HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Erik Cole thinking about retirement?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2013, 12:01 PM
  #201
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,019
vCash: 500
Cole has been beat down by the lockout and the frustration of a 28th place team. Being a mercenary has some downside.

A lot of guys get listed as potential deadline sell off players, the reality is there are not that many players other teams are truly interested in. Cole could actually be one of those players if he plays well. Given the multi-year rebuilding program going on in Montreal I would not begrudge a trade back to Carolina should the Hurricane get into contention.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:03 PM
  #202
Mynameismark*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Ahead of time like how many years ahead? We have till trade deadline to figure it out. Sorry, but the reason does matter. But then, I'm talking about what at stakes for us. What the Habs have to deal with as of today. Whether I think it's relevant or not is not what at stakes here, or so I repeat it for 1000 times.

But then you talk about Bergevin having to deal him with an American team...do we have that luxury? Or do we have to deal him to a team close to his home which reduces greatly the number of teams?

As far as the Québécois...well you did bring the American issue. I didn't. So my point is that if you are right, and that it is a problem to get the Americans here (which I don't necessarily believe in), well I guess that the whole "close to home" would less apply to Quebecers? And then, this whole Brière, Lecavalier and Lapointe thing goes beyond what I said. First, you draft those Québécois. You don't let them experience elsewhere like those guys did. Then, you surround themselves with a better team and with more local talent. That way, Brière and Lecavalier don't feel like they're the only franco SAVIOUR of this average Habs team. Why the heck would you come to a mediocre team desperately in need of some locals to save it with all the pressure that it means? Some would, they didn't want to.

Just because this is Montreal doesnt mean you need locals and loads of them. Just winners.

As for Cole, he can do what he likes.

As for my own opinion.....we should have signed Jagr.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:19 PM
  #203
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Just because this is Montreal doesnt mean you need locals and loads of them. Just winners.

As for Cole, he can do what he likes.

As for my own opinion.....we should have signed Jagr.
I somewhat agree with you. I didn't bring the American topic, Onice did. Do believe in having more of them, locals of QUALITY not only quantity, but talent prevails whatever country you are from. And Cole's thought process would not change my philosophy on that matter.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:35 PM
  #204
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb View Post
unless it's the wbc
wbc?

when I read that im thinking world baseball classic, but i'm thinking this joke is way over my head lol

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:54 PM
  #205
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
It doesn't matter what their reasons were. They announced ahead of time they would consider retirement. That's what Cole did. Forget his reasoning! He said AT THE END of the season he would reconsider. If he wants to leave 8 million on the table, it's his effing business. When he signed, his contract was worth X amount. Now after the new CBA his contract is worth X-Y. Things have changed.

Also, you don't know what the puck is going on with his daughter and he does mention her in the clip. Maybe when he signed he thought his daughter could handle the move. After a year of living in Quebec he found out his daughter is having reservations or trouble. That coupled with the fact that his contract today is not worth as much as when he had signed, gives Cole all the right to consider retirement.

It's none of our effing business as long as he comes to play when he's collecting his pay cheque and I have no worries about Cole playing to his best.

Now if i were Bergevin I would look to trading him to an American team so his daughter is no longer an issue in his playing and we would get value in return.

As for this making it more evident that we should go after Quebecois players, I'm guessing you conveniently forgot about Briere, Lapointe, Lecavalier giving the Habs (and their mother land Quebec) the finger.
Of course the reasons matter, that's the whole point!

Cole didn't think about retiring after last season, he talked about it for the first time when the lockout happened and he was upset about rollbacks. He mentioned how owners needed to respect the contracts already in place. Don't you find it ironic now that he's questioning whether or not he will respect his contract??? Did I say ironic? I meant hypocritical.

If Cole wants to retire because he has lost passion for the game and really wants to enjoy time with his family, then that's all good. There wouldn't be one bad comment in this thread. But that's not what he said.

Every time Cole talked during the lockout it was about the cash, and he did it again now. He mentioned how every player in the NHL should take a step back and reconsider their careers due to the lost cash this CBA will impose. Now, if these guys lost 50% of their salaries, I'd understand, but that's not even close to it. Cole will lose a few 100K. To middle class people, that'd be huge, however, for Cole, he'd still be bringing in millions. So, is it really that bad?? I mean, so bad to the point that it pushes you to retirement??? Of course not. So why even mention it? It only makes him look like greedy.

