HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
JDMSG

vCash: 500
I need some help with my jersey. I received this jersey as a gift a year ago, it is an authentic NYR heritage jersey that was ordered off NHL.com. I attached the photo to my post, and as you can see the picture on the right is my jersey, while the one on the left is one I saw in a store (which is done correctly). The white outline of the number is too thin on my jersey, and I know it's supposed to be more thick like the one on the left.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem? Was I dumb for getting it off NHL.com? And is it worth it to get the TV numbers redone? I spoke to a guy who does jerseys and he said he can put the correct numbers on there, but it MAY mess up the fabric on the jersey. Just wanted to see if anybody else had this issue, or had any suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (608.6 KB, 29 views)

Old
01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
SERE 24
LGR

It would annoy me. You can get it fixed and it shouldn't mess up the fabric, though it may, slightly, and it's your choice. Any blemishes removing the numbers creates should be covered with the new numbers for the most part.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:25 PM
JDMSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
It would annoy me. You can get it fixed and it shouldn't mess up the fabric, though it may, slightly, and it's your choice. Any blemishes removing the numbers creates should be covered with the new numbers for the most part.
Yea it really pisses me off. That's what I was thinking, the new numbers would cover up any damage done, that's also what the guy at the store said. Thanks for the info, I'm leaning towards getting it redone. I want it to be correct.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:58 PM
district9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Hartfor...item4d06fbc638

possibly the funniest game-issued jersey of all time?

Old
01-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
I think I died inside a little... Desecrating a Rangers jersey like that

Old
01-11-2013, 10:05 PM
district9

i didn't watch any wolf pack games that year, is this actually what they wore?

Old
01-12-2013, 01:39 PM
SERE 24
LGR

If any of you folks also like the Capitals/are jersey collectors, I'm also getting rid of my Ovechkin authentic (size 46) to make room in collection and get some funds for customizing my new authentic. The Callahan sold already.

Letting it go for $115. Great way to get a canadian authentic, customized by IceJerseys (one of the best out there) for super cheap. Only wore it twice (Islanders/Caps games) and carried it to an event in the city where I was hoping to get it signed by Ovie, but never did. Great price, only for you HFers.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:20 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSG View Post
I need some help with my jersey. I received this jersey as a gift a year ago, it is an authentic NYR heritage jersey that was ordered off NHL.com. I attached the photo to my post, and as you can see the picture on the right is my jersey, while the one on the left is one I saw in a store (which is done correctly). The white outline of the number is too thin on my jersey, and I know it's supposed to be more thick like the one on the left.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem? Was I dumb for getting it off NHL.com? And is it worth it to get the TV numbers redone? I spoke to a guy who does jerseys and he said he can put the correct numbers on there, but it MAY mess up the fabric on the jersey. Just wanted to see if anybody else had this issue, or had any suggestions.
I have taken names/numbers off a few times. All you need is a stitch cutter. Can get at Michael's for $.99. Never had a problem ruining the fabric.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:20 PM
HeyRangers

Indo jersey

I received my authentic Indo jersey from amazon for $130 today. The jersey is ok I was not impressed with the quality of the material. After reading that the NHL players did not wear the Undo jerseys and the Canadian jersey are better quality I returned it. Why would I want to pay that money for something that the players don't wear and is not the best jersey avaiable? If its not the real thing I might as well get a Primier. I am choosing to put more money in and get a Canadian authentic. That is my choice because I want the best available, but to each their own, if you want a less expensive jersey it was a good buy.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:24 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRangers View Post
I received my authentic Indo jersey from amazon for $130 today. The jersey is ok I was not impressed with the quality of the material. After reading that the NHL players did not wear the Undo jerseys and the Canadian jersey are better quality I returned it. Why would I want to pay that money for something that the players don't wear and is not the best jersey avaiable? If its not the real thing I might as well get a Primier. I am choosing to put more money in and get a Canadian authentic. That is my choice because I want the best available, but to each their own, if you want a less expensive jersey it was a good buy.
I understand, even agree with, your decision, but where are you going to find the canadian authentic? They're not available for retail yet. They were, but they took them away and switched to only making indos. They're bringing them back, but they're currently very difficult to find and not in retail distribution. IceJerseys may have them because of their direct relationship with Reebok.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:35 PM
HeyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I understand, even agree with, your decision, but where are you going to find the canadian authentic? They're not available for retail yet. They were, but they took them away and switched to only making indos. They're bringing them back, but they're currently very difficult to find and not in retail distribution. IceJerseys may have them because of their direct relationship with Reebok.
Ice jersey has them for 300 now, but I'm going to wait to season starts, see what their wearing do some more research and see if I can get a Canadian authentic on sale.

