HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

B. Morrow to Pittsburgh

Old
01-12-2013, 07:57 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Fair enough. Something like Tangradi and a draft pick/Strait/Bortuzzo?
I'd want younger prospects than those guys. Born in '92 or later. Don't know if guys like Harrington or Blueger would be on the table.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 07:57 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Stars don't need anymore wing prospects. No to Tangradi.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:01 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Stars don't need anymore wing prospects. No to Tangradi.
Well, are you looking for a younger defenseman, or an NHL-ready defenseman?

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
I'd want younger prospects than those guys. Born in '92 or later. Don't know if guys like Harrington or Blueger would be on the table.
Certainly not Harrington...I think his performances against the best of his peers solidifies that. I'd be reluctant to give up Blueger as he's really got potential as a skilled two-way guy, but maybe if we got a some sweetener on the other end.

Something like Morrow and Fistric for Blueger?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:04 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

We'd need another NHL-ready D coming back if Fistric was included.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:07 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Brain Strait, Robert Bortuzzo or Ben Lovejoy can be added.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:07 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

I would much rather keep our assets and sign a guy like Knuble rather than give up our D prospects for a guy on the decline.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:10 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Well, if that happened, then of course his services would be at a premium. But we can only work with what we know now.
You did say trading for him around the deadline, didn't you? This: "but I have a gut feeling the Pens could trade for Morrow before the deadline." didn't mean as soon as training camp opens, right?

As of now, I don't even know how Morrow performs. Either way, he holds the NTC cards.

Quote:
I mean, I could wax about what return my Pens could get for Martin if he returned to form, but that wouldn't get me very far, would it?
Strawman argument. We're discussing trading for Morrow *at the deadline* and not for Martin. I am not even discussing Martin. You brought him up. I already said my best scenario would be to get in return a young prospect for Morrow- regardless of whether we deal with you or someone else not within our division. Martin is nearly 32....sorry.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:11 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Well, are you looking for a younger defenseman, or an NHL-ready defenseman?
Either, really. Could (have to, really) give up a defender for an NHL-ready guy.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?

Quote:
Strait and Bortuzzo are both NHL-ready. They're reliable shutdown guys in the A and both played very well in their NHL call-ups. Unfortunately they're both waiver-eligible this year and caught in a logjam of underachieving vets (Orpik, Martin) and cheap upstarts (Niskanen, Engelland).

One will make the Pens this year, and one will likely be dealt or waived. People are divided as to which is the better bet. Either way, they'd be suitable options to replace Fistric in bottom-pair duty.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
You did say trading for him around the deadline, didn't you? This: "but I have a gut feeling the Pens could trade for Morrow before the deadline." didn't mean as soon as training camp opens, right?

As of now, I don't even know how Morrow performs. Either way, he holds the NTC cards.
"Before the deadline" includes the entire period between now and the deadline.

Quote:
Strawman argument. We're discussing trading for Morrow *at the deadline* and not for Martin. I am not even discussing Martin. You brought him up. I already said my best scenario would be to get in return a young prospect for Morrow- regardless of whether we deal with you or someone else not within our division. Martin is nearly 32....sorry.
It's not a strawman argument. It is an analogy to show you the folly of valuing a player based on a return to form.

You wouldn't accept that argument from a potential trade partner, so you shouldn't offer it up yourself.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Brendan Morrow for Tyler Kennedy + Ben Lovejoy + 3rd round draft pick

Lovejoy has no value.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:19 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Quote:
Strait and Bortuzzo are both NHL-ready. They're reliable shutdown guys in the A and both played very well in their NHL call-ups. Unfortunately they're both waiver-eligible this year and caught in a logjam of underachieving vets (Orpik, Martin) and cheap upstarts (Niskanen, Engelland).

One will make the Pens this year, and one will likely be dealt or waived. People are divided as to which is the better bet. Either way, they'd be suitable options to replace Fistric in bottom-pair duty.
So maybe something like Morrow + Fistric for Blueger + Bortuzzo + pick (like a 3rd rounder to balance out the fact you're getting 2 proven NHLers and Fistric is the better D) ?

Old
01-12-2013, 08:23 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
I would much rather keep our assets and sign a guy like Knuble rather than give up our D prospects for a guy on the decline.
Knuble's done, if we can't acquire someone via trade then I'd leave that spot open before giving it to Knuble.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?

Quote:
So maybe something like Morrow + Fistric for Blueger + Bortuzzo + pick (like a 3rd rounder to balance out the fact you're getting 2 proven NHLers and Fistric is the better D) ?
Well, I did offer a proven 3rd line winger, but you didn't want him.

