HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), players in the system, etc.

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
The London Knights ‏@GoLondonKnights
Spirit strike again to make it 3-0. Stolarz replaces Patterson between the pipes. #KnightsTalk

Stolarz in

Old
01-12-2013, 07:23 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Any live steam for the Stolarz game?

Old
01-12-2013, 07:24 PM
FlyersFan61290

Noebels with his first AHL goal to tie the game 1-1

Deposited a rebound on his back hand. Bouncing pick that he top shelfed. Pretty impressive actually

Old
01-12-2013, 07:27 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Awesome. I will say, I hope the best for Noebels.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Any live steam for the Stolarz game?
Not without spending money

Old
01-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Awesome. I will say, I hope the best for Noebels.
Me, too, and I hope he realizes his dream of playing for the Phillies one day

Old
01-12-2013, 08:05 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Ummm... did I miss a joke?

Old
01-12-2013, 08:09 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Ummm... did I miss a joke?
Maybe, but I don't get it either

Old
01-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Ryker

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...id=phi-draft11

Old
01-12-2013, 10:09 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

14 saves on 15 shots in his first ohl action. Not bad.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:10 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
14 saves on 15 shots in his first ohl action. Not bad.
2nd game

Old
01-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Krishna

So far he's let up 6 goals on 53 shots

Old
01-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

I was at the Phantoms vs Penguins game tonight.

Man, that team was bad with Schenn & Couturier, they're obviously a lot worse without them. They just don't have all that many skilled forwards. They struggled big time 5 v 5.

Noebels goal was nice. Rebound goal that was bouncing. He roofed it too.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:21 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
why couldn't he wore what he wore in college? its all 11 inch regulation now. doesn't make sense

Old
01-12-2013, 11:22 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
2nd game
14 saves on 15 shots in his 2nd game of ohl action? Not bad

Old
01-13-2013, 12:11 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
I was at the Phantoms vs Penguins game tonight.

Man, that team was bad with Schenn & Couturier, they're obviously a lot worse without them. They just don't have all that many skilled forwards. They struggled big time 5 v 5.

Noebels goal was nice. Rebound goal that was bouncing. He roofed it too.
Phantoms have a team where they're going to be hopeless if they give up more than 2 goals. It would've been nice if they could've found a couple veteran forwards so that these guys at least have someone to pass the puck to.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:50 AM
BackWithaVengeance

As much as the Flyers suck in developing defensive prospects they do a great job in finding centers/wingers.

Since we give away 2nd round picks like candys, we still have Scott Laughton, Nick Cousins and Taylor Leier waiting in the system.

Especially, Cousins and Leier look like gems in the middle rounds.

Parks, Noebels and McGinn could become serviceable bottom-6 players, preferably top 9 winger with a scoring touch.

Let's hope, Ghost and Suellentrop at least pan out, so we'd have one solid puckmoving and another stay-at-home defenseman.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:33 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
So far he's let up 6 goals on 53 shots
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm glad Stolarz left the NCAA and is now playing in London. He's going to get into a lot of games and he's going to get the playing time he needs as well as the coaching to be a dominant goaltender.

In terms of his few two games, I have no problem with the first game in which he gave up five goals. The game was a blow out, but more important, London coaches got to see what is good about Stolarz's game and what needs to be fixed. Playing every fifth or sixth game in the NCAA wasn't going to fix what Stolarz needs to work on.

I'm looking forward to seeing Stolarz play, especially once he gets his new pads and he gets a chance to get some much needed coaching and playing time.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:01 AM
iamcanadian23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm glad Stolarz left the NCAA and is now playing in London. He's going to get into a lot of games and he's going to get the playing time he needs as well as the coaching to be a dominant goaltender.

In terms of his few two games, I have no problem with the first game in which he gave up five goals. The game was a blow out, but more important, London coaches got to see what is good about Stolarz's game and what needs to be fixed. Playing every fifth or sixth game in the NCAA wasn't going to fix what Stolarz needs to work on.

I'm looking forward to seeing Stolarz play, especially once he gets his new pads and he gets a chance to get some much needed coaching and playing time.
Agreed, this is key. Just not enough in college for a goaltender, especially when not starting regularly.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:18 AM
CyborgLindros

The Phantoms game last night was an utter mess at forward as everyone's been saying. Hell the Phantoms had breakaway opportunities that never even saw the crease. They just flat out missed everything! Some of the Dmen in the system look like they could be dominant if the light ever turns on. I'm looking at you Lauridsen.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:

He's playing for some damn good coaches who are excellent hockey men. It's going to be fun to watch how he develops. He has Johnathan Quick like feet. He's very athletic for a big man.

Last edited by Alchemy: 01-13-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old
01-13-2013, 01:32 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
He's playing for same damn good coaches who are excellent hockey men. It's going to be fun to watch how he develops. He has Johnathan Quick like feet. He's very athletic for a big man.
Agreed. People can say what they want about the Hunter brothers and the program they run in London, but they know talent, they have an excellent (I'd say pretty much superior) coaching staff, and they are always competitive. I think next year at this time, people are going to rave about Stolarz, very similar to how others rave about John Gibson in Kitchener.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Agreed. People can say what they want about the Hunter brothers and the program they run in London, but they know talent, they have an excellent (I'd say pretty much superior) coaching staff, and they are always competitive. I think next year at this time, people are going to rave about Stolarz, very similar to how others rave about John Gibson in Kitchener.
Do you think he will eventually become the outright starter this year? Or is Dale Hunter going to keep the goalie rotation thing going?

Old
01-13-2013, 01:59 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Do you think he will eventually become the outright starter this year? Or is Dale Hunter going to keep the goalie rotation thing going?
Well, they really wanted Stolarz to come to London at the start of the year, so I'm thinking that they want him to be the starter. I know that Mark Hunter is on record as saying that they only scouted Stolarz a few times, but they loved his competitiveness and his overall ability. It won't surprise me if the Knights end up running Stolarz down the stretch.

From what I've seen of Stolarz, he's got a great glove hand and his lateral movement is off the chart for such a big goalie. He also gets in and out of the butterfly very quickly and he's cool under pressure. His biggest flaws right now seem to be that of following the play in front of him (when there's scrambles, he can sometimes lose focus) and his rebound control. Both flaws though are easily correctable.

The other thing that I think needs to be said about Stolarz is how smart he is. This is a guy who gets it and will do what needs to be done to make it at the next level. His work ethic is second to none and he's a sponge for coaching. London is going to be such a good fit for him.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Well, they really wanted Stolarz to come to London at the start of the year, so I'm thinking that they want him to be the starter. I know that Mark Hunter is on record as saying that they only scouted Stolarz a few times, but they loved his competitiveness and his overall ability. It won't surprise me if the Knights end up running Stolarz down the stretch.

From what I've seen of Stolarz, he's got a great glove hand and his lateral movement is off the chart for such a big goalie. He also gets in and out of the butterfly very quickly and he's cool under pressure. His biggest flaws right now seem to be that of following the play in front of him (when there's scrambles, he can sometimes lose focus) and his rebound control. Both flaws though are easily correctable.

The other thing that I think needs to be said about Stolarz is how smart he is. This is a guy who gets it and will do what needs to be done to make it at the next level. His work ethic is second to none and he's a sponge for coaching. London is going to be such a good fit for him.
Good to hear, he sounds very promising. I'm excited to keep track of his development over the years.

Closed Thread