Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 roster predictions

Old
01-12-2013, 11:38 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

vCash: 500
I predict McMillan will be one to get traded for scraps.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

We are still pretty weak in the middle.
Getzlaf-Koivu-Bonino-Holland may be too short to sneak into the playoffs.

I know Murray didn`t want him back after the season, but what you guys think about bringing back Rod Pelley?
Our FO ability is a mess right now. Outside of Getz and Koivu, we have Bonino (43% last season) and Holland (under 40% in 4 games - only Devo and Ryan were worse). Pelley won almost 50% and he`s able to play 7-8 minutes per game easily.

At least 3 of our centers could win a faceoff at times, instead of 2.
He may have way less offense than Holland have, but what does offense alone when you cant win a faceoff. And we also have 1 bad FO man in Bonino.

I would like to take a look at both Pelley and Holland in camp on 4th line, but Pelley is my early favorite. I doubt we will be able to get anything better at center.
And like i stated before - i dont believe that Palmieri suddenly will be a good fit on top line AND - we don`t have any better center right now for 2nd line than Koivu (defensively AND ofensively). So :

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry top line
Cogliano-Koivu-Selanne speedy, but aging 2nd line with some offense
Winnik-Bonino-Palmieri young 3d line with some defensive responsibilty with Win and Bon
Beleskey-Pelly-Staubitz/Devo hitmen 4th line
Sexton

Beauchemin-Fowler
Souray
-Lydman
Allen
-Sbisa

Hiller
Fasth

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:00 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Not so sure about those lines. Beside the 1st line (which would be one of the best in the league) the other three aren't really going anywhere. The 2nd line relies heavily on our soon to be 43 year old to produce. As much as I hope he will be as great as last year, I'm afraid he will struggle to hit it off in the shortened season.

I would rather roll four lines who might achieve a higher rate of production and hope Bonino and Holland has developed in the faceoff-department over the offseason.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Not so sure about those lines. Beside the 1st line (which would be one of the best in the league) the other three aren't really going anywhere. The 2nd line relies heavily on our soon to be 43 year old to produce. As much as I hope he will be as great as last year, I'm afraid he will struggle to hit it off in the shortened season.

I would rather roll four lines who might achieve a higher rate of production and hope Bonino and Holland has developed in the faceoff-department over the offseason.
Going with what we have instead of what i`d like to see.
Do we have better options for 2nd line? I don`t think so. Hoping for Holly and Bonino progression on faceoffs, is just as good as hoping for Cogliano to develop better vision to give a better pass for Teemu.

Holland should have progressed on the faceoff dot, at least as much as i`ve seen of him on AHL, but he should be around 45% at best on NHL level imo (just my prediction from what i`ve seen).

I also expect Koivu and Teemu to regress, but do we have anything better for 2nd line? Plain and simple - NO

Old
01-12-2013, 12:16 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I'd go with Ryan on the 2nd line with Teemu on RW. Think its a better idea to spread the scoring around the top6 so that the RPG-line doesn't have to meet the top-pairing D-guys every time. And if we go with Bonino/Holland on that C it will probable be easier for him with a powerforward in Ryan and an experienced scorer in Teemu by his sides.

(And I still feel the Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano line would be the optimal defensive 3rd line)

Old
01-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Too early to tell, think we'll know more after camp which combinations seem to have potential

However, we saw how 'meh' Cogs-Koivu-Selanne was. I hope they try something different before they go back to that.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Pelly is useless IMO. Not nearly physical enough and doesn't bring much energy to that line. Would rather have a prospect their then him.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I'd go with Ryan on the 2nd line with Teemu on RW. Think its a better idea to spread the scoring around the top6 so that the RPG-line doesn't have to meet the top-pairing D-guys every time. And if we go with Bonino/Holland on that C it will probable be easier for him with a powerforward in Ryan and an experienced scorer in Teemu by his sides.

(And I still feel the Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano line would be the optimal defensive 3rd line)
Ryan and Selanne haven`t worked that good in the past either. Taking Ryan off, we have a very big hole on the top line. Palmieri doesn`t fit the style AND the position. Devo could fit the position and playing style, but just doesn`t seem to be not as nearly good for that right now.
I`d like that defensive line too (maybe with Devo on the Cogs place), but we will pay with 2C position for that line.
I`d love to see our young guys being able to step into 2C position, but in reality - we just don`t have one, so we have to go with what we have here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Too early to tell, think we'll know more after camp which combinations seem to have potential

However, we saw how 'meh' Cogs-Koivu-Selanne was. I hope they try something different before they go back to that.
Definately true. Just trying to think logical to know what to expect. The first games will give us an expression. Bruce should have some crazy plans in his mind.
And i also would like to see something better than - Cogs-Koivu-Selanne, but the ''best'' thing i could think of, is Winnik-Koivu-Selanne, which is even more '''meh'' imo.
Maybe Palmieri, but like i said - he`s not a natural LW and may struggle. At least Koivu and Teemu would be more easyer for Palms than Getz and Perry, who play completely different. So we`l see

Old
01-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Pelly is useless IMO. Not nearly physical enough and doesn't bring much energy to that line. Would rather have a prospect their then him.
He does make a hit or few in a game.
Way physical than Bonino. And Holland doesn`t look any bit ''physical'' than Pelly for me

Old
01-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

I'll second what Kalvinators said, that I'd really like someone big and skilled on the line with Selanne. The only guy that fits that bill is DSP, but I'm not sure if he's ready for the role. If he is, I'd love to see him creating space and chaos, and knocking in some rebounds.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
I'll second what Kalvinators said, that I'd really like someone big and skilled on the line with Selanne. The only guy that fits that bill is DSP, but I'm not sure if he's ready for the role. If he is, I'd love to see him creating space and chaos, and knocking in some rebounds.
In reality, i don`t think we have one.

