HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM intersted in MDZ

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2013, 10:38 AM
  #401
HitmanKiller12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
Lindros.

I didn't say EDM should put RHN on the market but if the right offer ever came in, you'd accept it.
This deal is not close to the right offer. Edmonton would not accept that deal if RNH was the only asset going to the rangers.. its that bad.

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:42 AM
  #402
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,802
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Has he signed his contract yet?

Maybe he does, but until then I'd say he qualifies as disgruntled (or at least on the way to that state of mind)
So it's pure conjecture. Got it. Thanks.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:46 AM
  #403
HitmanKiller12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Want to bet on it? As insane as he is with UFAs Sather hardballs the **** out of RFAs.
He does hardball RFA's; however, MDZ being a 40 point dman does not get less than $3M, unless it is on a 1 year deal to prove himself more. For McD, unless he has an awful year I would be shocked if he got under $5M considering other contracts being given and rumoured to other defenceman (PK rumoured to $6M per, McD is so much better then PK).

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:50 AM
  #404
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
RHN + Petry + 2nd rounder '14

For

Stepan + MDZ + 1st '14


Fair deal? Maybe add Hemsky from Edmonton and Gaborik for Rangers if necessary. Rangers get an upgrade at C. Downgrade at D, but Petry is pretty decent and he is right handed. Rangers get a injury prone top 6 winger for a 40 goalscorer but they save capspace and they're really strong on the wings.
No thanks. I won't freak out like other posters, but I think finding a franchise centre is one of the toughest tasks a GM has. Either you pay a premium in free agency (while having other advantages like location/market also work in your favour) such as you guys had in obtaining Richards, or you suffer through a season of half assed hockey and get first crack at the top 18 yr old as we were forced to do. I like Stepan a lot and think he fits perfectly as a 2C, but its still a big drop off from what we expect out of RNH. I honestly think he could be Datsyuk calibre, minus the Selke level D (but still strong two way play). You just don't part with that type of player.

As for MDZ, he's a fantastic player, but I don't see us giving up what the Rags would want. With the way Petry played in the second half last year I'd be much more inclined to run with him than package him with one of our best players to upgrade our D (and I'm not sure the upgrade from Petry to MDZ is that large).

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:51 AM
  #405
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Has he signed his contract yet?

Maybe he does, but until then I'd say he qualifies as disgruntled (or at least on the way to that state of mind)
There's a difference between not having a contract yet and being disgruntled.

Apparently, you don't know the difference.

CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:52 AM
  #406
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,802
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
RHN + Petry + 2nd rounder '14

For

Stepan + MDZ + 1st '14


Fair deal? Maybe add Hemsky from Edmonton and Gaborik for Rangers if necessary. Rangers get an upgrade at C. Downgrade at D, but Petry is pretty decent and he is right handed. Rangers get a injury prone top 6 winger for a 40 goalscorer but they save capspace and they're really strong on the wings.
The value is not there for the Oilers. But the idea that the Rangers just throw in their top goalscorer is odd to me.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:53 AM
  #407
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Has there actually been any legitimate rumours in the last few pages or are we still going off of what Eklund said?
LOL, no legitimate rumors.

CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:54 AM
  #408
Brian28
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
Lindros.

I didn't say EDM should put RHN on the market but if the right offer ever came in, you'd accept it.
If you have to point to the Lindros trade to justify trading RNH then you've already lost the argument. The situations are nowhere near similar as RNH is happy playing in Edmonton and isn't being a primary Donna about his situation.

Even then the quality of return is not sufficient to trade the only legit 1st line center prospect we've had in over a decade. The pieces don't vault us into cup contender status which is what it would take to even think about trading RNH right now.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:56 AM
  #409
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,657
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanKiller12 View Post
He does hardball RFA's; however, MDZ being a 40 point dman does not get less than $3M, unless it is on a 1 year deal to prove himself more. For McD, unless he has an awful year I would be shocked if he got under $5M considering other contracts being given and rumoured to other defenceman (PK rumoured to $6M per, McD is so much better then PK).
For this contract?
If it is 3 years or less - I would take that bet!

