HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XIV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2013, 11:45 AM
  #26
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Tömmernes with his 5th goal of the season.
Hows he playing KRM?

-----

Don't forget, Jensen also scored today. Should be his 14th on the year!

thefeebster is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 11:50 AM
  #27
Grammar Butcher
Registered User
 
Grammar Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Hows he playing KRM?

-----

Don't forget, Jensen also scored today. Should be his 14th on the year!
Yup 0-3 i 3rd.

Stream

Grammar Butcher is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  #28
hockeykid87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
I get to watch the Bulls a lot living here in Belleville, and they could challenge for the OHL championship with their trade deadline acquisitions.

Gaunce played the first game after the deadlines on the top line with Graovac, and they both had 4 points. I think Quine was playing on the second line last night. I don't think they'll take Gaunce off the too line. With Subban in goal who could get a shutout on any given night, the only team who could give Belleville a run in the East is Barrie, and they might lose Scheifele for the year to Winnipeg.

hockeykid87 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 12:14 PM
  #29
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
I get to watch the Bulls a lot living here in Belleville, and they could challenge for the OHL championship with their trade deadline acquisitions.

Gaunce played the first game after the deadlines on the top line with Graovac, and they both had 4 points. I think Quine was playing on the second line last night. I don't think they'll take Gaunce off the too line. With Subban in goal who could get a shutout on any given night, the only team who could give Belleville a run in the East is Barrie, and they might lose Scheifele for the year to Winnipeg.
How's Gaunce looking?

Nuck This is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 12:26 PM
  #30
Grammar Butcher
Registered User
 
Grammar Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Nicklas Jensen GWG. Match ended 2-3.

Stats

Grammar Butcher is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 12:37 PM
  #31
hockeykid87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
How's Gaunce looking?
He seems to go in spurts. Sometimes he looks like the player I think Gillis wants him to be, and other times he looks dis-interested.

The thing you notice immediately about Gaunce is his lack of a breakaway gear. He's a very average skater. He does battle hard and uses his big body well, but he also doesn't have a mean streak. He's never retaliates (which could be a good thing I suppose), but I'd like to see him get a little angry sometimes.

Another thing I've noticed is he has a quick release. He's able to take a pass from across his body and get rid of it very quickly. I would like to see him shoot more often too. I used to think he tried to use his teammates too much, especially when he had a bunch of 3rd/4th liners to play with. Now that the Bulls got a few bonafide scorers, he can use his passing more often to hit better players.

I think he's going to take off down the stretch. He struggled early this season (terrible linemates/shoulder injury), but he could be a force for the rest of the year and the playoffs.

Side note, he's very quiet off the ice. I've interviewed him a couple times and he doesn't seem to enjoy it too much. I did a story on him about what he's like off the ice and he seemed to like talking about himself more than hockey related stuff. Maybe he'll be more approachable to actual media haha

hockeykid87 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 12:47 PM
  #32
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 18,851
vCash: 500
Thanks Hockeykid87.

Would you say this lack of an extra gear is the acceleration off the line?

I know from what little I've been able to see of Brendan, the top speed is fine (actually I thought it was good).

arsmaster is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 01:40 PM
  #33
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Thanks Hockeykid87.

Would you say this lack of an extra gear is the acceleration off the line?

I know from what little I've been able to see of Brendan, the top speed is fine (actually I thought it was good).
Ya I heard last year they had a bunch of draft eligible prospects doing drills and Gaunce had the fastest top speed which was weird to hear but I forget where I saw it. I'm pretty sure it was a video.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 01:50 PM
  #34
Waveburner
RIP Luc
 
Waveburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In Morrison's house.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,490
vCash: 500
I would say about 80-90% of all prospects 6'2" or taller need to work on acceleration. Just part of the process of being that tall.

Waveburner is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 02:54 PM
  #35
Wisp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
According to Corrado's twitter, he just arrived in Vancouver. Guess he is coming to camp.

Wisp is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:15 PM
  #36
NonBruinHatingCanuck
Registered User
 
NonBruinHatingCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
According to Corrado's twitter, he just arrived in Vancouver. Guess he is coming to camp.
cool i just came here to ask if anyone knew If Corrado was invited to camp! Great News I hope he makes it!

NonBruinHatingCanuck is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:24 PM
  #37
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Ya I heard last year they had a bunch of draft eligible prospects doing drills and Gaunce had the fastest top speed which was weird to hear but I forget where I saw it. I'm pretty sure it was a video.
Found it!


PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:28 PM
  #38
ZenMaster*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Found it!

"Gaunce had a lot of first places out there..hes at the top most of the time"

ZenMaster* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:59 PM
  #39
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Highlights From Jensen's game

Jensen is with his 14 goals now the most scoring Rookie Jr in the SEL current format.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/awards...%20by%20Junior

Patric Hörnqvist with his 23 goals is more, but he was not a rookie in that season, only a Jr.

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:09 PM
  #40
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Highlights From Jensen's game

Jensen is with his 14 goals now the most scoring Rookie Jr in the SEL current format.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/awards...%20by%20Junior

Patric Hörnqvist with his 23 goals is more, but he was not a rookie in that season, only a Jr.
How many games left in their season?

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:10 PM
  #41
canuck4life16
Shinkaruk+Henrik=!!!
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,390
vCash: 50
14 goals for a rookie seems good for Jensen...how many games are there for SEL

canuck4life16 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:14 PM
  #42
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
How many games left in their season?
55 games in a season, they have played 39 so far.

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LStart.aspx?LId=250

Seems AIK are moving up the ranks, away from relegation

If AIK climbs one more spot, Jensen will be not be coming to N/A, as his team will be in the PO.


Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 01-12-2013 at 04:20 PM.
ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:16 PM
  #43
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
55 games in a season, I think they have played 39 or 40 so far.
38 based on the Elite Prospects site.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:19 PM
  #44
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
55 games in a season, they have played 39 so far.

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LStart.aspx?LId=250

Seems AIK are moving up the ranks, away from relegation
Nice, plenty of time to catch Hornqvist

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:21 PM
  #45
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
38 based on the Elite Prospects site.
Link was added a little later mate, sorry

Eliteprospects, are notoriously known for their slow updates

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:30 PM
  #46
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Link was added a little later mate, sorry

Eliteprospects, are notoriously known for their slow updates
They had him at 14 goals so I just assumed the game count was accurate too...

Tiranis is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:32 PM
  #47
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
They had him at 14 goals so I just assumed the game count was accurate too...
Understandably so

I think Jensen missed a game though... That's why he is at 38

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:53 PM
  #48
opendoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Highlights From Jensen's game

Jensen is with his 14 goals now the most scoring Rookie Jr in the SEL current format.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/awards...%20by%20Junior

Patric Hörnqvist with his 23 goals is more, but he was not a rookie in that season, only a Jr.
Yeah, it's pretty impressive. Even if you include non-rookie Junior age players, Jensen stacks up extremely well in terms of goals. In the last 20 years, here are the 10 best goal scoring seasons by Jr. aged players in the SEL:

1) Forsberg (92-93): 23

2) Hornqvist (06-07): 23

3) Naslund (91-92): 22

4) Naslund: (92-93): 22

5) D. Sedin (98-99): 21

6) D. Sedin (99-00): 19

7) Weinhandl (99-00): 15

8) Jensen (12-13): 14

9) Tedenby (09-10): 12

10) Bäckstrom (06-07): 12


On that list, Jensen is the only rookie, though obviously he's older than most of the other guys were in their rookie years. Still not bad for his first taste of pro hockey.

opendoor is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:11 PM
  #49
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Yeah, it's pretty impressive. Even if you include non-rookie Junior age players, Jensen stacks up extremely well in terms of goals. In the last 20 years, here are the 10 best goal scoring seasons by Jr. aged players in the SEL:

1) Forsberg (92-93): 23

2) Hornqvist (06-07): 23

3) Naslund (91-92): 22

4) Naslund: (92-93): 22

5) D. Sedin (98-99): 21

6) D. Sedin (99-00): 19

7) Weinhandl (99-00): 15

8) Jensen (12-13): 14

9) Tedenby (09-10): 12

10) Bäckstrom (06-07): 12


On that list, Jensen is the only rookie, though obviously he's older than most of the other guys were in their rookie years. Still not bad for his first taste of pro hockey.
Would it be easy to list those players ages at the time of these stats? Would be interesting to see how Jensen stacks up.

Some guys produce at lower levels but lack certain tools that make them translate well to the pro game in North America. Jensen doesn't look to be one of those guys, which is encouraging. He has size, strength, smarts and a big league shot. Very projectable frame and skillset IMO.

The Canucks really need Jensen and Kassian to reach their full potential. If these guys can develop into top 6 forwards the team might not take a nosedive in the standings as the Sedins fade into 2nd line players.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:15 PM
  #50
Hodgy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Yeah, it's pretty impressive. Even if you include non-rookie Junior age players, Jensen stacks up extremely well in terms of goals. In the last 20 years, here are the 10 best goal scoring seasons by Jr. aged players in the SEL:

1) Forsberg (92-93): 23

2) Hornqvist (06-07): 23

3) Naslund (91-92): 22

4) Naslund: (92-93): 22

5) D. Sedin (98-99): 21

6) D. Sedin (99-00): 19

7) Weinhandl (99-00): 15

8) Jensen (12-13): 14

9) Tedenby (09-10): 12

10) Bäckstrom (06-07): 12


On that list, Jensen is the only rookie, though obviously he's older than most of the other guys were in their rookie years. Still not bad for his first taste of pro hockey.
Has the SEL always awarded a goal for the shootout winner though? If not the results are bit skewed.

Hodgy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.