind here that the Isles & Yotes do make goo trade partners. Isles have an abundance of young forwards, Yotes young dmen. They could easily fulfill eachothers roster needs.

*Once the Flames realize they need to rebuild, Snow should target Giordano. Flames could use a prospect or two from the Isles to start their rebuild.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:33 PM
CodeE

The lockout made me miss "Islanders fan asks for the value of another player, opposing fans demand a crazy price tag, with the mandatory suggesting that only by trading Tavares would the deal get done" threads. Glad to see they're back

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
The lockout made me miss "Islanders fan asks for the value of another player, opposing fans demand a crazy price tag, with the mandatory suggesting that only by trading Tavares would the deal get done" threads. Glad to see they're back
Really, one guy mentioned Tavares in an over the top example that it would take a big return to get Gormley. One guy, that's it.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:46 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
The Draft is a few months away, Isles have plenty of options to draft in the top-10.

Keep in mind here that the Isles & Yotes do make goo trade partners. Isles have an abundance of young forwards, Yotes young dmen. They could easily fulfill eachothers roster needs.

*Once the Flames realize they need to rebuild, Snow should target Giordano. Flames could use a prospect or two from the Isles to start their rebuild.
I agree that the Isles and Yotes make good partners. I just doubt they'd go for Gormley. I think any of Yandle, Klesla, or Rundblad would be their prime targets. Depending on price and what the Isles would be willing to give up. I could see them parting with a top forward prospect and a 1st if it were a guy like Yandle coming back, but for Rundblad I have no idea what they'd be comfortable offering.

I also thought Calgary would do a bit of rebuilding as well, but after the Wideman signing I highly doubt they would go that route.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Lehner

Ottawa offers Zibanejad for Gormley

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Islander fans how about if cap works for nucks

Ballard for viz and pick if he's willing to come back to anOther team?

Dr Awesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:56 PM
goal1228

I would say Nielsen + Nino + 2013 1st pick for Yandle if that Yandle rumor about him being shopped is true .. but i'm not sure its enough and the Isles would only be opening up another hole at forward.

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
JT. Nothing less.
ahahah !

thanks for the joke I didn't laugh that much for a while

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:02 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Ottawa offers Zibanejad for Gormley
I was all for this until I heard that his girlfriend cheated on him. Seriously though, does he have health issues? Concussion?

Old
01-12-2013, 04:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I would not trade Gormley at this point. He's like Kaberle in the offensive zone and like Michalek in the other two. At least he was as an amateur. I can't wait to see what he can do as a pro. He is just a prospect, but he's as good a prospect as we've ever had.

01-12-2013, 04:17 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I would not trade Gormley at this point. He's like Kaberle in the offensive zone and like Michalek in the other two. At least he was as an amateur. I can't wait to see what he can do as a pro. He is just a prospect, but he's as good a prospect as we've ever had.
I'm with rt on this. Gormely is so underrated. He's a top 10 prospect in the entire league and easily top 5 on just d prospects (and he's closer to 1 than he is 5 btw).

I love our D. I just don't think a corps that includes both Yandle and Rundblad is sustainable. One must go and I believe Maloney wants to free up the cash in Yandle's contract for OEL.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:19 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by goal1228 View Post
I would say Nielsen + Nino + 2013 1st pick for Yandle if that Yandle rumor about him being shopped is true .. but i'm not sure its enough and the Isles would only be opening up another hole at forward.
If it is a rumor, it is false! Maloney will listen to any offers, except for Doan. It does not mean he will trade that player. NYI do not have another center other than Tavares to entice the 'Yotes to trade KY. Nielson and Nino may get you Gormley, though. That 1st round pick has more value after where the Islanders pick and not at the beginning of the season. Maloney is not a gambling man when it comes to assets.