HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Time to Sign Subban

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2013, 01:03 PM
  #701
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,985
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
That would be lovely.

It would also be great for some to understand that for anyone who has played hockey at any level, if a player has skill and can win you games, you tend to ignore if they are an A hole in real life. As long as they keep performing.
People who are the best at something usually tend to be A-holes. A vast majority I would guess.

Habsawce is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 01:07 PM
  #702
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,810
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Damn it, Subban has 0,48 ppg while Doughty has 0,51 ppg, we're doomed.
Yeah and Sheldon Souray had 0.66 ppg in 9 seasons before we traded him. I don't think anyone regrets that move and P.K's D game last year wasn't actually that good by no means in the top 10 of the league.

I'm not saying we should get rid of him but he doesn't deserve more than 4.5M$ a year for the moment give him 5M$ and everyone should be happy, the fact that he hasn't signed yet makes me believe that he wants more but to that I say no.

Alexdaman is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 01:07 PM
  #703
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyman2k6 View Post
not only in hockey, In every sports!!
Agreed.

And even then, Subban is not one. He doesn't push his teammates around. He doesn't demand from his coaches. He isn't like a former teammate of mine who would leave the arena early after promising rides because we didn't pass to him enough. Or like a goalie I knew who would lie about players breaking curfew if he thought we didn't support him enough.

Subban's biggest crimes are being enthusiastic, competitive and charismatic. And people want to run him out for that. Oh, that and wanting to get paid as much as possible in a sport where you rarely play for 20 years. Whatever. Go back to the comfortable world of video game hockey.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 01:18 PM
  #704
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,810
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Agreed.

And even then, Subban is not one. He doesn't push his teammates around. He doesn't demand from his coaches. He isn't like a former teammate of mine who would leave the arena early after promising rides because we didn't pass to him enough. Or like a goalie I knew who would lie about players breaking curfew if he thought we didn't support him enough.

Subban's biggest crimes are being enthusiastic, competitive and charismatic. And people want to run him out for that. Oh, that and wanting to get paid as much as possible in a sport where you rarely play for 20 years. Whatever. Go back to the comfortable world of video game hockey.
And I take that you know all of this because you've been fallowing the team around North America and have been chatting with the players and know all their issues?

Alexdaman is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 01:22 PM
  #705
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
And I take that you know all of this because you've been fallowing the team around North America and have been chatting with the players and know all their issues?
Are we about to enter an, "absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence" debate? Just want to know before I do.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 01:30 PM
  #706
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
People who are the best at something usually tend to be A-holes. A vast majority I would guess.
I can't believe I just read this. What kind of a statement is that?

Maybe people who think they're the best but are not, yeah.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 01:58 PM
  #707
flarwick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Yeah and Sheldon Souray had 0.66 ppg in 9 seasons before we traded him. I don't think anyone regrets that move and P.K's D game last year wasn't actually that good by no means in the top 10 of the league.

I'm not saying we should get rid of him but he doesn't deserve more than 4.5M$ a year for the moment give him 5M$ and everyone should be happy, the fact that he hasn't signed yet makes me believe that he wants more but to that I say no.
Well I'm sure 29 other teams' fans and GMs would hope Bergevin agrees with you, so that they have the opportunity to take him off your hands. Saying his D game wasn't good last year is just incorrect. Plain and simple. A few turnovers by the guy who is primarily responsible for handling the puck does not a poor defender make, especially when said defender is a dominant EV and PK defender with the ability to quarterback a PP. At 23. Shea Weber turns the puck over too people, nobody's perfect.

flarwick is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 02:29 PM
  #708
TheCanasianfrasian
Registered User
 
TheCanasianfrasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 624
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
So i'm not very familiar with RFA rules, especially if they have changed with the new CBA. Lets say Subban doesnt sign here because Bergevin holds firm on a 2years transition contract, what are our options?

Is a non-hostile offer sheet possible? (ala kessel - toronto?).

When does he become a UFA and can sign anywhere?

