Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 01:37 PM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
I really like that move for Agudelo. The league as a whole is a step down, but Celtic is a top club which will give him constant Champions League football.

He also gets out of the mess that is Chivas USA.
if he joins this window and no one is sold there will be a lot of competition for a striker position with Hooper, Samaras, Watt, Lassad, Stokes, Miku

Old
01-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
if he joins this window and no one is sold there will be a lot of competition for a striker position with Hooper, Samaras, Watt, Lassad, Stokes, Miku
Good group of strikers, but I think it could be good for him to have some real competition. It'll show us if he's as good as he thinks he is and Lennon seems to really like him so I'd like to think he'd get a fair shake.

Plus, anytime you have the opportunity to get out of Chivas USA, you do it.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
On the field the desire and application of Fernando Torres, who was booed off by Chelsea’s supporters when he was replaced by Demba Ba during the Swansea loss, is under scrutiny again.

In training, he appears disinterested and his team-mates have lost count of the number of times he has told them he wishes he was back at Liverpool. Some of the Chelsea players wish he was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ol-return.html

if that's true.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:45 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Seriously? It's the Daily Mail.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:34 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Good group of strikers, but I think it could be good for him to have some real competition. It'll show us if he's as good as he thinks he is and Lennon seems to really like him so I'd like to think he'd get a fair shake.

Plus, anytime you have the opportunity to get out of Chivas USA, you do it.
yeah id like to sign him. our signing policy under lennon has been to sign young players with potential and increasing their value so he would be a good fit. as an american id also love to have an american in the celtic side...dom cervi just doesnt cut it lol.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I disagree immensely on Gundogan. He's been the best germany deep lying playmaker for a season and a half. His passing range and precision is just awesome. If Schweini's banged up again come 2014, I really hope we play gundogan ahead of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEC View Post
It is pretty funny how underrated Gündogan still is, even in Germany, but that might be because he doesn't have a really flashy play style. Like you said his last 1 1/2 seasons have been fantastic.
That really isn't true, though. The last year, I would slightly reluctantly give to people, but last year's first half was rather forgettable for him. One can count that up to being an understandable adjustment period, but still, he wasn't playing well at that time, whatsoever. He was settling in the 2nd half, but if people say that much more for him over that span, it feels a bit "flavour of the half-year-ish", to me, as he hasn't been that impressive this past half year, either, all things considered. A very good, player, I agree, and if you consider Dortmund's CL performances higher than everything else, even more, but generally, I wouldn't be as fast elevating players. Gündogan's on a very good way, but I'd be very hesitant to go that much further right now.

Last edited by Vipers31: 01-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
yeah id like to sign him. our signing policy under lennon has been to sign young players with potential and increasing their value so he would be a good fit. as an american id also love to have an american in the celtic side...dom cervi just doesnt cut it lol.
Cervi's still there? Has he even played in a game yet?

Old
01-12-2013, 04:23 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Cervi's still there? Has he even played in a game yet?
free agent now. he wasnt very good in preseason games for us. we tried signing bill hamid few years ago but wouldnt have gotten a work permit.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

On Hamid, I'm not sure DC lets him go yet either. He needs to have a full consistent year first. He's still quite young.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Meh. Not a whole lot of quotes or citations in that article.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
I really like that move for Agudelo. The league as a whole is a step down, but Celtic is a top club which will give him constant Champions League football.

He also gets out of the mess that is Chivas USA.
Having watched both SPL and MLS this season (probably about a dozen games in each) I'm not sure MLS is actually better than the SPL at all. Both are pretty rotten leagues where people who can actually play football stand out pretty blatantly.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:50 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
That really isn't true, though. The last year, I would slightly reluctantly give to people, but last year's first half was rather forgettable for him. One can count that up to being an understandable adjustment period, but still, he wasn't playing well at that time, whatsoever. He was settling in the 2nd half, but if people say that much more for him over that span, it feels a bit "flavour of the half-year-ish", to me, as he hasn't been that impressive this past half year, either, all things considered. A very good, player, I agree, and if you consider Dortmund's CL performances higher than everything else, even more, but generally, I wouldn't be as fast elevating players. Gündogan's on a very good way, but I'd be very hesitant to go that much further right now.
I think he's been just as spectacular this year as he was once he settled in last year. And I'm not saying he's gunna continue to develop and become the German Pirlo, but so far the kid's performances have been astounding, add further development from Gotze, Lewa, Hummels, the addition of Reus, and there's a lot more to Dortmund maintaining their high level of play than the loss of Sahin and so it shouldn't be used to discredit what he had accomplished playing for them. Getting buried at Real and not setting the world on fire as he adapted to the EPL aren't damning as he's still a good player.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Having watched both SPL and MLS this season (probably about a dozen games in each) I'm not sure MLS is actually better than the SPL at all. Both are pretty rotten leagues where people who can actually play football stand out pretty blatantly.
MLS is without question better overall than the SPL. Take away Celtic (and Rangers) and the SPL is on par with the Irish league.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:58 AM
Evilo

OM is close to accepting bids from Newcastle and Dortmund for Loic Rémy. Bids around 10M€.
If he's healthy, then it's a bargain, if he's not (like he has for a long time), then 10M€ is a great fee for OM.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:20 AM
Evilo

So after Ronaldo saying this week that going to PSG was not impossible, Falcao is now saying he loves France and that he is impressed by PSG's ambition.

I still don't think they'll get either of them, but you never know.
Who would have thought a year ago that they would have signed the best CB and a top 3 striker?

Old
01-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Foppa

Evilo, do you rate Serge Aurier? Arsenal have been linked to him as an eventual Sagna replacement. His statistics are quite immense and impressive for a 20 year-old.

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/370455

Old
01-13-2013, 09:17 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
MLS is without question better overall than the SPL. Take away Celtic (and Rangers) and the SPL is on par with the Irish league.
Regardless of whether you mean the Airtricity League or the Irish League you are wrong. Put the SPL and those leagues in one league system and the top flight would soon be dominated by the Scottish teams. I think there's only three fully professional clubs in all of Ireland: Sligo, Shamrock Rovers and St.Patrick's and those teams have less fan support than even small Scottish sides like Inverness CT.

Whether the MLS is better than the SPL I don't know, I only know the MLS is terrible.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:28 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...iker-Loic-Remy

Rumored 10M Euro (8.3M GBP)

Now to sign him, put him through his medical, and get him in for the Reading match.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Seriously? It's the Daily Mail.
I thought the Daily Fail was among the sources not ruled as reliable here?

Old
01-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I thought the Daily Fail was among the sources not ruled as reliable here?
Do you see the rumors that get posted? Everyone posts whatever they want regardless of the reliability. For example Arsenal have been linked to about a hundred players they haven't signed the last two windows, all those rumors posted and none come off. Yet people still think those sources are reliable. I've thrown my hands up with regards to it, people will do it anyway.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:08 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Redknapp wants Odemwingie and Yann M'Vila

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21001553

Old
01-13-2013, 10:56 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Redknapp wants Odemwingie and Yann M'Vila

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21001553
West Brom would be extremely stupid to let Odemwingie go this season. They have a chance at the EL and he's their second best forward. Don't know why M'Vila would go to QPR to be honest. If Newcastle and Dortmund rumors are true, he has better options.

Only signing he'll definitely get is Livermore from Spurs.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post

Now to sign him, put him through his medical, and get him in for the Reading match.
Now a CB (or 2 if Coloccini leaves) and Newcastle can start climbing back up the table.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
Evilo, do you rate Serge Aurier? Arsenal have been linked to him as an eventual Sagna replacement. His statistics are quite immense and impressive for a 20 year-old.

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/370455
Yeah Aurier's really good. He's started for 3 years now and he's only 20.
He needs to get better defensively, but in terms of offensive impact and crossing, he's top notch. He scored a beauty this weekend too.
He's way better than Sagna was at the same age.
But leaving now is too soon IMO, he's not ready defensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post

Put him through his medical? That's the toughest part of the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Don't know why M'Vila would go to QPR to be honest. If Newcastle and Dortmund rumors are true, he has better options.
Because he REALLY wants to leave Rennes. His level of play has gone down drastically since his suspension. Heck, Redknapp was in Lorient yesterday and he could see M'Vila assisting.... Bordeaux' forward for the 0-1.
As for Newcastle and Arsenal wanting M'Vila there is a difference between having interest and making an offer.
As of now, M'Vila has turned down Zenith and hasn't turned down QPR yet, and these two are so far the only teams with accepted bids.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:59 PM
BritSabre

Not ready defensively sounds perfect for an Arsenal fullback. Gibbs, Santos, Jenkinson... Even Sagna has been poor this year. On the subject of Jenkinson it is a travesty he won an England cap late last year. International caps used to be recognition for sustained high level of play. These days they're handed out to anyone who plays a couple of games for a "big club".

Closed Thread