HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part VIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
  #351
JDMSG
Registered User
 
JDMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
I need some help with my jersey. I received this jersey as a gift a year ago, it is an authentic NYR heritage jersey that was ordered off NHL.com. I attached the photo to my post, and as you can see the picture on the right is my jersey, while the one on the left is one I saw in a store (which is done correctly). The white outline of the number is too thin on my jersey, and I know it's supposed to be more thick like the one on the left.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem? Was I dumb for getting it off NHL.com? And is it worth it to get the TV numbers redone? I spoke to a guy who does jerseys and he said he can put the correct numbers on there, but it MAY mess up the fabric on the jersey. Just wanted to see if anybody else had this issue, or had any suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (608.6 KB, 29 views)

JDMSG is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
  #352
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,863
vCash: 500
It would annoy me. You can get it fixed and it shouldn't mess up the fabric, though it may, slightly, and it's your choice. Any blemishes removing the numbers creates should be covered with the new numbers for the most part.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 04:25 PM
  #353
JDMSG
Registered User
 
JDMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
It would annoy me. You can get it fixed and it shouldn't mess up the fabric, though it may, slightly, and it's your choice. Any blemishes removing the numbers creates should be covered with the new numbers for the most part.
Yea it really pisses me off. That's what I was thinking, the new numbers would cover up any damage done, that's also what the guy at the store said. Thanks for the info, I'm leaning towards getting it redone. I want it to be correct.

JDMSG is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 05:58 PM
  #354
district9
Registered User
 
district9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Hartfor...item4d06fbc638

possibly the funniest game-issued jersey of all time?

district9 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 06:09 PM
  #355
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,358
vCash: 476
I think I died inside a little... Desecrating a Rangers jersey like that

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:05 PM
  #356
district9
Registered User
 
district9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
i didn't watch any wolf pack games that year, is this actually what they wore?

district9 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 01:39 PM
  #357
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,863
vCash: 500
If any of you folks also like the Capitals/are jersey collectors, I'm also getting rid of my Ovechkin authentic (size 46) to make room in collection and get some funds for customizing my new authentic. The Callahan sold already.






Letting it go for $115. Great way to get a canadian authentic, customized by IceJerseys (one of the best out there) for super cheap. Only wore it twice (Islanders/Caps games) and carried it to an event in the city where I was hoping to get it signed by Ovie, but never did. Great price, only for you HFers.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:20 PM
  #358
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSG View Post
I need some help with my jersey. I received this jersey as a gift a year ago, it is an authentic NYR heritage jersey that was ordered off NHL.com. I attached the photo to my post, and as you can see the picture on the right is my jersey, while the one on the left is one I saw in a store (which is done correctly). The white outline of the number is too thin on my jersey, and I know it's supposed to be more thick like the one on the left.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem? Was I dumb for getting it off NHL.com? And is it worth it to get the TV numbers redone? I spoke to a guy who does jerseys and he said he can put the correct numbers on there, but it MAY mess up the fabric on the jersey. Just wanted to see if anybody else had this issue, or had any suggestions.
I have taken names/numbers off a few times. All you need is a stitch cutter. Can get at Michael's for $.99. Never had a problem ruining the fabric.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:20 PM
  #359
HeyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Indo jersey

I received my authentic Indo jersey from amazon for $130 today. The jersey is ok I was not impressed with the quality of the material. After reading that the NHL players did not wear the Undo jerseys and the Canadian jersey are better quality I returned it. Why would I want to pay that money for something that the players don't wear and is not the best jersey avaiable? If its not the real thing I might as well get a Primier. I am choosing to put more money in and get a Canadian authentic. That is my choice because I want the best available, but to each their own, if you want a less expensive jersey it was a good buy.

HeyRangers is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:24 PM
  #360
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRangers View Post
I received my authentic Indo jersey from amazon for $130 today. The jersey is ok I was not impressed with the quality of the material. After reading that the NHL players did not wear the Undo jerseys and the Canadian jersey are better quality I returned it. Why would I want to pay that money for something that the players don't wear and is not the best jersey avaiable? If its not the real thing I might as well get a Primier. I am choosing to put more money in and get a Canadian authentic. That is my choice because I want the best available, but to each their own, if you want a less expensive jersey it was a good buy.
I understand, even agree with, your decision, but where are you going to find the canadian authentic? They're not available for retail yet. They were, but they took them away and switched to only making indos. They're bringing them back, but they're currently very difficult to find and not in retail distribution. IceJerseys may have them because of their direct relationship with Reebok.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:35 PM
  #361
HeyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I understand, even agree with, your decision, but where are you going to find the canadian authentic? They're not available for retail yet. They were, but they took them away and switched to only making indos. They're bringing them back, but they're currently very difficult to find and not in retail distribution. IceJerseys may have them because of their direct relationship with Reebok.
Ice jersey has them for 300 now, but I'm going to wait to season starts, see what their wearing do some more research and see if I can get a Canadian authentic on sale.

