HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 05:39 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
3 Options I'd consider

1) Kadri + Bozak

2) Bozak + Biggs + 2nd

3) Kadri + Ashton/Franson + 3rd
Those options would be viable if you were talking about acquiring Jose Theodore, but not Roberto Luongo.

01-12-2013, 05:39 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I like Schroeder as much as any Canuck fan, but Bozak is light years ahead of Schroeder
How so? Schroeder just hasn't had the experience in the NHL, but I don't see what makes Bozak any good at all. Offensively and defensively Bozak just isn't a good hockey player.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Yes, and Bozak is just not that good of a hockey player. He doesn't impress me at all when I watch him, and his stats back that up.

Playing primarily with two PPG players, Bozak put up just over half a point per game of offense. In Vancouver, his linemates will not be that offensively gifted so it's reasonable to expect his production to drop. Then looking at his defensive numbers: his possession stats were terrible, his corsi was very bad, and Kessel/Lupul (who Leaf fans have said aren't good defensively) actually had better corsi stats when they weren't playing with Bozak.

I really don't see how Bozak holds any value to Vancouver at all, and rather than giving up Roberto Luongo for him I'd rather keep Luongo and just try out Jordan Schroeder.
I agree about everything besides the Schroeder stuff. Bozak's essentially a one-dimensional player, whose one dimension he's good at is netting you half-a-point per game while being terrible at everything else.

If we have trouble stomaching what Raymond brings in the playoffs (who's at a pretty similar level offensively and brings way more defensively), we're not going to like Bozak, IMO.

Old
dubey
So hot right now

Quote:
Those options would be viable if you were talking about acquiring Jose Theodore, but not Roberto Luongo.
All three are overpayments for Luongo

Old
DanCloutiers5hole

It seems to me that with all the talk in the media of Bozak + Kadri +? that it seems almost certain that is the base, with the +? being the real deal breaker at the moment.....Personally if possible id like to see Kadri and Frattin returned in any trade for Luongo. Im very aware alot of T.O. fans wont be on board for both coming back but its just my opinion. A deal i would prefer that i think is decent value would revolve around Connolly+Kadri+Frattin+2nd for Luo + Raymond. Saw something very similar to this, if not exact, posted a while ago and liked it. Thoughts ?

Old
01-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Minimalist*

Quote:
3 Options I'd consider

1) Kadri + Bozak

2) Bozak + Biggs + 2nd

3) Kadri + Ashton/Franson + 3rd
Your GM offered Kadri + Bozak + 2nd, so what you'd consider is ultimately irrelevant.

From what I've been able to piece together so far, Nucks are pretty firm on a top 4 or potential top 4 dman coming back. Which means Gardiner or Gunnarsson.

Old
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Thing with Kadri is, he reminds me a lot of Michael Grabner back when Grabner was trying to find his way into the Canucks lineup. Offensively he's probably not as gifted of a goal scorer as Grabner was, but AV just doesn't trust rookies who are questionable in the defensive zone. Kadri next year isn't eligible to be sent down to the AHL without clearing waivers, so it's really make it or break it for him. I think he would clash with AV and wouldn't even be put in a situation to succeed here, thus making him a wasted asset.

And no one is selling Bozak short. He really isn't a good hockey player. Offensively you would have expected more out of him last year given his two linemates were PPG players. And defensively his stats are very bad.
I strongly feel that Bozak is a victim of being thrown into a situation that was above his skill level and his play suffered because of it. In a limited role, he will be more successful imo

Old
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Not sure if serious

Old
01-12-2013, 05:42 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCloutiers5hole View Post
It seems to me that with all the talk in the media of Bozak + Kadri +? that it seems almost certain that is the base, with the +? being the real deal breaker at the moment.....Personally if possible id like to see Kadri and Frattin returned in any trade for Luongo. Im very aware alot of T.O. fans wont be on board for both coming back but its just my opinion. A deal i would prefer that i think is decent value would revolve around Connolly+Kadri+Frattin+2nd for Luo + Raymond. Saw something very similar to this, if not exact, posted a while ago and liked it. Thoughts ?
I think the + would be someone like Jake Gardiner, or perhaps a signed Joffrey Lupul. This is Roberto Luongo we're talking about here, there needs to be SOME value coming back.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:43 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
I strongly feel that Bozak is a victim of being thrown into a situation that was above his skill level and his play suffered because of it. In a limited role, he will be more successful imo
So then we're back to trading Luongo for a player with limited ability/potential, who's a pending UFA. Couldn't we just trade a 3rd round pick to another team and get a similar player?

Old
01-12-2013, 05:43 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
I think the + would be someone like Jake Gardiner, or perhaps a signed Joffrey Lupul. This is Roberto Luongo we're talking about here, there needs to be SOME value coming back.
Overpayment.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:44 PM
The Overseer*

Leaf fans think they can get a new best player on their team for garbage.

