HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Malkins KHL adventure (All KHL talk)

Old
01-12-2013, 10:11 AM
SkullSplitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree13 View Post
So is he back yet or what? I just saw something on twitter saying that Malkin, Ovechkin, Datsyuk and Kovalchuk were being offered $30 million in cash apeice to stay in Russia. Personally offered by Vladmir Putin at that.
Why doesn't he just arrest them? I mean, he is a dictator, is he not?

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Those that stay will stay because of the money but will spin it to make people think they're "homesick" or something.

Have no fear, Geno will be here soon.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullSplitter View Post
Why doesn't he just arrest them? I mean, he is a dictator, is he not?

No. I seriously hope you're joking.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:44 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 934
My fiancee will be crestfallen if Geno stays in Russia.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:15 PM
EM71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquizitor View Post
2) After 18 more months he is very unlikely to go back to KHL, there is a skill difference, I'm sure he likes living in the US more than in his native town, I'm also sure that winning the Stanley Cup again appeals way more to him than winning the Gagarin cup. In the NHL he can learn and get even better, while in the russian league there is hardly anyone to learn from.

I'm not quite sure why you responded to my comment with that, because I agree with you that's its highly unlikely he'd go back.

As for your first point, I realize Magnitogorsk is not Moscow but of all the places he could of played during the lockout he chose that "****hole of a town in the middle of nowhere" as you call it. Why? Because I believe that he still see that place as his true 'home'. So like I said I think he will go back there, in about 10 years time that is.

EM71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
#MalkinWatch
*breaks out the infraction canon*

God help us all. It's amazing to me how people find ways to angst over nothing.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

i've heard from very reliable sources that Malkin's delay is related to his recent acquisition of the mythical Eisenstein film "Unterwelt."

the product of Sergei Eisenstein’s period of exile in Berlin in the 1930s this long thought lost or maybe apocryphal film, or at least a portion of it, was restored and shown in a gala presentation at Radio City Music Hall in 1974. Malkin, a noted film enthusiast, has spent the better portion of the lock-out acquiring disparate fragments of the film and piecing together his own restoration. A group of private investors comprising of Kovalchuk, Khristenko, Gonchar, Fyodorov, Chernomyrdin, Datsyuk and Viakhirev are financing this historical undertaking. It is currently unknown whether Ovechkin in involved.

Last edited by Crafton: 01-12-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Malkin112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
i've heard from very reliable sources that Malkin's delay is related to his recent acquisition of the mythical Eisenstein film "Unterwelt."

the product of Sergei Eisenstein’s period of exile in Berlin in the 1930s this long thought lost or maybe apocryphal, film, or at least a portion of it, was restored and shown in a gala presentation at Radio City Music Hall in 1974. Malkin, a noted film enthusiast, has spent the better portion of the lock-out acquiring disparate fragments of the film and piecing together his own restoration. A group of private investors comprising of Kovalchuk, Khristenko, Gonchar, Fyodorov, Chernomyrdin, Datsyuk and Viakhirev are financing this historical undertaking. It is currently unknown whether Ovechkin in involved.

Malkin112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:27 PM
od71

Fetisov: as far as I know Malkin is preparing to sign the most expensive contract in the history of hockey, so it's not correct to discuss his quick departure.

Last edited by od71: 01-12-2013 at 08:52 PM.
od71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
Fetisov: as far as I know Malkin is preparing to sign the most expensive contract in the history of hockey, so it's not correct to discuss his departure so soon.
Wait what?

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
clefty
What?

Yawn.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 08:48 PM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Wait what?
Fetisov praised Kovy and Dats that they stayed in the KHL for All Star Game. But he has nothing to blame Malkin (he didn't take part in ASG) for his quick departure because he had reason (contract issue).
http://www.championat.com/hockey/new...h-glazakh.html

Old
01-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Fetisov praised Kovy and Dats that they stayed in the KHL for All Star Game. But he has nothing to blame Malkin (he didn't take part in ASG) for his quick departure because he had reason (contract issue).
http://www.championat.com/hockey/new...h-glazakh.html
Don't get your hopes up.

Earlier in the paragraph he mentioned how he respected Datsyuk and Kovalchuk for staying and playing in the KHL all-star game, but didn't begrudge Malkin for leaving because he gave 100% while he was there and he *thought* he was going to sign the biggest contract in the history of hockey. That's either a misunderstanding on Fetisov's part about how soon the Pens can re-sign Malkin, or deliberate misinformation to lessen to the blow to his Russian fans.

It is not a hint at him signing with Metallurg, especially since he went of his way earlier in the article to mention how important Sochi is, how the IIHF said players can't go back on their contracts, and how Russia needs to develop their junior league, draft, and farm club system to replace departing players.

And Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming…

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 09:39 PM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Don't get your hopes up.

Earlier in the paragraph he mentioned how he respected Datsyuk and Kovalchuk for staying and playing in the KHL all-star game, but didn't begrudge Malkin for leaving because he gave 100% while he was there and he *thought* he was going to sign the biggest contract in the history of hockey. That's either a misunderstanding on Fetisov's part about how soon the Pens can re-sign Malkin, or deliberate misinformation to lessen to the blow to his Russian fans.