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:59 AM
  #410
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanKiller12 View Post
He does hardball RFA's; however, MDZ being a 40 point dman does not get less than $3M, unless it is on a 1 year deal to prove himself more. For McD, unless he has an awful year I would be shocked if he got under $5M considering other contracts being given and rumoured to other defenceman (PK rumoured to $6M per, McD is so much better then PK).
Really? I suppose 65 point forwards don't get less than 3 mil either. Oh wait, yes they do. Couture just got 2.875 per year on a 2 year deal this past summer. Do you really think MDZ has more value?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:04 AM
  #411
HitmanKiller12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
For this contract?
If it is 3 years or less - I would take that bet!
Okay, if that was the case I would want edmonton to offer-sheet MDZ for 3.3 at 3 years.. I would gladly take him on the oil for that amount and compensation is only a 2nd.. If only Tambo had the stones to pull this off.

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:09 AM
  #412
HitmanKiller12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Really? I suppose 65 point forwards don't get less than 3 mil either. Oh wait, yes they do. Couture just got 2.875 per year on a 2 year deal this past summer. Do you really think MDZ has more value?
Well considering that other Ranger fans suggest that if he was to be traded to the oilers that one of the big 5 would have to go back.. is he a sub $3M defenceman or is he this valuable defenceman that some make him out to be.. the logic is wrong somewhere. Also, comparing defensive to offensive contracts is vastly different..

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:15 AM
  #413
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,802
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanKiller12 View Post
Well considering that other Ranger fans suggest that if he was to be traded to the oilers that one of the big 5 would have to go back.. is he a sub $3M defenceman or is he this valuable defenceman that some make him out to be.. the logic is wrong somewhere. Also, comparing defensive to offensive contracts is vastly different..
Maybe not in a one-for-one, but one of the big 5 is the only Oiler asset the Rangers would be interested in.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:21 AM
  #414
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanKiller12 View Post
Well considering that other Ranger fans suggest that if he was to be traded to the oilers that one of the big 5 would have to go back.. is he a sub $3M defenceman or is he this valuable defenceman that some make him out to be.. the logic is wrong somewhere. Also, comparing defensive to offensive contracts is vastly different..
No, the logic makes sense. Past the big 5 the oilers have very, very little to offer a team in the rangers position. It's not so much that MDZ is definitely worth one of them, as much as its that if the rangers were going to trade him to the oilers, they'd need to trade him and some other pieces for one of those 5 players because they're contenders and they aren't going to downgrade their roster at this point for the future.

Also, it's not as simple as saying that he's a sub $3M D-man. He's played three NHL seasons, two of which were great and one of which was garbage. Sather tends to stick to 2 year deals for second contracts. Those two facts combine to produce a situation where MDZ is likely to get a 2 year deal that will be worth less than some of the longer deals comparable players are getting.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:22 AM
  #415
HitmanKiller12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Maybe not in a one-for-one, but one of the big 5 is the only Oiler asset the Rangers would be interested in.
Okay, well edmonton would not give away any of their young stars a second significant asset would be required to come back. The only one even slightly available would be yakupov due to position and the fact he is the newest of the lot. The deal would also have to favour the oilers quite substantially to give up a player of that caliber.

To NYR
Yakupov

To Edm
Kreider
MDZ
(Maybe even a 1st or 2nd)

Ugly isn't it? And that is not even as bad as the RNH proposal from the last page..

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:24 AM
  #416
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,802
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanKiller12 View Post
Okay, well edmonton would not give away any of their young stars a second significant asset would be required to come back. The only one even slightly available would be yakupov due to position and the fact he is the newest of the lot. The deal would also have to favour the oilers quite substantially to give up a player of that caliber.

To NYR
Yakupov

To Edm
Kreider
MDZ
(Maybe even a 1st or 2nd)

Ugly isn't it? And that is not even as bad as the RNH proposal from the last page..
Directionally, that's what I am talking about. Not saying this specific deal, but this is more in line with what Ranger fans are saying.

Personally I don't think there's deal to be made between the two team because they are in different places and the needs don't match.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:27 AM
  #417
HitmanKiller12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
No, the logic makes sense. Past the big 5 the oilers have very, very little to offer a team in the rangers position. It's not so much that MDZ is definitely worth one of them, as much as its that if the rangers were going to trade him to the oilers, they'd need to trade him and some other pieces for one of those 5 players because they're contenders and they aren't going to downgrade their roster at this point for the future.