TheCanasianfrasian is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 02:38 PM
  #709
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,857
vCash: 300
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Text message from agent Don Meehan: "Nothing new to report" on @PKSubban1 #Habs contract talks
http://twitter.com/Dave_Stubbs/statu...94715566030848

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 02:56 PM
  #710
flarwick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
As 29 other teams begin to lick their collective chops...

flarwick is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:15 PM
  #711
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarwick View Post
As 29 other teams begin to lick their collective chops...
As if the Habs wouldn't be able to equal...

major sigh

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 04:37 PM
  #712
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarwick View Post
As 29 other teams begin to lick their collective chops...
So all 29 teams have enough cap space to sign PK to an offer sheet high enough that the Habs couldn't match?

sheed36 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:07 PM
  #713
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,646
vCash: 500
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Sounding like @PKSubban1 #Canadiens contract talks have cooled off. Unless a drastic change of heart tonite, it appears they'll go into Sun

Andy is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:11 PM
  #714
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Midgetland
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,679
vCash: 500
We should petition Holmgren to help Bergevin sign PK with a nice and matchable offer sheet.

Promise him a basket of fruit and a bottle of hard liquor

vokiel is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:13 PM
  #715
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Kypreos may be plugged in around the league but it sure isnt in Montreal

AntonCH is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:13 PM
  #716
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
We should petition Holmgren to help Bergevin sign PK with a nice and matchable offer sheet.

Promise him a basket of fruit and a bottle of hard liquor
Maybe PK is going to request a 30-minute time slot on Sportsnet for his decision....

JGRB is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:15 PM
  #717
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
Kypreos may be plugged in around the league but it sure isnt in Montreal
actually Kipper is pretty connected when it comes to Montreal.

Andy is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:35 PM
  #718
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I agree and I have wanted to say it more than once on these boards. Some people give him a hard time and I really cant figure out why sometimes...
Black players like PK Subban and Evander Kane might have it as bad as Russians.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:44 PM
  #719
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Black players like PK Subban and Evander Kane might have it as bad as Russians.
Oh god here comes this nonsense. Apparently everyone here is now a racist.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:48 PM
  #720
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Black players like PK Subban and Evander Kane might have it as bad as Russians.
Order of getting the benefit of the doubt in the NHL:
1. (White) French Canadians in Montreal
2. (White) Western Canadian Farmboys
3. (White) Anglo Canadians and Americans
4. (White) French Canadians in markets that aren't Montreal
5. Swedes, Swiss, Germans, other western Europe
6. Finns (move up a rank in Minnesota)
7. Eastern Europeans besides Russians
8. Black players
9. Russians and Belarussians

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:49 PM
  #721
Rickkins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Real shabby treatment of PK if you ask me.

Rickkins is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:58 PM
  #722
Tricolore#20
Registered User
 
Tricolore#20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
Kypreos may be plugged in around the league but it sure isnt in Montreal
I'm sure that Kypreos's a good source of PK information now considering they worked together over the last few weeks.

Tricolore#20 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:02 PM
  #723
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Order of getting the benefit of the doubt in the NHL:
1. (White) French Canadians in Montreal Riberio
2. (White) Western Canadian Farmboys Lucic, Tucker
3. (White) Anglo Canadians and Americans Avery, Bertuzzi
4. (White) French Canadians in markets that aren't Montreal Marchand, Lapierre
5. Swedes, Swiss, Germans, other western Europe Ulf Samuelsson
6. Finns (move up a rank in Minnesota) Seriously? What are you finnish?
7. Eastern Europeans besides Russians Chara
8. Black players Subban, Kane
9. Russians and Belarussians SKost, Kovalev, Radulov
There you go, lots of players who all have/had attitude problems and were hated across the league by many people and not just the apparently "racist" people here.

If you are going to pull the race card don't pull it out of your ass.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:16 PM
  #724
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
There you go, lots of players who all have/had attitude problems and were hated across the league by many people and not just the apparently "racist" people here.

If you are going to pull the race card don't pull it out of your ass.
Even the most powerful man in the world in Obama was(is) faced racism (birth certificate really?). Not sure why it's so crazy to think PK wouldn't have to deal with some.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
  #725
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Even the most powerful man in the world in Obama was(is) faced racism (birth certificate really?). Not sure why it's so crazy to think PK wouldn't have to deal with some.
Most powerful puppet, but I agree.

habsfanatics is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.