I'd add a 4th. A 3rd in a deep draft is a little much considering I'm not even sure Fistric will be a better d than Bortuzzo next year - though he is more established and physical.

Blueger, Bortuzzo, and a 4th for Morrow and Fistric sounds like a fair deal to me.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
I'd probably do that.

I really like Blueger's slick hands and his smarts, but that's very tempting. I've always been a fan of Fistric.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:27 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I'm all for Bleuger, btw. For obvious reasons.

Morrow + Fistric for Bleuger + Bortuzzo + 3rd sounds pretty good, especially if Morrow doesn't return to full form (but does improve from last season).

Old
01-12-2013, 08:28 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
"Before the deadline" includes the entire period between now and the deadline.
Yeah, right. Let me tell you that it's not happening *now*.

Quote:
It's not a strawman argument. It is an analogy to show you the folly of valuing a player based on a return to form.
It is. If Morrow were to absolutely suck, you wouldn't want to trade for him in the first place...period!

Let me reiterate: We don't want to trade for Martin, so you bringing this "analogy" is meaningless. Also, the reason you used this analogy is because I rejected your proposal for sending Martin in return. I simply don't want Martin because of his age, as he's only a year and 2 months younger than Morrow. That does not help us for the future by any means.

Don't tell me he's going to get younger between now and the deadline. As for Martin's performance- if he were playing well, you wouldn't even mention him here. I already mentioned under what conditions JN would trade Morrow; *if* he played well this season *and* we were out of the playoffs come trade deadline.

Quote:
You wouldn't accept that argument from a potential trade partner, so you shouldn't offer it up yourself.
Forget it!

Last edited by StarsFan74: 01-12-2013 at 08:35 PM.
StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Yeah, right. Let me tell you that it's not happening *now*.
I don't recall saying it would.

Quote:
It is. If Morrow were to absolutely suck, you wouldn't want to trade for him in the first place...period!

Let me reiterate: We don't want to trade for Martin, so you bringing this "analogy" is meaningless. Also, the reason you used this analogy is because I rejected your proposal for sending Martin in return. I simply don't want Martin because of his age, as he's only a year and 2 months younger than Morrow. That does not help us for the future by any means.

Don't tell me he's going to get younger between now and the deadline.
My analogy of Martin was not a proposal.

Quote:
Forget it!
Okay.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

That Blueger-Morrow deal is intriguing. Plus, his name is Blueger. That's awesome.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
That Blueger-Morrow deal is intriguing. Plus, his name is Blueger. That's awesome.
The Bluegieman.

Seems all the reasonable, mutually-agreed on proposals always just fade away while the stupid, contentious ones stick around for weeks, haha.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Ugene Malkin
I'm Score

Quote:
He's been battling back injuries all season last year. The coach says he's back to 100%, but who knows what the story is with Morrow. He's either really motivated to get going or really bored and felt the need to say something.

If Dallas is battling for a playoff spot, I doubt GMJN trades him. If the Stars are long gone by the deadline, any team can acquire him. Depending on his play this season will determine what he's worth.

Eriksson-Benn-Jagr
Whitney-Roy-Ryder
Morrow-Eakin-Wandell
Nystrom-Fiddler-Garbutt

I can see Nystrom, Jagr, Ryder and Morrow on the trading block if Dallas is gone by the deadline.
I'd love Ryder for a playoff run.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:49 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

i'm just going to post a deal that both sides of fans seem to like in here, just so it isn't lost:

TO DAL:
Theodor "Teddy" Blueger
Robert Bortuzzo
3rd round pick

TO PIT:
Brenden Morrow
Mark Fistric

let me be clear: i WOULD do this as a Pens fan, but damn that name Teddy Blueger is just so awesome

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:23 PM
TrillMike

There's little question about Morrow waiving his NTC to go to PIT, but I'm not if there is a better package out there. (Not slighting this proposal at all, it's pretty good. I hope GMJN would weigh his options).

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Dangles78

Quote:
I think the poster for Morrow for Morrow was being sarcastic. There's no way the Penguins do that trade.
This.

I'm not taking anything away from B. Morrow, but c'mon. Joe Morrow is arguably the Pens #1 prospect. If anyone thinks they'd trade him for a declining player that may not even be healthy is absolutely "Milbury".

I doubt Kennedy is a trade option since he's an RFA after this short season. Maybe Tangradi + 3rd or something along those lines? For sure not Morrow. I'd rather target a larger trading chip at the deadline if he's on the table.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote