Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Smackdown (SPOILER THREAD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 09:07 PM
SomeDude

vCash: 500
If you would have told me 3 weeks ago I'd be excited to see ADR win another title, there's no way I would have believed you, but that was pretty awesome. Glad I didn't read the spoilers. I thought Ziggler was going to cash in.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Orton/Cesaro - **1/2
Show/ADR - ***1/4

Good week for WWE, IMO. I'm gonna have to catch Sheamus/Ziggler from Main Event too. Read it was in the four star range.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:09 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
for those complaining about cena on monday. i think Del Rio kicked out of more finishers lol.
not the best match, but as i said before im so happy for him. hopefully a decent run to gain respect.
He didn't kick out of anything.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
ADR's face turn is changing that for a lot of people I find. It's really becoming easy to cheer for him.
I had a theory some time ago that people wanted to cheer him, but he was booked as a heel, and since his heel character was stale and wasn't booked all that well(in terms of drawing heat), they didn't have much of a reason to hate him, leading to no reactions.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:40 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Smackdown definitely pipes in music/sound. It's not genuine. I would be careful with those reactions.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Smackdown definitely pipes in music/sound. It's not genuine. I would be careful with those reactions.
They can, but they can't replace the actual crowd. Look at the crowd jumping up and down in the background at his win. Spoiler reports also said the crowd was hot for Del Rio all night. The reaction to his win was genuine.

The only legit reactions on Smackdown, in the past and now, from what I can tell, has been anytime Orton appears and The Rock's return tonight.

01-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

The Rock's line to Cody about him looking like he spends 20 hours on Craigslist still has me laughing when I think about it.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:08 AM
AlanHUK

The Rock / Rhodes Scholars segment.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
The Rock's line to Cody about him looking like he spends 20 hours on Craigslist still has me laughing when I think about it.
indeed. best part of the segment by far.

i hated cody when he first started to wrestler, but i gotta say, i'm a huge fan now. he really puts his all into his characters and i enjoy each time he hits the ring.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookeyMonster View Post
Loved the boos for Flo Rida.

Great segment with Rock and Rhodes/Sandow.
I believe they were saying "U" since Flo Rida showed that sign.

Rock also went along with the "what" chants.

Last edited by Jussi: 01-12-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
indeed. best part of the segment by far.

i hated cody when he first started to wrestler, but i gotta say, i'm a huge fan now. he really puts his all into his characters and i enjoy each time he hits the ring.
Cody's mustache is a character itself.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
The segment between The Rock and Sandow/Rhodes was absolutely awesome.

I got chewed out for hating Rock's promo with Punk, but hear me out. On the flagship show, in the final segment of the night, cutting scrotum jokes and other nonsense on the WWE Champion - while Punk was trying to remain serious - was not a good way of going about promoting a match with some serious hype behind it.

HOWEVER, the stuff he brought to Smackdown, in the middle of the show, was brilliant. That's when those jokes become good television. Rhodes and Sandow played their parts perfectly and provided a lot of entertainment, while Rock's delivery was excellent and on par, especially when he brought Lillian into the mix.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:24 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
The segment between The Rock and Sandow/Rhodes was absolutely awesome.

I got chewed out for hating Rock's promo with Punk, but hear me out. On the flagship show, in the final segment of the night, cutting scrotum jokes and other nonsense on the WWE Champion - while Punk was trying to remain serious - was not a good way of going about promoting a match with some serious hype behind it.

HOWEVER, the stuff he brought to Smackdown, in the middle of the show, was brilliant. That's when those jokes become good television. Rhodes and Sandow played their parts perfectly and provided a lot of entertainment, while Rock's delivery was excellent and on par, especially when he brought Lillian into the mix.
Last night was just a tremendous show. I do agree with you he needs to cut some of the humor and that last night was a perfect time to bring it out.

I love Rock when he paces back and forth and talks about whippin' some candy ass. I hope that comes out soon. I don't want him smiling or anything. I want to see a pissed off Rocky wanting to beat Punk up. That's when I think he's the best. But, unfortunately, we get a sing-a-long for Raw instead.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:48 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I believe they were saying "U" since Flo Rida showed that sign.