Also, it's not as simple as saying that he's a sub $3M D-man. He's played three NHL seasons, two of which were great and one of which was garbage. Sather tends to stick to 2 year deals for second contracts. Those two facts combine to produce a situation where MDZ is likely to get a 2 year deal that will be worth less than some of the longer deals comparable players are getting.
If he can get signed for under $3 on a short contract that would definitely be a win for Sather, considering the Rangers relatively tight cap situation (not do much this year but when McD needs to be resigned). This would give the Rangers the best chance at a cup over the next couple years for sure.

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:31 AM
  #418
HitmanKiller12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Directionally, that's what I am talking about. Not saying this specific deal, but this is more in line with what Ranger fans are saying.

Personally I don't think there's deal to be made between the two team because they are in different places and the needs don't match.
I agree with you there. The Rangers are making a cup push and Oilers their first playoff push since 06. The teams are looking for the same kind of deal. New York should sign MDZ and stand put, while the Oilers need to see what their current kids can do.

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:52 AM
  #419
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanKiller12 View Post
Well considering that other Ranger fans suggest that if he was to be traded to the oilers that one of the big 5 would have to go back.. is he a sub $3M defenceman or is he this valuable defenceman that some make him out to be.. the logic is wrong somewhere. Also, comparing defensive to offensive contracts is vastly different..
3M for a second contract doesn't mean the player is bad.
Logan Couture, after a 32 goal, 56 point season, signed a 2 year bridge for 2.875 mil. Is he valuable?


And while I think your above proposal a few posts up is a bit much, that's likely around where a MDZ+ for Yakupov deal would stand.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:55 AM
  #420
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanKiller12 View Post
If he can get signed for under $3 on a short contract that would definitely be a win for Sather, considering the Rangers relatively tight cap situation (not do much this year but when McD needs to be resigned). This would give the Rangers the best chance at a cup over the next couple years for sure.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1238603

Quote:
The Rangers are likely looking to give Del Zotto about $1.875 million per season as they have for players in similar situations in the recent past. Del Zotto is thought to be seeking something in the ballpark of $2.3 to $2.5 million. The fact that the salary cap ceiling is falling from $70.2 million this season to $64.3 next season under the new CBA also plays a role in how much teams are willing to spend.
Brooks reported the Rangers offering 2.4 for 2 years and MDZ wanting 3 for 2 years. Sather won't budge much, so you can likely expect a 2 year for 2.5 or 2.6.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:03 PM
  #421
HitmanKiller12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1238603



Brooks reported the Rangers offering 2.4 for 2 years and MDZ wanting 3 for 2 years. Sather won't budge much, so you can likely expect a 2 year for 2.5 or 2.6.
Good for sather if he can! (No sarcasm intended)

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:20 PM
  #422
McArthur
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey Heart Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
Oilers won't be able to afford Yakupov at the end of his ELC. Unless RNH and Schultz take a home town discount. Spending 30 million on 5 players leaves you with 35 for 15... Probably a total of 6 million in net by then so 29 million for 14 more skaters. And that's with one high priced d-man. Tambo has some choices to make.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:28 PM
  #423
HitmanKiller12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Oilers won't be able to afford Yakupov at the end of his ELC. Unless RNH and Schultz take a home town discount. Spending 30 million on 5 players leaves you with 35 for 15... Probably a total of 6 million in net by then so 29 million for 14 more skaters. And that's with one high priced d-man. Tambo has some choices to make.
So your saying they can't do what Chicago is doing?

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:29 PM
  #424
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
LOL I love how a thread about Del Zotto to EDM turns into Yakupov/RNH/Hall to NYR.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:55 PM
  #425
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Oilers won't be able to afford Yakupov at the end of his ELC. Unless RNH and Schultz take a home town discount. Spending 30 million on 5 players leaves you with 35 for 15... Probably a total of 6 million in net by then so 29 million for 14 more skaters. And that's with one high priced d-man. Tambo has some choices to make.
The Rangers currently have 4 players making a combined 28.8mil. They seem to be doing OK. If we have the big 5 all making 6mil (and their performances are worthy of it) then we should we consider ourselves lucky to have that type of talent assembled. You need to have good organizational depth through the draft, get lucky in signing role players, and always plan a year or two ahead. Currently, one key difference is the Rangers have their cap mistake buried in the minors while ours wears a letter. Luckily that won't be a concern by the time Yak's contract expires.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.