As for his family, this isn't news. He knew about all this change before agreeing to this contract. If his daughter is truly unhappy, to the point where they're discussing moving back to Carolina, then fine that's very understandable. Also, this isn't the first time he moved. It was 4 years ago, but still, it wasn't the first time, and it certainly wasn't in a city that offered as much as Montreal.
And why talk about the CBA then?? It doesn't add up, and certainly, he would have mentioned that before anything. He talked about retirement when the lockout started, because of the rollbacks (cash), this is the first we hear about his family. So, it doesn't seem like that's really the reason.

But all of this really doesn't matter to me. What irks me is the hypocrisy he showed saying how owners needed to respect their contracts but now is question whether he'll respect his.

As for trading him. What would a team pay for a guy that wants to retire? It decreases his value a lot. So, he really didn't help Bergevin there by making this public.

I lost respect for Cole when he talked trash about Hamrlik just because he had a different opinion. This just confirms it.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
  #206
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Alexdaman actually made an excellent post and then you come and take a steaming pile of **** all over it.

The average Canadian makes 50k a yr.

It's not jealousy it's REALITY. The point where he states that Cole makes 80 times the average Canadian didn't make you think? Cole is practically *****ing about still being rich. Sure I get it he has expenses and money tied up but when you make millions I'm sure there is some flexibility there.

He can retire but after his selfish comments I hope we trade him. Last year was a fluke for him anyway. What a vagina.
If you read his comments as "*****ing about being rich" that speaks more to your own insecurities than it does what Cole was saying. He didn't say anything to that effect, he is trying to make the best decision as to how he spends the next few years of his life, it has nothing to do with you.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:14 PM
  #207
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stug View Post
Its a bigger chance that Cole leaves his daughter then he leaves money. That boy is all about the cash nothing else.
A bit harsh, no? I don't think he's even contemplating retirement at all. I do think he's talking with emotion and blowing hot air, yet again.

I don't think he's that big of a core piece anyways and believe his contract will look a lot worse in a couple of years, so if he retires, it might be a good thing.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:32 PM
  #208
SAKS AVENUE
Registered User
 
SAKS AVENUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Erik Cole is going to play well into his late 30's early 40's much like Mark Recchi did. He's just being a little dooche right now because someone took his baseball away.

He's been acting quite childish since his "**** Betman" baseball hats and t-shirts were taken away from him.

Erik.....shut up and play hockey, don't make us hate you around here. You being a suck about the new CBA is rather annoying and not really necessary on all levels.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:39 PM
  #209
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Of course the reasons matter, that's the whole point!

Cole didn't think about retiring after last season, he talked about it for the first time when the lockout happened and he was upset about rollbacks. He mentioned how owners needed to respect the contracts already in place. Don't you find it ironic now that he's questioning whether or not he will respect his contract??? Did I say ironic? I meant hypocritical.

If Cole wants to retire because he has lost passion for the game and really wants to enjoy time with his family, then that's all good. There wouldn't be one bad comment in this thread. But that's not what he said.

Every time Cole talked during the lockout it was about the cash, and he did it again now. He mentioned how every player in the NHL should take a step back and reconsider their careers due to the lost cash this CBA will impose. Now, if these guys lost 50% of their salaries, I'd understand, but that's not even close to it. Cole will lose a few 100K. To middle class people, that'd be huge, however, for Cole, he'd still be bringing in millions. So, is it really that bad?? I mean, so bad to the point that it pushes you to retirement??? Of course not. So why even mention it? It only makes him look like greedy.

As for his family, this isn't news. He knew about all this change before agreeing to this contract. If his daughter is truly unhappy, to the point where they're discussing moving back to Carolina, then fine that's very understandable. Also, this isn't the first time he moved. It was 4 years ago, but still, it wasn't the first time, and it certainly wasn't in a city that offered as much as Montreal.
And why talk about the CBA then?? It doesn't add up, and certainly, he would have mentioned that before anything. He talked about retirement when the lockout started, because of the rollbacks (cash), this is the first we hear about his family. So, it doesn't seem like that's really the reason.

But all of this really doesn't matter to me. What irks me is the hypocrisy he showed saying how owners needed to respect their contracts but now is question whether he'll respect his.