It is not a hint at him signing with Metallurg, especially since he went of his way earlier in the article to mention how important Sochi is, how the IIHF said players can't go back on their contracts, and how Russia needs to develop their junior league, draft, and farm club system to replace departing players.

And Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming…
Clearly, Fetisov meant Malkin's contract with Pens. It's obvious from his sayings, isn't it?
You have more correct information about Pens re-signing Malkin issue?

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...s-shero-malkin

Some quote:
Malkin and Letang can have their contracts extended beginning July 1.

The labor agreement will afford the Penguins an opportunity to offer Malkin, 26, and Letang, 25, an extra contract year than any club could if those players became unrestricted free agents July 1, 2014.

Malkin could max out at eight years and $102.88 million.

Shero did not say the Penguins would spare no expense to keep both players, but he confirmed that he and Crosby discussed the likelihood that Malkin might become the Penguins‘ highest paid player in terms of yearly salary.

Last edited by od71: 01-12-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Clearly, Fetisov meant Malkin's contract with Pens. It's obvious from his sayings, isn't it?
You have more correct information about Pens re-signing Malkin issue?

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...s-shero-malkin

Some quote:
Malkin and Letang can have their contracts extended beginning July 1.

The labor agreement will afford the Penguins an opportunity to offer Malkin, 26, and Letang, 25, an extra contract year than any club could if those players became unrestricted free agents July 1, 2014.

Malkin could max out at eight years and $102.88 million.

Shero did not say the Penguins would spare no expense to keep both players, but he confirmed that he and Crosby discussed the likelihood that Malkin might become the Penguins‘ highest paid player in terms of yearly salary.
That's what I thought, yes. I think I misread the tone of your post.

Either way, Malkin's coming back.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
That's what I thought, yes. I think I misread the tone of your post.

Either way, Malkin's coming back.
There was nothing in my tone, just literal translation.
It's quite ridiculous situation: everyboby in Russia even Fetisov are pretty confident that Malkin will sign with Pens, while a lot of fans in Pittsburgh are afraid he will go with MMg

Old
01-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Sty1877

So...where's Geno?

I can't be the only one getting nervous. If in any way he were coerced to stay, with us just trading Staal, I don't even want to think about it. I hope he's home tonight.

Sty1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sty1877 View Post
So...where's Geno?

I can't be the only one getting nervous. If in any way he were coerced to stay, with us just trading Staal, I don't even want to think about it. I hope he's home tonight.
there is absolutely no reason to worry. none.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
So...where's Geno?

You are.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Sty1877

I respect Geno and I think he's one of the best character guys we have; however, you all really underestimate the power of money. Geno is the best player in the world as of now. One of the most powerful people in the world, Putin, is reportedly throwing a lot of money at him to stay. I know that it's really hard to consider, but if you don't think Geno has at least taken a second to think about taking what could be $50 million to play where he grew up all his life, then you're naive. Geno has been here 7 years. He was in Russia 19. He may like it here, but it's not his home. Put yourself in the same situation and think about it.

Evgeni Malkin is human. He isn't superman. He's not a saint. If you haven't given a second thought to the fact that he may consider staying, then I think you're a bit blinded. That said, I think he'll be home. I don't think he'd go back on his contract. But if you're not nervous, then you're not considering all the facts of the situation.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I respect Geno and I think he's one of the best character guys we have; however, you all really underestimate the power of money. Geno is the best player in the world as of now. One of the most powerful people in the world, Putin, is reportedly throwing a lot of money at him to stay. I know that it's really hard to consider, but if you don't think Geno has at least taken a second to think about taking what could be $50 million to play where he grew up all his life, then you're naive. Geno has been here 7 years. He was in Russia 19. He may like it here, but it's not his home. Put yourself in the same situation and think about it.

Evgeni Malkin is human. He isn't superman. He's not a saint. If you haven't given it a second thought to the fact that he may consider staying, then I think you're a bit blinded. That said, I think he'll be home. I don't think he'd go back on his contract. But if you're not nervous, then you're not considering all the facts of the situation.
I'm not nervous. He cares too much about both the Penguins and the Olympics in Russia to stay in Russia at this point. He will be here for at least this season and next. Not even a little bit of doubt in my mind.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Sty1877

Ah, I did forget about the Olympics, that's something else to consider. If or when he does return, I hope this whole situation doesn't make signing him the next time around that much more difficult.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:

Evgeni Malkin is human. He isn't superman. He's not a saint. If you haven't given a second thought to the fact that he may consider staying, then I think you're a bit blinded. That said, I think he'll be home. I don't think he'd go back on his contract. But if you're not nervous, then you're not considering all the facts of the situation.
If you think money is Malkin's overriding concern, then you are ignoring actual history where he could've taken the most cash possible and elected not to.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

This is sports terrorism

SHOOTANDSCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Koempel

Did I miss something? Thought he was supposed to be in Pittsburg yesterday. Seeing as Gonchar arrived it does make you wonder where he is. I assume it's just all the talk in this thread making me a little bit anxious.

Koempel is offline   Reply With Quote