HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Beezeral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik Kristal View Post
To what I bolded. The answer is Markstrom
Your proposal goes against absolutely everything talon has done since taking over the panthers. Not only does that trade not get the panthers a Cup, it sets the franchise back another ten years.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Wouldn't deal Kessel straight up for Huber and Gudbranson. Let alone adding those other assets.
Outside of maybe 5-10 players in the world, the panthers could basically hand pick their player in exchange for those two prospects

Old
01-12-2013, 08:22 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Giving up anything for luongo and his contract is ridiculous. Teams should just wait for them to buy him out and then pursue him as a free agent. He is a very good goaltender but its just not worth giving up anything of value considering his age and contract. I don't see anyway that Vancouver would keep him beyond this season unless Schneider falls on his face

Old
01-12-2013, 08:23 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
This can't be serious
Why wouldn't it be serious?

Kessel's going to be a UFA very soon... what are the chances that he'll re-sign with the Panthers on the open market?

If they don't think they'd stand much of a chance against other teams throwing "stupid money" at him, then I can completely understand why a young team wouldn't move two of their best prospects for hm.

You'd essentially be buying a guy that might bolt at the worst possible time for the franchise.

If we're talking hockey skills, sure, the value is there. But taking contracts into account, and "how long you control the players", I wouldn't do the deal either if I was a Panthers fan.

Old
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Giving up anything for luongo and his contract is ridiculous. Teams should just wait for them to buy him out and then pursue him as a free agent. He is a very good goaltender but its just not worth giving up anything of value considering his age and contract. I don't see anyway that Vancouver would keep him beyond this season unless Schneider falls on his face
Speaking of ridiculous.....

Old
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
The Canucks wont buy out Luongo...

Worst case they'll wait until a team has goaltending issues. Happens every year.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Why wouldn't it be serious?

Kessel's going to be a UFA very soon... what are the chances that he'll re-sign with the Panthers on the open market?

If they don't think they'd stand much of a chance against other teams throwing "stupid money" at him, then I can completely understand why a young team wouldn't move two of their best prospects for hm.

You'd essentially be buying a guy that might bolt at the worst possible time for the franchise.

If we're talking hockey skills, sure, the value is there. But taking contracts into account, and "how long you control the players", I wouldn't do the deal either if I was a Panthers fan.
You got it backwards. The Leafs fan said he wouldn't trade Kessel for Hubs/Guds, and the Panthers fan said he can't be serious.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:27 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post

Worst case they'll wait until a team has goaltending issues. Happens every year.
Then they can rent a goalie for a decade.

Wait.. something doesn't add up....

Old
01-12-2013, 08:28 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik Kristal View Post
To Florida Panthers : Kessel, Blacker, Franson, Booth, Luongo (with 1/2 of contract retained by Vancouver) & Vancouverís 1st in 2013
To Vancouver Canucks: Bozak, Bjugstad & Theodore 

To Toronto Maple Leafs : Huberdeau & Gudbranson
Florida gets by far the best 2 players in the deal + a 1st Rounder(one with half his contract gone) ... Leafs get the 2 best prospects in the deal...

Canucks get a guy who wont report and a rental in Bozak + a good prospect and lose $2.75 mil in cap space...

Har har.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:29 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
Then they can rent a goalie for a decade.

Wait.. something doesn't add up....
I mean a Brodeur retires, or a player tanks.

Come on did you just start watching hockey?

Old
01-12-2013, 08:31 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:

It would certainly be hard to keep him next season when the cap rolls back. I know that I wouldn't want my team to acquire that contract. But a team desperate for a goaltender might do it. Heck Holmgren might do it if bryz has another down year, but I wouldn't be really happy about it

Old
01-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Bozak = Raymond
Kadri = Schroeder

anymore?

Frattin = Hansen?

Both sides, remember this when you make a proposals.
There's no way Frattin is close to Hansen. Hansen's our strongest forward outside of the immediate core.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
It would certainly be hard to keep him next season when the cap rolls back. I know that I wouldn't want my team to acquire that contract. But a team desperate for a goaltender might do it. Heck Holmgren might do it if bryz has another down year, but I wouldn't be really happy about it
That's fine. A year of Luongo is still worth more than the crap mentioned in this thread.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
There's also teams in the west no one even talks about as the Nucks would rather deal east... such as SJ, Anh (Luongo probably wouldn't waive to go there but you never know), Chicago... also Tampa (I still think Lindback will flop hard), possibly Washington if the kids regress.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
That's fine. A year of Luongo is still worth more than the crap mentioned in this thread.
But for anyone looking to acquire him it's more likely 8 or 9 years of luongo. And a goaltender in his 40's isn't what most teams are looking for

Old
01-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
But for anyone looking to acquire him it's more likely 8 or 9 years of luongo. And a goaltender in his 40's isn't what most teams are looking for
What's the name of that goaltender that ousted the Flyers in the playoffs?

Most everyone knows that Luongo will retire before his play degrades to the point where he is an incapable starter, anyways.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:37 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
The invisible hand will not allow this to happen.

I'm pretty sure I have this book laying around my apartment somewhere. McNulty didn't know who the **** he was chasing.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:38 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
What's the name of that goaltender that ousted the Flyers in the playoffs?

Most everyone knows that Luongo will retire before his play degrades to the point where he is an incapable starter, anyways.
Brodeur is one of the top net minders of all time. Luongo is not

Old
01-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
I'm a leafs fan and even i can see Lou as a better fit for Philly then TO by a country mile.

When one is looking at closeness to true cup contention and timeliness and the likes and what might get them over the top.

Plus Philly has hella lot more depth then we do.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:40 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Uh... Olympics?

Old
01-12-2013, 08:41 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
The invisible hand will not allow this to happen.

I'm pretty sure I have this book laying around my apartment somewhere. McNulty didn't know who the **** he was chasing.
Ohh indeed.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

The guys being talked about are replacement level players. Those kinds of offers will still be there next year. If anything, they might go up during the season when Philly and Toronto find out once again that their goalies are still garbage.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
I'm a leafs fan and even i can see Lou as a better fit for Philly then TO by a country mile.

When one is looking at closeness to true cup contention and timeliness and the likes and what might get them over the top.

Plus Philly has hella lot more depth then we do.
We have depth on our NHL roster but almost nothing in terms of prospects. This really doesn't allow us to trade roster players because then we don't have anyone to replace them with. Our biggest need is a true number one defender, but we took our chances with weber and didn't work out. We need to find someone to fill that spot before anything else in my opinion

Old
01-12-2013, 08:44 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Uh... Olympics?
Small sample size. Take a look a Brodeurs 20 year career

Old
01-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Luongo is 17th for All time Wins right now (339), he will be in the top 5 once his career is done.... nothing to scoff at.

Terry Sawchuk is #5 with 447

Closed Thread