As for trading him. What would a team pay for a guy that wants to retire? It decreases his value a lot. So, he really didn't help Bergevin there by making this public.

I lost respect for Cole when he talked trash about Hamrlik just because he had a different opinion. This just confirms it.
Well said Kriss. The hypocrisy is startling.

As I mentioned before Montreal was not a problem when they offered more money and more term than anyone else. I remember McGuire saying that it was probably 500K million per year too much and 1 year too much.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 07:11 PM
  #210
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Please, I beg you! Run the 35 goal, large foward, veteran, that calls Montreal his home, out of town!

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 07:31 PM
  #211
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,019
vCash: 500
The only problem with the comments are that without a careful clarification this becomes the seed for media trade rumours and a trade demand scandal later in the year.

Erik and Bergevin should work together to nip this in the bud.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:13 PM
  #212
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,946
vCash: 500
I wonder if Cole was one of the 12 players who voted no in the ratification vote.

Quote:
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Player ratification vote: 667 yes, 12 no - 98.2 percent. 679 of 763 players voted (89 percent)
http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/s...21716771336193

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:13 PM
  #213
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post



I mean, so bad to the point that it pushes you to retirement??? Of course not. So why even mention it? It only makes him look like greedy.
Some of you need to give your heads a shake. Cole is willing to walk away from the next two years and all the money he's gonna make AND THIS MAKES HIM GREEDY. Really? Do you even understand the meaning of greedy?

If he was greedy he'd play and not give a darn. If he decides to not play next year it's NOT because he's greedy. Jeeze.

I can understand you're upset because you had to spend your evenings with your wives or girlfriends instead of your TV and a bowl of chips watching hockey but that's no reason to throw logic out the door.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:20 PM
  #214
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Some of you need to give your heads a shake. Cole is willing to walk away from the next two years and all the money he's gonna make AND THIS MAKES HIM GREEDY. Really? Do you even understand the meaning of greedy?

If he was greedy he'd play and not give a darn. If he decides to not play next year it's NOT because he's greedy. Jeeze.

I can understand you're upset because you had to spend your evenings with your wives or girlfriends instead of your TV and a bowl of chips watching hockey but that's no reason to throw logic out the door.
hahahaha thanks for the laugh ! But try not to be too logical around here.
The season is starting, some of the wierd ones are back.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:22 PM
  #215
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I wonder if Cole was one of the 12 players who voted no in the ratification vote.



http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/s...21716771336193
Sorry, but I really fail to see why would that even matter at this point.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:38 PM
  #216
SAKS AVENUE
Registered User
 
SAKS AVENUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Our poor wounded kitten Erik....... what shall we do? Please people , drop it! Let the season begin and all this retirement bull can go away.


Oh *****, i forgot ......Montreal media won't oer hf for that matter.


RUN HIM OUT OF TOWN...........WALK THE PLANK COLE

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:54 AM
  #217
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Some of you need to give your heads a shake. Cole is willing to walk away from the next two years and all the money he's gonna make AND THIS MAKES HIM GREEDY. Really? Do you even understand the meaning of greedy?

If he was greedy he'd play and not give a darn. If he decides to not play next year it's NOT because he's greedy. Jeeze.

I can understand you're upset because you had to spend your evenings with your wives or girlfriends instead of your TV and a bowl of chips watching hockey but that's no reason to throw logic out the door.
What are you even talking about?...

I don't care how much Cole makes. Talk about missing the point...

What I'm talking about is that Cole is whining about the league not respecting contracts, and then he does the exact same thing by questioning whether or not he wants to respect his own contract. Is it really that hard to understand?...

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:34 AM
  #218
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,708
vCash: 500
For once the Habs get a quality UFA that sign with us and he produces, and he's one of a few power forward that we always coveted, now he wants to retire? We have the worst luck.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:51 AM
  #219
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I wonder if Cole was one of the 12 players who voted no in the ratification vote.



http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/s...21716771336193
You know Ryan Miller had to be one of them, the guy is a chronic whiner/complainer. Nothing worse than someone who's cranial cavity is occupied with more opinions than it is with brains.

Something about his face just makes me want to punch it lol. Some kind of primal urge to extinguish human/rodent hybrids I suppose......