Doubt Devo is ready.
The only realistic options for now seems Cogs or Palms, unfortunately

Old
01-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Exit Dose

Pelley might not be the right choice, but he wasn't useless. That is just as silly as the 'Cogs does nothing' crap. He's better at the dot than any of our centers.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Pelley might not be the right choice, but he wasn't useless. That is just as silly as the 'Cogs does nothing' crap. He's better at the dot than any of our centers.
He's not better than Koivu. He was the best of the rest, but still lost more than half his draws.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
He's not better than Koivu. He was the best of the rest, but still lost more than half his draws.
I'm talking about Norfolk.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I'm talking about Norfolk.
Ah. Is there a place to find AHL faceoff stats? Theahl.com doesn't track them (that I've found).

Old
01-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Ah. Is there a place to find AHL faceoff stats? Theahl.com doesn't track them (that I've found).
I haven't found one, yet. Pelley is the guy that Yawney goes with when there's a crucial faceoff.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
They, literally, don't track them. Mind-boggling.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:57 PM
RPGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry top line
Cogliano-Koivu-Selanne speedy, but aging 2nd line with some offense
Winnik-Bonino-Palmieri young 3d line with some defensive responsibilty with Win and Bon
Beleskey-Pelly-Staubitz/Devo hitmen 4th line
Sexton
I like your lines. I'm really hoping we get to see Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry play together again. The way your lines are set up I see Ryan, Cogs, and Palmieri as interchangeable if things need a quick shake up. I like the idea of bringing Pelley back in, he seems like the kind of guy BB likes on his 4th line. Pelley helps out the PK a lot too. You see the effect the Bernier-Carter-Gionta line had for the Devils in their Cup run last year as an energy line, I really want the Ducks to do something like that because like the Devils, we don't have the most talent in our bottom six. Beleskey-Pelley-DSP could bring a lot of energy to the ice. This forward group needs more role players, Pelley is the definition of that.

RPGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGrizzly View Post
I like your lines. I'm really hoping we get to see Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry play together again. The way your lines are set up I see Ryan, Cogs, and Palmieri as interchangeable if things need a quick shake up. I like the idea of bringing Pelley back in, he seems like the kind of guy BB likes on his 4th line. Pelley helps out the PK a lot too. You see the effect the Bernier-Carter-Gionta line had for the Devils in their Cup run last year as an energy line, I really want the Ducks to do something like that because like the Devils, we don't have the most talent in our bottom six. Beleskey-Pelley-DSP could bring a lot of energy to the ice. This forward group needs more role players, Pelley is the definition of that.
I would love to see some better suited players at some positions, but this is really the best i can take out of the guys we have.

Line juggling for sure will take lace, and, basically, you just can`t go with one lineup for the season - that`s just not how it goes. But again - this is the best i could came up with.

I was pretty surprised, though, that Pelley didn`t saw big PK minutes last season, as i saw today randomly looking statistics. He did great how much i can remember, though. At the very least he could take a cruical faceoff on the PK while Koivu is exhausted.
He certainly fills a role or two on the bottom 6 - he can win a faceoff, which is very important, he can drop the glowes, if needed and he brings some veteran experience.

If i have to choose a 4th line center from the pieces we have, i certainly will go with Pelley for now. Unless Holland shows some real magic in the camp.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Slim7979

Who makes the team

Since everyone seen the call ups for the forwards. Who makes the team and who doesn't? Also the two defenseman that were called up are Guenin and Henry. Let's see what everyone thinks.

My Prediction: Maroon, Holland, Palmeri, DSP

Now its your turn!

Slim7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
icemancometh: AHL Norfolk brings in six players so it figures that Admirals have sent some guys to Anaheim. Don't know who yet.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim7979 View Post
Since everyone seen the call ups for the forwards. Who makes the team and who doesn't? Also the two defenseman that were called up are Guenin and Henry. Let's see what everyone thinks.

My Prediction: Maroon, Holland, Palmeri, DSP

Now its your turn!
1) we don`t know who are called up. Share your source, please

2) like i said a couple days ago - first we have to take a look on who we might need, instead of choosing just random guys

LW - Ryan, Cogliano(?), Winnik, Beleskey
C - Getzlaf, Koivu, Bonino
RW - Perry, Selanne, Staubitz

Therefore, we are only 2 players short Probably 3, since we might carry a #13 forward (id guess Staubitz or Sexton). I can`t see that group being called up - i can`t see a room for Maroon - if he`s up, then Cogs moves to other position and takes away another place.

I`d like to see other called up players before i make guess.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Slim7979

[mod delete] And you are crazy to say Maroon shouldn't be on the roster. This will be his break out season I promise! Also the two D I named are who got called up. A total of 7 guys.

Last edited by snarktacular: 01-14-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Slim7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim7979 View Post
[mod delete] And you are crazy to say Maroon shouldn't be on the roster. This will be his break out season I promise! Also the two D I named are who got called up. A total of 7 guys.
They have called up, not chosen to stay. Anyway, 4+2=6, so who is also called up?

Maroon doesn`t seem to have progressed at all since last season. No matter how much insider you are, you can`t predict right now who`ll gonna stay, unles your name is Bruce and your mancrush is called Pat
I really can`t see Pat staying, but we`ll see. He must at least be tried on the 1st line for some time just to be sure.

Last edited by snarktacular: 01-14-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: quote edited post
Old
01-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Selanne138

Id like to see what a Ryan-Holland-Palmieri line would look like, but that leaves Teemu as the odd man out, playing on basically the third line and Getzlaf and Perry without a linemate, unless we want to use Devo there, which I dont really like.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote