HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 1: Vancouver Canucks vs. Anaheim Ducks - Jan 19 - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2013, 03:27 PM
  #101
ThereGoesVirtanen
#53...the future
 
ThereGoesVirtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer

If Flames are opening vs. San Jose as per @RogMillions then I expect we'll see a #Canucks-Oilers opener.

nice twist!
Great...and how much do you wanna bet Yakupov gets a hattrick and a million threads on the main boards get created about how our window is closed and the Oilers are the best thing since sliced bread.


ThereGoesVirtanen is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:31 PM
  #102
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
This will be AV's 7th season as head coach and nearly the entire core of this current team is proof that one of AV's strength is developing young players.

AV has always given ice time to those who've earned it. This includes a young Kesler, Edler, Hansen, Burrows, Raymond, Tanev, Hodgson, Schneider, etc. The Sedins went from low level, fringe firsts liners to back to back Art Ross winners; they were 25 when AV started and he was the one who immediately made them the top line when he arrived. I honestly don't understand this reputation that some fans give him as an anti youth coach. What players have deserved more ice time that AV has given the shaft to? Is that list as long as the one I just provided?

If you want to watch ill prepared young players being shoe horned into roles above their heads, then the Oilers are the team for you. The Canucks are competing for a Cup, not running a farm team.

AV's not perfect by any means, but this is the one area that I feel he is beyond reproach.
I'm also a bit surprised that people think that AV will automatically choose Ebbett over Schroeder. Or that Kassian will not get the playing time he deservers.

AV praised Schroeder a good amount after last year's preseason. Just because he hasn't made the team yet doesn't mean that AV has anything against him. If anything, knowing AV's preference for hard-working players that are committed in all three zones, Schroeder will quickly become one of his favourites (if he shows he's got what it takes to be at this level).

Tiranis is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:32 PM
  #103
Crows*
 
Crows*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Great...and how much do you wanna bet Yakupov gets a hattrick and a million threads on the main boards get created about how our window is closed and the Oilers are the best thing since sliced bread.

Or we win 6-1. The twins get 4 points each and Justin Shultz breaks his leg.

Crows* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:34 PM
  #104
JerkChicken
Registered User
 
JerkChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Sound
Country: Cayman Islands
Posts: 2,455
vCash: 500
Ha...Someone change the GDT title!! Looks like it's not the Ducks, but the Oil at Rogers Arena opening night...

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug

Looks like Oilers will open in Vancouver then return home for a pair of games.

JerkChicken is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:35 PM
  #105
metric
Registered User
 
metric's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
I hope someone puts Schultz through the boards when we play the Oilers.




Yes, I'm a spiteful person.

metric is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:36 PM
  #106
metric
Registered User
 
metric's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
"CAL-EDM opener off. Sounds like HNIC wanted Vancouver vs anybody. Now neither Calgary or Edmonton will play til Sunday. Not each other. "

Of course they would. Who in their right mind would want to watch both of those two hack teams in one game?

metric is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:37 PM
  #107
Shareefruck
Registered User
 
Shareefruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
This will be AV's 7th season as head coach and nearly the entire core of this current team is proof that one of AV's strength is developing young players.

AV has always given ice time to those who've earned it. This includes a young Kesler, Edler, Hansen, Burrows, Raymond, Tanev, Hodgson, Schneider, etc. The Sedins went from low level, fringe firsts liners to back to back Art Ross winners; they were 25 when AV started and he was the one who immediately made them the top line when he arrived. I honestly don't understand this reputation that some fans give him as an anti youth coach. What players have deserved more ice time that AV has given the shaft to? Is that list as long as the one I just provided?

If you want to watch ill prepared young players being shoe horned into roles above their heads, then the Oilers are the team for you. The Canucks are competing for a Cup, not running a farm team.

AV's not perfect by any means, but this is the one area that I feel he is beyond reproach.
I agree completely.

Shareefruck is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:38 PM
  #108
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,721
vCash: 500
Oh got we have to hear how schultz is the next up and coming jesus

Lucbourdon is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:38 PM
  #109
JoeCool16
Registered User
 
JoeCool16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,896
vCash: 500
Why is this Vancouver vs Edmonton on Jan 19? I thought the rumour was that it would be Jan 20 for these two teams, and Van vs Ana on the 19th?

JoeCool16 is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:39 PM
  #110
Reverend Mayhem
Registered Nurse
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,503
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Can't believe we are going to watch hockey in 7 days! It's been so long. 9 months is too long to wait, it's like hockey was pregnant and we are going to get a nice, healthy baby delivered to us by the owners and players.