I don't really understand.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:45 PM
LPH

Quote:
How so? Schroeder just hasn't had the experience in the NHL, but I don't see what makes Bozak any good at all. Offensively and defensively Bozak just isn't a good hockey player.
as a small guy, Schroder can't even put up good numbers in the AHL and although he looks like one of the better players out there when I see him play, he is not dominating as I would hope if he was vying for the second line spot. Hodgson looked dominant at the AHL level, Schroeder looks above average

Old
01-12-2013, 05:45 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
Leaf fans think they can get a new best player on their team for garbage.

I don't really understand.
Well the Leafs were able to get Phaneuf for garbage. I just hope that Gillis isn't as stupid as Sutter was, but based on the fact that a deal hasn't been done to date (as in, before the CBA expired) I don't think this will be the case.

I believe that Luongo will return something useful to the Canucks, and not a slew of spare parts.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
WOW. Just WOW.

Usually the + in a deal is a throw in. They have already reported the main pieces. No way the best piece is yet to come.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
WOW. Just WOW.

Usually the + in a deal is a throw in. They have already reported the main pieces. No way the best piece is yet to come.
who reported what?

Old
01-12-2013, 05:48 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
as a small guy, Schroder can't even put up good numbers in the AHL and although he looks like one of the better players out there when I see him play, he is not dominating as I would hope if he was vying for the second line spot. Hodgson looked dominant at the AHL level, Schroeder looks above average
Schroeder is given 2nd line minutes because Arneil favours veterans (such as Ebbett). Schroeder has greatly outplayed every other forward on the Wolves, yet doesn't get much of an opportunity.

Regardless, if we need another center why not trade a mid round draft pick for one? Or sign someone like Jason Arnott? Would make more sense to me than trading away an elite goalie for a pending UFA, mediocre 3rd line center, and an enigmatic prospect who you can see from miles away as a guy who will clash with our coach.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post
Your GM offered Kadri + Bozak + 2nd, so what you'd consider is ultimately irrelevant.

From what I've been able to piece together so far, Nucks are pretty firm on a top 4 or potential top 4 dman coming back. Which means Gardiner or Gunnarsson.
So what he'd consider is irrelevant, but your speculation and wants are important? You're on a message board, get over yourself.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:50 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
WOW. Just WOW.

Source? I have not read or heard anywhere that Bozak and Kadri are the "main" pieces.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:52 PM
LPH

Quote:
Schroeder is given 2nd line minutes because Arneil favours veterans (such as Ebbett). Schroeder has greatly outplayed every other forward on the Wolves, yet doesn't get much of an opportunity.

Regardless, if we need another center why not trade a mid round draft pick for one? Or sign someone like Jason Arnott? Would make more sense to me than trading away an elite goalie for a pending UFA, mediocre 3rd line center, and an enigmatic prospect who you can see from miles away as a guy who will clash with our coach.
whether we like it or not, we have a window for winning the cup. Gambling on B- level prospects to step in and play big rolls or players like Arnott that are complete jokes does not make us very competitive.

I realize the reasons for Schroder not getting the ice time that he deserves, but I meant from watching him play, I don't see the impact I would expect from a guy that would play in the top 6 on a contender (even temporarily)

Old
01-12-2013, 05:54 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
who reported what?
Sorry, I should have said, speculated (by practically every insider).

Old
DanCloutiers5hole

Quote:
I can guareentee Gillis probably asked for Gardiner, or is still asking. I dont think theres any way Nonis gives him up though. I always felt Van and TO were horrible trading partners because TO doesnt have the expenable talent to match Luongo's, therfore it was always going to be a quantity deal for Luo. Im not a TO fan by any means but from an outside perspective if i was running there team theres no way i would give up Gardiner right now.

Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
whether we like it or not, we have a window for winning the cup. Gambling on B- level prospects to step in and play big rolls or players like Arnott that are complete jokes does not make us very competitive.

I realize the reasons for Schroder not getting the ice time that he deserves, but I meant from watching him play, I don't see the impact I would expect from a guy that would play in the top 6 on a contender (even temporarily)
What makes Tyler Bozak any better than someone like Jason Arnott? Tyler Bozak is not worth Roberto Luongo, and he's certainly not a top 6 forward on a contending team. I do not see what he brings that makes him a better temporary solution to our top 6.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
LPH

Quote:
Sorry, I should have said, speculated (by practically every insider).
and for good reason

Bozak fills our most pressing need, and Kadri needs a change of scenery

Old
01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
BerSTUzzi

I can't wait till the trade goes down and one set of fans begin their "WTF kind of trade was that rants". Please come soon.

Closed Thread