Last edited by Estimated_Prophet: 01-13-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:25 AM
  #220
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What are you even talking about?...

I don't care how much Cole makes. Talk about missing the point...

What I'm talking about is that Cole is whining about the league not respecting contracts, and then he does the exact same thing by questioning whether or not he wants to respect his own contract. Is it really that hard to understand?...

What am I talking about? You said he looks greedy. If he was greedy he wouldn't leave 8 or 9 million on the table. He would play half-heartedly and collect his money. I hope you understand that subtle distinction but I doubt it. That's one thing.

Another thing, you and a few others on this board know diddly squat about contracts. If Cole retires it doesn't mean he is not respecting his contract. If he leaves the NHL and goes to play in another league THAT is not respecting your contract.

He signed a contract with the Habs. If he plays hockey he has to play with the Habs for the amount of money & number of years they agreed on. THAT doesn't mean he can't retire if he wants. The Habs don't own his life for 4 years.

Now for Cole's contract. A year and half ago he signed with the Habs because they offered him X amount. He sat down with his wife and family and they figured the money was enough to justify moving to another city (hell another country with another language). The league has decided not to respect the contract that Cole and the Habs signed. The lockout was about how much the NHLPA would allow the owners to get away with.

Now that they have an agreement Cole is left with a contract that MAY not be worth as much as the one he signed a year and half ago. He sees making X (what he agreed to) - Y (what the league says they need to roll back). He has all the right in the world to quit if he wants.

Do you get it or are you just another frustrated fan who thinks players are not people but things to entertain him?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:48 AM
  #221
RC51
Registered User
 
RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
What am I talking about? You said he looks greedy. If he was greedy he wouldn't leave 8 or 9 million on the table. He would play half-heartedly and collect his money. I hope you understand that subtle distinction but I doubt it. That's one thing.

Another thing, you and a few others on this board know diddly squat about contracts. If Cole retires it doesn't mean he is not respecting his contract. If he leaves the NHL and goes to play in another league THAT is not respecting your contract.

He signed a contract with the Habs. If he plays hockey he has to play with the Habs for the amount of money & number of years they agreed on. THAT doesn't mean he can't retire if he wants. The Habs don't own his life for 4 years.

Now for Cole's contract. A year and half ago he signed with the Habs because they offered him X amount. He sat down with his wife and family and they figured the money was enough to justify moving to another city (hell another country with another language). The league has decided not to respect the contract that Cole and the Habs signed. The lockout was about how much the NHLPA would allow the owners to get away with.

Now that they have an agreement Cole is left with a contract that MAY not be worth as much as the one he signed a year and half ago. He sees making X (what he agreed to) - Y (what the league says they need to roll back). He has all the right in the world to quit if he wants.

Do you get it or are you just another frustrated fan who thinks players are not people but things to entertain him?

so if he were greedy he would play like Gomez

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:19 AM
  #222
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
What am I talking about? You said he looks greedy. If he was greedy he wouldn't leave 8 or 9 million on the table. He would play half-heartedly and collect his money. I hope you understand that subtle distinction but I doubt it. That's one thing.

Another thing, you and a few others on this board know diddly squat about contracts. If Cole retires it doesn't mean he is not respecting his contract. If he leaves the NHL and goes to play in another league THAT is not respecting your contract.

He signed a contract with the Habs. If he plays hockey he has to play with the Habs for the amount of money & number of years they agreed on. THAT doesn't mean he can't retire if he wants. The Habs don't own his life for 4 years.

Now for Cole's contract. A year and half ago he signed with the Habs because they offered him X amount. He sat down with his wife and family and they figured the money was enough to justify moving to another city (hell another country with another language). The league has decided not to respect the contract that Cole and the Habs signed. The lockout was about how much the NHLPA would allow the owners to get away with.

Now that they have an agreement Cole is left with a contract that MAY not be worth as much as the one he signed a year and half ago. He sees making X (what he agreed to) - Y (what the league says they need to roll back). He has all the right in the world to quit if he wants.

Do you get it or are you just another frustrated fan who thinks players are not people but things to entertain him?
I understand what you are saying except that in your first sentence you're saying Cole would leave about 8 or 9 million on the table. But then later you say the contract is not worth as much as was when he signed. So exactly how much would he be "leaving on the table" given that before touching a hockey puck this season officially, he will have collected 8 mil? And to ream out one of your brethren while you are still collecting some money is a bit hypocritical.