Rock also went along with the "what" chants.
Rock always liked playing around and going along with the 'what' chants

01-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

The Rock, Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes promo was edited for TV. The Rock called Damien Sandow a ********* during the promo.

"I know you're an intellectual *********, but shut your mouth."

Old
01-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

3.13 million viewers for Smackdown. First time they've gone above 3 million in a while.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

2.2 rating. Up from the 1.8 rating last week. 3.13 million viewers, up from the 2.7 million last week.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:26 AM
RussianRocket10

I hope I wasn't the only one who caught JBL's Brent Musburger line when he was talking about Rosa Mendes last night. I thought it was good.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

The Rock, CM Punk and possibly Ric Flair are all going to be at Smackdown tonight.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Brad Maddox was taken to hospital as part of an angle at Smackdown. Monday, Paul Heyman said he would take care of him.

Hmm...

Old
01-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Natalya won by submission.

CM Punk came to the ring to address the events of Raw to a surprising amount of crowd support considering the heel angle. Punk's promo revolved around his future potential and his reign as champion. As he began to say that one thing can disrupt his potential the crowd erupted into "Rock" chants.

Heyman read the executive order from the WWE regarding the loss of the championship if The Shield gets involved. Punk called out The Shield and refused to leave until they come out.

All three members came out from the crowd and circled the ring where Punk stood armed with a chair. Punk ordered The Shield to stay out of his way. After a few tense stairs, The Shield left the ring and Punk continued his best in the world rant when The Rock's music hit.

The Rock wiped the floor with Punk on the mic and then left the ring. Punk picked the mic up again and started calling Sacramento trash. The Rock came back out. A fist fight broke out followed by a huge Rock Bottom. Sacramento has apparently gotten over the rock concert from 2003 because the ovation here was amazing.

(Sounds awesome as the final build to their match)

Old
01-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Natalya won by submission.

CM Punk came to the ring to address the events of Raw to a surprising amount of crowd support considering the heel angle. Punk's promo revolved around his future potential and his reign as champion. As he began to say that one thing can disrupt his potential the crowd erupted into "Rock" chants.

Heyman read the executive order from the WWE regarding the loss of the championship if The Shield gets involved. Punk called out The Shield and refused to leave until they come out.

All three members came out from the crowd and circled the ring where Punk stood armed with a chair. Punk ordered The Shield to stay out of his way. After a few tense stairs, The Shield left the ring and Punk continued his best in the world rant when The Rock's music hit.

The Rock wiped the floor with Punk on the mic and then left the ring. Punk picked the mic up again and started calling Sacramento trash. The Rock came back out. A fist fight broke out followed by a huge Rock Bottom. Sacramento has apparently gotten over the rock concert from 2003 because the ovation here was amazing.

I was at the Rock concert back then. They may have boo'd him but they loved it when he went there. That was absolutely hilarious and everyone in that arena knew it but had to boo him anyway. lol

Old
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
OnTheFence

I was there last night, tons of fun! Was kind of hoping for more Rock than we got, but when he came back out to give Punk the Rock Bottom it was so worth it.

After the Smackdown taping, Big Show came back out and made a bunch of racial remarks towards Del Rio (who was still under the announcer's table) and said that he had a match with Del Rio right now for the Championship belt. Once Del Rio got in the ring, Big Show stated it was a no DQ match. Couple of cool table spots later, and Del Rio won. He was really over, and shook hands with fans after.

Superstars:
Khali defeated Epico, then Primo got on the mic and challenged Khali. Khali did the exact same moves to Primo and won the match. Super boring
Justin Gabriel defeated Kurt Hawkins, crowd was super dead for both. Kurt Hawkins cut his hair.

Saturday Morning Slam:
Kofi and Brodus Clay defeated Prime Time Players, PTP are hilarious...well, Titus is.

Main Event:
Ryback defeated Cesaro via countout. Cesaro got some offense in, and then eventually was thrown over the ropes, and walked out of the match.
Rhodes Scholars defeated Usos

Last edited by OnTheFence: 01-23-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: more stuff
Old
01-23-2013, 08:02 PM
OnTheFence

Quote:

Rock was all business. Super intense, no jokes at all, and then flipped the mic out of the ring and walked back up the stage. He pulled a Lesnar and jogged in place for a bit before going backstage.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:43 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Psycho Big Show is awesome.

Closed Thread