HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Line-Up Thread: Scot Beckenbaugh Appreciation Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2013, 03:14 PM
  #251
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
canes fan suggested McBain for Matt Read.

McBain's stock has fallen a bit, but he is still young and RH.

Dunno.

EDIT: In a different thread, Read + 2nd for Rundblad was brought up. Dunno, might do that too.

I just don't see us resigning Read in two years, and I'm not sure how else this team is going to address its long-term needs on the blue line.
I would do both trades, no problem. I like Read but getting defense is key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojyea View Post
Do we have any interest in someone like del zotto?? his cap hit isnt very large at the moment and with 20% of the rangers cap being taken up by 2 players....can they really afford to give him a large contract to match one if we offer?

I heard from a few Rangers fans that believe when Giradi's contract is up they'll let him walk to FA.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:37 PM
  #252
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,854
vCash: 500
I wouldn't do Read + 2nd rounder. That's too much for us I believe. Read is a proven player who can step in and contribute right away for that team. Rundblad has been inconsistent in his NHL time, has the potential, but still needs to round out his game.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:42 PM
  #253
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I wouldn't do Read + 2nd rounder. That's too much for us I believe. Read is a proven player who can step in and contribute right away for that team. Rundblad has been inconsistent in his NHL time, has the potential, but still needs to round out his game.
he's only played 6 games in the NHL. if he were on most other teams in the league he'd already been in a top 6 role imo. and while i agree that read has actually proven something in the NHL i highly doubt read goes to the Coyotes and continues his scoring ways in their system. and lets not forget that he's also 4 years older then Rundblad.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:43 PM
  #254
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
he's only played 6 games in the NHL. if he were on most other teams in the league he'd already been in a top 6 role imo. and while i agree that read has actually proven something in the NHL i highly doubt read goes to the Coyotes and continues his scoring ways in their system. and lets not forget that he's also 4 years older then Rundblad.
He also played 24 with the Sens.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:45 PM
  #255
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Read + 2nd isn't a lot to get a solid D prospect.

Sign Sykora and bam we have the same offense

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:55 PM
  #256
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
I really don't think rundblad will be a top pairing defenseman and not the "future Norris winner" that sens fans had him pegged as during his last year in Sweden. He's already 22 and has been very unwhelming in his time in the NHL, I get that he will take a bit to hit his prime, but I don't see him making that big of a jump from AHL quality at 22, to top pairng in his prime...

Id rather look elsewhere for a young defenseman. I still say Kulikov.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:01 PM
  #257
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I really don't think rundblad will be a top pairing defenseman and not the "future Norris winner" that sens fans had him pegged as during his last year in Sweden. He's already 22 and has been very unwhelming in his time in the NHL, I get that he will take a bit to hit his prime, but I don't see him making that big of a jump from AHL quality at 22, to top pairng in his prime...

Id rather look elsewhere for a young defenseman. I still say Kulikov.
If he was, you'd never get him for Read.

I think he's likely to be a 3/4 defenseman with above average offensive skills--and he's a RH shot.

All of those things are valuable if you look at our blue-line long term. He doesn't solve the need for a #1D, but you can't do that around Read.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:02 PM
  #258
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
D men almost never look 'great' in their first year.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:03 PM
  #259
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
If he was, you'd never get him for Read.

I think he's likely to be a 3/4 defenseman with above average offensive skills--and he's a RH shot.

All of those things are valuable if you look at our blue-line long term. He doesn't solve the need for a #1D, but you can't do that around Read.
Exactly. It's perfect for our team. He can replace the offense that left with carle.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:05 PM
  #260
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
D men almost never look 'great' in their first year.
No of course not, but I've yet to see any play from him that alludes to him being a #1 or even a #2. I know you're not going to get that for read, but I'd rather just keep read and look elsewhere. Maybe you can put a package together, Involving read, for Kulikov. I still say Read, Laughton, 1st in 2013 and a 3rd in 2013

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:07 PM
  #261
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
No of course not, but I've yet to see any play from him that alludes to him being a #1 or even a #2. I know you're not going to get that for read, but I'd rather just keep read and look elsewhere. Maybe you can put a package together, Involving read, for Kulikov. I still say Read, Laughton, 1st in 2013 and a 3rd in 2013
Why not just trade Read for Rundblad and offersheet Kulikov.

