HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WBS Penguins Hockey PART II

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Will Hunting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Bold Prediction: If Tangradi plays with Geno and Neal full time, he will produce within 5 points of Kunitz at even strength. Obviously I can't account for a difference in powerplay time.
Yeah, I realized you are a Tangradi lover. Kind of strange case here He´s really falling down.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hunting View Post
Oh yeah, I wanted to say it after last game but I forgot. Morrow was brutal in that last game. 80% of his passes were just fails. His defensive work was very bad, again. I have concerns for this kid, seriously. I understand that it´s not easy for him, but this looks too extreme.

Also, there were some bad turnovers made by Despres, Dumoulin stepping up in those situations was the reason why they didn´t lead to opp. goals.. Bennett was unimpressive, probably the worst game I´ve seen him play. I want to believe that flu´ excuse. Looks like our prospects are burned there in WBS. There are no goals, no fun.
So you're saying all of our high profile prospects in WBS are busts? Maybe the problem is your lack of patience and unrealistic expectations.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Yeah, I realized you are a Tangradi lover. Kind of strange case here He´s really falling down.
I think putting him with talent and in a supporting 3rd wheel role will take pressure off of him and help him develop. Actually, I don't think he'll get much of a chance to even try and all of this is moot.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Will Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
So you're saying all of our high profile prospects in WBS are busts? Maybe the problem is your lack of patience and unrealistic expectations.
Unrealistic expectations? No way. I would like to see more from them, though. I am not expecting unreal things from them, but what I´ve seen is a bit too bad and is hurting my eyes. WBS looks like a cancer and I would like to see what they can do on a better team. I mean, WBS is really bad offensively. Fact that Bennett found a way to produce all by himself shouldn´t be underestimated. He would rock in AHL on a better team. Morrow is really concerning, because you can´t blame the team for his mistakes. They are coming out of nowhere and they are coming a lot. Good thing he´s still playing and not being scratched, he´s there to learn.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Unrealistic expectations? No way. I would like to see more from them, though. I am not expecting unreal things from them, but what I´ve seen is a bit too bad and is hurting my eyes. WBS looks like a cancer and I would like to see what they can do on a better team. I mean, WBS is really bad offensively. Fact that Bennett found a way to produce all by himself shouldn´t be underestimated. He would rock in AHL on a better team. Morrow is really concerning, because you can´t blame the team for his mistakes. They are coming out of nowhere and they are coming a lot. Good thing he´s still playing and not being scratched, he´s there to learn.
I hope we can take a few guys from them so everyone is actually playing.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:21 AM
wtbipyo

Reportedly ... the whole team is undergoing the flu bug. I'm not making excuses.

I am really hoping the Bennett is well by the start of camp on Sunday.

Let me pose this question - Martin, Michalek ... both struggled with our D system. Orpik had a down year and our D struggled overall. WBS is giving up all kinds of chances. Is the reason for our D prospects struggling (Despres, Morrow) because of the system?

Old
01-11-2013, 11:27 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbipyo View Post
Reportedly ... the whole team is undergoing the flu bug. I'm not making excuses.

I am really hoping the Bennett is well by the start of camp on Sunday.

Let me pose this question - Martin, Michalek ... both struggled with our D system. Orpik had a down year and our D struggled overall. WBS is giving up all kinds of chances. Is the reason for our D prospects struggling (Despres, Morrow) because of the system?
Prospects, some defensemen who legimimately would be called 2/3 types on playoff caliber teams all showing the same problem? Either Shero can't pick them or Bylsma can't coach them. Your choice.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM
wtbipyo

For tonight's game ...

Scratches: WBS-Morrow, Kuhnhackl, Grant, Ferriero, Tangradi, Despres. HER-Holtby, Stafford, Schilling, Galiev, Beaudoin, Carman, Orlov

Interesting ... Morrow might be because he's been playing terrible, but Tangradi and Despres???

Old
01-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Puckie09

Just read on twitter from dejan...he said depres will be at camp.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
wtbipyo

Despres and Tangradi will be at camp. Yohe said more WBS after tonight's game. I assume Bortuzzo, Strait and Bennett.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:34 PM
wtbipyo

Nice primary assist by Bennett on Dumoulin's PP goal. Blast from the point. WBS looks strong tonight. Playing a fast, physical game so far.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:34 PM
wej20

Is Bennett not going to be at the camp? he's playing tonight and assisted on Dumoulin's PP goal.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:38 PM
wtbipyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Is Bennett not going to be at the camp? he's playing tonight and assisted on Dumoulin's PP goal.
Yohe tweeted that a few more WBS players will report after tonight's game. I assume Bennett is on that list.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Dejan's reporting is getting Rossi-esque. First he claims the Pens aren't even bringing Despres to camp because they're disappointed with his dedication and one day later it comes out that the Pens are bringing him to camp.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:57 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Dejan's reporting is getting Rossi-esque. First he claims the Pens aren't even bringing Despres to camp because they're disappointed with his dedication and one day later it comes out that the Pens are bringing him to camp.
Nobody's reporting is as bad as Rossi, not even Rossi's.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:11 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Are there ever any streams for WBS games? Every game there's nothing. I guess this is probably the last one I'll care about watching this season anyway, but still.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:24 PM
wtbipyo

Totally different WBS tonight. It looks like the whole crew is trying to get into training camp on Sunday, ha!

Old
01-11-2013, 07:40 PM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbipyo View Post
Totally different WBS tonight. It looks like the whole crew is trying to get into training camp on Sunday, ha!
They are playing hard but still can't freakin score.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:02 PM
wtbipyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
They are playing hard but still can't freakin score.
Agreed. Grind ... grind ... grind . Really can't see the skill of Bennett on display with all these grinders. Interesting to see him over this next week...

Old
01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Solution

Looking at wbs lineup tonight they are seriously missing some scoring up front. Thompson,smith,holzapfel on the first line. I would guess that dupuis,gibbons, and peters is the second unit. Uher,sill, and macintyre as the third? Farnham and the two call ups of Barton and crowder.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solushun View Post
Looking at wbs lineup tonight they are seriously missing some scoring up front. Thompson,smith,holzapfel on the first line. I would guess that dupuis,gibbons, and peters is the second unit. Uher,sill, and macintyre as the third? Farnham and the two call ups of Barton and crowder.
Barton and Crowder both look decent tonight.

Morrow is having a good game as well.

edit: As soon as I say this, Morrow makes an unforced turnover to allow the Phantoms to tie it.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:38 PM
JTG

Dumoulin has some offensive skill. He's not all defense.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Really nice play between Uher, Gibbons and Dumoulin to give WB/S the lead back.

Uher chipped it Gibbons, Gibbons waits and drops a pass back to Dumoulin skating towards the slot, and he rips a wrist shot past former Pen Scott Munroe.

Good patience by Gibbons, and a nasty shot by Dumoulin.

It's nice to see one of those situations actually result in a goal for once.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:07 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Glad to see tht Morrow will be getting some real minutes now that the logjam has opened up a little. He needs it if he wants to improve.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Dupree13

This tweet from Highland Park Hockey who's live tweeting the WBS game:

@H_P_Hockey Something you can't take away from tonight's game from the scoresheet: Joe Morrow hasn't moved on the bench entire third period.

Closed Thread