Reverend Mayhem is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:39 PM
  #111
JerkChicken
Registered User
 
JerkChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Sound
Country: Cayman Islands
Posts: 2,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
"CAL-EDM opener off. Sounds like HNIC wanted Vancouver vs anybody. Now neither Calgary or Edmonton will play til Sunday. Not each other. "

Of course they would. Who in their right mind would want to watch either of those two hack teams?
To be fair, the Oilers SHOULD be fun to watch this year.

The flames on the other hand...


JerkChicken is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:40 PM
  #112
Canucker
Go Hawks!
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 18,996
vCash: 500
Crush Schultz. Crush Yakupov. Welcome them to the NHL.

Canucker is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:41 PM
  #113
metric
Registered User
 
metric's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Can't believe we are going to watch hockey in 7 days! It's been so long. 9 months is too long to wait, it's like hockey was pregnant and we are going to get a nice, healthy baby delivered to us by the owners and players.
Hasn't sunk in for me so I'm not even excited yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkChicken View Post
To be fair, the Oilers SHOULD be fun to watch this year.

The flames on the other hand...

True. Let's hope they're exciting and still crappy. With new lottery system hopefully they don't get 1st overall again.

Oh, and I hope Schultz skates up the ice with his head down. I do miss having Torres though.

metric is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:42 PM
  #114
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,721
vCash: 500
I wanna absolutely unload massive bombs on schultz and yakupov.

Welcome to the nhl kids

Lucbourdon is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:45 PM
  #115
Reverend Mayhem
Registered Nurse
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,503
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I wanna absolutely unload massive bombs on schultz and yakupov.

Welcome to the nhl kids
Would you like a Diet Spite with that meal of hatred?

Reverend Mayhem is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:47 PM
  #116
Crows*
 
Crows*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,307
vCash: 500
I still think it will be van vs Anaheim on 19th then vs Edmonton on 20th

Crows* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:48 PM
  #117
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,245
vCash: 500
Ugh, would rather play the Ducks.

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:49 PM
  #118
KidCanuck*
HORS∃Y
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
I still think it will be van vs Anaheim on 19th then vs Edmonton on 20th
Mon. - Jan. 21 vs Anaheim 7:00 PM SNP

This was on the old schedule, so may keep this date the same

KidCanuck* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:28 PM
  #119
Luuuongo
Crabs!
 
Luuuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 500
BOOOO schultz

EDM board says we play them on the 20th?

Luuuongo is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:33 PM
  #120
OgoBoHo
Moderator
 
OgoBoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,181
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Assuming the deal that's gained some traction in the trade thread goes down:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kadri - Higgins/Kassian
Higgins/Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen
Frattin - Malhotra - Weise

Actually, not bad.
Second line gets eaten alive in the defensive zone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Fingers crossed for anybody but Mark Lee.

Yeah, I really hate that guy's roaring voice...
I'll GLADLY take Mark Lee. I'm desperate for some Canucks hockey.

OgoBoHo is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:35 PM
  #121
VanCanucks14
Registered User
 
VanCanucks14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,762
vCash: 500
Change the thread title. We play the Ducks on the 19th for our home opener and again on the 20th vs Edmonton. Both are home games.

VanCanucks14 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:40 PM
  #122
nabob
Hall for captain
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Or we win 6-1. The twins get 4 points each and Justin Shultz breaks his leg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
I hope someone puts Schultz through the boards when we play the Oilers.

Yes, I'm a spiteful person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Oh got we have to hear how schultz is the next up and coming jesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Crush Schultz. Crush Yakupov. Welcome them to the NHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I wanna absolutely unload massive bombs on schultz and yakupov.

Welcome to the nhl kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
BOOOO schultz

EDM board says we play them on the 20th?
So much hatred for players who havent played a NHL game yet. Wish we played you guys opening night .

nabob is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:41 PM
  #123
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I'll GLADLY take Mark Lee. I'm desperate for some Canucks hockey.
Yeah, anything to see the team play again, but come on...




aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:43 PM
  #124
OgoBoHo
Moderator
 
OgoBoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,181
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
So much hatred for players who havent played a NHL game yet. Wish we played you guys opening night .
Now you know how Canucks fans feel about having the Sedins. Soon the kids in Edmonton will be the ones HF attacks constantly, and I cannot wait.

OgoBoHo is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:44 PM
  #125
Canucker
Go Hawks!
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 18,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
So much hatred for players who havent played a NHL game yet. Wish we played you guys opening night .
All Oilers should be hated.

Canucker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.