Keep Laughton.

:-D

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:09 PM
  #262
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
He also played 24 with the Sens.
oh, my bad. but as a 21 yo i'm not really surprised at his inconsistency issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
If he was, you'd never get him for Read.

I think he's likely to be a 3/4 defenseman with above average offensive skills--and he's a RH shot.

All of those things are valuable if you look at our blue-line long term. He doesn't solve the need for a #1D, but you can't do that around Read.
this. he's not a #1 but he safely projects to be a solid PMD that will slide in on the second pairing. and at 22 he's got plenty of time to grow with the core, plus he's big and a righty. Schenn is the only rh d-man in the flyers long term plans as of right now and with kimmo set to retire soon and carle gone Rundblad's offensive game is a perfect fit imo.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:10 PM
  #263
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Kulikov would probably cost more than Read + Laughton + picks

Florida is finally getting their team together for playoff runs. Why would they trade a big part of their future for more unproved future pieces?

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:13 PM
  #264
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,232
vCash: 500
For Rundblad, would it be a better comparison to say he's a better version of Eminger? Or would that be insulting Rundblad and giving Eminger too much credit?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:16 PM
  #265
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Comparison that I see get thrown out a lot is Mike Green

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:17 PM
  #266
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Comparison that I see get thrown out a lot is Mike Green
yeah, same here. read that earlier today actually. think it was a Coyotes fan too.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:22 PM
  #267
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
yeah, same here. read that earlier today actually. think it was a Coyotes fan too.
Between the time he was drafted and the time he was traded, Sens fans were lauding him as very similar to Karlsson as well.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:24 PM
  #268
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,232
vCash: 500
Green had a total of 71 points in 174 games (when he was 22 in the 07-08 season). Rundblad has had 7 points in 30 games and he's 22 right now. I really wonder why he has been bounced around so much and can't play anywhere. I seriously think he would be given a great chance with the Flyers though. The Coyotes are so ****ing loaded on D in the system, I'm sure they can give him up, especially since they also have Gormley, Murphy, Stone, Goncharov, and Summers. That doesn't even include the fact they have Yandle, OEL, Michalek, Klesla and Morris already on the team and the oldest one is Morris (34, and the second oldest being 30).

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossman
Mez-Rundblad

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:28 PM
  #269
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
What happened to Gustafsson?

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:34 PM
  #270
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,232
vCash: 500
Wouldn't Rundblad take Gus' place? Or do you think Gus will be better than Rundblad?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:35 PM
  #271
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Depends. This year? Let Rundblad play if Gustafsson is injured.

Going forward? Let them battle it out. One will get 2nd pairing time the other gets 3rd pairing time.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:41 PM
  #272
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Comparison that I see get thrown out a lot is Mike Green
And what is wrong with that. Mike Green is pretty good on offense, and he's not a bad defender.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:43 PM
  #273
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Wouldn't Rundblad take Gus' place? Or do you think Gus will be better than Rundblad?
Mez is gone relatively soon. if the two of them where good enough, he wouldn't be re-signed.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:46 PM
  #274
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
And what is wrong with that. Mike Green is pretty good on offense, and he's not a bad defender.
Nothing wrong with it. I actually like Mike Green. His defense is underrated on the forums. Get a player like that for Read and a 2nd? Do it every time

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:06 PM
  #275
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
and what is wrong with that. Mike green was pretty good on offense, and he's not a bad defender.
fify


Last edited by FLYguy3911: 01-12-2013 at 05:33 PM.
FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.