I'd be a little disconcerted if this was Cole's plan before he signed the contract with the Habs - not to play out the contract. I understand "retirement" contracts but generally those are given to players who have serviced an organization for a longer period of time than what Cole has served. And this contract is quite generous compared to what he received in previous years so I doubt he was even counting on this chunk of change until Gauthier came along.

Having said all that I can understand why he so publically jumped all over Hamrlik - because Cole evidently was thinking of not playing anyway so why would he want the lockout to end while collecting a paycheck? So now who's being selfish?

Greedy.......IDK like I said he's earning more now than before while being on the downside. Sneaky, that maybe is a better description. But if his intent was to milk the organization then I'd call him greedy.

And Cole has lived in another country before and evidently didn't like it there too much either so there was some experience in that department.

The best thing Cole could do maybe is keep quiet. If he has issues with this, that and the other thing why not keep it to yourself, play a season, re-evaluate, retire if deemed necessary and thank the organization instead of disturbing the peace.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:30 AM
  #223
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
What am I talking about? You said he looks greedy. If he was greedy he wouldn't leave 8 or 9 million on the table. He would play half-heartedly and collect his money. I hope you understand that subtle distinction but I doubt it. That's one thing.

Another thing, you and a few others on this board know diddly squat about contracts. If Cole retires it doesn't mean he is not respecting his contract. If he leaves the NHL and goes to play in another league THAT is not respecting your contract.

He signed a contract with the Habs. If he plays hockey he has to play with the Habs for the amount of money & number of years they agreed on. THAT doesn't mean he can't retire if he wants. The Habs don't own his life for 4 years.

Now for Cole's contract. A year and half ago he signed with the Habs because they offered him X amount. He sat down with his wife and family and they figured the money was enough to justify moving to another city (hell another country with another language). The league has decided not to respect the contract that Cole and the Habs signed. The lockout was about how much the NHLPA would allow the owners to get away with.

Now that they have an agreement Cole is left with a contract that MAY not be worth as much as the one he signed a year and half ago. He sees making X (what he agreed to) - Y (what the league says they need to roll back). He has all the right in the world to quit if he wants.

Do you get it or are you just another frustrated fan who thinks players are not people but things to entertain him?
I guess we'll see if Cole actually retires then. A lot feels like he's just talking smack, so do I. Even a liar can say he's honest, get it?
I said every time Cole spoke about the lockout it was about the cash. Now he's going to be making 300K less, surprise surprise, he's whining about it and saying the 3M+ might not be worth the sacrifice of living in this city. Right. This makes him look greedy, and no, I doubt he will leave the 9 other millions behind him. He's just talking out of his butt.

I know diddly squat about contracts? I've signed contracts with employers before. It's the same here with more clauses I'm guessing, and more cash. In any event, you don't even have to know about contracts. The guy signed for 4 years, yes, he's allowed to retire if he wants to, heck the Habs can trade him too if they wanted, Habs don't own his life they own his rights, what are you even babbling about. When he signed, he made a commitment for 4 years for x amount. Now, he's going to make 92.5% of what they had agreed on, boohoo, cry me a river with him not making the same amount.
But he also signed knowing the CBA was coming to an end, and there was a lockout before, so let's not pretend this came out of nowhere. He knew there was this possibility.
He portrayed himself as a man of principles, one of which was honoring contracts, but now he's thinking about not respecting his contract just because his value went down to 92.5%? That doesn't seem right. And again, retiring because of the CBA (which is what he mentioned first, not his family) is a dick move.

I'm not frustrated, I don't care what he does, as I said, I think the guy is a moron because of what he said about Hammer while he was still collecting some cash. So, he can retire for all I care.


Last edited by Kriss E: 01-13-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:22 PM
  #224
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,454
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
wbc?

when I read that im thinking world baseball classic, but i'm thinking this joke is way over my head lol
Westboro Baptist Church.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:10 PM
  #225
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Our poor wounded kitten Erik....... what shall we do? Please people , drop it! Let the season begin and all this retirement bull can go away.


Oh *****, i forgot ......Montreal media won't oer hf for that matter.


RUN HIM OUT OF TOWN...........WALK THE PLANK COLE
No fan would contest

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.