Also, I ordered a 54 and was swimming in it. I am 5'11 and 213, I have 52 in my football and baseball jerseys but though I would want bigger for hockey, but 54 was too big ill stick with 52.

HeyRangers is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:37 PM
  #362
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,863
vCash: 500
Yeah, they're cut big. 54 is way too big for you.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:24 PM
  #363
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRangers View Post
Ice jersey has them for 300 now, but I'm going to wait to season starts, see what their wearing do some more research and see if I can get a Canadian authentic on sale.

Also, I ordered a 54 and was swimming in it. I am 5'11 and 213, I have 52 in my football and baseball jerseys but though I would want bigger for hockey, but 54 was too big ill stick with 52.
How long was it on your arms? I'm about your size, a bit heavier, and I bought a Canadian 52 authentic from the NHL store back in May. It is actually a little big on me. If possible, I would go to a store that sells the jerseys and try on a 50 just in case. My 52 is a little long on my arms and a little big on me but definitely not comically large or anything.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:58 PM
  #364
HeyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
How long was it on your arms? I'm about your size, a bit heavier, and I bought a Canadian 52 authentic from the NHL store back in May. It is actually a little big on me. If possible, I would go to a store that sells the jerseys and try on a 50 just in case. My 52 is a little long on my arms and a little big on me but definitely not comically large or anything.
It was long on arms and all over. I was thinking too big and 52 may be big as well but I wear 52 in other jerseys.

HeyRangers is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 09:00 PM
  #365
HeyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Anyone on Long Island seen authentic NHL jerseys in a store recently?

HeyRangers is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 09:25 PM
  #366
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,863
vCash: 500
You are probably good with a 50, honestly. I'm a little less than 2 inches shorter than you and 10 pounds heavier and a 50 was VERY loose on me.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 09:25 PM
  #367
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRangers View Post
Anyone on Long Island seen authentic NHL jerseys in a store recently?
the difference between a 50 and a 52 is minimal compared to the differences between other sizes. I think its a half inch on the arms and chest.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 09:28 PM
  #368
HeyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
the difference between a 50 and a 52 is minimal compared to the differences between other sizes. I think its a half inch on the arms and chest.
Thank you. I like them a little big but don't want to be swimming in it.

HeyRangers is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 09:33 PM
  #369
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRangers View Post
Thank you. I like them a little big but don't want to be swimming in it.
I'd still consider a 50 if I were you. Before I gained weight, I was able to wear a sweat shirt under the 52, now it fits better now that I'm heavier. I was still 10 lbs heavier than you though before I gained weight.

I wear a large in Premiers though and they fit pretty well, they are probably on the looser side if anything but I think thats just how jerseys fit.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 09:39 PM
  #370
HeyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
I'd still consider a 50 if I were you. Before I gained weight, I was able to wear a sweat shirt under the 52, now it fits better now that I'm heavier. I was still 10 lbs heavier than you though before I gained weight.

I wear a large in Premiers though and they fit pretty well, they are probably on the looser side if anything but I think thats just how jerseys fit.
I have 3 MLB jerseys that are 52, 1 nfl jersey in 52 Nfl jersey in XL I would think 52 would be good I want room to wear a sweatshirt underneath. But still want to try a 52 or 50 before I have to buy a customized

HeyRangers is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 09:49 PM
  #371
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,358
vCash: 476
I bought a jersey made in 1984, said XL. fit's like an L. argh

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 10:31 PM
  #372
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.
 
NYR957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Long shot here. I have a blank pre-Edge 6100 white jersey, size 52. I've lost weight since I got it and now it's a muumuu on me. It's perfectly clean and has the fight strap, etc. I've probably worn it 10 times in my life. I was hoping someone had a size 48 6100 blank jersey that they'd be interesting in trading for mine.

NYR957 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:48 AM
  #373
NickyMaz
Registered User
 
NickyMaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Ok, I have a question I've been wondering for quite some time. I have a Henrik Lunqvist Winter Classic jersey I'd love to get signed by the man himself. How can I get that done?

I don't live in NYC and I'm hoping to make it to Ranger at Sabres on 19 April.

NickyMaz is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:11 AM
  #374
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyMaz View Post
Ok, I have a question I've been wondering for quite some time. I have a Henrik Lunqvist Winter Classic jersey I'd love to get signed by the man himself. How can I get that done?

I don't live in NYC and I'm hoping to make it to Ranger at Sabres on 19 April.
Pray every night. Then get to the Garden extremely early, and try to find out from a gentleman on here, or through some internet research which entrance to MSG Hank usually uses and stand outside of it HOURS before the game.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 05:09 PM
  #375
Salz
Registered User
 
Salz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Is this jersey real or fake? http://www.ebay.com/itm/RYAN-CALLAHA...item3cc48afa63

Salz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.