Also, I ordered a 54 and was swimming in it. I am 5'11 and 213, I have 52 in my football and baseball jerseys but though I would want bigger for hockey, but 54 was too big ill stick with 52.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:37 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Yeah, they're cut big. 54 is way too big for you.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Ice jersey has them for 300 now, but I'm going to wait to season starts, see what their wearing do some more research and see if I can get a Canadian authentic on sale.

Also, I ordered a 54 and was swimming in it. I am 5'11 and 213, I have 52 in my football and baseball jerseys but though I would want bigger for hockey, but 54 was too big ill stick with 52.
How long was it on your arms? I'm about your size, a bit heavier, and I bought a Canadian 52 authentic from the NHL store back in May. It is actually a little big on me. If possible, I would go to a store that sells the jerseys and try on a 50 just in case. My 52 is a little long on my arms and a little big on me but definitely not comically large or anything.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:58 PM
HeyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
How long was it on your arms? I'm about your size, a bit heavier, and I bought a Canadian 52 authentic from the NHL store back in May. It is actually a little big on me. If possible, I would go to a store that sells the jerseys and try on a 50 just in case. My 52 is a little long on my arms and a little big on me but definitely not comically large or anything.
It was long on arms and all over. I was thinking too big and 52 may be big as well but I wear 52 in other jerseys.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:00 PM
HeyRangers

Anyone on Long Island seen authentic NHL jerseys in a store recently?

Old
01-12-2013, 09:25 PM
SERE 24
LGR

You are probably good with a 50, honestly. I'm a little less than 2 inches shorter than you and 10 pounds heavier and a 50 was VERY loose on me.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Anyone on Long Island seen authentic NHL jerseys in a store recently?
the difference between a 50 and a 52 is minimal compared to the differences between other sizes. I think its a half inch on the arms and chest.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:28 PM
HeyRangers

Quote:
the difference between a 50 and a 52 is minimal compared to the differences between other sizes. I think its a half inch on the arms and chest.
Thank you. I like them a little big but don't want to be swimming in it.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Thank you. I like them a little big but don't want to be swimming in it.
I'd still consider a 50 if I were you. Before I gained weight, I was able to wear a sweat shirt under the 52, now it fits better now that I'm heavier. I was still 10 lbs heavier than you though before I gained weight.

I wear a large in Premiers though and they fit pretty well, they are probably on the looser side if anything but I think thats just how jerseys fit.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:39 PM
HeyRangers

Quote:
I'd still consider a 50 if I were you. Before I gained weight, I was able to wear a sweat shirt under the 52, now it fits better now that I'm heavier. I was still 10 lbs heavier than you though before I gained weight.

I wear a large in Premiers though and they fit pretty well, they are probably on the looser side if anything but I think thats just how jerseys fit.
I have 3 MLB jerseys that are 52, 1 nfl jersey in 52 Nfl jersey in XL I would think 52 would be good I want room to wear a sweatshirt underneath. But still want to try a 52 or 50 before I have to buy a customized

Old
01-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
I bought a jersey made in 1984, said XL. fit's like an L. argh

Old
01-12-2013, 10:31 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

Long shot here. I have a blank pre-Edge 6100 white jersey, size 52. I've lost weight since I got it and now it's a muumuu on me. It's perfectly clean and has the fight strap, etc. I've probably worn it 10 times in my life. I was hoping someone had a size 48 6100 blank jersey that they'd be interesting in trading for mine.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:48 AM
NickyMaz

Ok, I have a question I've been wondering for quite some time. I have a Henrik Lunqvist Winter Classic jersey I'd love to get signed by the man himself. How can I get that done?

I don't live in NYC and I'm hoping to make it to Ranger at Sabres on 19 April.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:11 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyMaz View Post
Ok, I have a question I've been wondering for quite some time. I have a Henrik Lunqvist Winter Classic jersey I'd love to get signed by the man himself. How can I get that done?

I don't live in NYC and I'm hoping to make it to Ranger at Sabres on 19 April.
Pray every night. Then get to the Garden extremely early, and try to find out from a gentleman on here, or through some internet research which entrance to MSG Hank usually uses and stand outside of it HOURS before the game.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Salz

Is this jersey real or fake? http://www.ebay.com/itm/RYAN-CALLAHA...item3cc48afa63

Closed Thread